[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

16 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

@chi13lou if you ever want to produce Wook's doll I ca pitch in some ideas of how he's should poses and dresses but mimind you, it will be 'adult only' paper doll. Hehe...

@dhia205 glad to know I'm not the only one. For me one drama's perspective is based on who's watching it, just like beauty is in the eyes of beholder. So it's ok to have different opinion and takes about it. Just because it's not like what you're thinking, doesn't mean it's wrong. I don't like HS so it's ok for HS not liking me back hahaha... About Wook, the question is when.

sure it's ok to have a different one, that's what brain are for lol. like you said its not LOTR era...  difersity is "supposed to be" something that make this thread colorful isn't it? (just because one color dominating doesn't mean there's no other color gurl relax...)

and about WW, my answer is Soon.. but i don't know how soon it will be, but in my take i can guarantee he will turn badass before the finale episode ahahah... 

• Like 9

I know HS can't accept WS's feelings just as Wook turned his back away from her but... we only have 9 episodes. And if in ep 12 she still rejects WS, then we only have 8 episodes. I don't have any intentions to compare with the c-version. However, in the C-version, they spent half of the drama with ruo xi falling for the 8th prince, but the other half of the story focused on her love story with the 4th prince :dissapointed_relieved: but in this version? It's already half of the story and they're still showing her love story with wang wook. :bawling: my Wang So

• Like 11

9 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

@qwenli this drama's engagement to all platforms/avenue is awesome. So glad to know baidu is also talking about a possible eclipse for an ending !

No I meant that someone on weibo mentioned what you wrote about the real eclipses :)

ah...Wang So on a horse again and in armour.:wub:

@SizzlerZ agree with you. I hope hs start being aware of her feelings by ep 13 and let that feeling be mutual by 14. :)

See you all tonight! In the meantime, I will have to abstain from here to get on with my real life.

p.s I found out that Lee Joon gi became firm friends with Epik High during army times (he attended one of their weddings and uses their studio for recordings), so I guess that started his connection with YG, which lead to YG investment in SH and all these osts. :)

• Like 19

@ddeokbokkii I was just thinking about the Emperor's edict before. Considering how condensed Moon Lovers is and the fact that the Emperor is unlikely to live for much longer, the ways I think it could go down:

Spoilers for BBJX and potentially Moon Lovers

Spoiler

Whilst it's possible for the Emperor to leave behind a similar edict, I don't think we have the time or the situation for it. It has not been shown that 14th is a favourite of the Emperor nor has Jung has the chance to shine in battle, or even shown to be in love with Haesoo. I don't doubt he loves her, but for now it's still more as a dongsaeng than as a man. The Emperor might do it almost out of annoyance if 4th and/or 8th keep pushing to marry her, and he wants to put a stop to the infighting. Another option is perhaps for the Crown Prince to make the edict when he becomes Emperor, or even Yo just to spite his brother, but it's shaky reasoning. 

Likely So won't honor the edict anyway, but I'm thinking maybe we don't even need one in this version.  

It's debatable how much So knows about the romance between Soo and Wook, because on one hand, they were super unsubtle, but his comment about Baek-ah could suggest he is not aware. For someone who feels with such intensity and whose love is all-consuming, it may be possible that the fact she was so in love with Wook enough to warn him against So - which likely triggers the battle between them/the conspiracy that harms Baek-ah - could be enough to push So to the edge. And if Haesoo lets him believe she never truly loved him, or that she still loves Wook, or that Jung's feelings for her is reciprocated, it might be enough to push him over. It might not even be marriage, but perhaps he'll consent to her leaving the palace in his hurt and anger?

• Like 14

1 hour ago, SizzlerZ said:

Sorry to cut your post short but could those possibly be for a funeral? We know that king Taejo dies so could it be for his funeral? I might be wrong because she could be hung since people might try to find evidence because of the mess she's made. I hope your right!! 

- nice catch by the way! Great work :) 

@SizzlerZ UGH. You're right chingu. There will be at least 3 funerals that we know of...King Taejo, Wang Mu and then of course, Wang Yo her son. I'm going to go have a stiff drink now, because the possibility that evil Queen YooWhoDoesn'tCareOneBitAboutHerChildren might never be punished for ALL her indiscretions is quite a depressing thought.

:bawling:

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Joongier said:

vEgDxlb.png

LOL has any of you missed out on this lovely interaction between Queen Evil and Wang So! They are so adorable... Okay if my poor Korean serves me right, she said "Joongia sarganda!" And I thinks Joongia replied if I'm not wrong, "Ommonie, why are you being like this to me? (lol he's in character), Okay now that we are in 2016 I love you Ommonie!" if there's a correction please do share! BTW I LOVE queen Yoo and Wang so's scenes ! I think because of Park Ji Yeon's queenly aura and formidable performance and the way she truly nailed the character, I find it sometimes hard to hate on the character! Her eye acting, her tone of voice, her expressions! Their scenes are always explosive with fierce acting and intensity!

Finally! Today is day Eclipses!

On top of that, she is gorgeous. I gotta say, she's one BAMF, even though she's evil. I do look forward to her scenes with Joon Ki - their acting on point and conversations so tense. Can't wait until So trashes her and her precious Yo. 

Speaking of which, folks. Where do you all watch the live stream? Can someone PM me? What time can we watch it? I'm sorry, I am new here and just trying to catch up the group. Thanks in advance!

• Like 17

I'm curious. Does SK journalists, or MLSHR production crew, or someone important from SK entertainment people know about this Thread and our love for MLSHR?  Does LJG and the rest of the casts know how much we binge for this drama? 

I mean they have to know, even the rating is low in SK, the drama itself has a huge success internationaly. I'm very sure this thread is full of people from around the Globe. 

People in South east Asia talk about this drama a lot. Indonesian watch and talked about this drama. And in Malaysia and Singapore this drama is a number 1 rating! Vietnamese also watched it and like the drama. China's streaming site Youku has 1 billion (even more) viewers. Not to mention, people in Japan and Thailand. The two countries will airing the show. And i'm very sure, northern America (also) southern America also love and crazy about this drama. And in this thread, i saw someone posting from India, Russia, Germany, Ireland, and other countries, who loooooooove MLSHR. 

THAT MEANS this drama is very famous and already earn recognition from viewers. 

So, lets spread our positive virus about MLSHR. 

Happy Moonday, Chingudeul. 

• Like 15

Yeorobun...Monday is finally here! I will be away on a business trip from tomorrow - but will be lurking whenever possible! :D

One possible reason for Hae Soo's reappearance in the palace (i.e. battle scene). - My guess is that Taejo summoned for her. In the BBJX C-version - at the tail end of Kangxi's reign, the emperor's appetite dwindled and he craved for Ruoxi's snacks. Ruoxi was then summoned back from the laundry department to the palace to serve until he passed on. Similar for Hae Soo - she was Lady Oh's right hand woman. In ep 10, Lady Oh gave specific instructions on what the King's likes and dislikes, ailments etc - there must be a reason for those instructions. In his final days, Taejo probably wishes to have someone closed to Lady Oh by his side to comfort his dying soul (deserving or not - that's another essay). 

And how did Hae Soo ended up as a Sanggung during CP's reign? It could be Taejo's instructions as well. 1. She is well trained by Lady Oh and is loyal to CP. Even during her worst moments, she did not betray CP's trust. 2. To make her "unmarriageable" - a court lady belongs to the King and cannot be married or released without the King's permission. Hands off princes!! 3. To thank Soo for her service in his final days - a token of his love for Lady Oh. 

Do I make any sense? 

And on the love story of Soo and So - there must be a scene in ep 13 or 14 to push Soo to face her feelings squarely in the face. That has to do with him being hurt or at the brink of death. Recently, LJG posted a photo of him lying down - possibly injured - with IU in the background right? There has to be a "bridging" scene somewhere down the line to turn her into So's person. 

Let's see how the story move this week. The wait will be over in less than 12 hours. Roll call soon!! :) 

• Like 17

i think this Kvers is focusing more on the journey of WS being a king and it will ended when he sit on the throne.. HS will likely accept his feeling on eps 14 not more than that cause the writer will be a crazy person if the OTP love story is about 4 or 5 eps... so it will be their journey to the throne and how much HS will have to face and endure at this time watching all the people that she knew and love turn from each other , killing and all for the throne...

about how HS going to escape palace i think it will have a connection with WJ.. this one is one of the iconic scene where 14th come to palace to see the emperor to make him honor the king order to give RX to him... seriously 4th face is really scary and boy if look can kill 14th already died at that time... my theory still when WY became a king and to protect HS WJ will ask for her and because WJ is well love by his mom i think it will be granted..

and at last when WS became a king there must be something big that happen to force HS to get out from palace.. HS is a tough cookies you know she will do anything to save herself just like RX.. i think she will do the extreme thing if WS don't grant her freedom... 

lastly HS and WS is the end game.. they must have something that bound them together and hopefully the writer will give us the real game changer not just because of gratitude or anything.. HS for once when accepting WS must feel love for him and 100% over with WW... its going to get interesting when they together as a couple.. WS as a prince and HS as sanggoong... its forbidden love that force WS to get on the throne just to be together with her..

and if its not an epic love story i don't know what it is..... 

• Like 20

24 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@SizzlerZ UGH. You're right chingu. There will be at least 3 funerals that we know of...King Taejo, Wang Mu and then of course, Wang Yo her son. I'm going to go have a stiff drink now, because the possibility that evil Queen YooWhoDoesn'tCareOneBitAboutHerChildren might never be punished for ALL her indiscretions is quite a depressing thought.

:bawling:

I feel your frustration there but you never know, I could be wrong. I'm sure Queen YooWhoDoesn'tCareAboutOneBitAboutHerChildren will suffer. We don't know how many tragedies she will cause before her death but maybe they'll show her death in the drama. Does anyone know when Queen Yoo dies in history and how? 

When I was replying to your post I first wrote that I'm sure Queen Yoo will be punished for her crimes but I had forgotten that this is a drama based on history. It might be that Queen Yoo is never punished for crimes. If this was just a simple drama I would be more confident in saying that Queen Yoo will be defeated and punished... Reality *facepalm*

• Like 10

THE RETURN OF BATSO

batso

The BTS cuts for Moon Lovers: Bo Bo Kyung Shim: Ryeo are actually really fun to watch since Lee Jun Ki spends most of his time off-camera being bright and goofy. In this clip, he couldn’t find the page where his lines were for the poison scene. HA. Seeing him fool around and flap his cloak a.k.a BatSo makes me halfway mortified that I teared at, and went gaga over that scene…hahahahaha. I’m pretty sure actors don’t really know how romantic their romantic scenes would turn out until they watch the broadcast since every move, every angle, every expression is calculated for the camera.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/01/the-return-of-batso/

• Like 23

@hallyus amazing catch! Wow! 

Do you know if this is in episode 12/13 or is it next week? I always thought that there must be an unevitable reason to why Wang So had to kill his brothers and subjects even in the vision that Soo has of him killing Wang Eun (your image). I always thought that even if Wang So was going to remain a wise man but because of circumstances he had to kill them. 

After knowing that a bit more about the 4th prince in C-BBJX my thoughts have changed. I'm slightly worried that Wang So will turn to the dark side a bit like the 4th prince in C-BBJX. I really wonder what why Wang Eun will die and why Wang So will have pleasure in killing him. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, lavendre said:

.......Sometimes I feel HaeSoo doesnt deserve WangSo at all. 

Inevitably you will think that it is like that given the way HS still cling to WW but i think the writer wants to show to the fullest extent how her feelings will shift from WW to WS. Such somewhat clingy scenes will exemplify it best. I can only hope that once that old phase is over and she'll realised that WS is the one for her, i really hope that they will triple her sweet scenes with WS. XX :)

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I feel your frustration there but you never know, I could be wrong. I'm sure Queen YooWhoDoesn'tCareAboutOneBitAboutHerChildren will suffer. We don't know how many tragedies she will cause before her death but maybe they'll show her death in the drama. Does anyone know when Queen Yoo dies in history and how? 

When I was replying to your post I first wrote that I'm sure Queen Yoo will be punished for her crimes but I had forgotten that this is a drama based on history. It might be that Queen Yoo is never punished for crimes. If this was just a simple drama I would be more confident in saying that Queen Yoo will be defeated and punished... Reality *facepalm*

@SizzlerZ I'm actually feeling confident that she will be punished in some way or form. Why? Because Yeon Hwa hates her. With bitterness and hate fueling her, I think the princess will make sure Queen Yoo will definitely suffer. Karma and Yeon Hwa will come back to bite Yoo in a big, big way.  Mwahahaha!!! Adding the evil laugh just cause it seemed to fit. :lol:

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Yeorobun...Monday is finally here! I will be away on a business trip from tomorrow - but will be lurking whenever possible! :D

One possible reason for Hae Soo's reappearance in the palace (i.e. battle scene). - My guess is that Taejo summoned for her. In the BBJX C-version - at the tail end of Kangxi's reign, the emperor's appetite dwindled and he craved for Ruoxi's snacks. Ruoxi was then summoned back from the laundry department to the palace to serve until he passed on. Similar for Hae Soo - she was Lady Oh's right hand woman. In ep 10, Lady Oh gave specific instructions on what the King's likes and dislikes, ailments etc - there must be a reason for those instructions. In his final days, Taejo probably wishes to have someone closed to Lady Oh by his side to comfort his dying soul (deserving or not - that's another essay). 

I like this theory @Akiddo, that also would explain why Hae Soo is in the palace in the scene when everyone in the courtyard stops fighting and bows to Prince Mu. Maybe she's the one delivering the news that Taejo had died.

15 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

@SizzlerZShe lives until 951, Wang So becomes king in 949. In this version, she will get to see Wang Yo die, and Wang So take the throne, so that may be a form of punishment.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Do you know if this is in episode 12/13 or is it next week? I always thought that there must be an unevitable reason to why Wang So had to kill his brothers and subjects even in the vision that Soo has of him killing Wang Eun (your image). I always thought that even if Wang So was going to remain a wise man but because of circumstances he had to kill them. 

After knowing that a bit more about the 4th prince in C-BBJX my thoughts have changed. I'm slightly worried that Wang So will turn to the dark side a bit like the 4th prince in C-BBJX. I really wonder what why Wang Eun will die and why Wang So will have pleasure in killing him. 

@SizzlerZ

Chingu, you might have missed this discussion. If you look at the actual vision when Wangso kills Eun, there are details that Haesoo did not notice. The biggest one is that Eun is already pierced with arrows, and Soon is already lying dead beside him. Among the guards present with Wangso, no one has a bow and arrow, which means Eun/Soon were attacked by another group. Thus Wangso's killing of Eun is actually a mercy killing so that Eun can join his wife in death. The maniacal laugh of Wangso after he slashes Eun is one of grief and pain.

• Like 15