[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Imo, pd shin wouldn't give us any revealing/teasing bts like that of pbg-hr becoz that would ruin the husband game. That's just bait for confusion. It's just bad that we couldn't enjoy more JH-DS bts. Since they are the end game, giving us bts would ruin the suspense of the story, right?

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry too much about that picture they posted, DS is obviously the yellow one (We've seen the dolls) and yet here she's the black one(?). On the other hand, they could be also giving us another hint... 

Same poker face! 

c64c92ddacf14c3c8d4ae2849a04908b.jpg

Hello all!  Why are people down?  Don't worry about the "lack" of JH/DS.  They're just making up for lack of Taek the last 3 weeks.  I think the writers learned a lot from 1994 in terms of the husband game.   They started off the series with DS having no feelings for Taek and JH.  I think JH still has the advantage because we were introduced to JH's feelings first.   Taek joining the game feels like when Yoon Jae's brother joined the husband game in 1994.  IMO Taek will serve the same purpose as Yoon Jae's brother did in 1994.  Taek will serve as a bridge to DS and JH getting together.  Taek has always been taking care of the group.  But I think this time around as a sign that Taek is grown up and doesn't need to be taken care of all the time, Taek will realize JH's feelings for DS and help them get together.

• Like 13

Hello! First time posting here. I thought I won't take any ship after R94, but I can't resist JH's charm. Omooo...For this time, I'm sure JH is the husband coz there's many similarities between him and YJ. Taek is super cute but I don't see him as a strong contender (yet).. There's still long way to go, stay strong. Team JH fighting! ^^

• Like 7

I've calmed my nerves after the overload of Taek/DS being thrown our way lol. I don't mind the slow progress of our OTP, but I do hate when dramas give too much moments/screentime to the second lead with the lead. That just feels like such a waste. Imagine us hardly getting JH/DS scenes until the finale, BUT they would still end up together. That wouldn't really make me that happy. I want to see our OTP interact, be cute, be boyfriend/girlfriend.

So please writers, don't do the one thing I hate lol. I trust them though! I secretly hope Taek will be out of the running soon. The twitter/tumblr tag has been filled with Taek and I just really don't care for him that much.

• Like 5

@alleverything I feel you chinggu :tears:, but I think we'll get plenty of JH/DS from ep 11 onwards. Waiting is torture, I know. Right now they are focusing more on the family stories and to be fair to PBG, I don't think he gets that much screen time either. I feel like Bora appears more in each episode haha. 

Good things come to those who wait, right Jungpal?:D:w00t: #kisseuhae

2950634076_d57a6f53_IMG_4686_zps3n7pyb4t

Ok I'm going to bed now. See you girls tomorrow, if there's any update/bts of JH and DS please share here!

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, wasted_youth said:

@alleverything I feel you chinggu :tears:, but I think we'll get plenty of JH/DS from ep 11 onwards. Waiting is torture, I know. Right now they are focusing more on the family stories and to be fair to PBG, I don't think he gets that much screen time either. I feel like Bora appears more in each episode haha. 

Good things come to those who wait, right Jungpal?:D:w00t: #kisseuhae

Ok I'm going to bed now. See you girls tomorrow, if there's any update/bts of JH and DS please share here!

I also can feel both of you chingu..  They are so bad because make us crazy about JH and now want we wait like forever for our OTP scene..  Haishh..  I also agree the screen times for second lead just a waste,its not that i hate TK(are you crazy, i love that cutie pie guy) just i loves  to see more and more and more JH and DS scene, even when they are bickering also can make my heart fluttering..  If can, i want they have more skinship and 'sexual tension' just like episode 3.. In this state, i want DS mother chase after her again so that she can hug JH again..kekekke

Now have another speculation and Theory said that DR is the husband.. Ahh, what ever it is  i want JH to get DS kiss first..  

Jungpal  #kisseuhae  #kisseuhae  #kisseuhae  #kisseuhae  #kisseuhae  #kisseuhae go and kiss her boy.. I know you can do it because you are aggressive in a same time gentleman.. Kekekke(am i sound like pervy now?  )mian.. Mian.. 

..BTW,the more i looked at him the more i found he so attractive and sexy guy.. 

2950634076_d57a6f53_IMG_4686_zps3n7pyb4t

Cr from owner

• Like 5

Hey all. I just wanted to drop in and say hi and gush a bit about this couple. Now I don't ship them hard like I normally do when watching this series (I was such trash for Jeong and Oppa). The feels just aren't there yet. But, I do enjoy their interactions and get fangirl and giggly and smiley when Junghwan shows his crushing in the most rough and gruff teenage way. I have a thing for guys reluctantly falling heels over head for a girl who kinda doesn't know they exist. I adore how Junghwan notices Deok Sun and does all those cute things (which includes bickering) to get her attention. At the same time I love that even he doesn't like/can't admit to his behavior and you could tell if he could turn off the feels (simply to save himself) he would. I died when he failed dove on his bed. He so desperately wants Deok Sun to understand his feelings and she would if he would simply use his words to confess. But alas he can't (what if she rejects him. That would be embarrassing and heartbreaking). So he does these things that she may never get because he's such a boy with the pretty of the uglies way of showing like, LOL. I love that he's so out of sorts by the whole thing. It's all so easy to solve but he's making it adorably complicated.

I don't understand the worry about Taek and Deok Sun having filming and upcoming scenes. When has the road to wedded bliss ever been an easy one for any of the Reply ultimate OTPs? I am more sure of Junghwan being the husband than I was of oppa-ya (and that one became obvious to me in the grand hospital entrance/scene of ep 2 and certified by ep 6 or 7). The way the story and narrative is unfolding, he's it. If you look carefully at details of the story, not just dolls and color theories which some of it is valid and a treat to read, but character development, storylines/themes, scene transitions, and things, even though it's still early, our stage is set. We are about to enter the second half (Act II of things) and from here on out we just build on the established. What's been established as far as teen romance goes is this:  Sunwoo/Bora, a mission to tranision from boy to man in Bora's eyes and gain her heart. Sunwoo is half way there with the events of ep 8. Also showing the scenes of Bora and mom and little things here and there of Sunwoo "taming" Bora, callback to future smokey phonecall; they're it.  Junghwan/Deok Sun is about courage to confess oneself (Deok Sun), to others (Junghwan), and then eventually to each other (which too will bring in a boatload of conflict to drive things until the last ep). There has been so many things that says these two are the endgame. I believe the writers when they said their would be no husband hunt. Yeah they backtracked but I think that has been in words only and is media play. The same is true imho of the whole as "we don't know who the husband is" talk. All writers map out their stories. Details and specifics are added as things go along, but the basis of where your story begins and ends is thought of in advance. I call bull every time they say such things. They may have two endings thoughtout and things sometimes change, but to say, you the writer don't know your own story just ain't so. The team still need viewers to tune in and there still is plenty of story to tell about the road to " I do". I tune out half the media stuff and just let the story do the talking.

I'm not worried about Deok Sun's scenes with other characters. I actually enjoy watching her enjoy Taek's company and have fun and laughter with him. That's fine, they're friends and she does the same with the other three boys. Those scenes lack the same emotional beat of romance we get with her and Junghwan (compare the D/T movie "date" with the D/J TV scene or the D/T "buy you the gloves" with D/J after McDonald's talk). It's all a process of the story as a whole so I ain't even worried. Like t said you got to look at the mood of a scene and feelings trying to be brought forth. The music being played, the narration, the filing technique (I geek over these things). Look at the hazy dream like soft focus of the bus scene. I got feels remembering sitting next my crush in middle school and sweating bullets at his hand so close to mine. The way the "think" scene was filmed . Intercutting of Deok Sun asking Junghwa if he was her secret Santa...how many of us thought she was going to ask if he liked her? How they shot that face grab, that only lead to face smush (who they kidding with the big eyes and puck. Who here read the mood and thought he was gonna go in for a kiss? All of it is done on purpose. They are wetting our palates, leading us on, having us crave and anticipate the confession and kiss. There is reason behind it all. Off course viewers will interpret scenes how they choose and ship as they please (exactly what we're doing now). However, I feel the story is pretty straightforward. Without the background noise of media, viewers, theories, recaps forums, personal preference (all of which I do too and love to do), there is much less smoke and screen this time around. The only thing that all ships got going is that we aren't sure how Deok Sun feels. With Najeong it was clear as day. However we were "unsure" of Shiwon's feelings as well and I feel Deok Sun/Junghwan more closely resemble '97 love line and we all know how that worked out.  Also Deok Sun chose Taek's mittens and I just smirked (sort of how Dong Il appa does) and was like "bring it writers."

There is a lot to be said of the two gifts and what it says about the two guys and how they view and listen to Deok Sun. Fist off gloves vs mittens. Mittens are more childlike (after you learn how to properly get your fingers into all the holes as a child parents tend to stop buying them) and don't allow for intimate finger locked hand holding. Gloves to me were always adult/big kids and well you can hold hands and lock fingers. Also it's interesting that Deok Sun went into great detail of the exact gloves that she wanted and Taek who was all adorable heart eyes smiles still got it wrong as he got her mittens and not gloves. Meanwhile Junghwan is given a passing remark about the color pink, and he knows they have to be angora (LMH was knitting herself a pair so he didn't just copy hers)). That attention Deok Sun craves (to be someone's number one and priority and not the middle neglect) is what Junghwan is doing. It's not nothing that Taek understandably falls asleep on dates or neglected to check and see her name as secret Santa. Also Deok Sun pulled Junghwan's name and she got Taek (as she wanted) and was left disappointed until Junghwan's present. With all of this, why be worried about who's filming with who, proven to be misleading previews,and even Instagram pics that may not even be from/about the show? Let the show do the talking. It saves (but sadly also brings) a lot of shipper heart panic and such.

• Like 17

6 hours ago, snowy21 said:

Hi all, countdown to Epi 9 broadcast : left 1 day!!

Tomorrow unable to watch live stream T.T got meeting to attend..

Here's the pic that DS and JH shipper posted in korea forum

cr: dc

to see more : click here

ps: I see a lot of comments 키스해 (kiss) kiseuhae lol!!

omg this is so funny though, the fans there are just as desperate as us! They want them to kiss too! Please kiss this week, omggg!

• Like 4

Hi it’s my first time to comment in this thread.  I am just always reading and enjoying your comments and opinions.  I also ship JH and DS and I also guess that he is the husband.  I first noticed it in episode 1 when she called him a dog and again there is a scene in episode 2 that convinced me more.

On 2/12/2015, 12:09:28, Howlongwillthisfandomlast said:

@hazuki_airin 

Same. This is the first drama where I look beyond the surface(writing+realizing+connecting different hints present and write a theory about it). I like to rewatch my favourite moments(I even put all the DuksunxJunghwan moments uploaded onto official tvn channel into a playlist so if u all want I can even paste the url here and just put onto the first post) but this is the first drama where I watch it twice(and in the same day!). I also wake up early just for subtitles.

I go on soompi+tieba(+netizens opinions blog+dramabeans recaps+tumblr) but still not enough so I even go on DC gallery and click on picture posts. 

I am also the same I am also addicted to this drama.  I don’t know how many times I watched the raw specially the scene between JH and DS while waiting for the subtitle.  Now, I am also repeatedly watching the episodes with subtitles while waiting for new episodes.  I also keep refreshing the Soompi thread on my mobile phone to see whether there are new comments and updates.

On 1/12/2015, 5:26:49, svl93 said:

So I was re-watching episode 7 (now with subs) and I found DeokSun's voiceover at the end (when she's wearing JH's gloves) to be veeeeery revealing.

She says: 

"I was at the age when I no longer believed in Santa,
or felt my heart flutter because of Secret Santa.
I was at an age when a present that was secretly left behind or secretly conveyed gentleness, wasn't enough to fulfill my expectations.
Excitement that would probably escape up to the back of my throat and choke me if I were to try and suppress it.
Embarrassment that would probably make my heart explode If I were to admit to it..."

and then she finalizes her narration with this sentence...

I don't know, perhaps it's just my delusion for shipping them sooooo much <3, but I believe there's something else hidden behind these words. :wub: Any thoughts? 

Anyway my interpretation on the narration that DS said at the end of episode 7 is that the gift and the act of gentleness that she received from from JH were not enough to convince her that he like her.  Maybe because she does not want to be wrong and hurt again.  After all, SW is consistently nice to her but she and her friends are wrong on their interpretation.   Compared to JH that always teasing and fighting with her, so how can she easily believe that he like her for real?  I also think that she is a developing a feeling for JH and very excited on what it means as she expresses in the last part of her narration.

With regards to the scenes between JH & DS, I think they have more scenes together compared to DS scenes with the other guys.  I always see them arguing which proves that they are always affected by each other presence.  And when they are not arguing and having a normal conversation you can feel JH concern towards her.  I also love scenes with Taek because it’s very cute but like the way the other guys treat him, DS also see him as a kid for now.  Scenes between JH and DS when they are on their own are more memorable and swoon worthy. I also noticed in the previous episodes that JH and DS are always sitting side by side.  I just don’t who is initiating it or whether DS is trying to stay as far away as possible from SW.

Its less than 24 hours before the next episode and I hope to see JH reaction when he knows that DS is going to China with Taek.   He does not even know that both of them went to see a movie together because when it was revealed in the previous episode, he was conveniently sent to cook a ramen so we don’t know if he’ll get jealous of Taek.  Hehe.   @lovcom00 I also want to see scenes with DS getting jealous over JH.:)

• Like 7

First time posting on this thread :)

Just wanna share my 1st ever FMV. Guess this series just too awesome XD and I think I feel too bored waiting for tomorrow...^^
Dedicated to my ship, Duk Seon x Jung Hwan from Reply 1988 and all cingus that also ship them ^^
Hope you enjoy it :))

• Like 7

I just notice a skinship moment in ep7.

Looks like the sofa is too small for our OTP:wub:

Junghwan sticking close to Deoksun but some distance with DongRyung and Deoksun shoulders touching Junghwan when she still have some space from the other side.B)

9gQ40TB.png

• Like 11

I was re-watching episode 3 and thinking this.

When Deok Sun introduce her friend to Dong Ryong, Jung Hwan and Sun Woo (after SoBangCHa performance), she say that her celebrity name is Lee Mi Yeon and Jung Hwan annoyed.

If the person that DS like in her diary or before she like Sun Woo is really Jung Hwan, the possibility she said that her celebrity name is Lee Mi Yeon because Jung Hwan loves Lee Mi Yeon so much????? :)

I just thinking about it now, HAHAHA

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, hazuki_airin said:

When Deok Sun introduce her friend to Dong Ryong, Jung Hwan and Sun Woo (after SoBangCHa performance), she say that her celebrity name is Lee Mi Yeon and Jung Hwan annoyed.

And I thought DS shows a lil disappointment after JH said, "Majillae? ..."  or it's just on my delulu mind LOL

• Like 2