[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Dramabeans recap is out http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/answer-me-1988-episode-17/

Now I finally understand what JH & JB talked about in the rooftop and it made me cry just reading about it. Girlfriday wrote is so beautifully, I just couldn't. :tears: WHY IS HE SO SWEET? He's literally the most selfless person in the entire drama, it's unreal. If after being a freaking military pilot, he still couldn't take charge of his love life and be honest about his feelings, I'll go crazy out of frustration.   

• Like 24

@Kelly86 I agree, if (IF being the operative word) the writer has the other endgame is mind, this will be the first episode that will convince me that ok DS at least started seeing him in a different light but honestly, JH still makes sense to me (am I really seeing everything through shipper's glasses???) because the kiss scene looked a bit awkward to me (I like Taek (PBG is a lovely!) but I didn't feel that scene *sigh* 

@hailaft Isn't JH the sweetest brother ever .. from when he was little to even now!  It reminded of how Trash wanted to become a Neurosurgeon because of Hoon :wub: I love both of them for being memorable characters!!

• Like 11

From the Dramabeans recap:

"Inside, Mom finds old journals written by both boys when they were kids, and Dad says he’s saving them all to give to them when they get married."

Oh yes please! JH you should give it to your wife DS and show what you wrote in Elementary school, especially the suggestion on arm wrestling ;)

• Like 22

Guest wizengamot

okay, i'm just dropping by here to point out something. i was back reading on my phone and i think the kiss scene has been a topic, so i'm gonna share my two cents here.

i think that the kiss scene is a dream

honestly, thinking that the kiss is real is the easiest thing to do for both TK shippers and JH shippers. For Tk shippers, because it's a good scene for the ship and for JH shippers to just accept it. But not to burst anyone's bubble, and i'd like to think that this is not just blind shipping or delusional thinking so i'm gonna at least support it with reasons.

REASONS WHY THE KISS IS A DREAM:

1_zpslrvctiiv.jpg

2_zpsziob9kkz.jpg

3_zpsiiidg3jh.jpg

- First off, we see DS leaving before TK closed his eyes to see her lying opposite him so the possibility of it being a dream is there but not quite high because she can just come back to lie.

- But, in that tiny space why would DS even want to lie like that? what? just to make it hard for herself? she just like lying down like that for fun? it's the trend? really? that's weird.

- find the difference. where did that blue blanket came from.

- it is DS first kiss and she's so into romance. why would she act non chalant about it? really? brush off / dismiss your first kiss? i don't think so. that's why it must be a dream.

- i think even though the production team likes trolling, THEY'VE BEEN CLEAR HOW DREAMS AND REALITY LOOK LIKE. when DS was dreaming of SW in the  Lee Mi Yeon chocolate commercial parody and when JH was dreaming DS in the same way, aren't those look like kind of blurred/dreamy because it's a dream. But when SW-BR kiss or JH-DS bed scene, it's clear, no dreamy effect because they're showing it's not a dream.

- DS responding is unlikely because there's no strong build up

- and lastly, the episode was all wishes, dreams, and ambitions, so i think that scene being a dream is more fitting.

38 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Wow everyone we are at 350 pages!!!  At this rate we will hit 500 but next week's episode 19. 

Please remember not to quote gifs, pics or videos so that everyone can access the thread easily. 

About the kiss scene aside from it being fanservice i think it reinforces how much Taek likes DS and how much he likes JH to back out of the "competition", in contrast to his very competitive nature. I think if the kiss qas real he would have been disappointed with himself and that is why he sought confirmation from DS. 

This scene is probably in parallel to JH's wishing for TK to be a bad guy (and tt he wouldnt be hurt) as this scene shows the extent of JH's love for TK. So in this sense the kiss scene is not something that was shown for no reason.

Aish these two...poor DS....

aissshhhh this two (slow...lovely) boys,,,,and poor DS,,,at this rate maybe what Ra omma said will be true..the two of them will date each other and abandon DS in the end... (goat sound) (why makes it so complicated..even after the jump time all still complicated..i still cant see the clear bright future in every part in this drama..hahahahaha)

25 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Tomorrow though hopefully JH mans up and for ONCE puts himself first and CONFESS.....I have a feeling it will be about him what we saw in the preview but we all know HOW MUCH previews can troll so yeah....but still I AGREE with the comment one nitizen said if your not going to confess give up already lol FOREALS....I'm #teamjunghwan but its getting tiring for my heart and so yeah end the misery. I still LOVE you for being such a GREAT character and I will NEVER GET over YOU in the uniform so thats enough for me. I want you to be the husband but if your character is poorly written on that part sigh....how am I suppose to root for u? STILL HOPEFUL THOUGH JH got 3 more episodes to drop the cool additude and romance up!!! #KIMJUNGHWAN/RJYISTHEHUSBAND :wub:

100% agree at everything that you said in this paragraph chingu.. I also have the same thought like netozen, if JH not going to confess or just to confess to said that TK likes you,,,its better give up already..Step out from this (dirty) game already. Nadu chingu its getting tiring for my heart too. huhuhu...yes, thanks for makes JH as a great character but shame on you writer nim to makes this slow development in romance part.it just too slow...i hopelike in 97...something must happen today like how SW asked to YH do you have girlfriend?after time jump that drop YJ cool in blink of eyes..its up to writer to makes the games on until the last episode but please make sure i know the answer for my old question about DS heart. so it will make it a bit clear and ofc JH really need to drop his cool attitude and romance up...

i wanna this ship is fly high...high away...and wont ever sink...hahahahahha

Looks at how mature JH from the ending last episode and the preview...i hope it DS that makes he drop his cool and back to his old self just when she is around (bickering again, yelling at each other again)

and today finally we will see the future scene, no? wah,,,its been a long time didnt see this scene,..what will be given from the future scene?another clue red-hearing or another cameo from adult version of ssangmundong family..hmmmmmmmmm.... (look at clock..sigh...still 5 hours again)

• Like 5

Right, LOVE his diary! if he is not the husband why are the writers making his character so lovable! at such a young age to make an important thing be about DS :wub: its like a foreshadow that one day she will play a big/important part in his life too!

*After all this if they still DARE throw me that lame don't make any sense curve ball and make Taek the hubby O.M.G :crazy:.....so what is JH the perfect plot/sacrificial guy to be thrown away/confuse the viewers this whole time?? no way right!

• Like 12

I also have this idea.. or delusion.. whichever you want to call it.. that they stopped showing the future scenes because it was so easy to guess who the husband is just from that.. Usually the pd loves teasing with future footage but how come we have NOTHING since the picture clue?? And now they are just trolling us.. Don't get me wrong, I want the resolution and *love mode* of RJY/Hyeri, not LMY/LJH, just for the satisfaction of it, but I'm surprised we haven't yet seen others appear in the future. Not even Dong Ryung/Jung Bong.. I wonder what happened 

• Like 10

I am not even expecting a kiss for tonight's episode...i just need JH to CONFESS! Bruhhhh...it's been 17 episodes!!

I am so sure that today's scene as per preview is gonna be trolling us! He's either gonna tell her taek has liked her all this while or smthing JH would say like...I don't like ur hair like this -.- *goat sound*  I just know it! #teamlowexpectations

• Like 12

Guest wizengamot

Up on the roof, Jung-bong and Jung-hwan see them too—a shower of falling stars—and Jung-bong quickly makes a wish. Jung-hwan claims to have forgotten to make one, and guesses that Hyung wished for a happy romance with Mi-ok. But Jung-bong says no, he wished for his little brother to be able to do whatever he wants in life. Awww.

answer17-00523.jpg answer17-00483.jpg

credits: Dramabeans

really? these two. JH just cooperating as usual to his hyung's antics watching the shooting star though he's not that interested

and JB only wanting that so he can wish something for JH.

me: cries a river

now we know that JH dream doesn't keep changing depending on what movie he likes, but depending on what JB wants.really these two... T_T

Wow the thread is moving sooooo fast~~ After the live streaming last night I was so busy fangirling Ryu Junyeol in Uniform ahahaha... fiyuh~~~ he's too handsome with that uniform, not just a Pilot uniform but Air Force, Air (freaking) Force, hahahaha dunno how many times he watched Top Gun already~~ he made his dream comes true. 

I was rewatching the raw episode almost on midnight in my country, I cried so much and was like a mess, I got headache and puffy eyes this morning. Though it feels strange, and edited in odd sequences but still many good points in it. I still won't go to MT until the show is over hahaha.

it was so nice looking at them playing soccer together and how DS insists to watch them despite her injured leg, she cheers on everyone made the goal and also feels bad for everyone who were tired. She is so nice. I see a lil bit of awkwardness between her and taek when they left behind together simply because he canceled their movie date.

Spoiler

@wizengamot Joey wong knows Tk DS supposed to go to the movie instead of being there at Study Room, so you can tell someone who mentioned you before that DS knew about the Movie date ahahaha)

So will she just nonchalantly brush off first kiss? Okay I won't really write about that, enough for me to really WATCH her answer instead of looking beyond the lines.. Ah yeah, I was so sad looking at them play so happily, like there's no tomorrow, (RJY just being himself hehehe) and in this scene hits me hard that it will be over soon, their youth, their togetherness, their uuhm first love. JH-JB's scene really makes me choke up, when the boys thought JH keeps changing his dream according what he was watching turns out to be because he is determine to make whatever JB's dream come true,how he values and cherish his big bro. I love their relationship. as the only child in the family I wish I have one sibling to take care of  like that. and SW-BR break up actually expected, tho it still feels sad, because actually a bigger Dream tore them apart not because the lack of love. I'm so touched with BR DS's scene and DS-Dongil's scene, it makes me reflect and asking myself what is my dream. But then I cried measly when these JB-JH starts packing their back, SW having convo with his mom. It feels like I'm saying goodbye to them. they won't be 19years old ssangmundong alley kids anymore, they are going to pursue their dream. huhuhu... I'm gonna miss them now though I welcome these ssangmundong young adult too. The excitement just gone through the roof on me. I can't wait to see the new episode this evening. 

• Like 15

After re-watching the episode, I realise that I finally found something that makes me annoyed with Taek. I'm going to put this very nicely so no one is getting upset, hehe. 

Progress could have happened if only Taek would give the honest answer for JH's question about the wallet. JungHwan has gathered his guts to ask him. Hmmm... why would he lie? 

• Like 11

Guest wizengamot

okay moving on...

as i was reading dramabeans, i could say i can relate much to DS about this whole no-dreams at the age of 18 thing. I think it's quite common if not normal. i actually feel envious of people who has a dream and is so invested into it. 

i laughed so hard when read dramabeans comment..."and for someone to confess to Deok-sun already. No No dont be hurry we've only been wait for SIX YEARS"..LOL thats so true...from 1988 until 1994..aigooo what a long waiting right?

i am crying again read dramabeans comment in JH-JB scenes. How sweet they are. That was so touching, i especially love the line that dramabeans wrote how everyone’s dreams are in actuality not about themselves at all, but about wishing something for the people they love, or even sacrificing what they want for someone else. and JH did it for him and his brother, He wanna makes his brother dreams comes true, and he already did it since he was a kid.. look how amazing he is...what a good dongsaeng...neomu chake...jinjja chake..

ps: i just forget about JH playing soccer scene..Really that uniform in ending blow my minds away and makes me forget about the whole story from yesterday episode. Yes, he is so hot when kick the ball, dribbling ball, made a goal, made a celebration pose, he is totally soccer freak (in drama and real life). I love it I love it.. (i have a slightly thought that every time SW or DR hurt or sick and need to bring to hospital why JH always be the one who piggyback ride? DR and SW already have a taste of JH back...hahahahahaha...to make it fair makes DS and TK have a taste too..LOL...especially DS...aigooo whats up with my brain)

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

okay moving on...

as i was reading dramabeans, i could say i can relate much to DS about this whole no-dreams at the age of 18 thing. I think it's quite common if not normal. i actually feel envious of people who has a dream and is so invested into it. 

Me too. I'm still dream-less as well while my friends around me have a certain goal that they are aiming for. And i'm here like erm.... great.... way to go me... chasing oppars and dramas on a daily basis HAHAHA

talking about TK-DS kiss scene. it's obviously impossible DS lying down with that position. if she really wanna sleep in Taek's room, she'll definitely lying down next to Taek in parallel position and she loves cover her body with the blanket. so, i believe it's Taek's dream. although DS seemed little bit surprised (based on her surprised eyes when Taek kissed her suddenly)

• Like 2