[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Here's more comparison fun. Just because it's beautiful. This is her new, recent IG dp. It's from when she was in Hawaii and his is from um...I'm going to say given the time of posting, his recent trip to Thailand IG update. But not sure. Caption said something like...."A day he wants to commemorate."

Screenshot%202017-02-19%20at%206.14.09%2

Also a throwback to an easier time....when they could "travel" together without it being made into some big deal. If you recall, it was OT4 (Yeolri, LDH, and GKP) for the Busan International Film Festival.  And reason for such musing is because at the moment it seems Junyeol is planning a trip (keeps hinting via IG activity)  and he had said in an interview how he'd invite all who could come and would like to go. In fact, seems to be having trouble finding people who could due to scheduling. If only... *sigh*

Also Phuket....

• Like 1

Hi there. I'm new to soompi. In fact, I just made an account because someone commented on a Jung Hwan / Deok Sun fanfic I wrote on AO3 and suggested that I posted it here as well. 

There are litterally no other fanfics on AO3 for this couple, which made me really sad. I come from mostly American TV show fandoms, so AO3 has always been my go-to place for fics. Well, that and FF.net. I'm really new to kdrama fandoms, writing fics anyway I've been watch shows for years now. But Reply 1988 just made me so upset with how it ended, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't even watch the last two episodes of the series until I'd written this fic. This is a 'fix-it' fic that takes place immediately after episode 18 and rewrites the rest of the series. Because I couldn't just let it end like it did.

The fic is called: Countdown. (link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/9051010) Rating: NC-17

Deok Sun and Jung Hwan deal with the fallout of his ‘confession’.

After dinner, Deok Sun accidentally overhears the boys talking to Taek and she finds out that Jung Hwan’s confession had been genuine. Unwilling to deal with what that means, she runs off, injuring her arm. Jung Hwan finds her and takes her to the hospital. After she gets her arm fixed, they go to the park and talk before heading home. Deok Sun is unsure what do to next, but she knows he’s leaving in the morning for Sacheon. Will the few hours they have left be enough to overcome the misunderstandings of their past?

I also made a gifset to go with this fanfic

http://winter-ashby.tumblr.com/post/154937171167

tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o1_400.gif tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o2_400.gif

(click the link to see the rest)

I hope people here like it. I'm glad I found this thread.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much @rosweldrmr ! :) I am enjoying it very much so far. Have not finished yet, but I can picture each scene so vividly and can feel the intensity from the characters. Also love how you kept the characters as they are...their virtues and faults. BTW, will you be continuing it? 

Also as @b020 said @hailaft has started a new FF and it's ongoing...you can find it here:

Also bringing over some goodies...a collage and fan edit by yours truly.:wink::wub:

Here's hoping someday.... *prayer circle* :wub:

• Like 1

@b020 & @tenilove97 Thank you both for reading. I'm glad this ship is still sailing. 

I do not have any plans to continue that particular fic. I like where I left it. But I will definitely be writing more fics for these two. I can't get enough of them. 

I will also post the gifsets/graphics I've made here, so you can all enjoy them :)

• Like 1

tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o2_400.gif   tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o1_400.gif

tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o5_r1_400.gif   tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o8_400.gif

tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o3_400.gif   tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o4_400.gif

tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o7_400.gif   tumblr_ocdxjcyfWV1sovmv8o6_r1_400.gif

COUNTDOWN: a Reply 1988 - Jung Hwan / Deok Sun Fanfic

Deok Sun and Jung Hwan deal with the fallout of his ‘confession’.

After dinner, Deok Sun accidentally overhears the boys talking to Taek and she finds out that Jung Hwan’s confession had been genuine. Unwilling to deal with what that means, she runs off, injuring her arm. Jung Hwan finds her and takes her to the hospital. After she gets her arm fixed, they go to the park and talk before heading home. Deok Sun is unsure what do to next, but she knows he’s leaving in the morning for Sacheon. Will the few hours they have left be enough to overcome the misunderstandings of their past?

(Read it on AO3)

bonus gift for my secret santa in the @kdramasecretsanta

tumblr_inline_oh00bfFx3u1r8qvx6_500.png

tumblr link

• Like 2

Sharing this FMV I just noticed. More on a somber note. But creative all the same.:)

Then there's this recent one from one of our best @MrsRyu in honor of Reply 1988 Concert 1 yr anniversary. ^_^

And re-posting this in honor of White Day by the very same^^^! :wub:

Ok after leaving these goodies, I have something serious I want to address.

• Like 1

This is for anyone who is lurking about or actually still post on this forum...well anyone! Ok so recently there has been some very disturbing happenings due to real life shipping. Not gonna get into details because that would be spreading unconfirmed info. But I will address certain behavior that got out of hand due to it. First off, we need to understand that when we decide to ship a couple....circumstances are unpredictable. You may think you know something, you may think something is a certain way, but until it’s confirmed it’s all just a FANTASY!!!! You can play around saying “Oh I think they are real or I know they are real”. But until those involved say it is...It’s NOT! In fact, you may just get your wish, but again things can always change at a drop of a dime. Because they are only human and only they know what they go through or why they decide to do things.

Which brings us to inappropriate, crossing the line behavior I’ve witnessed over and over.  It’s one thing to post your fantasies in your personal space and even that has it’s limits, but still  it’s your right. But when you post them on those you ship personal space...you’re completely out of line! Tagging them to their SNS, vlive, talking about what you suspect...anywhere that goes directly to them, etc is not only insane, but can cause a lot of damage. Not to mention, what it could do to their relationship no matter the status. That kind of constant pressure can not only get tiresome, but can create an awkward atmosphere for them....where they could feel that less and less interaction might be the best solution. Also trying to get them exposed because you are tired of waiting by say tagging dispatch w/ your “proof”...do I even need to say it’s wrong? I unfortunately have witness these things. I’ve seen people tagging their faves and saying things like “Oh I know you are w/ him and/or her” or “I know that this IG post is about…” and they tag that person. Just recently saw an attack...very vulgar on IG. Saying stuff like I know you did this to that person...having a tagging frenzy to get answers from those related to them. Seriously...what? It’s like defending a rumor (since it was never confirmed) against another rumor that has upset you because it’s not convenient for YOU.  Let’s not get into the fact...that it is crossing the line to even try to put out there those kinds of thoughts. Really has nothing to do with you, no matter how much you ship them. You don’t live w/ them, you are not part of their family, doesn’t effect you in anyway. It may hurt because you had hope, but still directly has nothing to do w/ you. To end this...just respect! It all comes down to respect! Whether you like it or not...vent in your personal corner! Not on a space that is mostly for their fans to know about THEM. Where they communicate w/ them. Ok so ship, have fun,  but remember it could go either way. That’s the risk of it! Realize and keep in mind...it’s up to THEM and that if you really care about them, you won't "help" to hurt them!

• Like 4

From his Defining Moments Campaign Heren pictorial and teasers from her GsD cb! :wub: Yeah you heard it right in about 5 days...GsD are rightfully so finally coming back! Slay girls slay!!!!! B)

Here's the cb audio teaser.

Also late (because how could I forget to post it here) White Day gift from our guy. Sorry.

Warning...hotness overload. LOL 

Also here's how that went down. Hey it's Maradona so of course he had to. LOL But at the same time sure gave us one hell of a White Day present!:D And couldn't he just continue playing like that? Just saying. :tongue:

Peek a boo...look who reunited w/ the almost full R88 gang yesterday and it's about time too!:D:wub:

Just missing from the youth side of things...RHY, CSW (bless him..hope he is doing well on his hopefully full recovery), LMJ, and LSY! But still...bless!!!!

• Like 1

Guest wizengamot

randomly dropping by in this  precious thread. haha. just finished rewatching this with my sister (who watched this for the first time due to my constant nagging that this series is daebak). i'm satisfied with her feedback (which i will not get into details because seriously, i'm done crying over spilled milk) she watched it knowing the endgame beforehand she's more of a sunwoo-bora shipper, though. glad to see this ship sailing.