[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

The person who took the photo is so sneaky haha,

Did some research looks like lotte world opened in July 12 1989....Highly probable that they will show the opening in the upcoming episodes. Hopefully its a date for our couple :D <3 

One question does anyone know many episodes  the production team are far ahead ?

@MrsSoJiSub 

I think the picture that JH took of DS was taken in 1988 not 89...and they did point out that the picture they were talking about was shot in 89....Though I wish we see that photo of DS im sure she looked very pretty....Maybe its hidden in JH room for now kekeke ;) 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

This idea planted it's self in my head last night (even though I think it's far fetched) and it just won't go away so I thought ill share it here. About the picture Deok Sun and her husband are marveling at in ep 9 last week (I enjoy those two's scenes so much, LMH and KJH have spark) I know that picture if revealed will not be of the ones taken in the ep (this team). Now remember at Taek's birthday celebration Junghwan was taking all the pictures. Around the time of that episode some people mentioned that Junghwan had taken a picture of Deok Sun and not Taek. Now around that time it was still early in the show and I didn't think much on it. However, I recently saw a gif set of that scene on tumblr and he did take her picture. When he snaps the picture Taek's back is toward him because Deok Sun is putting the birthday hat on him and she Deok Sun is the one facing him and the camera. 

What if the picture they are marveling at is that one :wub:. I got this far fetched idea stuck in my head because adult Deok Sun says something along the lines of how the husband has liked her since even back then and she was pretty back then. I don't know, it felt like even she was surprised that the feels were there even in that picture and I don't know, some suspected but weren't sure because it was so early. It would be a nice sort of throw back to some fan theories if that's the picture used. I also just find it a hilarious picture to explain to others (as is the one taken in the ep. 

Deok Sun to her all lovey wife and proud: Yeah appa has loved me since then. (To husband) how did you hold back all that time. Their kid looking closer: is that uncle Taek's back? Why is he wearing a hat? *look closet* Wait was that at his birthday!?!?!? (To dad) Appa!?!? Junghwan: gets up and leaves the room without saying a word in the dead pan reaction we been getting from hubby. 

I'd totally love this theory to be true but ... in the end when present Deoksun asks her husband when the picture is from, he replies that it was taken in January of 1989 because the date is at the bottom which is not Taek's birthday ; u;

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, juniper_ said:

I'd totally love this theory to be true but ... in the end when present Deoksun asks her husband when the picture is from, he replies that it was taken in January of 1989 because the date is at the bottom which is not Taek's birthday ; u;

Oh, I thought he only pointed out that date was in the picture, so it will be one of the two pictures. If is that picture I really want the interviewer to ask Deok Sun to explain that expression. 

*resists urge to look at spoliers* 

23 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Oh, I thought he only pointed out that date was in the picture, so it will be one of the two pictures. If is that picture I really want the interviewer to ask Deok Sun to explain that expression. 

*resists urge to look at spoliers* 

I think it's one picture. Even if it was two pictures, when they're talking about the first picture it can't be Taek's birthday of only Deoksun because present Deoksun talks about how much Husband must have liked her then because of his arm around her and his smile in the photo.

And then if there is a second picture, it can't be Taek's birthday because Husband points out the date which is not Taek's birthday either.

Hahaha, sorry to rain on your parade! ; u;

• Like 2

It's so frustrating to see in the drama thread that people keep saying DS likes whoever likes her first. Is it true that the dates were played around and she onky gave SW the chocloate after she thought he liked her? Im so confused and dont havr the time to pour through the episdoes right now :(

• Like 2

Hello everyone  :)

I decided to end my soompi hiatus and stop being a silent lurker because I can´t contain my shipper feelings any longer. I am 100% sure Junghwan is the husband and even if he isn't I don't mind going down with this ship because I survived last time (Team Chilbong T___T) 

Junghwan has my heart since the bus scene and Taek is cute and all but he's just not doing it for me.

Now, I'd like to point out my favorite parts from the 10th episode:

1.- Deoksun waits for Junghwan to ask him about the blind date. This to me stood out because why would she do that? Unless she was really interested in knowing his answer. She could easily forget about it and let it go or go to sleep and ask him any other day but she chose to wait outside in the cold, wearing her PJs, similar to when she waited for Taek because she really wanted her present (the pink gloves). 

2.- Deoksun keeps Junghwan's answer as a secret. Honestly, this reminds me to the belief of making a wish and not telling anybody because it won't come true if you do. It was almost like a treasure moment she wanted to keep to herself. Her shy and happy expression during this scene was a bonus.

3.- The direct answer and Deoksun's behavior. After asking Junghwan about the blind date, Deoksun comes closer and is facing him. Her body language shows her anxiety but more important, it shows her desire of a clear and direct answer. She didn't want another "use your head and think about it" like he said after the meeting in Gangnam, she wanted and expected more than that. The words he could say were the confirmation to know if he likes her or not, and I think Junghwan knew it. This makes his simple "Don't do it" a lot better because he's looking her straight in the eye with confidence in his statement. Please Junghwan, don't lose that confidence!

P.S: I'm sorry for any mistakes I make, english is not my first language ^_^.

• Like 17

50 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

It's so frustrating to see in the drama thread that people keep saying DS likes whoever likes her first. Is it true that the dates were played around and she onky gave SW the chocloate after she thought he liked her? Im so confused and dont havr the time to pour through the episdoes right now :(

I've been ranting about that crap forever. For one, it's one guy not "everyone" so I don't know how they make the judgement that she just falls for whoever is nice to her.   It's so unfair to her.  She's still a young girl who was confused when she heard SW liked her. She "liked" him for awhile, but seriously got over her "like" right after.  She was upset about it being Bora, not about him dating someone else.  She never liked SW in a romantic way.   It's just wishful thinking that she's going to fall in love with Taek now because he likes her.  Her feelings for JH are real and growing so I don't see Taek having a real chance. . 

To answer your question, she did give him chocolate after she thought he liked her and because of her growing crush on him,  but I don't see the big deal. 

• Like 8

okay so I removed my original post.. coz seems like it wasn't hyeri with ryu jun yeol :< or it wasn't a reply shooting <sorry!!>

sorry for keeping your hopes up!!:<

we can endure this!!! haha /prayer circle still/

• Like 2

@mojobobo She gave him the chocolate after finding out he "liked her" (which later we were shown it wasn't the case), I understand the confusion though, but if you re-watch ep 3 at the very beginning when DS is at the Tokkbokki place with her friends, you'll notice the date is August 1988 (when the sobangcha dance's practice started and the idea of SW liking her was first suggested) next scene they are back in October.

It's true that she had a momentary "crush" on SW, but it was so superficial that she got over it the next day she was rejected. She was mad at him because he picked her sister instead (let's not forget she suffers from "Middle child syndrome", so it's natural for her to act childish like this (throwing tantrums, etc). But as I said, her crush was so superficial that her behavior was kind of impulsive and pushing, she even was as carefree as to gossip about him with her friends and even make predictions on "their first kiss" and blabla, however with JH we see a completely different side of DS: she's very cautious and shy, she even kept the results of her "test experiement" a secret (unlike before), she's developing true feelings for the first time, not yet as to be called "love" but it's definitely going on that direction, same to JH. That's what I love about their relationship, it doesn't seem forced, it's growing with a natural flow.

Hi DS-JH shipper! have u all read blue angel post on DC theories regarding lunch and dinner aka kiss scenes.. she mentioned that a kiss scene might happen in the middle of Epi 12! The love triangle might end at Epi 12 too, so Epi 12 plays an important turning point to our couple! I hope it is their kiss scene and happens for real :P

• Like 11

1 hour ago, melissala said:

I've been ranting about that crap forever. For one, it's one guy not "everyone" so I don't know how they make the judgement that she just falls for whoever is nice to her.   It's so unfair to her.  She's still a young girl who was confused when she heard SW liked her. She "liked" him for awhile, but seriously got over her "like" right after.  She was upset about it being Bora, not about him dating someone else.  She never liked SW in a romantic way.   It's just wishful thinking that she's going to fall in love with Taek now because he likes her.  Her feelings for JH are real and growing so I don't see Taek having a real chance. . 

To answer your question, she did give him chocolate after she thought he liked her and because of her growing crush on him,  but I don't see the big deal. 

Right?? I mean she is 18 and it is her first time experiencing anything in a romantic sense so it is understandable for her to be excited and to react when she thinks someone likes her. Plus SW is a good guy so you know, it is totally understandable for her to even want to consider him in that light. I think her response was also part curiosity in a sense that this is something totally new to her and she is curious as to what will happen. You can see her being her typical self by getting ahead of herself haha. 

With JH, it is different. She doesn't rush but carefully considers all the evidence and incidences and ponders slowly, unlike her usual self. Heck, she doesn't even spend so much energy on her studies! I do think she feels something for him but being new to the game she hasn't been able to identify what it is yet. 

With Taek, I really can't see how people say she acts the way she does because she likes him? But oh well maybe that is just me. 

How I wish that instead of focusing on which guy is better for DS, people can look at things from DS's point of view and let her do the choosing herself. This would cause much less stress in the main thread...it's moving in the direction of Reply 1994 again...don't understand why people have to end their posts with "I'm team Taek" or "I'm team Junghwan". Causes so much unnecessary line drawing and tension. Just watch the show and have fun! 

• Like 9

Well the term of team TK or team JH goes to show they are their supporters.. I hope it won't divide us as team R1988. Sometimes I too heavily infested in this drama and also exclaimed I am into DS-JH ship.. sorry people If I cause any unnecessary tensions in the main thread, I think I have to be careful and considerate whenever I post shipping stuff.. but here in this thread, I guess I can still post about DS-JH stuff right? :)

If there's any kiss scene or any intimate scene happens between them , I think I will still lost myself and shout Hurray!!  in the main thread.. :P LOL.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Well the term of team TK or team JH goes to show they are their supporters.. I hope it won't divide us as team R1988. Sometimes I too heavily infested in this drama and also exclaimed I am into DS-JH ship.. sorry people If I cause any unnecessary tensions in the main thread, I think I have to be careful and considerate whenever I post shipping stuff.. but here in this thread, I guess I can still post about DS-JH stuff right? :)

If there's any kiss scene or any intimate scene happens between them , I think I will still lost myself and shout Hurray!!  in the main thread.. :P LOL.

Haha in this thread you can feel free to go all out declaring your love for JHxDS :D We will spazz together here!

• Like 8

Just got back from the main thread.. eehhh so much of them justifying that Taek is the husband amd DS will like him because she will fall for whoever is nice to her.. haha, sometimes I wonder if we're watching the same drama because since thw beginning, DS already felt shaken and more shocked towards JH. And I still dont see DS attraction to Taek? I was wrong to visit main thread, because it's slowly becoming "I AM TEAM TAEK SO MY POST IS ALL ABOUT DEFENDING HIM" But I guess they're just too lazy to make Taek x Deoksun thread. lol. She seems pampering TK and taking care of him like friends. While with JH, it's like they're equal. There's this constant sexual tension between them which makes me fanning myself and squealing loudly. It doesnt matter if all clues pointed towards TK being the hubby. The thing is: This is Junghwan and Deoksun's story. Taek is just there to make people keep doubting and guessing until the end. Heck, even when Taek confessed about his feelings, the focus is on JUNGHWAN instead of HIM.

I hope the theory ep12 there will be a kiss scene is true. I can see a kiss happening as cliffhanger.

• Like 10

Rereading old articles about R88.. they basically put main focus of the headline towards GKP-Hyeri-PBG. And put RJY away from the spotlight. But even in ep1, I instantly know he's the main lead. Maybe since he kicked DS while she's washing vegetables. lol. He's a colorful character already since first episode. The very definition of walking contradiction :) 

• Like 9

I don't really know much about details, but did Junghwan talk formally to No Eul?

The main thread revealed these details that hinted the husband was Taek

1. Left handed

2.  wearing little clothes

3.   talking to No Eul formally in the past

4.  About chocolate gift, If it's Junghwan, he must know that that DS gave it to SW since SW was her first love. But in the one of episodes, the husband asked -to whom she gave the chocolate to?-

5.   The husband doesn't like DS called "Ya!!!" to him. If it's JH, they used to fight using informal language so the husband shouldn't have a problem with that.

6. He smokes

So guys, what do you think about these?

In my opinion,

Number 1, Yup Taek is left handed because he ate by using his left hand in episode 10 (this is the one that make worry the most because the future husband drank water in episode 9 use left hand).

Number 2, I am not sure because Junghwan also wears monotone colors like grey, white, and black.

Number 3, this I don't know yet, anyone know which episode either Junghwan or Taek talks to No Eul? I also not sure if Taek would curse "I saeki/this bastard" or "Jugullae?/Do you want to die?" because he is too sweet for that. Or something in the past made Taek can curse that well, who knows, it depends on the writer. All their bickering only scream Junghwan to me

Number 4 - 6, I don't know, finger crossed in silent TT__TT

• Like 3

Everyone is allowed to post their opinions.  It's always nice to read about other people's perpetives.  I like the casting analysis that was posted in the main thread.  It's obvious that the staff were keeping RJY's role under wraps.  He wasn't even announced as part of the major casting.  It was heavily promoted as PBG/Hyeri/GKP and people including myself this was the new Reply triangle.   But episode one showed that he was definitely an important character and more likely the male lead. answer01-00846.jpgi feel like this smile by JH in episode 1 pretty much tells us that this is where the love story will begin.  They could have easily introduced Jh's crush on DS in another episode but nope they chose the first episode to hook the viewers.  

I don't really pay attention to the things that are said in the future.  Everything in the future are always a mis direct of what really happened in the past.  They're seriously meant to troll the viewers.  The flashbacks can easily explain everything.  I always pay more attention to what story the past is telling.  So far the first ten episodes to me have been building up to Jh's growing feelings for DS and DS's experience of her first love.  

• Like 14

I rewatching the preview for ep 11 over and over. I just feel the way DS whisper JH at the end of preview full of heart, hope, curiousity and sexual tension melted into one :wub:

About alot of clue leads to Taek is understandable because is true. But I have opinion in mind, Kim Joo Hyuk actually left handed and smoke in real life and I read article that said he dont know who is play for him in younger version so he just act like himself ANNNNDDDDDDD uri Junhwanie sometimes use his left hand. Taek smoke is just a bait to confuse us like they use to do in Reply 1994 when every clue point at Chilbong but Trash oppa is the end game.

At Reply 1994 the relevant clue is the dolls and another clue is just a bait. This time maybe the same as before.

• Like 6