[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Ewwwww...I'm late.. Usually at main thread there is live recap. But I didn't see it in Reply thread. How can i wait until monday for the sub. Uri couple have Lot of scene together today but I read at the Reply thread that sun woo have trash oppa vibe and he is gonna be the end game. Do you think so gaess...?

Ewwwww...I'm late.. Usually at main thread there is live recap. But I didn't see it in Reply thread. How can i wait until monday for the sub. Uri couple have Lot of scene together today but I read at the Reply thread that sun woo have trash oppa vibe and he is gonna be the end game. Do you think so gaess...?

Haha, main thread is still very quiet.. I dont think fans there are interested in doing live recaps.. let's wait for few more episodes, maybe more people would interested.

ehhh I dont think so. Sun Woo clearly is the chilbongie/tae Woong of this drama. Princely type, handsome, kind, sweetheart.. You name it. And Deok Sun clearly has a crush on him. Cute, but it will never be endgame (harsh but true!) I think this version reminds me of Reply 1997 rather than Reply 1994. Remember that Shi Won has a crush on Yoon tae Woong, but ended up married with the guy she bickers around with? this is the same as that. I remember Yoon Jae had a crush on Shi Won in first episodes, and Shi Won reciprocates his feelings only in later episodes. I can see this version will follow that formula. And I still believe the future husband acts exactly like Jung Hwan.

Edited by Adwina Oltariani
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha, main thread is still very quiet.. I dont think fans there are interested in doing live recaps.. let's wait for few more episodes, maybe more people would interested.

ehhh I dont think so. Sun Woo clearly is the chilbongie of this drama. Princely type, handsome, kind, sweetheart.. You name it. And Deok Sun clearly has a crush on him. Cute, but it will never be endgame (harsh but true!) I think this version reminds me of Reply 1997 rather than Reply 1994. Remember that Shi Won has a crush on Yoon tae Woong, but ended up married with the guy she bickers around with? this is the same as that. I remember Yoon Jae had a crush on Shi Won in first episodes, and Shi Won reciprocates his feelings only in later episodes. I can see this version will follow that formula. And I still believe the future husband acts exactly like Jung Hwan.

Hahahhaa you're right. With Deok Sun feeling for Sun Woo reveal pretty early we have alot of time for so many possibilities. I still didn't feel it too that Sun Woo have trash oppa vibe. In Reply 1988 They give almost equal screentime for the all male lead so is rather confusing for us to decide. Unlike  chilbong in Reply 1994 they make him missed so many episode. I still have grudge for chilbong btw. I havent watching the last two episode of Reply 1994 too..

• Like 2

To think I've promised myself I WON'T BE SHIPPING ever again in any future "Reply" series I was pretty fast to come here..

*slow clap*

I really really like JH, I even find the actor rather fascinating, I know the old dynamic of the OTP falling for eachother after years of bickering may be a clichè, but if it's well done I still love it Every. Time. (Plus, I cheered for the goodie-good Chilbongie before, so I've had my share of heartbreak already).

Today's episode was really good for us with the sandwich and backhugging scenes, they were cute, hot and A LOT of fun and, judging from the preview, I guess this may be the beginning of JH's interest towards DS. Frankly I'm a little scared because, in every Reply series, the female lead's feelings are really solid and I'm afraid at the tought of JH getting stucked in an one-sided love, meanwhile DS's feelings for SW keep growing.. In fact today was really fun also because DS was totally innocent and unaware of how she was affecting JH while being all over him, but this also means that she doesn't think of him as a "boy" yet (I'm saying YET though!) so, I'm still creepy-grinning at the sandwich scene, but I won't be calm until DS will show us that she considers him as a member of the opposite sex.

Lastly, about DS, I think she's quite different from the previous leads, she seems more feminine to me, she has like romantic fantasies, a secret diary etc. so I think she's in love with the idea of falling in love in a very idealistic way.. so maybe this little crush on SW is way less dangerous that I'm thinking now.. 

Anyway, thank you @Adwina Oltariani for this thread and for sharing your parallelism with R1997, it's pretty convincing and I'm much calmer already lol

Happy shipping everyone ^^

EDIT: I just thought another point for us is airtime, plus the fact that JH's character is generally introduced first, bur still who knows?

Edited by lovcom00
  • Like 5

To think I've promised myself I WON'T BE SHIPPING ever again in any future "Reply" series I was pretty fast to come here..

*slow clap*

I really really like JH, I even find the actor rather fascinating, I know the old dynamic of the OTP falling for eachother after years of bickering may be a clichè, but if it's well done I still love it Every. Time. (Plus, I cheered for the goodie-good Chilbongie before, so I've had my share of heartbreak already).

Today's episode was really good for us with the sandwich and backhugging scenes, they were cute, hot and A LOT of fun and, judging from the preview, I guess this may be the beginning of JH's interest towards DS. Frankly I'm a little scared because, in every Reply series, the female lead's feelings are really solid and I'm afraid at the tought of JH getting stucked in an one-sided love, meanwhile DS's feelings for SW keep growing.. In fact today was really fun also because DS was totally innocent and unaware of how she was affecting JH while being all over him, but this also means that she doesn't think of him as a "boy" yet (I'm saying YET though!) so, I'm still creepy-grinning at the sandwich scene, but I won't be calm until DS will show us that she considers him as a member of the opposite sex.

Lastly, about DS, I think she's quite different from the previous leads, she seems more feminine to me, she has like romantic fantasies, a secret diary etc. so I think she's in love with the idea of falling in love in a very idealistic way.. so maybe this little crush on SW is way less dangerous that I'm thinking now.. 

Anyway, thank you @Adwina Oltariani for this thread and for sharing your parallelism with R1997, it's pretty convincing and I'm much calmer already lol

Happy shipping everyone ^^

EDIT: I just thought another point for us is airtime, plus the fact that JH's character is generally introduced first, bur still who knows?

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Even though the bickering is rather a cliché, if it's well done and the chemistry between the actors is there... Then I'm in. Perhaps in the previous series I wasn't into the OTP because I was already more drawn to CB's character (and because the writer gave him too much screen time and significance to his actions/words for us to be trolled) MAYBE, and only maybe, if they wouldn't have written Trash character so inconsistent... then it'd be pretty obvious from the beginning and I would have saved my heart from such bitterness. Anyway, what I do have noticed here, is that.. most Trash former supporters are now shipping DS with SW, and most former Chilbongers are now shipping her with JH. Of course, there are some exceptions, but I kinda find this fact rather curious... Any Psychologist out there? LOL.

I'm also very attracted to JH's character, I don't know what is it, perhaps the way he's being portrayed, or the actor... it's just so hard not to look at him. Like for example, when he was dancing with the other guys, I watched the video a couple of times and even though I wanted to focus on SW I could only see JH performing, and I did make sure it wasn't the camera angle, so. 

What worries me is the preview... God, is like having a deja vu. Same CB's "one-sided-love look" on JH's eyes.

Please writers, don't do this to me again. :( 

Edited by svl93

Hi , another JH-DS shipper here! :)

I also was a CB-NJ shipper in reply 1994 and now I feel really insecure with the whole shipping thing LOL I don't want another heartbreak.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Even though the bickering is rather a cliché, if it's well done and the chemistry between the actors is there... Then I'm in. Perhaps in the previous series I wasn't into the OTP because I was already more drawn to CB's character (and because the writer gave him too much screen time and significance to his actions/words for us to be trolled) MAYBE, and only maybe, if they wouldn't have written Trash character so inconsistent... then it'd be pretty obvious from the beginning and I would have saved my heart from such bitterness. Anyway, what I do have noticed here, is that.. most Trash former supporters are now shipping DS with SW, and most former Chilbongers are now shipping her with JH. Of course, there are some exceptions, but I kinda find this fact rather curious... Any Psychologist out there? LOL.

I'm also very attracted to JH's character, I don't know what is it, perhaps the way he's being portrayed, or the actor... it's just so hard not to look at him. Like for example, when he was dancing with the other guys, I watched the video a couple of times and even though I wanted to focus on SW I could only see JH performing, and I did make sure it wasn't the camera angle, so. 

@svl93 I also noticed this ! Its kind of weird, I loved CB because he was sweet ( & cute haha)  however even though SW is very sweet he doesnt remind me of CB at all and JH doesnt remind me of Trash. I actually see JH different from all other characters in reply series, he makes me want to know who he is and he stands out. When I started the drama i thought I would like Taek or SW as the husband but after the 1st ep I was already liking JH and this ep made me solidify my ship LOL. I find DS having more Romantic Chemistry with him then the other friends.

Hopefully he will be the husband, from 2015 he gives JH vibes but im trying not to give importance to 2015 scenes, the 1988 scenes DS likes SW but to be honest I wish that he likes Bora instead so it will be different from reply 1994 PLUS i think Bora and SW will be interesting to watch xD

I also agree to some point with the whole who the girl likes the most will be the husband but we are still in ep 3 so for now i'm not too worried, feelings change....

Lastly I think it will be very interesting to see the JH and DS family and how they react if/when they start dating, we never really got to see anything like that in previous reply series :)

• Like 2

Hi , another JH-DS shipper here! :)

I also was a CB-NJ shipper in reply 1994 and now I feel really insecure with the whole shipping thing LOL I don't want another heartbreak.

@svl93 I also noticed this ! Its kind of weird, I loved CB because he was sweet ( & cute haha)  however even though SW is very sweet he doesnt remind me of CB at all and JH doesnt remind me of Trash. I actually see JH different from all other characters in reply series, he makes me want to know who he is and he stands out. When I started the drama i thought I would like Taek or SW as the husband but after the 1st ep I was already liking JH and this ep made me solidify my ship LOL. I find DS having more Romantic Chemistry with him then the other friends.

Hopefully he will be the husband, from 2015 he gives JH vibes but im trying not to give importance to 2015 scenes, the 1988 scenes DS likes SW but to be honest I wish that he likes Bora instead so it will be different from reply 1994 PLUS i think Bora and SW will be interesting to watch xD

I also agree to some point with the whole who the girl likes the most will be the husband but we are still in ep 3 so for now i'm not too worried, feelings change....

Lastly I think it will be very interesting to see the JH and DS family and how they react if/when they start dating, we never really got to see anything like that in previous reply series :)

OMG!! You hit the nail on the head, I would totally love to see that! And I'm already loving DS-JH's dad pair, she's the only one who gets his jokes! How can they not end up being in-laws? :D

@svl93 Exactly DS and JH's dad are really funny imagine the family being all serious and DS and JH's dad cracking up jokes hahah at least he will have someone in the family to act all goofy with   :P  Hopefully tomorrows episode will give us more DS-JH and family scenes, but it doesn't seem like JH's dad will be telling any jokes :/ 

• Like 1

Hello.

I am really happy with the screen time and skinship our main couple have in this episode.

I ship this couple partly because Junghwan family gets a lot more development and screen time compared to other possible couples. For example, Junghwan brother get a lot more screen time compared to Sunwoo sister.

• Like 1

Guest beastrbae

Was squeezing in the alley together totally necessary? xD Junghwan's reaction got me into stiches hahahahaha.. If he needs some close proximity with Deoksun to realise his feelings for her, so be it lol. And the unintended back hug :wub: I cannot wait to see how the dynamics between Junghwan and Deoksun will change once he realises that he likes her. I usually prefer my male lead (crosses fingers) to fall for the girl first.

I agree with you guys! I don't see an ounce of Trash in Junghwan at all. If I had to pick a character who is most similar to Trash that'd be Bora. I have a good feeling about our ship! The preview for ep4 looks Junghwan centered but you can never trust them. :l

Since the timeline of this ep was before Deoksun slipping chocolates to Sunwoo's bag, I think her friends planted the perception of Sunwoo liking her into her head. Naturally, she'll be more aware of Sunwoo and his actions towards her.

The episode was full of reversals, from fortunes to expectations. I certainly didn’t expect Jung-hwan to be the first to fall for Deok-sun (though who knows what future flashbacks will reveal is going on in Sun-woo’s head, or Taek’s for that matter). I was bracing myself for him to be frustratingly opaque like Garbage Oppa, but I’m so relieved that he’s not—he might be tough on the outside, but he’s kind of terrible at hiding his feelings, which I love dearly. And contrary to what he seemed like at the start—way too cool for boy band dances, that’s for sure—he surprises us all with that performance at the talent show.

I actually like where the lovelines are going, with Jung-hwan falling for Deok-sun, who’s falling for Sun-woo. This love triangle actually feels evenly matched, which I guess is both the upside and the downside of it. But because they’re all friends first, there’s so much humor and affection just between all of them as friends, and I enjoy that that’s the emphasis in the story. I know, I know, I’ll be kicking myself for saying that I like it when one (or three?) of the boys is crying over a broken heart down the line, but right now the awakening of feelings bit by bit is too priceless not to enjoy. I mean, who knew that the bad boy was going to turn to geeky jello at a girl’s touch? - Girlfriday, Dramabeans

Looks like lots of people (from youtube, main thread and dramabeans comments) are starting to warm up to Junghwan. I'm definitely a happy shipper here.

Edited by beastrbae

Seems like we are not the only ones and RJY inexplicable allure is charming everyone

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.it/2015/11/viewers-fall-for-ryu-jun-yeol-in-reply.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

*wink wink*

thanks for sharing. Yep, happy to see Knetz warming up to him.. Yeah, he might not be the best looking of them all.. but his charm sure as hell makes him stands out the most rather than anyone else in that drama. He's a bit different from Yoon Jae and Trash, because he's not as loud as them, but I find his nervousness around Deok Sun is so adorable, and I love how he stood up for his friends. Hopefully we'll get to see more of Jung  Hwan's backstory and his development in later episodes. If Knetz love him, i think he will indeed be the husband and our ship will sail smoothly,, hehe.

• Like 4

Watched parts of the episode today and it looks great :)

moments that really got to me where when 

1. JH acted like how DS would (all goofy) when greeting his dad to make him happy ; which worked :)

2. DS was falling on the bus and grabbed JH and she ripped open his clothes LOL 

3.In the end DS seems to be tickling JH ? not sure about this since my stream was lagging

And finally 4. JH went to protect DS in the bus so she wont fall ( such a great moment *swoon* )

I think she was touched by this... heheh :)

Cant wait for next week :) 

• Like 5

Guest beastrbae

For those who would like to follow our couple in instagram, you can follow them @ryusdb and @hyeri_0609 respectively if you wish to do so :D

This episode was full of cute adorable moments between our ship!!! Junghwan looked sort of uncomfortable during the first bus scene I think because there was this guy in the bus sort of enjoying Deoksun being pushed to him. In the end, Deoksun accidently ripped Junghwan's shirt open while trying to get a hold of it lol... Deoksun was also doing aegyo when Junghwan's legs had a cramp/pins and needles resulting him to laugh (while in pain? lol) after they cheered our puppy Taek up. Also, he waited for Deoksun when it was raining and stole some glances at her as seen from yesterday's preview. Not forgetting the last scene where he tried to shield Deoksun from being pushed around in the bus! /heart eyes emoji And dayum those veins O_O

The preview didn't have much about our ship, mainly Bora getting hurt from a protest I think. Hope everyone and everything is alright!

Edited by beastrbae

I watched some of clips for ep4. And overall I agree with you gaess, Junghwan is so cute caring and sensitive as well.

Everybody thought that Junghwan is a cool person but I do think he care for his sorrounding in a quite type. 

I see so many chilbong and najung shipper like junghwan because we know that our lead male similiar in a way they treat their woman. I cant pin poin in a detail explanation but I do feel it.

But I hope they dont have same faith

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/spoilers-awl-d-day-i-have-lover-my.html?m=1

Like some of you said If public general in Korea favour our Junghwan the chances of him be the end game is big.

• Like 1

. Anyway, what I do have noticed here, is that.. most Trash former supporters are now shipping DS with SW, and most former Chilbongers are now shipping her with JH. Of course, there are some exceptions, but I kinda find this fact rather curious... Any Psychologist out there? LOL.

I've noticed and I don't quite get it! haha I'm rather the opposite, I was a trash supporter. For me it's whoever who has the most memorable scenes (with the main) within the first few episodes and steals the show that becomes my favourite. 

p.s: lol I need to get used to the new soompi. 

Edited by kasjady
  • Like 3

Guest beastrbae

@HowlongwillthisfandomlastI noticed the same thing! (Because I kept abusing the replay button of the clip in TvN's youtube channel :X) Pwahahaha poor Dong Ryong with his foggy glasses. He reminds me of Haitai, I wish there was a Samchunpo in this drama though.

I like the development with Junghwan's character so far, he's the tsundere type of guy. Tough, nonchalant and cool looking in the outside but as soft and squishy as a warmed marshmallow in the inside.