[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Seriously that lee chakka nim really ready to be throwing out if makes this week bitter like last week (in triangle department). Since last week i dont want to have any expectation,just bring me anything but must move forward from last week. (it would be great if that agonizing triangle ended this week too,...so at least my new year will be a bit shinning...hahahahahahaha). I am looking forward time skip too.. (yeah i am already prepare about the worst cliffhanger time skip...that maybe time skip happen in the end ep 16?huh, and i will see the proper time skip next year...oke next year...hahahahahaha). i believe you chakka nim, bring the time skip faster to clean this mess too...  

10 minutes ago, papulichan said:

Annyeong chingudeul !! :D Tomorrow is  REPLY DAY !!

Heollllllll.....uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....... Can this namja get any hotter with every pic.....ottokee....omo my heart....:sweat_smile:

Heol///// i see that picture too this morning when i woke up (yes, just woke up and looking for ryu jun yeol on my phone,) yes,,,every time i see him, he will get hotter, more handsome, and more shinning....kerohke, uri simjang ottohkeyo?? yeah maybe that his time skip hairstyle .(i thought he will cut his hair, but this style is good too, )...

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, wissyyyyy said:

I hear you! I started #TeamLowExpectations and I'm gonna stick with it. I'm rewatching the show with my family since it's the break. We're at episode 5. My sister couldn't stop crying hahaha. And when JH showed up with the umbrella. RIP

Even I'm rewatching the show with my mum. And believe it or not she is on #TeamTaek :lol: Goes without saying that we frequently end up being drawn into intense and heated debates. She loves Jung Hwan very much as well but she has always had a thing for unconventionally written characters. But we're both in love with the show and appreciate the focus it gives to the family dynamics. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, fictionista said:

Even I'm rewatching the show with my mum. And believe it or not she is on #TeamTaek :lol: Goes without saying that we frequently end up being drawn into intense and heated debates. She loves Jung Hwan very much as well but she has always had a thing for unconventionally written characters. But we're both in love with the show and appreciate the focus it gives to the family dynamics. 

Ya..chinguya.... I love your mom !..hahahha...... but I reckon she liked 'Bidam'(QSD) as much as we both did(aigoo...Kim Nam Gil..) ! Ain't it right??

1 hour ago, wasted_youth said:

Kim seobang and his family wish all JH DS shippers Happy Xmas Eve and Happy Holiday. Don't forget to tune in into Daedabhara1988 this week

2049616529_7e514707_FDFDFDFD_kt_FDF7FD_F

icon_3%201_zpsmau3iogl.gif

Wait is that fog supposed to be Junghwam? Also I agree with all that RJY looks good with his hair up and I too hope that's the new do he has in 94 or is it too modern? 

• Like 2

@MrsSoJiSub yes, it's Jung-hwan with pink angora glove :D Taek shippers also use the same dog icon but with different things on its hand.

29 minutes ago, leekyuphii said:

Heol///// i see that picture too this morning when i woke up (yes, just woke up and looking for ryu jun yeol on my phone,) yes,,,every time i see him, he will get hotter, more handsome, and more shinning....kerohke, uri simjang ottohkeyo?? yeah maybe that his time skip hairstyle .(i thought he will cut his hair, but this style is good too, )...

You and me both, chingu. :crazy:

@fictionista I keep telling myself not to expect anything 'big' to happen because we know this writer and this Shin Won-ho ajusshi too well already..but, I just can't haha. If let's say nothing memorable happens like @wizengamot chingu said, I will be much more disappointed than last week. Because it's already the 15th episode, you can't drag the triangle/angst that long.

tumblr_inline_nzuql3r8kN1qcc42g_540.jpg

• Like 13

Guest wizengamot

i hope DS look would be like that of the ghana signing event (i don;t want weird wigs please although if they can make it as naturally looking as it can be then i have no problem) and JH with his hair up like that. omg i'm more excited for the time skip than for tomorrow's episode hahaha

@Kelly86 if you want to see the results you can click the other button, the orange one. :D and you can also vote once per day if you want to, I tried to vote just now and it works.

edit: I just saw the new OST!!! SO HAPPYYYY OMYGODDDD. you know I was kinda sad that there was no OST with DS-JH as the cover, and then I thought "I hope Sojin's OST would have DS-JH as its cover" AND IT'S HAPPENING FOR REALLLL <3 OMG NOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW'S EP. too bad I can't stream it live since I'd be having a christmas dinner by then D:

59 minutes ago, papulichan said:

Ya..chinguya.... I love your mom !..hahahha...... but I reckon she liked 'Bidam'(QSD) as much as we both did(aigoo...Kim Nam Gil..) ! Ain't it right??

Hahaha. Oh yes we have shed buckets of tears over Bidam's fate in Queen Seon Duk. Mum always ends up rooting for the second lead in most Kdramas. Thank god she decided against watching Reply 1994 after the first 2 episodes or she might have been traumatized for life after being chilbong-ed so badly.

@wasted_youth Yep I feel your pain. I am tired of the same old nothing happening in the main loveline and sick of seeing the angsty JH. If nothing else, I really want to see an angry DS confronting JH about his hesitation or at least saying a firm 'no' to Taek. God any forward movement will be welcome at this point.

Btw what is that gif of RJY kicking a soccer ball that's doing the rounds on the interwebz? Is it from the timeskip scenes? Does this mean he becomes a college/professional football player?

• Like 4

I'm usually so excited for Christmas, but this year I am more excited for the freaking Reply episodes!!! Am I the only one? One week feels like ages. :bawling:

I hope the writer doesn't go down the typical drama route--> JH ends up in the hospital because he is trying to save DS from something and that's why DS is crying... ^_^ I am so curious..

7 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

I'm just wondering if the lady next to him on the right corner is Ji Hyo? Looks like her right???? 

Oppaaaaaaa so many girls falling for you, how are you going to take responsibility?!

@mojobobo Good eye! I definitely see Ji Hyo in her. At first I thought she is Hyeri.. lol.

• Like 7

Guest wizengamot

i'm one of those who mostly (not always, but 75% of the time) roots for the second male lead because most of the time they've been portrayed as someone who shows that they really deserve the girl. that if i was the girl and i am to experience the things they're doing or the love they're showing, i'd choose that second lead anytime. 

But Reply 1988 is an exception. this is one of the rare moments in kdrama land where i am 100% all-out support for the main guy to get the girl. TK is a likeable character, and it feels to me that even without him being involve in the husband hunting or the triangle, he'll do just fine. i love his dynamics with DR mostly. his scenes with DS is cute too (reminds me of how cute SIG babies him in Hello Monster). i honestly feels like his inclusion on the triangle is to make the husband hunting even though it's sooo obvious that it's gonna be JH.

i mostly think that the reason why people think that it's gonna hurt so bad if he's not going to be the husband is self-inflicted. It was because of reading too much between the lines, overthinking (i mean there are those time when some shippers say that the way DS looks at TK or the millisecond change of her expression reflects a deep love) it's exaggeration, but really that's what they do. I know we also do "what ifs" here but these are not baseless at all, we've been given 14 episodes to build this ship and based our :what ifs:.

@mojobobo taht's what i thought too. and i start wondering how did they get acquainted?

Guest wizengamot
7 minutes ago, wasted_youth said:

@mojobobo not, it's not Mong Ji hehe. If I'm not mistaken she's a make-up artist.

@wizengamot does that mean you were Team CB last time? hehe

no hahaha!!! i did not watch Reply 1994. i don;t know why actually, when i love reply 1997 so much it became one of my top kdramas of all time. 

1 hour ago, HwanSunny said:

i hate to say this, coz since last and last week i also say I have good feeling for next episode :D

but, with HR IG post and new OST cover, cant wait for ep 15 & 16 :wub:

Hide contents

CW9ZOjGUAAUN8of.jpg

Wow this is a beautiful piece of fan art. 

@wasted_youth Ah thanks for the clarification. I foolishly thought it was from the filming. *sigh* But he did look fantastic kicking that ball. I swear I spent a good many minutes ogling his long legs. :D 

@wizengamot You are so lucky to have avoided Reply 1994. The shipping wars got really ugly in the end and for a majority following the series, everything ended in heartbreak. I don't question Na Jung's decision in the end but the writers sure as hell did not write Jung Woo's character well. I found many of Oppa/Trash's actions quite patriarchal and yes even Chilbong was overtly persistent. I am 100% happy and relieved that both the male leads in 1988 are fantastically written and even if the romance goes the other way, I won't be too heartbroken. At least I hope the writers will not make me resent any of the characters for their actions in the remaining few episodes.

• Like 6