[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Girls Generation's Seohyun Joins Star-Studded 'Moon Lovers' Cast

Seohyun

The list of stars keeps growing. The latest star to join the upcoming drama "Moon Lovers" is Girls Generation member Seohyun.

The singer-actress joins Lee Jun Ki, IU, Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, EXO's Baekhyun, Nam Joo Hyuk and Ji Soo

read more http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/111728/20160107/girls-generations-seohyun-joins-star-studded-moon-lovers-cast.htm

• Like 5

I am not sure if I will watch this remake!!! I am so attached to  the original series.  Good luck on this one!!! Please fan of these young stars, don't shoot me just voicing my opinion, I live in a democracy with free speech.

• Like 5

A Look at the Chinese Versus Korean Casts of Bu Bu Jing Xin

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/01/07/a-look-at-the-chinese-versus-korean-casts-of-bu-bu-jing-xin/

drvr

I’m not sure why I remain so optimistic about the upcoming K-version of Bu Bu Jing Xin, other than I’m most likely still not jaded as a drama watcher and enjoy the excitement of happy anticipation. Even though I love the novel and C-drama adaptation to pieces, neither are masterpieces without flaws, and what makes them so near and dear for me is how visceral the story connected with me rather than being an untouchable ideal.

That means that K-version can succeed even if it changes elements up and doesn’t have a cast nearly as talented as the C-version. I can’t say the C-cast are all award winning caliber, though a few are, but above all else each lead delivered career breakthrough level performances and captured the chemistry of both romance, rivalry, and sibling intensity. Check out both casts side-by-side and see if visually you can picture it. For whatever reason I’m pretty at peace with the K-casting.

wuxi.jpg

Nicky Wu v. Lee Jun Ki as 4.

Personality in novel: Aloof, reserved, perceptive, incisive, patient, proud.

Relationship with Ruo Xi: Initially she purposely keeps her distance from him because she knows that he is the future Emperor Yongzheng and the ultimate victor of the 9-Prince-Battle. But it’s her wariness and heightened guard against him which intrigues him even more. He genuinely falls in love with her, and it’s a very intense love because he’s the kind of man that rarely lets go of his emotions, but once he does, it’s all or nothing.

But he’s not great husband material since as Emperor he’s forced to take certain actions that may run contrary to what Ruo Xi thinks is right. This ends up driving an increasingly unbridgeable wedge between them. 4th Prince probably isn’t the funnest husband to half, his sense of humor is stuck between negative 1 and occasionally maybe a zero. He’s insanely intelligent, but probably likes reading boring classical texts.

dfsfs

IU vs. Liu Shi Shi as Ruo Xi the time-traveling heroine.

Personality: Independent, thoughtful, practical, spirited, adaptable.

Musings: Ruo Xi doesn’t win all those princely hearts and survive in the Qing Dynasty because she’s so beautiful that men are blinded by her looks. She’s described as merely fresh-faced, but it’s her intelligence and ability to read any situation that gives her the advantage. She’s very tenacious – when she becomes the tea-serving maid to the Emperor, she makes the effort to learn the expertise at brewing tea, for which she wows the Emperor and the princes time and again with her skill. She’s not written as a pure and idealistic heroine, but rather she is exceedingly realistic and not one to toss caution to the wind.

wuxi1.jpg

Kevin Cheng vs. Kang Ha Neul as 8.

Personality: Refined, calm, gentle, passionate, ambitious.

Relationship with Ruo Xi: He fell in love with Ruo Xi first, and wrote her letters during her ten years in the palace serving the Emperor. It wasn’t until they went to Manchuria together with the Emperor that their relationship finally blossomed. Ruo Xi was reluctant to reciprocate his feelings because she knew his ultimate fate in life. But his steady and passionate pursuit of her finally wore down her reluctance and she accepted him. But she still wanted to ensure her own choice would not be doom and gloom, so she forced him to choose between her or pursuing the throne. He could not give up something he worked his entire life towards, so they ultimately broke up and never got another chance again.

• Like 8

Moon Lovers air date, plot rumours:
Will IU and Lee Jun Ki have a happy ending?

Moon Lovers

Kdrama fans are eagerly waiting for "Moon Lovers" as it has a star-studded cast, including big names such as EXO's Baekhyun, Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, Hong Jong Hyun and Girls' Generation member, Seohyun. The show has finalised its cast and according to reports, the show will begin filming in the second week of January 2016. However, will the plot include a happy ending for IU who is the leading lady of "Moon Lovers"?

IU, who plays the character of Jang Hyo, is a 21st century woman who travels through time and becomes an aristocrat's daughter in the 14th century. She is expected to be exuberant and beautiful.

"Moon Lovers" is expected to be aired in September 2016 on SBS. 

rest of the article via

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/moon-lovers-air-date-plot-rumours-will-iu-lee-jun-ki-have-happy-ending-662441

• Like 3

uhmmmm ige mwoya>>??? article says musical actor kim san hoo is favored to

play 9th prince/imprerial crown prince... thought it was already in the bag for Hong Jong Hyun,

if i remember correctly, he was one of the first (aside from kang haneul) to confirm his role...

김산호윤선우

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/827558

hmmm he looks like an older version of 2pm's Taecyeon :) why noooooooooooooooooooooot.... #droll lol

fullsizephoto401755.jpg

Kim San-ho (김산호)

• Like 4

So U, who plays the character of Jang Hyo, is a 21st century woman who travels through time and becomes an aristocrat's daughter in the 14th century. She is expected to be exuberant and beautiful...

SO IS HER SPIRIT/SOUL NOT HER BODY...EVERYBODY WILL THINK IS THE ARISTOCRAT DAUGHTER...I REALLY COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HER TRAVEL...SHE WILL WAKE UP IN THE NOBLE GIRL/WOMAN BODY  WITH HER 21ST CENTURY MEMORIES?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jongski said:

So.. fanmade chart of who's who, who will be rivals,  who will be friends, who'll end up with whom.

As long as I see Ji Soo, and and his brilliant acting, I'm happy.  Can somebody answer, what exactly is the title for the drama is it still Moon Lovers?

Credit:kdramaupdate feed.

recent articles in naver discusess Z. Hera's role

as Soon-Duk is the counterpart of  (Min-Min ), the tomboyish manchuria princess who befriended rouxi

(not 8th prince's wife younger sis / who later married 10th prince as indicated in the chart)

she's in love with 13th prince but was married off to her tutor - (favored by her father)

z-hera-eca780ed97a4eb9dbc-z-hera-born-edtumblr_nno0upHk4F1uo33wjo2_1280.jpg

while SNSD Seohyun's role as Woo-Hee ( a princess who hides her identity as gisaeng) is the counterpart of  LuWu in the c-version...she and 13th had a child (princess chengyuan) while living together in exile...

im looking forward to this triangle as Z.Hera/ SH and 13th prince (NJH) . Luwu and 13th was for me- the most tragic love line in the c-version...(aside of course from that of  4th /lead haesoo/ 14th prince :) )

546e90e23d1245185041ba4df7de0d48.jpg

below is 13th prince and princess Minmin in cversion/

Nam JooHyuk and Z. Hera in k-version

bb18.jpg

and 13th prince and luwu

Nam Joo Hyuk/SeoHyun

ep-5-5-luwu.jpg

• Like 6

SO

IU, who plays the character of Jang Hyo, is a 21st century woman who travels through time and becomes an aristocrat's daughter in the 14th century. She is expected to be exuberant and beautiful.

Nevertheless, she finds herself in situations that are trying and difficult and will be left emotionally vulnerable. This is partly due to the fact that her husband, Wang So (Lee Jung KI), the eighth prince and heir to the throne will be put be in jail for pursing his right as the next emperor.

Will Jang Hyo find a way to get her husband out of prison? Furthermore, will the two leading characters overcome the machinations of a powerful and ruthless kingdom?

(http://www.ibtimes.co.in/moon-lovers-air-date-plot-rumours-will-iu-lee-jun-ki-have-happy-ending-662441)

She is  Wang So (Lee Jung KI) character wife???And she must find a way to get her husband out of prison...i aready love her character

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dulceres said:

I am not sure if I will watch this remake!!! I am so attached to  the original series.  Good luck on this one!!! Please fan of these young stars, don't shoot me just voicing my opinion, I live in a democracy with free speech.

No worries. Although not for same reasons..it's pretty much obvious with all my posts, I'm just watching this for Ji Soo (so fans of other stars...don't shoot me too.. ha ha).   as you mention, democracy with free speech.

But I'm excited for Ji Soo and  for this drama notwithstanding too many flower boys and idols. If the story is such that writing, directing, acting, production is top notch, I'll stay till the end.

I'm going to watch the Cdrama to fully understand this k version. May be I'll be like you, I'll be attached too.

• Like 4

@andy78 There are some discrepancies in the International Business Times article, at least from the novel and what we know of the casting. From what I understand, LJK's role is that of 4th Prince, who finally becomes king. Ruoxi (IU's character Jang Hyo) first loved 8th Prince, then fell in love with 4th Prince but never married him, only becoming his lover and later miscarried his child. 8th Prince (played by Kang Haneul here), was ultmately persecuted, jailed and forced to commit suicide by the 4th Prince. Perhaps the remake will put a different spin on the story, for certainly in the original, 4th Prince was never imprisoned at any time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, liddi said:

@andy78 There are some discrepancies in the International Business Times article, at least from the novel and what we know of the casting. From what I understand, LJK's role is that of 4th Prince, who finally becomes king. Ruoxi (IU's character Jang Hyo) first loved 8th Prince, then fell in love with 4th Prince but never married him, only becoming his lover and later miscarried his child. 8th Prince (played by Kang Haneul here), was ultmately persecuted, jailed and forced to commit suicide by the 4th Prince. Perhaps the remake will put a different spin on the story, for certainly in the original, 4th Prince was never imprisoned at any time.

THANKS...SO 4 TH PRINCE WILL BECOME KING...WHAT HAPPENED WITH RUOXI CHARACTER?USE SPOILER FOR THE ANSWER...

• Like 2

@andy78 Very briefly, in both the book and Cdrama adaptations, Ruoxi's fate is the same:

Spoiler

that after her miscarriage and inability to accept how 4th Prince (by then the king) deals with his enemies, she finds a way to leave him and the palace by revealing how it was her words that set 8th Prince against him in the early days of the Princes' strife, and having 14th Prince claim her as his wife through the previous king's edict. The marriage was merely in name, and her already failing health finally resulted in her death. Just before she died, she wrote a letter to 4th Prince, asking him to see her one last time. Unfortunately the letter was mistakenly set aside due to a misunderstanding, and he only read it after her death, so she died waiting for him in vain, thinking that even towards the end, he refused to see her. As she waited for 4th Prince, she told 14th Prince that in death, she hopes to be able to totally forget everything and everyone in this life.

The Cdrama had a slightly different ending to the novel, whereby:

Spoiler

Upon her death, Ruoxi wakes up in current day, her soul having traveled back to the present. However, she finds to her dismay that she could still remember everything clearly of what happened in that past life. At a museum exhibition, she saw indications that proved that she really did exist in the past. There, she met a man who looked exactly like 4th Prince, but realised in despair that life had played a cruel joke at her expense... that while she could still remember everything despite her express wish to forget, the person she had waited so long to see is now in front of her in the present, but no longer has any idea who she is, nor what they meant to each other.

Please read Koala's discussion on the ending which is a lot more eloquent here. Either way, the novel and Cdrama's endings are utterly devastating... so I cannot really imagine how the remake will have a happy ending unless they totally rewrite it.

• Like 8