[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

On 10/6/2016 at 10:29 AM, sunshinefate said:

I think you mean with that winter the wind blows? I remember watching many song hye kyo's close up scenes and I admired her beauty from that close up scene. The director is so talented in making great cinematography if the scenes are taken from afar, I think.

On 10/6/2016 at 10:40 AM, sunshinefate said:

Oh, I forgot about IOTL was also directed by Kim Kyu Tae. I think this will be a lesson to Mr. Kim Kyu Tae for not taking too much close up scenes for a drama because not every actors and actresses can express their emotions expressively in close up scenes. But I think these close up scenes only appear in the beginning part of this drama, don't they? Lately, I have not found excessive close up scenes *CMIIW*

I totally agree here. When I first found out this director was attached to the drama I was excited because I felt the cinematography would be very beautiful. There were some gorgeous shots in That Winter, the Wind Blows of trees and snow as well as the 2 leads. I swear Song Hye Ko and Jo In Sung never looked so good- some of the shots of them just took my breath away. So, I knew we could get some really beautiful scenes here and that the actors would all look gorgeous. And we have gotten some fantasic shots- the eclipse scene, the ritual scene in ep 2, the iconic rain scene was also masterfully done, to name a few. However, the director's penchant for extreme close-ups has hurt him here. There are way too many- if he had cut back and used them more judiciously, it would have been fine. You're right that not every actor can express emotions with slight movements in face and eyes. That takes a special skill and also acting experience. Much of this cast, including the leading lady, is new to acting and doesn't have skill set built up to handle the close-up method. It just magnifies the acting weaknesses and can take me right out of the scene. Also, sometime the closeups weren't appropriate to the scene. Case in point- WS and HS at the beach. Those scenes would have been much better taken as medium or long shots were we can see the beach. The overuse of closeups also lessens their impact as time goes on. It fits the narrative much better in my opinion when these closeups are used more sparingly, so that they have real impact. One of the best uses of the extreme closeups was the WS bath scene in ep. 2. LJK acting skill really shone there and the scene was very powerful due to use of closeup. Plus, he may have had a scar but I don't think LJK has ever looked so good as in that scene-his physical beauty there really blew me away. 

• Like 17

Today i read all about goryeo thks to.SBS give a good k drama makes people for other country like me.interested with your beautiful countryside and costume.

With SFD..i read n google about joseon dynasty until one stage i remember all the king when come to MLSHR...i google about goryeo dynasty..how they come to an end ..and how at a point they dont have any prince to become king annymore...and they hv to find baek ah son ..( illegal son of him with wang wook daughter that marry to WS son  from they most of the king come from his side. They hv drama about this..( i read somewhere in tumbler)

History is interesting ..an actor who become the spoke person like.Ah in for Bang Won ..and..WS.by joon gi make.it more wonderful how.they interpreted the character...very interesting...and i couldnt sleep thinkingand  reading of goryeo n joseon. Hope one day i can visit your country be in the palace  that bang woon build .....

• Like 15

5 hours ago, ratgirlina said:

you are sleepy and and those are the pics you see before you sleep? your dream might need soo's soap.

i find that scene quite hilarious really...

i know the scar means so much more than a scar in his face, it's a representation of the scar on his heart. that's the point of the whole scene.

darling, i think i really need soo's soap. I am laughing righnt now. But i am a married woman so i think it's inevitable(?) ;)

i agree on the meaning of the scene if you look at it on that perspective. but a scene means a lot of things it just depends on the angle you're looking at. and i was looking at it as it is. :)

• Like 9

WHAT!??? No episode on Monday on South Korea (SBS) for 3 weeks!? :astonished: Hope this won't happen because the international version will be still airing as usual. That means that the ending of the drama will already be on internet weeks before the airing of the last episode in South Korea. This is too bad. Remember when SBS wasn't planning to respect the official date for simultaneous broadcast for Moon Lovers's first episode? That date (August 29th) that was released with months of anticipation and shared by all the other broadcasters? :confused: They said just few days before that they can't confirm that...but at the end thanks God they decided to aired as it was originally stipulated. Since day one they treated the drama as if it was one that only airs in south korea and not preproduced at all. 

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, Angiiee said:

me: *prays fervently for BTS of ep. 1 bath scene*

EDITED: I was confusing the scenes xD You said episode one so that means you are referring to the princes and not the one of Wang So-Hae Soo. They released a brief moment of that BTS on Naver.  

BTS of the princes (bath scene) episode 1: 

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1078164

Spoiler

I confused the bath scene with this one...but that is episode 2.

Edited by Gabi Bros
Added BTS of the princes bath scene
  • Like 15