[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 hours ago, chi13lou said:

@solelylurking @dhia205

Sorry no WW paper dolls.

3 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

hmm ... would WS be mostly dressed or undressed?

Who cares which outfit ... but ... hmmm ... 

@chi13lou that is so cute.... but i wanna see the top row the most, like @itzibitzispider said, who cares with outfit... when we can see him without :P

and don't worry about WW dress, @solelylurking (wild) broad imagination will provide it for her lololo...

@solelylurking and @leekyuphii ahahaha...enough with the frustration chingu~ya (another seriousness fuel will burn the thread you know  lol...) many of us feeling the same, we are not the only one. just enjoy the ride because we still don't know where it goes, and give more time to our lovely-sometimes need head banging-heroin, to change. WW will be the wolf from hell for sure. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Okay...let's suspend the current topic for a moment because the YoYoo ship might be in peril.  See the attached Tweet and note that the first picture features Park Ji Young, the actress who plays Queen Yoo. SEE WHAT SHE'S WEARING??

I think Queen Yoo will definitely be punished in the future. When and how??? Not sure, BUT...wanna bet that Yeon Hwa might have a hand in it??  :P

Sorry to cut your post short but could those possibly be for a funeral? We know that king Taejo dies so could it be for his funeral? I might be wrong because she could be hung since people might try to find evidence because of the mess she's made. I hope your right!! 

- nice catch by the way! Great work :) 

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

NEW STILLZ!

Oooh! I was just wondering if Hae Soo and Woo Hee were ever going to interact, and now there's proof!

Modern Ha-Jin time traveled in summer 2016, so I'm going to assume she would have had the opportunity to listen to "Lemonade" and give the appropriate response to Wook when he says he missed her:

EYCOmG.gif

• Like 15

Omg you guys are fast!I love love love all your brilliant analysis and I can't skip a page because I fear that I may miss out on some good points.That's why I'm still stuck at pg 838.Keep the analysis coming! :)

I wanna say that eventhough I've only been a member for about a week or so,I feel like I'm part of a family here that I can say whatever I wanna say about the drama.So thank you to all of you for making me feel like this thread is my 3rd home:D

Btw it's raining in Singapore...reminds me of allthe rain scenes so far...this is what SHR has done to me:sweatingbullets:

Happy Moonday and see y'all tonight!:heart:

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

@chi13lou that is so cute.... but i wanna see the top row the most, like @itzibitzispider said, who cares with outfit... when we can see him without :P

and don't worry about WW dress, @solelylurking (wild) broad imagination will provide it for her lololo...

@solelylurking and @leekyuphii ahahaha...enough with the frustration chingu~ya (another seriousness fuel will burn the thread know  lol...) many of us feeling the same, we are not the only one. just enjoy the ride because we still don't know where it goes, and give more time to our lovely-sometimes need head banging-heroin, to change. WW will be the wolf from hell for sure. 

@chi13lou if you ever want to produce Wook's doll I ca pitch in some ideas of how he's should poses and dresses but mimind you, it will be 'adult only' paper doll. Hehe...

@dhia205 glad to know I'm not the only one. For me one drama's perspective is based on who's watching it, just like beauty is in the eyes of beholder. So it's ok to have different opinion and takes about it. Just because it's not like what you're thinking, doesn't mean it's wrong. I don't like HS so it's ok for HS not liking me back hahaha... About Wook, the question is when. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, dustdevil said:

I have a really big work project that I should be doing, but instead, I decided to try and map out what I think is going to happen in the next 9 episodes.I would love to know what other people think, you can comment in the shared Google doc, now that I've got this going, I'll probably keep updating it.  There's an image of the outline under the spoiler tags:

Reveal hidden contents

i0rJ8N.png

My main takeaways from trying to sort this all out:

1. I really don't think that King Hyejong's (current CP) reign is going to last for more than two episodes. There have already been 3 attempts on this life so far, so his luck will run out quickly. As people have noted, his reign is also our best bet for HS-WS happiness, so I'm guessing maybe 2-3 episodes max.

2. I think it's going to deviate from the Chinese version and the novel, and wrap things up pretty quickly after WS becomes Gwangjong. The momentum of this version is all built around WS fulfilling his destiny as the King, so I don't see more than one episode (maybe two) drawing out that time. The storyline so far has been fairly tight and quick-moving. I think they are going to cut the big time jumps for the shorter run time.

3. My new big theory is that YeonHwa is going to the be the mastermind who kills off Yo. It clears the way for WS to be king, YH to be queen, and is the perfect revenge on evil queen. Fingers crossed.

4. There's still lots of room to fill in the blanks for plot developments. I think the key is to keep HS looped into the major political plot points, and not just as WS's love.

5. I wonder how they'll deal with scheduling of the final, odd episode. Will they do 3 a week, like at the beginning? or have a 1 episode week in between. This whole time I've been curious if they originally edited it this way, or if some of the dramatic impact is lost because of the shift. For example, was it planned that episode 10 with So drinking the poison would be the cliffhanger that you'd have to wait a week to find out what happened next? But with the shift, that was resolved quickly. And if that's the case, that means that all of the even episodes have the really big dramatic beats.

Was the scheduling with 2 episodes being relased intentional? At first I thought it was intentional because I assumed that MLSHR was given a specific time span and they decided to release 2 episodes instead of 1. I could be wrong but I'm grateful they did because I wouldn't have been able to survive a week with the preview they have for ep 11. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, briseis said:

The long-awaited ballad sung by Lee Hi called "MY LOVE" will be finally released as Part 10 of the OST

4vLmUwt.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Briseis. This is the Wang So x Hae Soo theme song I've been waiting to hear since episode 2. My eyes always tear up when this song plays in the background during their tender moments. 

@hallyus NOOO! I just can't. At least we know So didn't kill Eun because he was evil - it seems more like mercy killing to end Eun's suffering. I hope it doesn't come true though. Eun and SD deserve their chance to be happy. This is definitely Yo or Wook's doing. I wouldn't put it past YH either. 

Edited by Umi_ni_Sora
  • Like 23

8 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

Thanks for sharing this Briseis. This is the Wang So x Hae Soo theme song I've been waiting to hear since episode 2. My eyes always tear up when this song plays in the background during their tender moments. 

Cannot wait! Been waiting for this song since the beginning:bawling:

• Like 12

3 hours ago, cyriatan said:

Hi chingus! As you know the thread goes palli palli :lol: So I don't know if I may be repeting some ideas.

I wanted to comment on the topic of Hae Soo requesting from Wook if she missed her. My view may not be really romantic, but oh well. I believe HS liked WW genuinely, however at the same time I deem HS to be smart and thus always understood her marriage with Wook was not only meant to be out of love, but also "get me out of here". It had a very practical purpose of getting her out of palace, and yes, ultimately allowing her to live happily outside with Wook. But it represented in general her posibility of being happy, containing but going beyond Wook. 

Wook became a source of security for HS amidst the strange Goryeo enviroment. I don't know if you have ever experienced it, I'm an inmigrant myself and have lived in different countries and being alone with no support is harsh. In those kind of situations, you need to find some relief, it may be an idea ("There's more for me travelling around in the long term than staying in the security of my home, this is who I am, this bad moment will pass, learn from it", etc. for example as it was for me) or a person that helps you and becomes a link for your adaptation. It has a deep emotional force because it's...fundamental, without it you crush under the pressure. It happens to us under great stress. When a loved one dies, sometimes we believe and hold to the strangest beliefs, after accidents, etc. Wook became for her that possibility, or element that will allow adaptation. Finding yourself again and embracing a new purpose of life...when you time-travelled to Goryeo! Living as Wook's wife theoretically-happily-forever was HS purpose of life. I don't want to mean by this that she's manipulative. When I travelled I met important persons who helped me and became special for that, and I knew I had to accept their help to adapt and was really thankful for that. You develop special trust and feelings when someone helps you in hard situations. So when WW abandoned her, she lost not only support, a lover and a friend. She lost the new life she envisioned for herself that probably took her long to construct after landing in Goryeo.

Requesting from her to completely deatach from WW is understandable, but it's more than leaving behind a lover. Once her future with WW is gone: what's there in Goryeo for her? She's lost. We know there's WS, of course :phew: Actually I'm sad that, as many as you commented, their love relationship has not started yet since for me "unconscious" love is not that meaningful. The story need their love development and considering how things are now, I doubt we'll see the type of ferocius love at least I'd been waiting from HS. What I hope will be actually WS replacing WW in HS' "nuclear identity support". WS will become her supporter, her reason to live: "I'll help this person to achieve happiness" transformed into "We'll be happy together". I remember reading here on Soompi Ruoxi's final letter and it went about how the 4th saved her many times. I think we have been shown how HS values WW as someone who saved her many times before (even if we know it was WS most of the time). So I think her love for WS will flourish from this feelings, in dramas this type of love out of "shielding" is very common among female characters. Very distinct compared to WS, who developed more a love from mutual understanding. I personally don't like the type of love I think HS will have, but I respect it. We each love in a different way, and it's still love. I'm not saying that as time goes by, she won't end recognizing in WS someone she'll love also from mutual understanding, but I think for HS feeling secure is really important. For WS for example I think it is clear that, even if the fact she helps him and cares for him contributed to their trust, it is not the root of his love. I think that HS changing abruptly and somehow finding herself madly, passionately in love with WS after a kiss or similar would be not believable at all, but I think she'll hold to him very strongly after this turmoil. That can be passion, but...different from my expectation. I find it ironic, but maybe HS will be the one more in need of WS than the other way round, or at least they'll need each other for different reasons. Maybe I'll be surprised, I hope so! 

Finally I want to say I understand WW. I think I would choose like him, and wouldn't sacrifice my family for love. I also don't think that's demandable from anyone. WS is our hero because he does, and this is a drama. I think what will drive HS and WW separated will be his lack of explanation. If WW went to HS and calmly explained he couldn't throw his family (and his desire for the throne, I think they're the same in the end) just for her, she would have been the one to tell him to not do so. I, and many other, would too. He may be greedy but his family was at stake, let's not forget that, I think his struggle was not because of the throne, but his family and responsabilities. What's unnaceptable is that he had his oportunity to explain himself but still chose to struggle rather than accepting that he's that type of person, not your romantic hero. I understand him, he had to choose between power and love. What he threw away was not only HS, but freedom and a placid life. I don't find it troublesome he'd prefer to live a life with more power than love, even if I understand that's not desirable for a romantic drama character! But it doesn't justify being a coward. That's his mistake. I hope when HS confronts him he'll explain himself. Yes he missed her, but he won't be the one to fulfill her expectations. HS will understand. If he lies because of his ego, HS will think he's a liar, because he is. That will drive them apart. If he says the truth, they still won't be together. But he'll preserve his dignity. I think before finding YH was behind the poison plot, he was still debating between responsabilities, greed and freedom and happiness. He could have really chosen the latter. However when fronted with reality, accusing his sister and abandoning his clan, power, etc. he knew he would choose palace life. I think his greed will surface since from that point onwards, if he has to go towards this path, it may as well be until the end: being the king. At the end we all pursue happiness/purpose.

@cyriatan We have the same thoughts. I also do not consider him as a coward but I do admit that he gives out empty promises. Also when he turns his back on Hae Soo, he makes his choice already and he's going for the throne. He will not have her heart. For someone like Hae Soo, he's not someone that she should be with and put her love in him. I think both of them did like each other sincerely but the root of their love was not strong enough to endure when it comes to choosing between power vs. love. I think Wang Wook loves Hae Soo not because he loves her for who she is but because Lady Hae is gone and Hae Soo gives him the source of happiness in place of her and Hae Soo is just different from the other ladies that he met (just like someone mentioned previous - I can't remember who did). Hae Soo loves him because she thinks she can trust in him and he was the first to give out his hand to her. I also think that maybe he was the reminder of her boyfriend in the modern day and she thinks that she won't experience that betrayal feeling again. I do not think there was a mutual love but there was love but again, the love would not be strong enough to withstand such a sudden and painful situation as Lady Oh's sacrifice and the choice between power vs. love. I guess you can also call it infatuation like someone said previously. Hae Soo was  They were destined to meet and had good memories but the love wasn't strong and they are not destined to be until the end. If Hae Soo was able to change Wang Wook like she did with Wang So, I think maybe their love could have endured all that happened in episode 11. But only Wang So was able to change because of Hae Soo. Wang Wook was the same. This goes back to the debt and debtor. I think Hae Soo and Wang So do not feel they are debtors to each other. They put each other on the same level. Only Wang Wook is feeling the debt he owed to his wife or Hae Soo owes him her life (back in episode 4 - but Wang So also was there). These two are not on the same level.

Hae Soo is slowly having feelings for Wang So without acknowledging it. She also blindly thinks that she is still liking Wang Wook but she just doesn't know her heart fully well because she's torn between both. And I agree that she needs closure. In the C-version, Ruoxi gets the closure and chooses to reciprocate 4th prince's feelings. So sooner or later, she'll move on. We just need to wait.

I think in episode 4, when Wang Wook went to save Hae Soo and Jung, it shows that he's willing to endure the hardships or even risks his life for her, only if it doesn't involve his family. But in episode 11, he has to choose. Not talking about his manipulative sister (Kang Han Na's acting is outstanding) but he cannot let his mother be involved. Like you said, he chose power and he will have to live with regrets like King Taejo and descends into the darkness. His only path now is to continue with it especially after seeing his mother kneeling down in front of Queen Yoo. To him, the path of power will give him what he wants.

But everyone will have different opinions and that is great for the discussion :). Some will pity him. Some will see him as a coward. Some will still like him. I don't think it matters because ultimately, the drama needs that so that the romance between Hae Soo and Wang So can sparkle (not sure if I use the right term). If I was Wang Wook, I will choose family like him and I will face the consequences of my decision but asking me to throw away my family, I know I can't do that. I think that power vs. love goes along with expectation vs. reality through all the characters.

• Like 15