[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Damn, I knew this drama wouldn't be a happy one, but I never expected to care so much for the characters, especially Soo and So. Can we just skip the whole suffering part and let them be happily married with a beautiful family?!

I'm can't bear the thought that their happiness will not last longer  :(

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

what is the purpose of king marrying wang so to his daughter ?

just because he trust so ? or so then wang so can become the next king ?

basically to tie wangso to his family . wangso won't be able to betray the king easily then (alliance through marriage), making wangso truly one of his people , and possibly to give wangso a higher chance of getting the throne ^^

• Like 8

Man, I wasn't even touched when Wook said, "I love you." to Soo. Not because I'm a SoSoo shipper, but because the foundation of their love was so weak. They had all these pretty scenes in the beginning of the drama, but they never hit me in the heart like SoSoo scenes do. With them, I just sighed.  

But when So says, "I love you." to Soo. OHMYGERD! I melt, and I'm sure Soo must've become a puddle too. Coupled with all those heartbreaking and happy scenes between them, his words radiate in me much more because the foundation of their love is so much stronger. That journey of theirs was a rough one. It finally got there, but it was a long and hard road. His words, I believe him MUCH more than I would believe Wook, in terms of loving Soo. We've been watching the differences between the two men in Soo's life. We know who actually LOVE Soo more, and can prove it. Us as audience can finally say, "Ah, now I get it. It makes sense why Soo choose So." And even the sad times between So and Soo becomes party of their love story - it's not always rainbows and butterflies, but it's those developments that make all the happy ones so much more satisfying and heart felt. The rarer, the more beautiful and powerful. And yes to someone saying there should be a bed scene. I want marriage and kids too. I want a happy ending! Gaaah. I can't think straight.

I am going to drive happily to school now and my classmates will think I've gone crazy. This drama (aside from seeing/being with my boyfriend) is the only thing I look forward to after class. My classmates always ask me where I go after lab since I always seem to disappear right after, and they realized now that I rush home and forget social outings just to binge on this drama. This drama makes me happy. It takes away my stress from school. It makes me believe even more in love and that it prevails (yes, I do love strongly). My boyfriend and I watch the drama together. He enjoys it too, mostly the throne fighting aspect, but he is also rooting for SoSoo. I am amazed at times that he catches things I miss while watching together. He saw the breakup between WookSoo even before me. And he tells me not to give up on them. He empathizes with So - he understands him and that's why he says to be patient and says, "Don't worry, baby. Soo will come around. Isn't that how I got you?" Hahaha! I'm so pathetic.  All because of this drama.  xD

• Like 23

Ahhhhh! Thank you guys for the live recap and just the reaction posts! My heart swelled with joy reading everything, especially with our ship finally being able to sail. :wub: I don't know how I can get through the week without being consumed with what is to come in the upcoming episodes; my studies are already suffering. :sweatingbullets: Please let our OTP experience unadulterated happiness and joy - they deserve it, WE deserve it! 

• Like 8

Wang Yo's hair reminds me of the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz  lol2 onion head  and when the evil queen came out with the gray hair I thought it was a spirit haunting the palace scary onion head  

I cannot keep seeing Wang Wook as the perfect prince of the beginning of the story, his behaviour is typical of a coward who does not accept that acted wrongly with the woman who supposedly he loved and even promised to protect. He is selfish because he pretends to keep her attached to him in a way or another (surely by force if she is in love of Wang So).

Episode 14 will be the started of SoSoo romance but I wonder how many obstacles they will have to overcome and how much time they're going to be together?

• Like 11

I am quite happy with today's episode. There indeed has been a turnaround with WWxHS relationship and the ship for SoHae is just sailing! Next ep the rowing scene makes this phrase literal. 

There's also the moment of doubt that WS had towards WH but i was very moved by HS who came in to vouch for her as her friend. BA also showed how much he loved her by trusting her without reasons - this is so different from WW and HS would have the eyes to see for herself what true love really is. 

Other than SoHae, I'm also glad with how far Baek Ah x Woo Hee has gone. Their understanding for each other deepened as did their love and then the forest scene certainly nailed it! The moments of BAxWH has never been better than before! Makes it hard not to make them your fav OTP as well <3 <3

• Like 8

1 hour ago, smhelen said:

That's right. She seems to worry about everyone else but her protector and the man who truly loves her and stood by her. She is an imbecile. 

That's because she knew that he will live and will became the king but about the others she knew nothing.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, finebyme said:

I think it would also depend on who gives birth to next male heir or CP. 

I think even in the history they know a child that young will not be able to safely conceive and deliver a child. If WS does marry YH, she would would be able to conceive and bear a child way before the first wife even hits puberty!

But according to history, Gwangjong never had a child with Princess Gyeonghwagung. This development really confused me. 

On a side note, the child actress is really lucky to get the chance to be married to Lee Joon Gi on-screen. I envy her for that. :confounded:

• Like 10

@Gabi Bros LOL at your "I hugged Hae Soo" part. Joke aside, I have to admit that I am excited for next week episodes where Hae Soo is finally awaken and has long awaited lovey dovey scenes with our Wang So. She is finally reciprocating his love. Better Late than never.

One thing though, when Hae Soo confronted Darth Wook after Crown Prince came back, She told him that she could leave the palace with him now. Did she truly mean what she said or was she testing him? 

• Like 6

I thought i would flip table and throw everything to my screen again after  watch ep 13...but thanks im wrong...because im still frustatred, tonight i choose to sleep early than read the live recaps, but look here i am, as soon as i woke up read live recaps was the first thing that i did. I successfully catch up from page 928 to 955.....kyaaaaaaaaa...at least i dont frustrated like what i did yesterday when read live recap..its so thrilling just by reading the battle and all action scene *yeah so epic* and sad when king taejo death (and WS cried...i cant my heart). Yeah im satisfied enough with tonight episode,,,

sooooo the most important things from tonight episode FINALLY WOOKSOO SHIP OFFICIALLY SUNK!!!!!

lets shoot manse  cheer2 onion head  

manse  cheer1 onion head

manse  cheer3 onion head this is what im waiting for...and it finally happen after 6 weeks waiting..jinjja himdeulooo...

and wow WW you never disappointed me...once you decided to become evil you go all the way.....such a sly fox mouse girl 27 ...what a moron jinjjaa hate onion head ...make me want to slap you mouse-girl-emoticon-29.gif?1292795472  but make me adore KHN more mouse girl 13 ...yeah you did it again!!!! 

Spoiler

i want to abandon sosoo ship after last night episode...but the preview lure me to jump again at sosoo ship...i still got butterfly and my heart burst out happily when watch the kiss on preview...ohhhh i guess i cant lie to my heart that i ship this couple despite my disappointment to HS, yeah maybe i just want WS to be happy..to smile like in the preview, a genuine smile not a fake smile (that hide his pain inside)..The stage of WS-HS kiss scene:

1. Forced kiss  crying1 onion head

2. surprised kiss  mouse girl 06

3. pressing lips kiss  mouse girl 15 can i hope for the next stage would be 4. open mouth kiss (kyaaaaaaaaa  embarrassed4 onion headembarrassed1 onion head ) or maybe make a baby kiss.....ups oooohhhhhhhh ( bled1 onion headmouse girl 25 )

i guess we can sleep soundly tonight  dreaming onion head lemme be happy at least just one episode (maybe), why CP reign isnt long 3 for 4 episode???and why didnt it started earlier???? then i can get so many sweet OTP scene....

• Like 14

So much has been happening in the recent episodes that I've gotten confused :sweatingbullets: can someone explain to me what seohyuns character brings to the story line, who is she? I thought she was a homeless woman who tried to kill the king but instead stabbed baek ah lol. She kind of just randomly popped up. Also how did this poison thing come about?? How did it even happen when everyone knew about it ?? Thank you :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Instagram by Seohyun...with Baek Ah and So!

Does somebody remember someone posted a picture of BA, WH and WS/HS eating together like commoners, wearing commoners clothes too - I think that's the clue for next episode, perhaps when they're on the run? 

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I'm quite pragmatic when it comes to drama reviews. Also there is a lot of illogical things with this episode such as Soo attending king in musuri status, Queen of white hair etc etc, but I think I know a good thing when I see one.

Today's winner is no doubt badass Wook. I like him much better when he is being cold and precise instead of stuttering like a fool. Kang Ha Neul, you shine really well today. His badass side bring memories of his creepiness in Missing Noir M.

That So vs Wook clash? Yum!! More please!

Isn't it possible the King just asked for her. Doesn't seem quite illogical to me considering she's the only connection he has to his beloved Lady Oh.

And, uh, as for the Queen's white hair...um...just take it as stress did it. Reminds me of Kaneki Ken of Tokyo Ghoul fame and his hair that turned white (gray) due to severe physical and psychological torture. It's called the Marie Antoinette syndrome (a sudden whitening of the hair. The event that named the syndrome was the observation that the hair of Queen Marie Antoinette of France turned stark white after her capture after the ill-fated Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution).

Although I don't think Queen Yoo was stressed or tortured enough to have that phenomenon occur, just take it as it was. Maybe the King's death, Yo's rebellion and death was stress enough for her delicate self.

On another note, I see people wondering about where Yeonhwa fits into the picture if So marries Mu's daughter first. Well, as my drama watching has taught me, it's possible Mu's daughter is becoming So's concubine and not his wife, leaving that position open for Yeonhwa. However, even if she's becoming his official wife, some Chinese systems did allow for the future empress to be chosen from the King's wives. Basically, just because you were married when the guy became King didn't guarantee that you'd be Empress when all things were considered, such as family, power, etc (see Cdrama "Singing All Along") So it's possible that both Yeonhwa and Mu's niece will be So's wives but something disqualifies the niece (such as her age?) and therefore Yeonhwa becomes the obvious choice for Empress once So ascends.

• Like 10

Is it just me or does the beginning of the SBS preview seem like its mixed from two episodes? One where HS is wearing the blue outfit and doesn't seem happy and the other one where she's wearing court lady outfit and is very happy.

Which one do you think happens later?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

she knows he is going to live for next 60 odd years.. whereas she knows that others are going to die early .. :)

so not too sure of imbecile.. come what may, WS is not dying.. ofc she would worry abt others

I have my bias which is So. But it seems the picture has been cleared and So is not that all kill machine she foresaw him to be. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

Hide contents

so...... hae soo's fate will be like lady oh sang gong, they just see their loved one from far

writer-nim please make moon lovers sequel modern era :phew:

Hello!, I'm not sure I understand what you trying to tell me, are you asking me for a sequel to this drama?. Sorry, I'm not the writer of this drama.

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

My dear chingu:), I wasn't surprised at all. Notice that his way of killing is alwaysre to attack from behind! But not only that, he attacks from afar, he is always hidden:

- episode 2: he killed the assasin by throwing the knife.

- episode 11: he killed the maid with the hairpin/needle.

- episode 13: he tried to kill Yo by shooting an arrow.

When he used his sword against Yo, the latter didn't see him coming. Wang Wook used his sword from behind!

As conclusion, Wang Wook is someone who doesn't like to fight fair!! That's the difference between Wang So and Wang Wook. The former might have "killed" his brother, but it was fair and square. Both had swords and Yo could defend himself. He prefers killing from behind or from faraway and this reveals his really dark side: ruthless, cruel and cunning! He is really dangerous and now, I am wondering if Wang Wook will try to help Wang Yo again, when the latter is supposed to be dead as Wang Wook will see that Hae Soo is now supporting Wang So. Here again, Wang Wook might betray Wang Yo latter again, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

@bebebisous33.. You are right he always choose to work behind the scenes so no one could ever see his moves. He moves only when he is certain "HE IS ALWAYS SAFE". I believe that by doing that just proves he isn't certain he can win fair and square, he can only work discreetly so he can win. People like that forget being secretive can get you so far because there will always be someone smarter and better in everything they do. 

30 minutes ago, chelseab said:

Sorry but his part need to be corrected. Wook lied because he didn't plan to aim the vacant seat. He plan to betray Yo.

And talk about love and go any length for haesoo. Hmm, if he loved her in the first place. No need for him to test her, as far as I know you can't never love someone you can't trust. Testing her means he never trust her. If he trust her even if she feed him poison he will eat it, he would put his life in her hands. But what wook do is pretend to give false information to haesoo to see if she will risk his life by telling this to other people while at the same time he has a backup plan to use CP and Yo to save himself . He will never go anywhere or any length for love. People like wook have no need for love, He need POWER.

@chelseab I agree, WW had no right to test her, for what reason and I believe she past the test because she did not tell SO who was the one who told her and she asked WS not to kill WW. He agree to be cautious with Wang Wook. Unlike Wang Wook had a plan in place to clear his name and make him look like a HERO. HE did not trust her and because of his jealousy towards Wang So, he couldn't see that Hae Soo does care for all the Princes.

• Like 7