[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Junghwan is sooo freaking cute in episode 7.  I missed it the first time I watched the raw(since I tend to skip around), but the scene where Deok-Sun is watching the movie and he's there staring at her is so adorable.  His reaction to being close to her... just perfect.  Now if he could only admit to her face that she's pretty.  Though he did sort of admit it when he gave her the gloves. I want to hear the words though! 

• Like 6

So I was re-watching episode 7 (now with subs) and I found DeokSun's voiceover at the end (when she's wearing JH's gloves) to be veeeeery revealing.

She says: 

"I was at the age when I no longer believed in Santa,
or felt my heart flutter because of Secret Santa.
I was at an age when a present that was secretly left behind or secretly conveyed gentleness, wasn't enough to fulfill my expectations.
Excitement that would probably escape up to the back of my throat and choke me if I were to try and suppress it.
Embarrassment that would probably make my heart explode If I were to admit to it..."

and then she finalizes her narration with this sentence...

251ba6ffe0f8888bf0e1a51df6f424a3.jpg  

I don't know, perhaps it's just my delusion for shipping them sooooo much <3, but I believe there's something else hidden behind these words. :wub: Any thoughts? 

So I was re-watching episode 7 (now with subs) and I found DeokSun's voiceover at the end (when she's wearing JH's gloves) to be veeeeery revealing.

She says: 

I was at an age when a present that was secretly left behind or secretly conveyed gentleness, wasn't enough to fulfill my expectations.
Excitement that would probably escape up to the back of my throat and choke me if I were to try and suppress it.
Embarrassment that would probably make my heart explode If I were to admit to it..."

251ba6ffe0f8888bf0e1a51df6f424a3.jpg  

I don't know, perhaps it's just my delusion for shipping them sooooo much <3, but I believe there's something else hidden behind these words. :wub: Any thoughts? 

omfg yes.. this means she'll pretend to be dense because among all of her friends, she considers Junghwan is the most important.. she wouldnt want to ruin the friendship they had.. if she was wrong about Sun Woo or even Taek, everything will be normal again.. but if it's Junghwan, it wont be. I'm sure it does. Cant wait to see how they're going to make everything works out for them in the end.. That's the real mistery of the show, really. Deoksun and future husband are still bickering even when they're married, so I guess they will find the right balance between compassion and playful bickering, just like previous Reply couples.. hehe

• Like 11

Yep. She totally suspects that he likes her (despite her saying no way the next episode) and I think she has some feelings for him, but she's not quite ready to go there just yet. She won't admit it and will play dumb for awhile. Good call on why she won't admit it @Adwina Oltariani  I can see that. I do think she really values JH's opinion more so than the other guys. 

And I love that Deok-Sun and Junghwan still bicker. Bora seems like a totally different person in the present, which I can't really get into. I know she needed to chill, but she lost her edge.  Deok-Sun and Junghwan remained true to themselves in their relationship, which I like. Plus we all know Junghwan, despite acting tough, is giant marshmallow inside and DS knows that too.  :P

I also have a hard time watching ep. 8 because I keep watching episode 7 over and over again... 

Edited by melissala
  • Like 6

I hope/think when our otp get together, we get scenes where DS do not dance even when Dongryung does the crazy dance. And when DS sleep on the bus she just lean her head onto JH instead of opening her mouth widely like in ep8. Maybe he won't be used to it and soon the way they act with each other is the same as before they got together. 

uWp1Rv0.gif

UbQd4BI.gif

Edited by Howlongwillthisfandomlast
  • Like 10

I hope/think when our otp get together, we get scenes where DS do not dance even when Dongryung does the crazy dance. And when DS sleep on the bus she just lean her head onto JH instead of opening her mouth widely like in ep8. Maybe he won't be used to it and soon the way they act with each other is the same as before they got together. 

haha.. in R94, Najung and Trash was so normal and lovey dovey at the beginning.. until he drives her crazy with his antics, then they hitting each other again and everything is the way before.. I'm sure JH-DS will do the same. Haha

• Like 4

yeah I love the way they bicker but I just hope JungHwan don't pull DS hair.. lol XD now I  can't wait for them to kiss !!  or maybe just a simple hug will do for now if they find it weird to get real close together.

• Like 6

yeah I love the way they bicker but I just hope JungHwan don't pull DS hair.. lol XD now I  can't wait for them to kiss !!  or maybe just a simple hug will do for now if they find it weird to get real close together.

No no He won't pull DS hair. I never saw JH hurt DS in a physical way. Yes they always bicker, but I never saw him hit DS or pull her hair.

He is giant marshmallow inded :)

OOpsss I'm sorry I forgot something he push her once when she washed

Edited by bontovi
  • Like 2

No no He won't pull DS hair. I never saw JH hurt DS in a physical way. Yes they always bicker, but I never saw him hit DS or pull her hair.

He is giant marshmallow inded :)

OOpsss I'm sorry I forgot something he push her once when she washed

yeah at least either Jung Hwan or Deok Sun are nowhere as violent as previous Reply OTPs. Which is kinda great. Their back-and-forth banter is also a joy to watch, watching the usually aloof Junghwan to get all riled up like that.. haha, only Deok Sun who can get him to be like that :) and what I find it cute is that each of them always try to initiate a fight.. like it's daily routine for them.. haha

• Like 3

I'm back and currently downloading last week's episodes (the good thing in being THIS late is that, for once, I won't have to consume myself while waiting for subs :) ) Anyway it seems like Episode 7 was just as lovely as expected for our dogxkitten OTP (it isn't just perfect that he's the neighborhood "dog" and she went all "meow" on him?? They're SO perfect.) I only watched cuts, but I'm expecting for Episode 9 to be centered around Taek instead *booooohhh* how's the written preview? I've watched the video preview on YT and I think DS will discover a collapsed Taek (don't know why.. but her shocked expression made me think like this.. ) JH is as cute as ever, but I want to see soon a jealous DS, he definitely needs to date some random girl for that hopeless girl to realize that she wants to be with her cool-neighborhood-dog after all ;)

• Like 6

I think I sick with this drama! Too Obsessed.

It just me or you guys too?

I watch RAW 2 times (well, I make a synopsis this drama on my blog with my country language), watch with engsub once and now I watch with my country subs 2 times! HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I was open my eye to look all screen, searrh the hint LOL, specially in Jung Hwan's room, search the gift or something, we dont know if Deok Sun give him or not, but no reason camera zoom at Jung Hwan name on manitto paper, right?

Edited by hazuki_airin
  • Like 7

She says: 

omfg yes.. this means she'll pretend to be dense because among all of her friends, she considers Junghwan is the most important.. she wouldnt want to ruin the friendship they had.. if she was wrong about Sun Woo or even Taek, everything will be normal again.. but if it's Junghwan, it wont be. I'm sure it does. Cant wait to see how they're going to make everything works out for them in the end.. That's the real mistery of the show, really. Deoksun and future husband are still bickering even when they're married, so I guess they will find the right balance between compassion and playful bickering, just like previous Reply couples.. hehe

it's means she actually excited when she got those gloves from JH  and aware about JH feelings to her?  she just pretend to be dense and did something crazy in front him ? Ohh..it is possible that she overheard a conversation between DR and JH about 'girls behavior in front person they like' before she made those crazy dance?  Aishhh.. Jhijjnha..then when she gonna look at him as a man?  When can we get a kiss??  Ahh, and in episode 9 there must be a lot scene of taek, i love him but i want more DS/JH moment..

Edited by einYoshiChan
  • Like 7

I want to see Junghwan's parents interacting with Junghwan at some point in future episodes. We already seen DS' mom interacted with him few times, but I want to see JH interacting with DS' dad as well.. they havent interacted so far.. haha, I cant wait to see JH impressed DS' parents with his sincerity.. 

• Like 4

@hazuki_airin 

Same. This is the first drama where I look beyond the surface(writing+realizing+connecting different hints present and write a theory about it). I like to rewatch my favourite moments(I even put all the DuksunxJunghwan moments uploaded onto official tvn channel into a playlist so if u all want I can even paste the url here and just put onto the first post) but this is the first drama where I watch it twice(and in the same day!). I also wake up early just for subtitles.

I go on soompi+tieba(+netizens opinions blog+dramabeans recaps+tumblr) but still not enough so I even go on DC gallery and click on picture posts. 

• Like 2