[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Hi, it's me again... I've been silently lurking since the last time I left a post here, and it's 230 pages already! :D

my personal opinion, as a casual drama viewer, I don't rely much at clues, even though reading all the clues or hints are mind blowing sometimes lol. but then, if we're going to rely so much on clues, then our dorongnyong is a strong contender as husband as well, seeing how deoksun interact with him. she hit him, she bite his hand just like how the future deoksun did to the husband, and he has this extremely sensitive ears so he knows everything lol. 

what I'm trying to say is, I'm rooting for Junghwan with the same reason I'm rooting for Yunje and Sseu oppa, because the writers make me root for them. I start watching reply series not because there's actor I like or whatever, I'm just a drama fan, I like watching good dramas. And watching the next installment cause of the loyalty, cause I like reply 97 and 94, and later become a fan of the actors cause of this series too. And this time, I'm crazy for Junyeol cause he's such a good actor (and handsome >_<) . I remember read some translate tweet from dongryong's father interview, compliment him by saying that Junyeol's expression is an art, and how a wonderful young actor he is.

and about chemistry, are the person who said JHxDS has no chemistry is serious? lol. Their chemistry is strong, well at least for me, and all of us here :D. people on the netizenbuzz also think the same, if I'm not mistaken, people there saying that their chemistry is fire, they haven't even kiss yet, lol.

Edited by Ra_Yeosa
  • Like 14

21 hours ago, einYoshiChan said:

then,what the heck is this ??!! this not a memories ?? 

just because JH don't have any "beach scene" as TK,doesn't mean that he don't have any memories with DS..For me DSxJH memory is more precious that DS and TK

Hahahahaha I cracked up reading your last sentence.. Really.. One beach scene makes them forget, umbrella scene, bus scene, alley scene, meow scene, Mcdonalds scene, after concert scene, ds joking with papa kim to make jh smile scene, especially hajima sogaeting scene and many other scenes.. 

They're really entertain me so much. Hahahaha... 

14 hours ago, debieg said:

@papulichan but you're planning to buy one?

I ordered one two my country and one to another country. If it goes well for both orders, I will recommend the seller. 10x10 official store can't accept payment with international Credit card, only Korean Card accepted :( that's why I ordered to third party.

--------------------------------

Actually after the epi 16 last week and see how people turn over to sympathizing Taek, I got really annoyed, because he cried when he decided to back off but jh didn't. I mean who doesn't love taek's character, he's sweet, cute and fragile sometimes (maybe because of the gang spoiled him so much), but it doesn't justify that his hurt is bigger than Junghwan just bec he cried and JH didn't.. I rant all my heart content to a friend who doesn't even join soompi and she said second lead male always having this syndrome, to be sympathized near the end. That's calm me a bit. Well.. I love taek, but the double standard given by viewers and when shippers  overlook my Junghwan's pain for 6episodes was hurt me and ridiculously unacceptable. 

I am clearly remember in epi 2, 2015 Husband asking DS, to whom she gave her chocolate to, which DS answered unconvincingly "I gave it to you" and her hubby replied furiously "waenyeol, Do you want to die(jugulae), I didn't get it" Of all lines or script should the writer choose that line? I wonder how will the writer make gentle Taek to say that kind of sentence over 4episode. If it really happens I hope she make it really convincing. Cham. 

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

I have been daydreaming about uri couple's kiss scene these days and what the BGM would be when they kiss :wub: I was thinking Lee Moon Se's A Little Girl would suit the mood/atmosphere. My excitement is over the moon!

YES!!! It will be romantic and then they split it with Oh Hyuk - A Little Girl too :D

BTW, I think this week I really dream about uri couple every night LOL. I cant calm my self :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, HwanSunny said:

YES!!! It will be romantic and then they split it with Oh Hyuk - A Little Girl too :D

BTW, I think this week I really dream about uri couple every night LOL. I cant calm my self :sweatingbullets:

Same here!!! I felt like crying while walking at the mall yesterday because my mind was filled with thoughts of Deoksun and Junghwan while listening to Reply 1988 songs (it triggered the whole thing tbh)

• Like 6

Hi guys! A little update: they just finished episode 7 right now in live stream... ahhhh I really love ep7 especially the gloves scene

Pink really suits uri DS! :wub: I especially loved JH for picking the pink gloves, imagine him choosing and contemplating about the gift hehehe 

Somehow I'm jealous bec the gloves he gave really looks nice! 

Oh do you guys know what time the special for the bts and NG will air? Thank you! 

• Like 8

Guest wizengamot

So i've back read through our thread and see some main thread complaints. I'm not really sure what happened but i went to the main thread just now and scan 3 pages and so far it is quite tolerable (though i think if i get to read more previous pages, my blood pressure will rise lol). Anyway while reading, i think the reason i'm this calm is because some TK-DS shippers are now open that JH is the husband and I think the reason they're still in the ship is not because they believe TK is the husband but because they've come this far and there is no turning back. But what's important to me now is the recognition of JH as the husband by all ships. 

As for what i've read here that some of them call JH-DS chemistry as bland or other things that attacks JH character, well i think that kind of comment does not describe the actors or their capability but describes the commenters and their narrow mind. 

I have listed all JH-DS and TK-DS moment from ep 1-16 and i'm ready to answer back some comments in the main thread but somehow i feel like explaining to them has become tiresome and futile so i'm just gonna let it pass.

(But don't trust my calm state now lol haha, you know how i always say i'm not mad or to brush it off  only to go charging the next minute. Plus i'm only using my phone so i'm not in the mood. We'll see once i get my hands on a desktop later)

26 minutes ago, tituyphing said:

@dairymilks I wish we get the kiss soon too. 

I choose Everyday with You as the bgm of kissing scene. Less sad compare to Little Girl. :) and the poster of the original OST is also our couple. 

That song would also do!!!

In the Reply series I noticed the main couple usually has a theme song of their own, and its usually an oldie. Yoon Jae and Shi Won's theme song is Confession by Deli Spice and Nareki from 1994's is To You by Seo Taiji and the Boys. For JH and DS, I think Town by Kim Hyun-chul is their theme song. Girl by Lee Moon-se or Everyday With You by Dulgukhwa are also potential theme songs for the two of them. Though I think Town suits their love story best because it talks about a man who fell in love with a girl in his neighborhood.

An excerpt of the lyrics which I took from castingbees.tumblr.com's subtitles for episode 12 since I couldn't find any english translation for the song:

The first rainfall of the year in my neighborhood

On every street that I walk along

Oh,  those people who've trusted me and who I will have to trust

Those people

And also for me, 

I can never forget that place where I've met that one girl

The two of us, without any words

Untiringly, we wandered around all day long

During the twenty years that's not short

Where my precious memories are hidden

• Like 18

Guest wizengamot

i've noticed something guys after rewatching.

Remember how the "alley scene" happened on the last part of episode 3 and we saw JH got awkward with skinship when DS used him as a human shield. Well, I think JH is not the only one whose eyes had opened or at least the only one who got awkward.

If we go back to their first scene together on ep 4 (after the alley scene), look at this awkward atmosphere here which they tried to mask by bickering and calling each other stupid

pixlr_20160102141624919_zpsibkjukic.jpg

Also, in this scene of ep 7 when they were watching the singing contest award and they were betting who's gonna win

JH: It's definitely #1

SW: Are you Beethoven or something? You actually remembered their song?

JH: Yeah, I think she was pretty (lol!!!)

DS: (looks at JH) Geez (like saying we're watching a singing contest and you check out their looks, aigoo)

JH: What?

pixlr_20160102141831147_zpsqkd5b6cq.jpg

Oh no.. I just watch the promotion clip for bts that is going to air later... The feeling is so strong that they are going to broadcast the ones that we have already watched on youtube.

no-way-gif-gifs.gif?gs=a

Someone please prove me wrong T.T

• Like 6

Guest wizengamot

i am doing some back reading in the main thread and a particular comment caught my attention. someone said that when DS said (ep 16) that "nothing is working out these days for her" they said that she was disappointed because TK cancelled the movie and DS was sad because she likes TK but i think that's not it or not solely the reason. maybe DS was sad that the movie date didn't happen (let's just say that) but when TK cancelled it, she doesn't look 'that' sad, i was replaying that scene thinking if DS would betray any emotion and show sadness like the sadness that was shown in her face when JH said he won't go to the Lee Moon Sae concert, but i don't see any of that.

I think what DS meant that time was about her studies, we've seen in previous episodes how she was worrying about her studies and finally on ep 16 we see her cry to her mom, cry on the stairs, desperately try to learn by asking help from her seatmate, and being depressed that even Ja Hyun knows what she wants in life (be a hairdresser) while she (DS) doesn't know what she wants to be.

And when the boys ask him what she's doing in the study room she got all sensitive as to why? can't she study here too? instead of complaining that her movie date with TK was cancelled. Because if that was really what she's thinking or reason for being sad then that would be the thing she would blurt out. Plus, for someone who doesn't want to go to the movie date in the first place, why would she be so much disappointed?

Reply%201988%2016_196496_zpsojdzwjyn.jpg

After rewatching R88 episodes, surely there's so much things that we've missed. For this series, I promise my self not to overlook or overthinking some clues from props and more focus on stories. But I really love to read about color theory from you guys! KAEP! So, when I re-watched the episodes, I try more focus to their facial expression, their situation, and surroundings. Just like @wizengamot posted, I already notice their awkwardness and makes me belief DS has a feeling for JH, even just a little. In ep. 7 when they're watching music shows, JH is really wants attention from her by poking her head & pulling her hair! LOL. even JH get closer beside her when she's dancing.. Aww.. uri JH, he prefer to act than speak.

Do you think there will be resolution of this triangle before time jump? in R97, YJ confess first. In R94, NJ & Oppa already in a relationship but separated. Which path R88 is going? I think there will be no confession.. they're just separated and kiss scene will happen in 94

• Like 11

Guest wizengamot

i can't really tell what will happen on the last 4 because even the trolling previews are not out hahahaha!!!

i've already written all the JH-DS and TK-DS interactions on ep 1-16, i'm only waiting my inner self to be pissed and explode lol!!! so i can unleash them hahahahaha!!! (vengeful soul sometimes i am)