[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

@Vy Ho, they definitely need to mend this friendship since their milking their angst too much. At this point in DS's life, I think she just needs to love herself and improve herself. She still doesn't really know what she wants to do with the future. She can't be thinking about boys right now. 

Sorry, I'm trying to console myself for frustration, too...I guess we're all a little a lot frustrated.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, deokhwan said:

Can someone tell me where i can watch the raw ver for tonight episode? I've look into dramacool, dramanice but it is not uploaded yet 

EP16 RAW

http://ontvkorea.com/?p=100990

here :heart:

edit: damn its 5:30am here and i woke up to watch it raw. Should i even bother or go back to sleep?

edit 2: link fixed (sorry)

• Like 3

Guest wizengamot

*sigh* is it kind of ironic that our ship, team Jung Hwan is sad that TK didn't confess? 

come one guys, don;t tell me you all gonna sulk for the remaining 12 days?

@wizengamot Yes, I'm going to sulk for the remaining 12 days because I have a lot of reasons: 

1) No progress at all. 

2) New Year is a little bit lonely. 

3) No new episodes. 

4) I'll be back to work by the time new episodes come by. 

I was banking on something to watch and rewatch over the two week break. But no...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, amyrrhielle said:

@Chizawa95 I guess they want us to be happy about the parallel of JH cancelling and TK cancelling and the difference of DS's reaction. I guess the production team thinks that that's progress.

The production team really like a kind of the progress like that i think.. the progress that make us frustrating lol

• Like 1

I must be going crazy because I'm cackling reading everyone's frustrated reactions right now. I think I'm in denial so I don't even get annoyed anymore and goes straight to crying laughing #TeamNoExpectation 

I must say I'm gonna flip a table if they start ep.17 with a time jump.. meaning nobody actually did anything for years and suffer in silence *groan*

• Like 8

Guest wizengamot

i think i should've really watched reply 1994 before reply 1988. anyway, that's what i thought too yesterday though i was just straining myself to commenting it. well it's just a thought, i think the reason why the staff still hadn;t issued a kiss from our OTP or make them official or officially make TK the second lead is because they don;t want the TK shippers or PBG fans abandoning the series once they realized that he really is not the husband. because as you can see, even though it's kind of obvious, TK shippers or some of PBG fans (i'm his fan but I believe JH is the husband so i said some plus i'm RJY fan now too) will stop watching the show. again just a thought.

wenyeol...the PD-nim and writer-nim always make me frustrated since a month ago. the love of our JH-DS just so sloooow...even snail can walk faster that this story.....:confounded: 4 episode left, and we must wait for two weeks for the next episode. nomo nomo shiro....

• Like 7

Just now, wizengamot said:

i think i should've really watched reply 1994 before reply 1988. anyway, that's what i thought too yesterday though i was just straining myself to commenting it. well it's just a thought, i think the reason why the staff still hadn;t issued a kiss from our OTP or make them official or officially make TK the second lead is because they don;t want the TK shippers or PBG fans abandoning the series once they realized that he really is not the husband. because as you can see, even though it's kind of obvious, TK shippers or some of PBG fans (i'm his fan but I believe JH is the husband so i said some plus i'm RJY fan now too) will stop watching the show. again just a thought.

Yup... that is the actual reason for dragging this "love plot"...... I guess the Reply team does not want to repeat the blunder they did in RE'94.... the series went downhill in the second half..... and then the whole "husband hunt" spiralled in desperation and utter silliness (from the production crew).... by the end of it the audience were seething.... that's why with the popularity of RJY increasing and the strong support for Bogummy from his fans..... I think Pd-nim wants to play safe this time...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, infinitemugendai said:

I must be going crazy because I'm cackling reading everyone's frustrated reactions right now. I think I'm in denial so I don't even get annoyed anymore and goes straight to crying laughing #TeamNoExpectation 

I must say I'm gonna flip a table if they start ep.17 with a time jump.. meaning nobody actually did anything for years and suffer in silence *groan*

I also laughed. I laughed the moment Taek also choose to be considerate at Junghwan. Definitely did not expect this episode to end with that.

• Like 3

@wizengamot I think this is the problem with live filming. The production team starts caring about what the fans have to say. They start to analyse who's watching more, and so they try to please them. This makes the writing so much weaker because they have to please fans of actors. By the way, my husband and I started rewatching R1994 last night. Actually, it's his first time to watch R1994. He says he still likes R 1988's family stories. I wonder how he will react to the frustrating episodes from this week when subs are available on Monday night. 

@papulichan You sure are bringing on a lot of TK-JH gifs and pics today. I would like to join you at #TeamTaekHwan. They're so cute together. 

I wonder how the actors/actresses must feel. They must think it's frustrating, too, when they're given a script and the pace of the story seems off. Or, do they just don't care since they have to act? I think if I were a part of the cast, I would probably feel frustrated and talk to the writer about it. Try to understand where she's going with this roundabout way of telling the story. Or maybe, it's best not to care about the progress of the story at all. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, dinhie said:

If I didn't misheard, when TK gives DS medicine he asked DS to go out with him but DS said she has to study. But Tk insists her and then DS agreed. Perhaps DS sensed something here and become curious since all guys know TK's plan with her. But when Tk called and canceled, DS seems little sad but totally different expression when JH said he couldn't go to the concert. I guess DS just worrying TK if he's too exhausted

Yes.. There is no sign that she felt disappointed when TK canceled.. she's just worrying :)

• Like 3

Aww I think most of you are super duper upset for tonight's episode,we all need group hugs. as there are no development for uri couple and the story has been going slow ..  I was also frustrated whenever I see the DS-JH in the same screen..as they keep holding back trying hard not to express their feelings..aigoo..but I feel that I wasn't feeling peaceful at all while watching the drama which is not good for my health XD

Therefore, I changed my mindset and agree to accept and go with the flow of the story line if ShinPD and Writernim thinks this is the best story that they can give to the viewers.

yup , I would think that by ranting it out, it makes you feel better if you don't feel happy watching the drama. Anyway, I hope all of you would still continue to tune in to R1988 despite all dismay.

Team JungHwan fighting!! Let's pray that the last 4 episodes will be pleasant for all of us, especially uri couple who eventually overcome all hardships and sail the ship together.

• Like 10

Hi @snowy21 no worries, I'll still be there in the next 4 episodes. I was in #TeamNoExpectations, but it was just super frustrating today. 

The only thing I can't accept is the pacing of the writing. I'm a creative writer, and I dabble in screenwriting sometimes...my teachers would scalp me alive if I submitted a project like the R1988 pacing to them. 

• Like 5

Remember that adult Deoksun mentioned that she never expect herself to marry her husband? Maybe their confusing relationship in high school that never become fruitful and Junghwan ended up dating other girls(whom he knew from club) is the reason she never expect it to work when they met again when they become adult.

• Like 10

Guest wizengamot

oh. so an upcoming series is already in line. tsk. i'm really scared now for the quality of the last 4 when it comes to the love line. but to be honest, i think the series is staying true to the "there's no husband hunting" because, it's not like DS is confused of her feelings because he also like TK romantically, and can;t choose a romantic lover between the two." DS likes JH. JH likes DS. i think getting them together is easy, IF they will not make TK suffers big time. i mean, if TK can move on from that or that if his feelings for DS is not as deep as JH then maybe the team can make JH and DS just sort of be together. actually they could have make the love line together in a short episode if there's not much angst. but since they already squeeze as much angst as they can i don;t really know anymore. 

I miss romance from reply 97.. i miss the angst romance though i was broken heart with chilbong in 94...why we dont see that kind of romance in this reply88?

its just too much already, the shin PD and Lee writer nim already makes me trolled too much, making fun of the viewers for past few week. I just asked a progress in love triangle every week? but, i dont get anything until TODAY. And this is ep 16.. i still see a grey future in this drama,where is the time jump...triangle that goes nowhere...i dont know inside the lee writer head, what is she really thinking about?where is the amazing romance like previous reply?is she running out idea?aigoooo, dapdaphae.... uggggghhhhhhh,

not an amazing episode for the last episode before hiatus. I got nothing..nothing... where is my exictment????where are you???i lost it slowly (but i cant give up on this show...i cant.....) okay, RJY,because of you, just because of you i think i can endure this frustration and waiting for 2 weeks that like torture to myself.Once again, my worst prediction really comes true. its better i dont predict anything for now, i am scaring that it might be comes true..huhuhu

• Like 5