[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

30 minutes ago, comesandgoes said:

Hi everyone!! I decided to join because im going to crazy because of this drama. My friends dont watch and i feel lonely:tears: I love everyone's thoughts and when i was read "Yes yes omg thats true woaahh" im thinking like that.I want to write here because i ship DS×JH too!! I rewatch all episodes hahah and my favourite scene "Hajima". I melted when i watched that scene!!!! Actually all DS×JH scenes.. I really love everything about Reply because i remember my first love,my highschool days,my neighbours.. I'm stressed out nowadays and im reading all comments at the school because it makes me happy. Please contuine to share.I love my lovely couple and all of you!! 
Sorry for my bad english too:sweatingbullets:
And OMG IM SO EXCITED HOW I WILL WAIT THE NEW EPISODE!! 

yes,i feel alone too. usually i just read comment in dramabeans or any other website. But this drama isnt enough just read there,so i decided to go to this forum too..read silently, said yes yes yes when have the same thought, feel frustrated when read other ship comment, etc. My favorite was jaljara and hajima..that simple line makes my heart flustered and melted. how many times i replay that scene.

its okay for your bad english:), i have bad english too :crazy:

18 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

1. Wow, I love all the fan made vids! just to comment on the passport date someone in DC forum said that it must be a typo since on the scene where DS was holding her passport we zoomed out to see the calendar on the wall and it says January. you can check out the main thread someone has made a few screenshots. maybe it's really just a minor typo this time. or since it's mentioned before that they filmed some indoor scenes early it could be that the production team miscalculated the timeline?? i'm sure whatever it is, the china trip also happens in january 1989 coz in the china hotel we see the date on the wall as well. 

2. If the theory of everyone sleeping on the floor in the next episode is true, i kinda don't want their first kiss to happen like that! I mean hello, she may have BORA on the other side. seriously! the first kiss should happen in another narrow alley hahahahaha *i wish*

3. Someone mentioned that the title of episode 10 is "MEMORY" but in the entire episode we see no present scene of adult DS and hubby being interviewed. So i think this another smart move from the PD. Like, at this point, we don't know whose memory it was.What if it's actually titled that way because of DS' memory about JH's "don't go" statement he said on the bed?? We see that she recalled that moment on the phone with such a cute smile! It may refer to her memory of finally knowing her feelings and JH's feelings more clearly.. I think not having the present scene in ep 10 is to ensure added mystery and we'll found out later in the end. 

4. about SKINSHIP. idk if it's been mentioned before but TK-DS hold hands like it's no big deal at all. they've done it many times. but, but, we on this ship will have that moment to look forward to. i got this idea from the preview showing us SW touching BR's hand. we never zoomed in on DS holding TK's hand, if anything it's more to show that TK is a lefty (the grandpa playing baduk scene). so I am now looking forward to WHEN DS- JH will HOLD HANDS FOR THE FIRST TIME. And don't forget they have the movie date invite that JH mentioned in front of his house!! Waaaa <3 

5. To comment on Hyeri's V-app with RJY, she actually called both Oppa, since PBG is not the same age but 1 year older than her. But she's closer to PBG maybe because they're about the same age and have seen each other in music bank before? So their chemistry is nothing to worry about because it's off- screen anyway =p And I'd say this with confidence, but Hyeri is equally as comfortable joking around with RJY despite the age, so I anticipate their first kiss knowing they'll pull it off with such a great chemistry!! :D 

agree with all those list.. Yes, i'm waiting their first holding hand, hug, and kiss scene, I believe too if kiss scene happened (or already happened because the shyness of hyeri in her Vapp....ah my delusional comes again) both of them will delivering it well with such a great chemistry too..

@Cat Bishonen chilbong is my favorite character too in reply 94. i usually dont fall for that kind, almost perfect guy but yoo yeon seok makes this character so shinning in my eyes. Chilbong is my favorite but in entire reply series Junghwan is my most favorite character. i cant decribe in words how i adore him so much. he is just my one-of-a-kind guy. i agree with you, if he turned not to be the husband he will be more chilbong than chilbong itself. How well and doesnt lacking anything, JH character was written so far, so it will be more hurt than chilbong story. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Cat Bishonen said:

just scrolled through some old posts in the main thread back when they were still casting for the drama and releasing first poster. wow a lot of people were bashing hyeri saying R88 was gonna fail and stuff, no one knew who RJY was and not a single post talked about him even tho it was obvious that he was gonna be one of the male lead by looking at the poster (or is it just me? he sits right next to hyeri man how can you not think that?) But take a look at the situation now xD i bet the director and writer-nim are laughing and thinking something like 'kekekeke you didn't expect any of this huh' hyeri and RJY are both so famous and loved now i feel happy for them.

didn't really ship any couple in R94 but CB was my fav character so i turned into a sad mess when i got chilbonged. this time tho i ship JHxDS so damn hard and strongly believe JH is the hubby i think i will lost all sanity if thats not case. like someone had said before, JH will be more chilbong than the chilbong itself.

RJY was at a premiere today and omg, look at his popularity! People went crazy for him

• Like 11

I actually kinda expected RJY to be the male lead, like @catbishonen said, his position in the poster (and imo RJY really stands out in the poster). But I was wrong about GKP and I guess most viewers too, thought SW was going to be a part of the main triangle, not BG.

About the chemistry. All the cast have chemistry with each other. I'm not gonna lie I find Taek and Deok-seun adorable too. But the sexual tension special chemistry we're talking about definitely belongs to DS and JH. And I'm not saying this just because I ship them. It was there right from the beginning you can just feel it. 

tvN%20%201988.E10.151205.MEMORY.HDTV.H26

They haven't even kissed yet and you can already feel the electricity. 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, EMM! said:

We gatchuuu guys <3

151208 Ryu Jun Yeol makes an appearance through Hyeri's V-App Broadcast Reply 1988 Episode 2
-----------------------
Video from Girls Day V-App
Translations by Eyes on RYU / eyesonryu.tumblr.com 
Please do not re-upload and don't forget to credit Eyes on Ryu!
Thank you!

Hyeri calls him Ahjussi and i'm just lakjdlakjsdlakjsldka they are so cute T___T

I LOL a lot when RJY said he didn't want to do it with her because she did it with Bogum before. Hyeri looked disappointed hahahahaha :D . She called him ahjushi, then he called her back "Kokodas". Guys, they're not merely bickering in drama but in real life too. And do you notice Hyeri bit her fingers in the end when RJY came close? I convinced myself for not being delusional, but I can see why they get so much chemistry while acting together.

• Like 17

Yes, DS and Taek are cute, but that is about it for me. What bothers me is the way DS treats Taek. She is very motherly with him and I don't think she sees him as a man at all, more like someone who needs to be protected. I think that is probably why she is starting to be interested in JH, because she probably considers him more like an equal. And don't get me wrong, I think Taek is a great and complex character. But the kind of relationship he has with DS... I dunno... I like it a lot but I cannot see it in a romantic way.

In a sense, it is like Reply 1997. I think Reply 1994 got messed up because Chilbongie was too great of a character and he was definitely a man since the beginning. People got confused and totally fell for him as time went on. I used to be a Trash lover but by episode 6 I was crazy about Chilbong!!!

• Like 10

Thanks for posting a lot of our JH and DS videos I love it!!!

for me i dont panic yet about seeing our ship less in screen, I mean it's too early for them let the story of others be known, as long as there a simple interaction of our ship that's makes me flutter in every episode that's fine for me cause I'm guessing that the  last 5 episodes is for them hehehe...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wasted_youth said:

I actually kinda expected RJY to be the male lead, like @catbishonen said, his position in the poster (and imo RJY really stands out in the poster). But I was wrong about GKP and I guess most viewers too, thought SW was going to be a part of the main triangle, not BG.

About the chemistry. All the cast have chemistry with each other. I'm not gonna lie I find Taek and Deok-seun adorable too. But the sexual tension special chemistry we're talking about definitely belongs to DS and JH. And I'm not saying this just because I ship them. It was there right from the beginning you can just feel it. 

tvN%20%201988.E10.151205.MEMORY.HDTV.H26

They haven't even kissed yet and you can already feel the electricity. 

True, at the beginning, chemistry charisma, sex appeal it's all pointing to junghwan... 

The poster at first telling me the love triangle is SW, JH and DS, so since they ended up about SW and as the director said they don't want to make it guessing who's the husband is, it's definitely now JH, I think they just need to build the character of Taek and putting a threat in JH x DS relationship... That's all but don't want to argue with anyone because I love r88 characters no more and less. So happen that I ship these two..

• Like 5

There's something about how different DS interacts with both Taek and JH.  With Taek, DS is comfortable but with JH, she's uneasy.  It's obvious when they were taking pictures together.  In the elevator while waiting for Taek's competition, DS was anxious and constantly grabbing her bag.  Later she was fine as she took a picture with Taek. So different when she was taking a picture with JH.   She couldn't stay still. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

There's something about how different DS interacts with both Taek and JH.  With Taek, DS is comfortable but with JH, she's uneasy.  It's obvious when they were taking pictures together.  In the elevator while waiting for Taek's competition, DS was anxious and constantly grabbing her bag.  Later she was fine as she took a picture with Taek. So different when she was taking a picture with JH.   She couldn't stay still. 

TK and DS always feel comfortable too each other in every their scene alone. This comfortableness thats makes us cant see romantic vibe from them, we just can get a little motherly or sisterly from DS act to TK. But with JH we will see and feels the nervous, uncomfortable, uneasy from DS side. How DS always grabs her bag in photo shoot scene and how she holding his breath when she wanna asked about the blind date question. She always constantly feel like that with JH if in her mind think about JH as a man. But she will feel comfortable again if she think he as her friends like in eating cake scene (that happened after blind date question). She also think about the uncomfortableness between JH and DS if they are dating when their friends comes to her house. She didnt even has this kind of think when she like SW. But this is the 1st thing that out from her mind if JH and DS dating. Usually from being observant in K drama, if long life friends becomes lover, the 1st thing that they are afraid beside how they are sacrifice their friendship but also they afraid to become uncomfortable between each other. (that just my 2 cent think)

• Like 9

What do you guys think about the time jump?

5 years is a long time.  I guess our couple will be separating during that time.  This will be when Junghwan goes dating around and the couple does their own thing.  Now I wonder if they will get together in episode 12 and kiss, but end up breaking up in episode 14.   On the plus side, they are older which means better kisses lol 

• Like 8

haha hyeri's v app with Junyeol is so cute!!! Hyeri's teasing look when she sees someone again, it's the same as when she saw Bogum in the car ^^ and then her cute voice when she said "I'm not Kokudas!"

Oh god, do not remind me of the time Hyeri dated Tony... that was ... a dark time. I had a feeling they released the news that the two broke up because it was right before Tony's scandal about gambling came out... very sad. It's good he said that she seemed more mature when they were speaking .. seems like she's the tpe to talk about dreams and such

Anyway, Junyeol's fans... so many screaming haha he's become so popular now. And he even ran through them with his hands so they could all touch him, so cute!

• Like 10

I guess they're skipping through college like Reply 1997 did.  I think episode 14 will be the moment JH officially confesses and probably Taek too.  DS decides but then we never see her decision cuz they somehow separate.  Maybe some of the families move.  But then again if DC gallery is correct then the triangle will be over by episode 12 which I think we all need to prepare if it ends up not being JH.

• Like 4

I could see why the casts are getting along so well. They are compatible, well at least, zodiac-wise. Hyeri, Gyung Pyo, and Bo Gum are all geminis while JunYeol is a libra. Both gemini and libra have the same element which is air. Air is well known for being very social, lively, and humourus. 

• Like 1

I really hope they don't keep us hanging like that.  From DC it's the middle of episode 12 for a kiss and the end of the triangle and some cute times dating.  I think the winner right now has to be JH for the story to work.  I'm going to be upset if it's not.   I can't imagine DS pity dating Taek for a few episodes then breaking up, or them dating and staying together or JH just bowing out for that much time. It's going to be JH/DS for a few episodes before they separate. But TK and DS will likely spend more time together than anyone during the time skip considering he won't have to do MS/college and she might not go to college. I just know if JH is dating around then it won't end well for them before the time skip. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, einYoshiChan said:

he way HR bit her nail with shy expression when RJY put his arm around her make me wonder did they already film kiss scene??  Because as i know HR very playful with RJY at previous BTS,why she so shy here? Or because its a live apps ? 

Hi 5 !! I was thinking that too, I wondered why she became so shy when Jun Yeol had his hand over her shoulder when he is greeting the viewers. This goes to show our couple kiss scene will happen very soon , lol !!

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, grcevln said:

I could see why the casts are getting along so well. They are compatible, well at least, zodiac-wise. Hyeri, Gyung Pyo, and Bo Gum are all geminis while JunYeol is a libra. Both gemini and libra have the same element which is air. Air is well known for being very social, lively, and humourus. 

Omg, how come I didn't realise he is a Libra the last time I checked? My eyes must be crossed. My sign matches well with Gemini and Libra so I'm always happy to see the guys i like have signs compatible with mine :P 

Sorry, I know this is totally an abrupt off topic post. Couldn't contain my excitement. Back to lurking mode. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

I think the time skip may mean that ds and whoever she is paired with will split before then and then reconnect again when they start to work. Perhaps ds will become an actress and jh will become a photographer and they get to work together? Hahaha yes yes im dreaming here. 

Friday come quick!

• Like 1

I re-watch Episode 10 and notice something.

When the gang in car go to beach, DS seem not upset again to SW. She clearly start to talk again to SW as usual (before she upset by just looking at his face.

It's make me think, she change because she already know JH like her, Or..... because she and JH now already dating?

My delulu :wub:

• Like 8