[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

59 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

I must say... after watching the ending preview of ep 14, when So came at Damiwon to fight of Yo - how can he make grownup men flip like that?!?! Not just one, but several of them!!! *jaw drop in awe

The only explanation is....

Spoiler

Because he is WANG SO:joy:

• Like 17

As i 'm listening and looking into the meaning of the lyrics off the 11th ost - Wind , suddenly all my hopes for a happy ending is shattered :(. The lyrics fits perfectly of ending of the Chinese version where the love between 4th and Ruoxi was ended heart breakingly with a lot of regrets. 4th prince had to let Ruoxi go because she can 't no longer stand the cruel life in the palace and how the throne had affected the relationship between them. :( I remember there's a scene in the C-version that after Ruoxi's cremation , 4th took her ash and let it flow to the wind for her wish is to be free :(. This song somehow reminds me of that tragic scene . I hope that our Moon Lover won't have such sad ending. 

Spoiler

off topic pictures

Hide that tears in your mind
And erase all the memories

Let’s stop here the never ending destiny
Even we will live with tears because of longing

It seems like a dispersive wind
It looks like a road I can’t find even I try

I can’t catch the destiny if it recedes
So I let you go

You’ll disappear after sunrise
So I’m tying to get you in my eys as much as I want

The person I have to erase when the darkness comes
Should I let you go like this?

It seems like a dispersive wind
It looks like a road I can’t find even I try

I can’t catch the destiny if it recedes
So I let you go

From your steps leaving behind me
I can’t stand tears anymore

You looks like a falling petal
So you looked so pitiful
And I have to stop like this…

One day, if we can meet again
Let’s not say goodbye

My love

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, chikumakanagaki said:

Wow... the 1000 page:lol:

MLSR is the second KDrama that make me lurking around Soompi everyday, the last one is JTBC's Cruel City.

LJK & JKH are perfect as WS & SH:wub:

Should probably watch Time Between Dog and Wolf:phew: 

I liked Heartless City. Jung Kyung Ho played together with Lee Jong Gi in Time Between Dog and Wolf, I guess that's the reason you want to watch it.

Two Weeks was great as well. Hero is the only drama of Lee Jong Gi that I haven't watched.

For me, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is also the second drama I lurk on Soompi, after Pinocchio.

What's with this drama. Waiting for 7 more episodes feels too long, I want to finish this quickly so I would have enough rest afterwards.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, soereey said:

Hello yeorobun. I am a silent reader since the first episode aired. This is my first experience to religiously follow a sageuk drama, just because i am a fan of the c-version & the author of the novel -Tonghua.

one common trait in all Tonghua's writings is the female heroine has a very different mannerism, ways of thinking and speaking compared to people in surroundings during that particular period. it is like throwing a red marble on a bowl of rice, which makes it strikingly eye catching just by sitting there doing nothing. and it is also her writing preference to have more than 1 love lines in a novel. comparing So-Soo's relationship journey to Yinzhen-Ruoxi's, i must say that they are totally different. RX only started to open up her hearts to YZ years after she had broken up with 8th (it feels fast too in the drama, but actually it took more than a year in the novel). So i don't see RX starting her relationship with YZ as a rebound thing. Here in SHR, i think the writer is trying to develop overlapping love lines. It is undeniable that Soo unconciously had already fallen for So, but her major principle in relationship is that she doesn't want or like changes, she also expects her object of affection to stay the same. so, it makes so much sense that Wook must change in order to trigger the break up because Soo will never be the one who initiates it, she doesn't like changes afterall. We as viewers saw how Wook develop his dark persona in ep 11, but Soo didn't saw it until their confrontation in ep 13. 

Yes, i had my roll eyes moments watching ep 12 & at some point i wanted to smash my mobile phone. but then again, it really is Soo's character to begin with.

Back to the overlapping love lines. i don't think Soo will embark on her relationship with So as a rebound thing. She has fallen in love with him for a long time, it was her relationship with Wook that held her back, as much as she doesn't like changes, i think she will hate to be labeled as a cheater more. i think she just needs some defining moments to realize how much So has occupied her heart & mind without her realizing it. i think So-Soo's journey to mutual relationship is more similar in a way with Tonghua's main couple in Da Mo Yao. it is not that the female lead is two timing 2 hot dudes, she is pinning on one that keeps on rejecting her because of his inferiority complex, while the other dude is similar with So in this love department. after she gave up any hopes after so many rejections, she almost immediately begin her relationship with the other hot dude. i will just retyped some parts of the translation by Koala to describe how actually the female lead feels the moment she realizes it is someone else that has been the owner of her heart.

In the silent plains, even the wind appears to have stopped. All I can hear is his heartbeat & my heartbeat. Everything faded from my heart, so that in this entire world there was only him & me, me & him. In a brief moment, it felt like an entire lifetime. From the first time I saw him and our eyes met until this very moment, all these memories flashed through my mind. In this moment I finally knew, that little by little, in the unaware and the subconcious, he had already permanently carved himself in my heart. (credit to Koala's playground. Da Mo Yao chapter 21). 

Under the brilliant sun, he's so beautiful that it stuns my heart. All around us is the thunderous cheer of the spectators. But everything disappears in my ears. My world is completely silent, and in the silence there is only his form seemingly flying through the wind. in that moment, i know that in my entire life, i will never forget what i have seen today. Even when all my hair turns white and my eyes can no longer see, i will still be able to describe in vivid detail his each and every single movement. (credit to Koala's playground, Da Mo Yao chapter 23).

Going forward, i really expect to see Soo going head over heels for So. as much as the sacrifices So has made, i expect Soo will go the same distance for him. I need to see how much Soo is in love with So to believe that their relationship is worth the journey beyond time & space.

i also want to applause you all here. this is my first time reading a thread that is very rich in contents. Salute!

Thank you for your note-worthy additional insight to this drama discussion. It says a lot about the author novel's writings that despite major hiccups in the production of Scarlet Heart Ryeo, the story is one of the main reason that pulls the viewers. LJG is one factor but its the story that captures and intrigues the viewers more that they stay tune. Yes, I agree with you about the viewers needing more to see how Soo falls madly in love with Wang So so to see them as an eternal lovers. We still have yet to see Soo's showing the same amount of fervent love and sacrifice to Wang So as that of Wang So to Soo's across the 13 episodes. I watched the still cuts where Hae Soo and Wang So in the boat and them meeting near the tree lane, Hae Soo still have that apprehensive, careful look not the kind of look a lover will give to their partner. Its not just about the kiss on the lips but rather love and sacrifice. While on the other hand, Wang So is soo happy, smiling, moon smile, laughing like he having the time of his life. Maybe I think, she is still caught up with the vision of cruel Gwangjong that she still have not fully shown that deep love. I hope like you that things will happen that cause Soo to fall in love deeply with Wang So. I think it has to do with her changing history. Thanks for the additional insight. Thumbs up for your post! :blush:

• Like 15

45 minutes ago, violet90 said:

you all....... i see this on twitter and credit to the one who post that....

o......m.........g

if this true.....

Reveal hidden contents

I predict this will happen after the smooch from IU... I mean, HaeSoo. Because he feels acceptance from Haesoo, he doesn't hesitate to kiss her properly. Only prediction, I have to ask Jimong the truth about this. :P

• Like 23

44 minutes ago, whyo said:

@trizha1 yes he can :D I read from the link that other fellow eclipses share before (i'm sorry not to mention because I don't remember)

Hide contents

Q : That’s why I prepared multiplice choices. If you were to go on a variety program, which one would you choose? “Real Men”, “Three Meals A Day”, “Running Man”, “SNL Korea”, “Please Take Care of My Fridge”?

A: If I had to choose one, it would be “Three Meals A Day”. I think it would allow me to show myself in a natural way. And I like cooking and using my body.

If you wanna read another interview Q&A you can go here. There also questions about MLSHR ;)

Oh my God. I'm dead. he's too perfect to be real, whoever he eventually ends up with will be so lucky hahaha.

Also, joining all who are ready to forgive Yo everything if he' the reason WS and HS will have a bedscenee. You want the throne?? Take it as long as you don't interrupt our OTP!!!!! Yes the thirst is too real hahah

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 12 & 13 Recap – Uprising

Hide contents

I’d love to see Hae-Soo’s heart finally opening up to him. I’d also love to see her come out of the constant depression. She used to smile a lot but now she’s mostly exhausted and sad. Of course, she lost her best friend, was tortured, and has terrible visions of the future – that would make most people depressed. But she’s also got a couple hot princes vying for her love. Don’t forget to count your blessings, Hae-Soo!

I also would love to have couple hot princes vying for my love to escape from my depression. Bring them to me!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:
  Hide contents

I so hope that you are wrong about Bo Gom! No! I like him so much in Reply 1988, he should marry a beautiful girl and have many cute babies! The same about Junki, but to be honest this thought occurred me when I watched My girl-I thought-ah, this guy is too girly and cute probably he is a gay. But I also hope that I'm wrong.

O em ji..... I'm so sorry for being rude...really sorry but what kind a crap is that????!!!! I just knew about this off topic things and backtracked the post to find the origin...this is really a crap ... I'm sorry i just can't help my self for not saying that this is too much....

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

That's is his signature style. Lee Joon Gi mentioned in the interview that the Director portrays his artsy side on the film. (In his previous drama he did the same but it fits for a modern melodrama and the casts are established actors.) But sometimes I think it is overbearing as it may be relevant in focusing more on the characters portraying the emotions but in a Saeguk drama and especially with less experienced casts except for LJG, Kang Haneul, Kang Hanna (is fine) and the veteran supporting casts, it brings more critiques than good. I have recently watched a film where it does feature close-ups but it is done rightfully, not too much and not too-in-the-face. I'm sure we have more of LJG in actions in the upcoming scenes. If not, I'm going to flip table. Haha! Wang So meant to feature and shine more in the latter part of the film so we can expect and feast our eyes on his majestic being and action scenes! Kekekeke.

P.S. This might be an unpopular opinion but while I think the Director uses too many a times of close-up, his aesthetic brilliance can be seen from the great cinematography. Hope for his next film, he come to understands where to use close-ups rightfully. And do not forsake one stamps or style in the expense of how the film is to be portrayed and conveyed to the viewers.

I think you mean with that winter the wind blows? I remember watching many song hye kyo's close up scenes and I admired her beauty from that close up scene. The director is so talented in making great cinematography if the scenes are taken from afar, I think.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I think you mean with that winter the wind blows? I remember watching many song hye kyo's close up scenes and I admired her beauty from that close up scene. The director is so talented in making great cinematography if the scenes are taken from afar, I think.

I was talking about It's Okay, That's Love but That winter the wind blows also features close up scenes. 

• Like 9