Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

Secondly, poison is connected with words. It is also used in the beginning. People are fearing Wang So due to rumours: he killed so many people in Shinju. This kind of rumours are the reason why Wang So is isolated and seen as a wolf dog. Many stories have been told about him, reality disformed so that Wang So has to live as an outcast. Even his own brothers don't know what is true and wrong. The result is that Wang So's isolation makes him suffer. He would like to get loved by his family, yet it is not possible. After Hae Soo met him, his relationship with his brothers change because since Hae Soo symbolises water, she can tamper the effect of the "poisonous" rumors. Baek Ah starts seeing Wang So's true personality. It is as if Hae Soo was diluating the poison as she represents water.

Hi @bebebisous33 brilliant post on 'poison' :D you didn't leave out any sort used in the context of this drama and I loved reading it. And then as usual, I started thinking about it. I just quoted a part of your post to highlight the poisoning in connection to Wang So.

Poisonous words have built up an image of him that is ferocious and savage. So has been on the receiving end of such poison for years. He also has been much abused physically by circumstances and his adopted family in Shinju so that there is still another sort of poison he has been internalizing. In the recent timeline that we see him, direct words by Queen Yu, Wang Yo and even Jung have been used to cut up his emotions. Lastly he took the literal poison as the only way out from the checkmate situation Queen Yu put Hae Su and him in. While slow poisoning/ chronic poisoning (eg. Arsenic, Antimony etc) can kill you over time, on the other hand slow doses of poisoning can also make you immune to it and make you stronger.

In all the other characters we see inevitable signs of deterioration, be it health or the mind, but only in case of So do we see him come out stronger after each dose of poisoning. So he is the only one who has been surviving poisoning for so long and yet again he survived the literal poisoning. I think this foreshadows the fact that in the poisonous royal court of Goryeo the one who will always survive and become stronger is Wang So. The fact that he has been building up his immunity, quite inadvertently, will also help Hae S become  stronger in the long run because he will be there to help her overcome the poisonous atmosphere of the palace.

One other sort of poison- Love. Love as a poison can be clearly seen in case of Hae Su. The love of WW kept HS in an illusory world and didnt let her venture properly into the gruesome and offensive reality of life in Goryeo, dynamics of family, specially the royal family and the greed for power that it entails. And that love has cost her her mentor and mother-like figure. Sure Wook is not to be blamed for the whole poisoning incident but it is undeniable that his sister orchestrated it and had her love for Wook not held her back she and lady Oh may have left the palace by then and not be involved in any of it at all.

One other effect of poisoning- Paralysis- Can be seen in King Taejo. He is so bound by the words and actions of the clans and his love for Wang Mu that he is incapable of justified action. He is helming Goryeo in stall mode.....doing whatever he can to preserve balance in the nation and smoothen the path for Mu regardless of how his other sons may be at life risk (Wang So) and innocent bystanders may end up dead (Lady Oh + Hae Su).

I have 50+ pages to catch up so if this is a repeat of things already said then please bear with me everyone :)

• Like 24

On 9/30/2016 at 1:00 AM, flower4junsu said:

The symptoms that proves you catch Moonlover virus....

1. Directly visit this thread right after getting up from your dream

2. Cannot concentrate at work or school

3. Search any new news related to bts...ost...otp...teaser...etc

4. Watching the previous episodes over and over

5. Everyday keep on thinking what will happen to ws and hs...what is the possible ending??

:cry:

Omo Omo!!! I am suffering from all the symptoms... What i am going to dooo. I am having such great pains from not reading the post.. Struggling to concentrate has chincha chincha kept from catching up on the thread. So now I am at page 807  smh smh smh I am being treated by coworkers like this calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifcalm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif:tears::tears::tears:

@meahri_1.. I Totally agree with about unrequited love. The one doing the loving will always become resentful and will eventually leave them because that love actually becomes toxic. It hurts the one who cares the most especially when that person is much warmer to other people then they ever will be toward them. I think when they love that person they give so much of themselves and receive nothing from them is wrong.  I just can't wait for Hae Soo to realize her love for Wang So. Her love will change her perspective of Wang So. She will get to know him even better and understand what he is doing and why he is doing it.

• Like 21

Bi 1004비 @junghyebi

The Princes saw hae soo?#MoonLovers #ScarletHeartRyeo

5:42 PM - 1 Oct 201

How? Laundry maid dont get to go to the inner palace.

Anyway,  how come it's not monday yet?????

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Wow eagle eyes :dizzy: it's Haesoo in her laundry maid uniform :dizzy: So she will witness So and Wook's fight scene :dizzy:

Definitely eagle eyes @MAROSA_JIN! Well done :) 

Probably not going to happen but in my dreams I will see her "YOU GO WANG SO HANGJANIM! HWAITING! KILL THAT B*STARD!" 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, SizzlerZ said:

Whoaaa! I love your analysis! I think I've officially over used that statement on this forum... 

If things go as you say then I feel that from about half way through Wang Yo's reign to the end of Wang So's reign will be quite difficult and d hard for us viewers because that's when Wang So has to start making some tough decisionsas a political figure. I hope I am wrong but if that does happen by any chance then the ending that you've said will do more than just send me over the moon. I'm dying to see a happy ending for these too so fingers crossed things go as you say. 

Really loved reading your post :):)

Thanks thanks. You are too kind. Thanks for indulging me. Makes the weekend a lot more bearable. :D

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

Bi 1004비 @junghyebi

Nice point. Laundry maid's wouldn't be allowed in the palace but it's certain that HS does enter the palace in a laundry maid's outfit. I've seen BTS footage of WW in white clothes (must be after the king's death) talking to HS (in her laundry maid outfit) within the palace. There must be some special reason she's in the palace... 

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

Bi 1004비 @junghyebi

Laundry delivery?

• Like 15

1 minute ago, chi13lou said:

Laundry delivery?

:D I like your theory. She was given to serve 4th. Maybe she's delivering 4th bat robe that got all wet that day.:w00t:

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Laundry delivery?

Yes, Haesoo is the mother of Korean BB Cream and Goryeo shipper service :lol: We deliver everytime even in war zone :joy:

• Like 21

Spoiler

Hi, I have lurking around and I see some here talking /asking about Joon Gi if he is gay.

I have a good gay-dar,  and I have the confidence to say that he is not. I think many people already had that thought because of his role when he was just starting The King and the Clown and as we know LJG is a really good actor so he potrayed it really well then followed by the awful long hairstyle that he had even after the movie. I think that is why he was perceived that way. 

I have seen him bts, interview and on variety show and he more of vain, dorky, attention seeker type but not gay.  

Please don't hate me on this but the one that I am positive that is more likely gay are Jo Kwon, Heechul, you can already see it on the way they move. But the one that I got shocked was, Bogum. I never watch reply 1988 so I have no idea about it but I faithfully watch 1n2d and he was a guest recently, the way he moves was too obvious for me. Like I couldnt believe my eyes, while watching I even asked my mom and cousin who has no idea about korean dramas or kpop to drop by my room and tell me what they think about Bogum, and they said right away he is that....

I am sorry, I am not a Lee Joon Gi, park bogum, jo kwon, heechul Fan or Hater. I am a moon lover fan. I just posted what I have observed as a normal citizen of this earth. I could be wrong. Please don't hate me

Edited by LyraYoo
Offtopic-unrelated to drama
  • Like 12

this is random but I cant stop listening to the osts lol especially the ones sung by lee hi and ioi  lol the songs are stuck in my head.

Anyways, WHEN IS MONDAY COMING??? I CANT WAIT ALREADY LOL I WANNA SEE SOOSO NOW!!200_s.gif

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, gwiyeowooh said:
Spoiler

Hi, I have lurking around and I see some here talking /asking about Joon Gi if he is gay.

I have a good gay-dar,  and I have the confidence to say that he is not. I think many people already had that thought because of his role when he was just starting The King and the Clown and as we know LJG is a really good actor so he potrayed it really well then followed by the awful long hairstyle that he had even after the movie. I think that is why he was perceived that way. 

I have seen him bts, interview and on variety show and he more of vain, dorky, attention seeker type but not gay.  

Please don't hate me on this but the one that I am positive that is more likely gay are Jo Kwon, Heechul, you can already see it on the way they move. But the one that I got shocked was, Bogum. I never watch reply 1988 so I have no idea about it but I faithfully watch 1n2d and he was a guest recently, the way he moves was too obvious for me. Like I couldnt believe my eyes, while watching I even asked my mom and cousin who has no idea about korean dramas or kpop to drop by my room and tell me what they think about Bogum, and they said right away he is that....

I am sorry, I am not a Lee Joon Gi, park bogum, jo kwon, heechul Fan or Hater. I am a moon lover fan. I just posted what I have observed as a normal citizen of this earth. I could be wrong. Please don't hate me

Spoiler

I had the same thoughts lol he is not shy at all around girls lol I realised this after watching music bank and reply1988 bts. He interacts with girls so naturally. But then again I read that he is a member of a devout christian as he is part of some famous (kinda extreme) church group since he was young, so he might not be gay, but well, who knows.

Edited by LyraYoo
Offtopic-unrelated to drama
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, littleloony said:

Wang So can generally be thought of doing the same thing with his pack consisting of Baek Ah, Hae Su and the astronomer (shoot! I forgot his name :P) and looking up to Wang Mu and the king. It is also said about Gray wolves that their numbers are required to keep a healthy balance in the habitat that they live and is an indicator of ecological health of the place.

The astronomer is JiMong.

:)

Finally joining this crowd after infected by @riuenu with unstopable spam on our chat room. Let's have fun ^^

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Love your imagination. Right on point :lol::D

After all she is now with the laundry department and as part of the bullying, she may have been selected to deliver the laundry as punishment, carrying tons of clothes over unpaved roads/paths. Too bad horsey is with WS.

• Like 9