Quantcast
Jump to content
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Recommended Posts

Guest Sleepietake2

I think the most upsetting part for me regarding this whole dragged out WookSo love line is the fact that we barely have ANY SoSoo moments at all.  I've just watched a 20 episode drama were I see the main leads in 85% of every single episode.  And yet we barely got to see any So at the beginning, much less SoSoo.

Truthfully, I can careless if this drama is accurately following the Cdrama timeline regarding number of minutes or hours spent with the WookSo couple before HS falls for So, or how it's not the number of episodes but the number of YEARS SoSoo are together in the story.  What kind of epic love can they show us if we're not actually SEEING and investing those hours into their story???  All I care about is the fact that we only have 7 episodes left and that means only 7 potential hours left of our OTP screen time and even with those 7 hours there's going to be so much happening.  When will SoSoo have time to be happy? And even if they did it would be very brief glimpses.

I've stopped hoping and with all of the recent disappointments and frustration I don't even look forward to next week episodes anymore because I know that they are only tricking me.  They give us a few seconds of sweetness shown in the teaser and yet when we actually watch the episode it will be filled with turmoil and very little SoSoo.  I feel like I have been constantly lied to every single week.  THis drama had the potential to be so much more.  I really don't understand what is the logic behind the way the writer decided to present this story.  I wish they could have put more thought into how it will make the viewership feel to spend 13 episodes on a ship that was never meant to be.  Lee Joon Gi was completely wasted on this drama, Wang So as a character deserved so much more in his story than what he's received so far.  That's all I have to say, I hope i am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im done watching 13 raw. and i find my byuntae soul has grow bigger and bigger as i keep replay the kiss scene from the preview... my god... i am a sinfull human being..

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory is that when Yo is king, he would extract his revenge and if HS is held hostage, WS has to do his bidding. which is killing the brothers in order to protect his own throne. Probably Yo made WS marry Yeonhwa to richard simmons him off or that WS knows that in order to get rid of Yo is to marry somebody that is able to help him become king aka Yeonhwa. Or WS married Yeonhwa since he pity her and wanted to save her from Yo's wrath. These are the route the writers can take.

I believe that when WS has to do Yo's bidding killing more people, etc just to protect HS she probably will feel guilty and falls ill like what happen to Ruoxi. Her hardship days the torture, and the time she was a watermaid which includes her depression cause her to fall sick and like before in order to get away from all of it is to leave the palace. I think WS knows that HS is a bird that wants to be free from the cage so he let her go with 14th away unless they do like what BBJX does, 4th really didn't want to let her go till 8th went and pissed him off with their past romance and he told her to go. HS knows her time is limit and spends everyday remembering WS and in her memory she remember her first time meeting him and the kisses he put on her. All the sad moments, all the happy moments and the time he protected her and in the end she dies without 4th near her and when they report her death thats when 4th goes crazy as he lost the light of his life so he turn cruel 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LoveSG I think we all love to be in the child's position next week, holding Lee Jun Gi's hand. :blush:

@lavendre I also think she didn't want him dead - partly probably because of Lady Hae. Even if their ship sunk, I think she still has a soft spot for him when it comes to her cousin. And I think asking her that just solidifies the wall between him that they are not meant together. So like @Claudia Koh said, she wanted to prevent more killings because he himself told her that he would march into the palace with Yo. Even if there's no more romantic feelings between them, she cares for all prince and he was once her brother-in-law.

7 hours ago, Siracusa said:

 

Yes! That is also my idea for season 2. Modern times, the brothers are now chaebols fighting to be the next CEO but all the souls are swapped. Soo's bestie is still BA but now he is played by Hong Jong Hyun (currently playing Yo). We'll leave IU and Lee Joon Gi to play the same characters because they are so adorable together. 

I actually love to see Lee Jun Gi going crazy and evil like Wook in the modern version, if there's one. That would be totally awesome. To have him go wild!!!

6 hours ago, ceda209 said:

 I find it ironic that WS has been wearing a mask practically all his life, but the mask doesn’t hide who he really is.  Whereas, WW has always shown his face, but really hiding behind an invisible mask. 

 

He really is a wolf, isn't he? And a very and extremely dangerous wolf ( I shouldn't use both very and extremely together) but he's the most dangerous one out there right now. Yo is evil and he wants the throne but he just can't be calculative enough to handle everything like Wook.

4 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

 

But @briseis, how sure are we that it's a break-up that will inevitably cause them to part? We assume that ML will still somewhat mirror BBJX to some extent, but I'm not entirely convinced that the Gwangjong in Haesoo's vision will turn out to be the unyielding and harsh ruler in her vague recollections. We've seen for ourselves that So is fundamentally a good person, one who has found more of his humanity because of Soo. I think learning too that he was actually loved by his father this whole time will make a huge impact on his character and persona. How could it not...when all this time he thought no one cared?  What if Haesoo discovers during their time together that the feared Gwangjong of her visions, was in actuality, just a king who was forced time and time again to make some very hard choices?

If I'm correct, perhaps dissension among the clans causes So to be besieged with attempts on Soo's life...because everyone will know, Soo is his biggest weakness. What if, aware of Jung's love, dedication and loyalty to Soo, So asks him to hide her somewhere she will be safe? As Jung becomes more re-known for his military prowess and fighting skills, he might end up being the only one he entrusts with Soo's safety. And perhaps during this separation, she either succumbs to illness or is inadvertently killed in an assassination or kidnapping attempt?

Just throwing these questions and theories out as an alternative ending to So and Soo's pairing. Since honesty has always been one of the cornerstones of their relationship, I just can't envision it being a misunderstanding, jealousy or insecurity that will drive them apart. For me, what would make their romance more tragic is to be separated, not when their love is being tested, but rather when their love is at its most secure. How devastating it would be to So if Soo was taken from him when both are finally looking forward to their future together.

I think in this case, So trusts Baek Ah more than Jung. Jung is more likely to align himself with Wook (not fully knowing the extent of his dark nature because he sees So as the one ruining the happy moments.

@UnniSarah He could have but like @bebebisous33 said that he has always wanted to become king and I actually believe this part is true regardless of whether he turns his back on Soo during the rain scene or leaves the capital with her and goes back to Hwangjung and leads a happy life. The turning point is that finding his sister to be the one after and her words just wake up his most inner desire that he has suppressed for so long. Again, I don't blame him for choosing his family but like someone also said and I agreed with that is Wook doesn't say everything out. It goes along with what everyone is saying today is that he wants no error. That's who he is. So even if King Taejo won't kill Wook if he calls out Queen Yoo, he himself still wouldn't do that because he wants the throne. It just the one who triggers that happens to be his sister. That ruins what he wants to do which is to leave the capital and live with Hae Soo. His mother also has allowed that. There is a chance that he may come back for the throne even if he leaves with Hae Soo but maybe living together with Hae Soo can also kill off the fire calling for the throne in him. So Yeon Hwa really just brings him pain so now he has no more love for her as a brother. think If it was another person or in a different situation, it might have been different.


@ddeokbokkii I like your thoughts. Even if she has some feelings for So, she is like her brother. Can't look at the appearance and sees everything from that person. And someone really should photoshop her with the neon sign.

@violet90 I think that there was really no misunderstanding between the 4th prince and Ruoxi / Hae Soo. I think it's just because Ruoxi / Hae Soo comes from the modern world versus the Qing dynasty / Goryeo era. The system and beliefs are different. She just can't accept his ways or actions while he's the king with a lot of things going on, he wants to stabilizing the kingdom and makes sure she's not hurt because he doesn't want to see Ruoxi / Hae Soo suffering like the 13th prince. It hurts even more when they're deeply in love.

@MAROSA_JIN Thank you for posting the lyrics. The song actually reminds me of the theme song in Lee Jun Gi's other drama - Time Between Dog and Wolf. It was called Foolish Love. Just the lyrics really reminded me of that but this one is sadder than the Foolish Love (MC The Max sang that song).

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

But did he really want to give up the throne? He said it so to Hae Soo, but just because he told her that, doesn't mean that it is true.  I don't believe him for the simple reason that he could have just chosen Hae Soo after the poisoning. But he didn't. He did not do it in order to protect his sister and his family too. Like I mentioned it yesterday, Yeon Hwa's points were that he always wanted to become king.

@fuyukoneko I agree with @bebebisous33 on this one I just watch ep 12 and it's point on with WW and WS called it just how he saw him he gave him the benefit to prove to HS how much he loved her and proved her innocent but he choose to ignore her and turn his back and kept his back turned for a whole year.. Even without him being there he knew what was going on with her.. WW wanted to use Ws for and excuse to what happen to HS but he's the blame for it all because he's after the throne himself and claim he can't go against his majesty orders but he'll go against those orders to become King.. But Ws blatantly told WW that he used his family to cover his being a coward and for using Lady Oh..

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

If I'm correct, perhaps dissension among the clans causes So to be besieged with attempts on Soo's life...because everyone will know, Soo is his biggest weakness. What if, aware of Jung's love, dedication and loyalty to Soo, So asks him to hide her somewhere she will be safe? As Jung becomes more re-known for his military prowess and fighting skills, he might end up being the only one he entrusts with Soo's safety. And perhaps during this separation, she either succumbs to illness or is inadvertently killed in an assassination or kidnapping attempt?

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I had the same thought... he even mentioned that Hae Soo couldn't leave without his permission and for me, it is pretty clear that he will make her leave,, he will give her the permission. One possible reason: Yeon Hwa... Maybe Wang So will discover that she was involved in the poisoning. Since Taejo and lady Oh's relationship resembles Wang So-Hae Soo, I have the impression that their fate will be a little different. Lady Oh stayed by his side the entire time but Wang So is different from his father, since he only chose to become king in order to help Hae Soo. So he never had the ambition in himself.  

 

@bebebisous33 Of course Soo is going to be WS biggest weakness but WS telling YH without HS he is nobody OUCH that must have hurted our princess pride to be turn down by the moster that she claims to be in love with for a long time.. So we will see both her and the evil Queen using HS has there pawn in the game of the throne.. Queen Yoo felt that sting YH gave her and she's going to make her pay for be it through her or her mom.. Once Queen Yoo finds out Yh is going after Ws she subject to let Ws marry Hs just to richard simmons YH off and make her a second wife.. By this time I guess enough clans has got together and force a marriage between YH and WS. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

 

@fuyukoneko... I enjoyed reading your defense on Wang Wook. THese are valid points and as @bebebisous33 @valsava .. I kinda agree with their point of view on Wang Wook. Your is also valid chingu. Seeing Wang Wook calculative ways makes me believe he knows how to play chess very well and could have manipulated the evidence where his sister and mom would be safe.

 

@UnniSarah  Anybody that sit up and stare at a person is not only thinking of that person but making calculations as WW was he was always a chess player in the game of the throne but made himself looks to be innocent with no desire for the throne.. I hate people like this because as I have said since ep 1 His character is to nice and to nice is shady for me he got something to hide with a hidden motive, Well that motive is the throne and he will team up with anyone and stab them in the back to make himself look good. I tell you he wants them to take each other out as he manipulate the situation him and his sister while they reap the benefits..   

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet it is Wook's idea to marry So off ! He made Wang Mo give his daughter to Wang So, to hurt  Soo and cause So-Soo to argue and split.

Wook you sneaky sneaky sneaky bastard! :angry:

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mochimaniac said:
  Hide contents

everyone does realize there is a scarlet heart TWO out, right!?!??? C-version but it is out.  jus sayin.

 

Spoiler

Yes there is a part two of Scarlet Heart which is modern day version, but most of the cast that was in part 1 didn't appear in part 2 and they added more characters in it. Truthfully it was a drag just that at the end both 4th and Ruoxi ended up finally together.

 

I would be happy if they were to do a modern day version like cversion but a different plot cause it would seem to have more twist and turn in modern day plot compare to ancient time. I think the writers are trying to make sure they don't change the history too much so they have a to work within the box to make sure history is still accurate and that it make sense. But with modern time, they can do freewrite and they have no boundaries regarding history etc so if there were to do modern day plot it would probably be better than the ancient version. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I just got a pretty anxiety-inducing thought:

If Yo's back in the palace to stay (for 3 years or so), Wook and his family are probably in danger. Yo's likely been plotting and/or training in some Karate Kid montage and thinking of how Wook betrayed him. His first order of business as King would probably be to get of rid of Wook and his family. I don't know how far his feelings for Yeonhwa will go but she'll probably be desperate to save her family (and Wook?) and herself since Yo can probably force her to marry him.

Here's where an alignment with So comes in. Through marriage, she's safe from Yo (well, to the extent that So would be safe) and the Hwangbo clan acts as a base of power (along with CP's in-law clan) for So to grab the throne. Of course, the question here is how So is convinced to marry her. And I've been thinking: if Soo is threatened by Yo being King, could So be persuaded into a marriage of convenience with Yeonhwa?

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if show doesn't give me the full kiss scene and hae soo chasing wangso next week i will stab myself with that goddamned hairpin

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hanazumi

the misunderstand that i mention is RX think that 4th hate her that's why he did not even visit her when she waiting for him every single day and 4th do not believe that RX really love him... she dies thinking the man that she love hate her and 4th.... the regret when he read that letter is so heartbreaking there is absolutely nothing he can do because she already gone...

that's why the ending is so cruel.. after all that they been through in the end they both suffer without each other.....

but either way i agree that HS will be hurting more and more because she love WS but can't accept KG... 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST WAS HIS ATTITUDE TO HIS BROTHER AND HE HAS NOT SEEN HER IN A YEARRRRRRRR!!! I thought Hae Soo was the love of his life . bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gifbad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gifbad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif and now he is going to try to win back her love. freezing-onion-head-emoticon.giffreezing-onion-head-emoticon.gif When hell freezes over before that happens. He has dissappointed her to much. That lack of trust is what killed their relationship. I will say this When Hae Soo loves she loves very deeply and is very loyal to that person. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif NOw that love will be for Wang So alone.  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

@UnniSarah My bad for cutting your post but I had to comment on this with a question to you all,

Didn't that scene made it seemn like WW knew WS was on his way back to the palace and went to see her to try and strike up old feelings in her so she wouldn't give in to WS. To me this is more of his calculating moves..  WW is using HS he's milking her for all he can get out of her being next to WS.. This isn't love or lust it's just pure minpulatation and calculation in my opinion. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jetsu said:

Since there's 2 versions .... we might have 2 different endings.  Jung and Soo's scene was not in the SBS version .... it's that hinting something?

 

sorry do you mean this Korean drama has 2 versions ? where can I watch the both or how to know more about that ?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i notice that all OST have one thing in common....

fate won't let them be together in this era...

but if they meet again they will never let go of each other....

i think its a hint of the ending.. that's why the journey will be sad but the ending is happy.....

i just waiting for my SoHae couple to sail and be with them until the end... 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wangnyeo said:

sorry do you mean this Korean drama has 2 versions ? where can I watch the both or how to know more about that ?

About the versions:

Spoiler

I have sent you PM. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone point me to the preview please? I watched the subbed episode but the comments here are making my head spin. Did I watch the same show as you guys? I usually manage to watch the raw episode and there's no confusion. I woke up late today and only the subbed version is available.  This is one darn idiotic pre produced drama debaccle with the 2 versions. 

 

I need to rewatch the preview a few times to see what happened in the time jump. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Man, I just got a pretty anxiety-inducing thought:

If Yo's back in the palace to stay (for 3 years or so), Wook and his family are probably in danger. Yo's likely been plotting and/or training in some Karate Kid montage and thinking of how Wook betrayed him. His first order of business as King would probably be to get of rid of Wook and his family. I don't know how far his feelings for Yeonhwa will go but she'll probably be desperate to save her family (and Wook?) and herself since Yo can probably force her to marry him.

Here's where an alignment with So comes in. Through marriage, she's safe from Yo (well, to the extent that So would be safe) and the Hwangbo clan acts as a base of power (along with CP's in-law clan) for So to grab the throne. Of course, the question here is how So is convinced to marry her. And I've been thinking: if Soo is threatened by Yo being King, could So be persuaded into a marriage of convenience with Yeonhwa?

If he was persuaded into a marriage of convenience with Yeon Hwa, then I finally begin to understand her character's tagline. Maybe she's grateful that he accepted the marriage proposal whether it was to save Soo or she just wanted to save herself from Yo, she will make sure he's at least not harmed. And even if Wook was behind the setup of So's marriage to his niece, I can still picture him working with Yeon Hwa and So to make sure Soo's safe. I don't think Wook wants Yo to harm her even if he wants to beat So, kill Yo and get the throne.

In the original, all the princes did work together to make sure the 2nd prince didn't marry Ruoxi. So the situation that @millie10468 mentioned can be thought of as parallel to that somwhat.

32 minutes ago, violet90 said:

@Hanazumi

the misunderstand that i mention is RX think that 4th hate her that's why he did not even visit her when she waiting for him every single day and 4th do not believe that RX really love him... she dies thinking the man that she love hate her and 4th.... the regret when he read that letter is so heartbreaking there is absolutely nothing he can do because she already gone...

that's why the ending is so cruel.. after all that they been through in the end they both suffer without each other.....

but either way i agree that HS will be hurting more and more because she love WS but can't accept KG... 

Oh, I get your point. I totally forgot that she did feel that way :).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Can someone point me to the preview please? I watched the subbed episode but the comments here are making my head spin. Did I watch the same show as you guys? I usually manage to watch the raw episode and there's no confusion. I woke up late today and only the subbed version is available.  This is one darn idiotic pre produced drama debaccle with the 2 versions. 

 

I need to rewatch the preview a few times to see what happened in the time jump. 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sleepietake2 said:

I think the most upsetting part for me regarding this whole dragged out WookSo love line is the fact that we barely have ANY SoSoo moments at all.  I've just watched a 20 episode drama were I see the main leads in 85% of every single episode.  And yet we barely got to see any So at the beginning, much less SoSoo.

Truthfully, I can careless if this drama is accurately following the Cdrama timeline regarding number of minutes or hours spent with the WookSo couple before HS falls for So, or how it's not the number of episodes but the number of YEARS SoSoo are together in the story.  What kind of epic love can they show us if we're not actually SEEING and investing those hours into their story???  All I care about is the fact that we only have 7 episodes left and that means only 7 potential hours left of our OTP screen time and even with those 7 hours there's going to be so much happening.  When will SoSoo have time to be happy? And even if they did it would be very brief glimpses.

I've stopped hoping and with all of the recent disappointments and frustration I don't even look forward to next week episodes anymore because I know that they are only tricking me.  They give us a few seconds of sweetness shown in the teaser and yet when we actually watch the episode it will be filled with turmoil and very little SoSoo.  I feel like I have been constantly lied to every single week.  THis drama had the potential to be so much more.  I really don't understand what is the logic behind the way the writer decided to present this story.  I wish they could have put more thought into how it will make the viewership feel to spend 13 episodes on a ship that was never meant to be.  Lee Joon Gi was completely wasted on this drama, Wang So as a character deserved so much more in his story than what he's received so far.  That's all I have to say, I hope i am wrong.

Mmmm chingu @Sleepietake2 I enjoyed reading your post and let me tell chingu. It is a theme in KDrama where the OTP never everv get lots of screen time. It is always the second leads who gets the majority of screen time. I understand your frustration chingu and have faith they will SoSoo/SoHae as memorable to us viewers. I believe that we will see this happen. JUst yesterday, I was planing to stop watching this drama but today's episode just got may attention on our beautiful OTP love line is about to begin. 

33 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes there is a part two of Scarlet Heart which is modern day version, but most of the cast that was in part 1 didn't appear in part 2 and they added more characters in it. Truthfully it was a drag just that at the end both 4th and Ruoxi ended up finally together.

 

I would be happy if they were to do a modern day version like cversion but a different plot cause it would seem to have more twist and turn in modern day plot compare to ancient time. I think the writers are trying to make sure they don't change the history too much so they have a to work within the box to make sure history is still accurate and that it make sense. But with modern time, they can do freewrite and they have no boundaries regarding history etc so if there were to do modern day plot it would probably be better than the ancient version. 

I too want a part 2 but i don't think it will happen @Immortal_Angel.. It makes me so sad their won't be a part 2 as long as they give us great ending i will be happy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...