[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I'm really curious what the writer has to say about the slow pacing of the plot lines once the series ends.  We having been watching essentially 24 normal drama episodes and are practically at the zero mark.  Also, is it intentional that the episodes are running at 2 hours (almost) or does PD Shin really have no time to edit anything out?  

At the moment I don't know if it's better for both boys to confess or for DS to just confront the guy that she likes and who cares about the other hurting party.  JH barely speaks ever since episode 10 and just stares with sad eyes.  I swear how does his friends not notice this?  

I was hoping for more scenes of JH/DS once they start dating but at this point we'll be lucky if we get a full episode of it.  It might just be a confirmation scene and then a fast forward to the future. 

• Like 3

Guys I made a new fmv of uri OTP :). Hope it'll help you guys to kill some time waiting for the new episodes :)

Oh, btw. For those who haven't read lelee post about analysis and poem about JH on the main thread. You guys really should. It's beautiful, even my eyes got teary :tears: Oh my God, I should really keep reminding my self that this is just a show... but but but...oh well...

• Like 20

Dramabeans recaps for ep 16 have been bombarded with Taek shipper. Poor Taek. Taek loves Junghwan, but why some his fans hate Junghwan? There's a comment that really got in my nerves, that person replied to someone who rooted for Junghwan and called him sissy and a loser. That person stated "I don´t route for Jung-Hwan. Not because I would prefer Taek, but because JH is turning out kind of a sissy. I refrain from saying a loser, but it has really come close to that. Not yet, but close. enough is enough. He should at least talk to Taek, talk it through, open up about it and just come clean and say, this is the deal, what are we supposed to do? but no. why lay your hopes on someone who just sits around and stares at the wall". I bet this person is an elementary kid with no manner.

I am thankful dramabeans recapper is as neutral as she is to this drama. I laughed reading her comment about Taek and Junghwan "I should’ve known that Taek and Jung-hwan would choose to protect the other in exactly the same infuriating way. Can you just choose each other and be done with it? I don’t think anyone would be mad if you guys just loved each other and left the girl out of it. At this point it’s the stronger loveline anyway. Just sayin’. In all seriousness though, the bromance is really the thing getting more narrative oomph this season, because this love triangle has a lot more to do with how much Taek and Jung-hwan love each other (and I do mean platonically, unless you’re writing fanfic), and less to do with Deok-sun" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :D 

After I rewatched the episode, I realized I was too focused on the slow burning love line of the main lead that I failed to enjoy the full episode while doing live streaming. Most kdramas focused on their love line that the main lead got the most screen times, while supporting actors just act like they supposed to be with less screen times. Reply'88 is kinda new where all the characters have their own arc to tell. Romance lover viewers really need to adapt with this unless they want to be burned with frustation.

The Ssamundong Girls Generation trio gave a very good laughing hahahaha :D:D:D . I replayed this scene so many times. Now Ssamundong Cheetah has become officially Junghwan's mom nickname. Deoksun's Dad jinx prophecy about investing in Samsung :D , I hope Taek's Dad won't follow his suggestion to invest his money in the bank instead.

I must praise both Ryu Jun Yeol and Park Bogum silent acting. They delivered it so good that a lot of people (me included) often forgot to realize that Junghwan and Taek are fake characters and they only exist inside Reply'88 scriptwriter head :P. It hurt my heart so bad seeing how Junghwan could still laugh at Sunwoo's joke, then his smile disappeared once he turned his head :tears:. Taek has become observant since he noticed Junghwan's loving eyes toward Deoksun, yet it didn't make him step back yet for pursuing Deoksun that he still asked her for a movie date after. At this moment, he still held his competitive streak. Dongryeong was right about Taek that he rather died than be the second place. But once he discovered Junghwan and Deoksun's photo in his wallet, he stepped back from the game which is never happened before. I agree with Girlfriday in dramabeand that boy teenagers tend to put friendship first before love. What a beautiful friendship they have. At this rate, I won't protest if they end up together and Deoksun can move on by herself to pursue her own happiness. 

For the next episode, if the story hasn't reached the time jump yet, I sincerely hope Junghwan woold talk to Taek heart to heart and be honest. I want him to confirm why Taek canceled his movie date and ask Taek if he opened his wallet. I want to know after they talk and be honest to each other about their feeling, which one of them who decide to move on and date many girls :D:D:D:D.

I feel disappointed with Sunwoo and Dongryeong for not realizing Junghwan's change of behavior. Especially Sunwoo, I thought in the first and second episodes, Sunwoo and Junghwan's friendship is the closest, but I think I am wrong this time. I never expected that the words "you can always tell when someone likes someone by their eyes, because eyes don’t lie" came out from his mouth because how could he not notice Deoksun's feeling when she had a crush on him. Only someone with thick face that doesn't notice Deoksun's full of love eyes toward Sunwoo. Geez...

• Like 16

does anyone know how is DS's expression when TK said there's someone he likes ?  the scene showing us that TK's observing onto DS's eyes and i think he's trying to find out how is DS's feel. do you guys here know what kind of expression of DS is? :) do you think DS likes TK or just assume TK as her good friend ?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, luffypyon said:

Dramabeans recaps for ep 16 have been bombarded with Taek shipper. Poor Taek. Taek loves Junghwan, but why his fans hate him. There's a comment that really got in my nerves, that person replied to someone who rooted for Junghwan with "I don´t route for Jung-Hwan. Not because I would prefer Taek, but because JH is turning out kind of a sissy. I refrain from saying a loser, but it has really come close to that. Not yet, but close. enough is enough. He should at least talk to Taek, talk it through, open up about it and just come clean and say, this is the deal, what are we supposed to do? but no. why lay your hopes on someone who just sits around and stares at the wall". I bet this person is an elementary kid with no manner.

I am thankful dramabeans recapper is as neutral as she is to this drama. I laughed reading her comment about Taek and Junghwan "I should’ve known that Taek and Jung-hwan would choose to protect the other in exactly the same infuriating way. Can you just choose each other and be done with it? I don’t think anyone would be mad if you guys just loved each other and left the girl out of it. At this point it’s the stronger loveline anyway. Just sayin’. In all seriousness though, the bromance is really the thing getting more narrative oomph this season, because this love triangle has a lot more to do with how much Taek and Jung-hwan love each other (and I do mean platonically, unless you’re writing fanfic), and less to do with Deok-sun" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :D 

After I rewatched the episode, I realized I was too focused on the slow burning love line of the main lead that I failed to enjoy the full episode while doing live streaming. Most kdramas focused on their love line that the main lead got the most screen times, while supporting actors just act like they supposed to be with less screen times. Reply'88 is kinda new where all the characters have their own arc to tell. Romance lover viewers really need to adapt with this unless they want to be burned with frustation.

The Ssamundong Girls Generation trio gave a very good laughing hahahaha :D:D:D . I replayed this chene so many times. Now Ssamundong Cheetah has become officially Junghwan's mom nickname. Deoksun's Dad jinx prophecy about investing in Samsung :D , I hope Taek's Dad won't follow his suggestion to invest his money in the bank instead.

I must praise both Ryu Jun Yeol and Park Bogum silent acting. They delivered it so good that a lot of people got delulu (me included) and often forgot to realize that these Junghwan and Taek are fake characters and they only exist inside Reply'88 scriptwriter head :P. It hurt my heart so bad seeing how Junghwan could still laugh at Sunwoo's joke, then his smile disappeared once he turned his head :tears:. Taek has become observant since he noticed Junghwan's loving eyes toward Deoksun, yet it didn't make him step back yet for pursuing Deoksun that he still asked her for a movie date after. At this moment, he still held his competitive streak. Dongryeong was right about Taek that he rather died than be the second place. But once he discovered Junghwan and Deoksun's photo in his wallet, he stepped back from the game which is never happened before. I agree with Girlfriday in dramabeand that boy teenagers tend to put friendship first before love. What a beautiful friendship they have. At this rate, I won't protest if they end up together and Deoksun can move on by herself to pursue her own happiness. 

For the next episode, if the story hasn't reached the time jump yet, I sincerely hope Junghwan woold talk to Taek heart to heart and be honest. I want him to confirm why Taek canceled his movie date and ask Taek if he opened his wallet. I want to know after they talk and be honest to each other about their feeling, which one of them who decide to move on and date many girls :D:D:D:D.

I feel disappointed with Sunwoo and Dongryeong for not realizing Junghwan's change of behavior. Especially Sunwoo, I thought in the first and second episodes, Sunwoo and Junghwan's friendship is the closest, but I think I am wrong this time. I never expected that the words "you can always tell when someone likes someone by their eyes, because eyes don’t lie" came out from his mouth because how could he not notice Deoksun's feeling when she had a crush on him. Only someone with thick face that doesn't notice Deoksun's full of love eyes toward Sunwoo. Geez...

See, I have major issue with DB saying that and I don't agree.  I don't think it's just about JH/TK (not sure if people are seriously shipping them now....)  People don't consider that DS has anything to do with their actions, but that they are simply giving up for each other. I don't agree.  It's not really just that.  It's also really about DS and her place in the squad, along with the fact the two are friends. DS is also their friend and is included in the friendship before romance aspect of what JH/TK are doing now.  Having two of her friends fight over her in such a way would not only ruin their friendship, but it would make it very awkward for everyone.  It would also really put DS in a difficult position and make the other two guys have to pick sides.  It would simply ruin what they had.  Both backing out is not just because they care about each other, but because they care about all of their friends - including DS.  

She barely has any agency in this drama concerning the love triangle, but it bothers me that people downplay her friendship with JH and TK as well.  So, really this is a friendship issue at its heart, and that also includes DS.  It really isn't  just about TK/JH's affection for each other, but about how they both feel about the squad as a whole. When I think of it this way I can totally understand why TK/JH act like they do.  JH did the same thing for SW as well.  There is so much at stake and it's hard to risk everything when they aren't sure of her feelings. 

• Like 11

Hi guys people posted from facebook saying korean netizens saw JH and DS kiss in airport.. but I don't know how true it is..

If it is true.. either DS or JH might be leaving korea.. to further their studies?

I read from chinese forum R1988 here's the link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4236307943

Edit: DC korean fans say that the news is fake ! T.T well I knew it.. although I was overjoyed when I read this news.. sigh.. sorry people didn't mean to hold your hopes high.. just take with a grain of salt.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Yuniarr YuniarV said:

does anyone know how is DS's expression when TK said there's someone he likes ?  the scene showing us that TK's observing onto DS's eyes and i think he's trying to find out how is DS's feel. do you guys here know what kind of expression of DS is? :) do you think DS likes TK or just assume TK as her good friend ?

Did you mean in ep 14?

tumblr_o00fppb5oV1sppmuyo1_540.jpgtumblr_o00fppb5oV1sppmuyo2_540.jpg

tumblr_o00fppb5oV1sppmuyo3_540.jpgtumblr_o00fppb5oV1sppmuyo4_540.jpg

tumblr_o00fppb5oV1sppmuyo5_540.jpg

In my opinion, it's a curiosity, by seeing how her eyes slightly become bigger and she opened her mouth in surprise. But I think it can't be compared to her expression with Junghwan and Sunwoo because she thought they had feeling for her, while to Taek, Deoksun doesn't know his feeling yet. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, melissala said:

See, I have major issue with DB saying that and I don't agree.  I don't think it's just about JH/TK (not sure if people are seriously shipping them now....)  People don't consider that DS has anything to do with their actions, but that they are simply giving up for each other. I don't agree.  It's not really just that.  It's also really about DS and her place in the squad, along with the fact the two are friends. DS is also their friend and is included in the friendship before romance aspect of what JH/TK are doing now.  Having two of her friends fight over her in such a way would not only ruin their friendship, but it would make it very awkward for everyone.  It would also really put DS in a difficult position and make the other two guys have to pick sides.  It would simply ruin what they had.  Both backing out is not just because they care about each other, but because they care about all of their friends - including DS.  

She barely has any agency in this drama concerning the love triangle, but it bothers me that people downplay her friendship with JH and TK as well.  So, really this is a friendship issue at its heart, and that also includes DS.  It really isn't  just about TK/JH's affection for each other, but about how they both feel about the squad as a whole. When I think of it this way I can totally understand why TK/JH act like they do.  JH did the same thing for SW as well.  There is so much at stake and it's hard to risk everything when they aren't sure of her feelings. 

Yes, as the only girl in the squad. As much as they treasure Taek, they must be treasure Deoksun in different way. They put some fights behind their friendship. Like how Deoksun mad with Sunwoo and Junghwan but still come and talk in their group meeting routines. Like how she hesitated at first to confirm Junghwan's feeling because it might turn to be weird. I believe deep in Deoksun's heart, she likes her fighting/quarrel dynamic with Junghwan. It would be nice, if Deoksun know both their feeling too, at least when they turn into adults (but I prefer soon). 

• Like 7

Guest nchoerunnisa
4 hours ago, melissala said:

The only thing I can fault her for not doing is questioning JH's question to her about telling her to think.  She should bring that up to him again and question him about his actions before and after.  But on the other hand,  with how he's acting towards her I can see why she doesn't.  It's just not reasonable to expect her to do so right now. I doubt she has that much self esteem or is that much of a glutton for punishment.  Sure, what matters if her feelings, but  why is she the one who has to talk all the risk?  They can sit back and give up so she has to go to them.  

But she's either going to have to get really angry at him and let it out or some other big event would have to happen for her to move.  But she also has other concerns in her life.  I don't think her feelings for JH have changed, but I feel in the end she'll make the move and slam the door in both of the guy's faces, instead of letting either one in and fully into her heart. Well, for now.   I swear if she confesses and JH turns her down I am DOOONE with this show. 

Oh... I'm so agree with you...
And Ameeeen for the highlighted part.... I'm so frustrated with these two adorable pabo that I really want to see them to get punished. I start imagining about 1000 different punishment scenarios for them. My favorite one:

After 1000 years JH and TK FINALLY manage to gather up their courage to talk about their feeling for  DS. They agree to let DS decides for herself.

JH: "DS-ah... we want to talk to you about something"
TK: "Yeah DS-ah... can we talk for a minute?"
DS: "Sure... what's up?"
JH: "So... we both have loved you for 1000 years."
TK: "Yeah and we want to know how do you feel about us?"
JH: "Do you happen to like one of us?"
TK: "Whom will you choose between us?"
DS: "Urrrmmm... guys..."
Random namja (he suddenly appears and talks to DS): "DS-ah! Let's go... we're almost late"
DS: "Okay... arasoo oppa..."
JH & TK: "??????!!!!!!!!!!"
Random namja: "Ummm... Who are they DS-ah?"
DS: "Umm... Oppa... This is JH and this is TK... uri chingu...
        and JH & TK... this is my namja chingu (played by Ji Soo)... Go Bok Dong/ Seo Ha Joon (I haven't decided between these two names)"
BD/HJ: "Oh... Hi! Nice to meet you :)"
JH & TK: "!&^@%@&%!&@%^%$%#%#%$#$@$^*&*&^"
BD/JH: *confused*
DS: "Ummm... I'm sorry guys... But we must go... See you later... Let's go Oppa... The movie is about to start"
JH & TK: "^$%#^#%#^%$#%^$^#*^*%&^%&^%"

As usual... uri BGM starts to play
nae gyeoteman...
...meomulleoyo...
...tteonamyeon...
...andwaeyo...

Puaaahahha... Take that!!!!

I'm sorry I still love uri JH & TK and I understand their position... blame my PMS mode...

30 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Hi guys people posted from facebook saying korean netizens saw JH and DS kiss in airport.. but I don't know how true it is..

If it is true.. either DS or JH might be leaving korea.. to further their studies?

I read from chinese forum R1988 here's the link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4236307943

Wait...wait... as #teamlowexpectation, my motto is "NO PIC MEAN HOAX". Butif there's kiss scene in airport really exist, does that mean Junghwan will go to Harvard? then...does that mean Deoksun solved the missunderstanding about "The pink shirt incident"? Or...Taek told Deoksun about Junghwan? I need a very long breath now :dizzy:

EDITSo it's fake. Sigh... I feel relief it's clarified fast LOL :D 

• Like 3

Guest wizengamot

Reply 1988 finalizes its main pairing

At the recent episode of the third installment of the Reply series, the show concludes its main pairing as Sung Deok Sun (Girl's Day Hyeri) and Kim Jung Hwan (Ryu Jun Yeol). This show is known for (obvious) husband-hunting and at present, the show has Jung Hwan and baduk genius Choi Taek (Park Bo Gum) as husband candidates. The show continuously build up Jung Hwan's growing love for childhood friend Deok Sun, only to reveal belatedly on episode 7 that Taek is actually the husband contender and not Kim Sun Woo (Goo Kyung Po). 

Succeeding episodes continuously showcases Jung Hwan's developing affection for Deok Sun. The girl finally catches up with Jung Hwan's feelings and has continuously pursued him from ep. 11-13 despite being ignored by the latter. Apparently, Taek confessed to the boys that he likes Deok Sun as a woman and Jung Hwan is giving up on the girl in the name of friendship. However, we fail to see movements nor confession from Taek since his announcement to the boys on ep 10, and finally at the latest episode of the series (episode 16, Dec. 26, Saturday), Taek gives up even his confession altogether, leaving the viewer with clear facts: That Jung Hwan likes Deok Sun and Deok Sun likes Jung Hwan and the husband contender, Taek in surrender. Thus, the show finalizes (though indirectly announce) their main pairing.

Meanwhile, there would be delay of broadcast for the next episodes, which will resume on January 8, 2016. TvN decided to give special episodes of NGs and full BTS coverage during the delay.

so... what do you think guys about the news item I HAVE WRITTEN HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! < ---- highlight to read

1 minute ago, luffypyon said:

Wait...wait... as #teamlowexpectation, my motto is "NO PIC MEAN HOAX". But....but...but... if there's kiss scene in airport really exist, does that mean Junghwan will go to Harvard? then...then... does that mean Deoksun solved the missunderstanding about "The pink shirt incident"? Or...or...or... Taek told Deoksun about Junghwan? I need a very long breath now :dizzy:

Sorry I might cut your breath..yea they said the news is fake.. so hmm just take it as fanfic and construct our own story for DS-JH. :sweatingbullets: I don't know why would people post that news perhaps the fans just want to cheer us up.. or it could be their imaginations..

• Like 5

@luffypyon Yeah, I agree.  On Dramabeans I just got a little tired of hearing the DS who??? comments as if she doesn't matter to them.  DS has a really special place in the group as the only girl and as their friend.  JH and TK aren't giving her up lightly, but for bigger reasons than just bromance between the two, but because the lifelong bonds of friendship between all of them. 

JH would do that for any of his friends.  When he stepped back for SW and DS, he wasn't just stepping back for SW, but because DS "liked" SW as well. He wasn't going to mess that up for them.  Anyway, the maturity and selflessness both guys show is amazing, and as much as I get mad at them, I can't stay mad for long since I totally get why they act like they do.  I do think in the end it's alll up to DS.  She's going to have to be the one to tell them what's up. 

And she loves the fighting dynamic she has with JH (and DR to an extent).  If she didn't she wouldn't stick around them.  

• Like 11

Guest wizengamot

i was listening to random song before and this fave old song played: Maybe this time - David Pomeranz

i think it really fits the time skip, when after years avoiding each other, they'll accidentally meet ala Reply 1997 and the world freeze and this song played (though i doubt they will play this since i've tried researching when did this song was released and couldn't find an actual year so here's hoping that this song was released around 1994)

Two old friends meet again
Wearing older faces
And talk about the places they've been

Two old sweethearts who fell apart
Somewhere long ago
How are they to know
Someday they'd meet again
And have a need for more
Than reminiscin'

Maybe this time
It'll be loving they'll find
Maybe now they can be more
Than just friends
She's back in his life
And it feels so right
Maybe this time, love won't end

Yeah...

It's the same old feeling back again
It's the one that they had way when
They were too young to know
When love is real

But somehow, some things never change
And even time hasn't cooled the flame
It's burning even brighter
Than it did before
It got another chance
And if they take it

Maybe this time
Than just friends
She's back in his life
And it feels so right
Maybe this time, love won't end

She's smiling like she used
To smile way back then
She's feeling like she used
To feel way back when
They tried, but something kept them
Waiting for this magic moment...

Oh...

Maybe this time
Than just friends, oh...
She's back in his life
And it feels so right
Maybe this time
Maybe this time
Maybe this time...

Love won't end...

this song seriously scream of JH and DS. someone better make a time skip MV of them