[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

If someone is missing the clues since the start its them not us

-so the writers Richard Simmons them by obviously pointing every single clue that pertaining to JH at first to TK in the latter episodes 
-so the writers Richard Simmons them by changing the husband actions from a JH to TK
-so the writers Richard Simmons them by obviously giving the final 2 episode to them in a rush way (nothing to be happy bout that)
-JH time screen sudden drop

JH been dragged down poor JH

• Like 11

They threw everything to the wind and just made taek the husband. All the development of first 10+ episodes went to richard simmons. All the clues, the whole story trajectory, just richard simmons everything. And I'm not even mad, I'm just deeply disappointed. Like I expected better from reply writers! And now, I don't know why I did since they just insulted all the viewers' intelligence. We all can't be blind and delulu shippers. if so many people feel unsatisfied with the ending, then no. You can't pass off it as taek was husband all along richard simmons. Why didn't you develop Tk/ds better if he was the husband? Why was Jh/ds relationship emphasized more and developed more? WHY WHY WHY. This show ended at ep. 18 for me, I'm just going pretend ep 19 and 20 never existed.

• Like 9

So the key really is to ship the guy who breaks his arm HAHAHAHAHAHA. If I were to be a TK-DS shipper, I wouldn't be happy with this show either. I even read posts of TK-DS shippers who didn't watch everything but only read live recaps and they only watched TK scenes. HAHA yes that explains everything.

I felt numb while watching live stream. I did watch it, because I wanted to see how they were going to wrap this up with my own eyes. Now I will move on and act like I never watched this show. What a waste of time.

RJY I feel so sorry for you. I enjoyed this drama thanks to your great acting. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SCENES!!!

@Adwina Oltariani thank you for opening this thread!! @hailaft Thank you for your great FanFic, I will act as if that's the real ending!! I still cannot believe they chose TKs lips over JHs lips. Maybe we would've died from heart attack if JH really got the kiss, because he is so hot and the sexual tension was no joke!!

2qvdv7n.jpg 2qweplk.jpg

Teak looked still like a baby to me in the last ep. I watched a elementary school play haah.

Lastly thank you for all of you who shared the great moments of this drama!! 

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, angeliesa said:

I read that the ending was kinda confusing? Like they didn't show much about JH in the future and even DS-Taek future?! And not exactly clear him being the husband? We don't even get to have an adult version of JH then?! Waaahhh. So not gonna watch it anymore. Wasted so much throwing family issues then focus on Sunbora and totally scrap about the trio? I wouldn't mind and really love the heart warming family stuff here but then they shouldn't. have thrown in our face such an investing AWESOME MAIN LEAD if they don't know what to do with itself anyway. They shouldn't have made the romance arc that complicated and ended bitterly and maintain it just as simple and heartwarming like the family aspect. Sunbora turned out to be more like the lead.

How I wish that the wedding selca posted in Cjes IG was that off Ryu Jun Yeol and Hyeri instead of Sunbora. Gah. Now I can only spam oppa's IG with tons of heartbroken emoticon!</3

looool, thats what i m doing right now,

Big thanks to chingus that gave me his IG acc. @aishakoe@nhaninie

Bye girls.

See you around and dont forget R88 gave us JH one of the best characters in Kdramaland and RJY one of the most promising new faces Yeaaaaahhhh!

• Like 12

Hi All -

This my first time actually posting about any drama. I usually just silently read and enjoy all the comments and screen caps.  Y'all are a great group and I'm glad that I joined this thread.  

Well, that was one long ride and the last episodes were not what we wanted. I'm just grateful for the show introducing us to such a great actor in RJY and such a wonderful character in JH. I came into this show with no expectations and didn't expect to like it due to the "Hyeri" bashing leading up to the preview.  I watched R97 and didn't finish R94.  It seems like I won't finish R88.  Many, many thanks to the recappers and bloggers who make the drama come alive while we wait for subs to come out.   Hugs to everyone for making me smile and giggle and remember what it's like to be young.  Lol - the characters are my peers.  I was born in 1971. 

Some comments about the Reply franchises -

R97 is officially my favorite.  It was short, sweet and simple. Even though there was a husband hunt, I didn't become so attached or emotionally invested and just enjoyed the show.  I rewatch this drama all the time. 

R94.  Hmm I was looking forward to R94 since I enjoyed R97 so much. I watched it until about episode 20.  Even though it was clear that Trash was it, I never warmed up to the character or the actor portraying the character. Thus, I rooted for the other guy and really hoped that the future clues meant he was the one.  We were later informed that we should have only followed the present clues. Ok.  Lesson learned.  Still not a fan of this couple.   I'm only now able to start rewatching the drama.  

R88.   No expectations when I first started watching the show.  Then, unfortunately for me, I fell for JH in episode 1 and have been smitten ever since.  It's fine that he didn't end up with DS. I just wished that his story had an Epilogue to the confession.  Assuming the drama was about the "family" that lived on this street, it would have been nice to give this great character a happy ending. Everyone else had one.   I heart the character of JH and will follow actor RJY. It make take me a while to rewatch this drama,. I'm not sure if I can watch anything with Hyeri or PBG.  No offense to either actor.  I will admit that I do like PBG so may cave in and watch his next drama. 

Looking forward to seeing y'all in another forum, gushing about another actor or character!  

• Like 14

i honestly think that the final wedding scenes of BR-SW is supposed to be for  DS-JH

but with the sudden change of heart with DS hubby, they just decided to make BR-SW the main couple

but that would not change the fact on how they Richard Simmons in this series

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, madametimah said:

CAN ANYONE BE HAPPY WITH THE ENDING EVEN WHEN HE/SHE IS A TK-DS SHIPPER? 

because the ending just doesn't make sense at ALL and very much unfair. idek what the writer was thinking when she wrote the script.

Drunk 

• Like 5

Girls lets think this positively. They left Junghwan without a wife because they want to let us imagine ourselves as his wife :wub:

2 minutes ago, awakening said:

All I want to know now that after this flim, how can we meet each other again to showw our support for RYJ? Is there a thread on soompi for RYJ? or we will continue to post here? If there is, please give me the link.

Here 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!!!! First time posting. I finally understand how ppl who were chilbonged felt:bawling:.   I am not sure if u have all heard of this website wattpad. It is a site where stories by budding authors are written. Imagine my surprise when I saw one of Reply 1988. IT IS ABOUT OUR JUNGHWAN AND DEOKSUN. ITS SO GOOD GUYSSSSS. SO GOOD I JUST WANT TO CRY ABOUT WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN:bawling:. LIKE WHAT IS LIFE ANYMORE. Check the story out! Download the app on your phone and you are good to go. Its written by theswashbucklet and the title is 'The Answer - An Answer Me 1988 Fanfiction. Thank me later hahahahahahhaa. I hope all of u are doing well!!!!  I am still not done ranting to my friends fml. 

• Like 3

Wtf is wrong with u writers. I have no problem w Tk-Ds happy pinky ending, I like the fact JH is not the husband. All I ask frm u is f***ing 10 mins of JH love line. And u gave me what,what!!!!!  seriously answer me bc I have no idea where the hell is our beloved JH in this ep. Is creating a new girl character to appear as JH's last love/destiny that hard writernim ???!!!!??!! 

I used to thank you for giving me such an remarkable emotional meaningful quotes and confessions with the ring being left behind in ep 18 writernim. To me it indirectly points out that during that 5 years being tortured JH somehow had feeling he wouldn't get the girl, but he didn't want to get through the pain so he chose keeping that love. The LMS concert is a push for him, to face his feeling himself. The ring symbols of his love for DS. It was left on the table to state that JH's love for DS has gone, he doesn't need/have it anymore and will move on frm now. U know that feeling, the "you thought it would be painful to let go until you actually let go" [ That's why I don't think JH is sad seeing Tk-Ds 2gether, u guys. Tbh, to me, he's like "I dnt give the f**k, I'm living my life happily now ]

Yes writer nim, I even like the scence that makes almost all ntz throw angs at u n this is how u treat me, ha!!!!!! So ridiculous.

Oh and forget abt reply 1980 or 2002 or any installment,  just make  "Reply to me, 1988 Kim Jungpal" with wifey hunting for JH. 

=====

Arghhhh, I seariouly need a drink to be able to swallow this anger

• Like 12

Guest princessprincess

Why did they even film the wedding at the Air Force place by the way?

*If those spoilers circulating in social media were true