[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

'Moon Lovers' secures its flower boy cast of EXO's Baekhyun, Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Ji Soo

Baekhyun_1451971963_af_org.jpg

And our flower boy cast for the upcoming drama 'Moon Lovers' is complete! Joining Lee Jun Ki and IU are Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, and last but not least our cutie EXO's Baekhyun!

The drama's side confirmed the casting of the five, handsome male actors on January 5. The fantasy romantic historical drama will be 100% pre-produced before airing in the second half of this year.

All of them will play imperial princes in the drama, which is based on the Chinese hit series 'Scarlet Heart'. Kang Ha Neul will play 'Wang Wook', the 8th prince, Hong Jong Hyun is 'Wang Yo', the 3rd prince, and Baekhyun will be 'Wang Eun', the 10th prince. Nam Joo Hyuk is 'Wang Ook', the 13th prince, and Ji Soo is 'Wang Jung', the 14th prince. Lee Jun Ki will play the 4th prince.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/moon-lovers-secures-its-flower-boy-cast-of-exos-baekhyun-kang-ha-neul-hong-jong-hyun-nam-joo-hyuk-and-ji-soo

• Like 8

Girls' Generation's Seohyun and actress Kang Han Na are also confirmed for this drama!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/girls-generations-seohyun-and-actress-kang-han-na-confirmed-for-drama-moon-lovers

Side note: I'm so excited for the drama already - the cast is seriously star-studded and I loved Bu Bu Jing Xin! I can't wait for the second half of 2016 already!

• Like 6

omg the visuals of this drama will be daebak :wub:

I've seen the original one and it was incredible. I hope Moon Lovers can live up to it. I trust LJK  though. Him + historical drama = lots of fun. He's wonderful. IU was great as Cindy in Producers as well. Kang Ha Neul and Ji Soo are super talented also. I'm looking forward to this 100%

• Like 5

SNSD’s Seohyun and Han Mina Join IU as the

Female Cast of K-version Bu Bu Jing Xin

sarans1.jpg

On the heels of the male casting getting confirmed like a cascade of flower boy dominoes, the ladies of upcoming K-version of Bu Bu Jing Xin has signed on the dotted line. IU‘s confirmation as the female lead was alongside male lead Lee Jun Ki earlier this week in the SBS drama that has now ditched the silly sounding title of Moon Lovers and is going with the direct Bobogyungsim: Ryeo (i.e. Bu Bu Jing Xin: Splendor). Joining the female side of the cast along with IU is another singer-actress in SNSD‘s Seohyun and K-actress Han Mina.

Seohyun plays the last princess of Baekjae during the time when Baekjae has fallen and Goryeo is the ruling kingdom. She hides her identity and becomes a gisaeng with a hidden agenda. Han Mina plays the only daughter of the King of Goryeo, and we know how many sons he has by all the pretty male faces cast as the various princes. Her princess is determined to support the prince best suited to rule over Goryeo in the future. On an even small casting note, singer Z. Hera will be playing a small role as the daughter of a general.

http://koalasplayground.com/

• Like 7

@kaiskloset,  Thank you for starting the thread, and what a wonderful job you have done, with updates, character information, and plot. I also love the timeline you added for the Korean remake.

Waving hi to many Soompi friends I see here:  @valsava, @ororomunroe,  theone4me,  @MadraRua, @alekaonu@Prettysup, @evie7, @nearsea, @icemaid, @fleurofjasmine, @UnniSarah, @jongski, @patoi, @lclarakl, @yoonmi66@Go Seung Ji@andy78, @liddi

Those of you who know me well, know that I am here because Lee Joon-Gi has confirmed. 

@fleurofjasmine, I have been looking for the novel in English for a long time. Sadly, I do not think it had been translated into English, or any of her other works, for that matter...   :(

@UnniSarah,  I too, was hoping for Lee Bo-Young, but did not think it would happen, because she is a new mom.

@evie7, I also thought of Kim Yoo-Jung. Maybe they did not consider her because of age.  ^_^

On 1/4/2016 at 0:19 AM, anmien6002 said:

Lee Jun Ki for sure is a good actor but finding a skilled writer is the key to its success.

@anmien6002, I fully agree with you on that one!

52 minutes ago, kaiskloset said:

SBS drama that has now ditched the silly sounding title of Moon Lovers and is going with the direct Bobogyungsim: Ryeo (i.e. Bu Bu Jing Xin: Splendor).

@kaiskloset, thank you for this latest piece of good news. I like this title much better than the "moon lovers."

Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyun, Baekhyun, Nam Joo-hyuk and Ji-soo form a flower prince corps for a new drama
January 5, 2016

Bobo Kyeongshim: Lyeo (Taking Each Step Carefully), is a new drama with no official English title yet. This new drama will call up the flower prince corps of the Korean Wave to fill its ranks. The star cast includes Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyun, Baekhyun, Nam Joo-hyuk and Ji-soo. With just a glance you can see through the warm photos, the five actors’ varied charms shining through. The group of five new generation actors are sure to stir interest, as they capture the hearts of women as this Korean wave of handsome men washes over them.

The preproduction is expected to be 100% complete by the second half of the year. The drama will be a fantasy, romantic, historical drama. Bobo Kyeongshim: Lyeo (Taking Each Step Carefully) is written by Cho Yoon-young, directed by Kim kyu-tae and Lee Ha. On the 5th, a representative of the show said “Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyun, Baekhyun, Nam Joo-hyuk, Ji-soo and Lee Joon-gi were cast as six of the imperial princes of the Great King Wang Geon, founder of the Goryeo Dynasty.”

Bobo Kyeongshim: Lyeo is based on an original Chinese novel, making it the first drama of its kind in Korea. The variety of characters and top of the line visuals are sure to meet viewers’ tastes.

Kang Ha-nuel will transform into a sexy cerebral man Goryeo for the drama. Ha-nuel plays the eighth son of the emperor, Wang-Geon. He was born the same year as Lee Jong-gi who is the fourth prince, but to a different mother. Both sharing the father of Great King Wang Geon. King Wang Geon’s eighth son is both highly skilled in academia and combat, being an ideal warrior philosopher combination.

The drama is expected to begin broadcasting sometime in the second half of 2016.

source

• Like 12

Seohyun to star in ‘Startling by Each Step: Ryo’

Seohyun of Girl’s Generation confirmed she will star in upcoming drama “Startling by Each Step: Ryo.”

She will take on the role of Woo-hee, the last princess of the Hoobaekjae Dynasty. Circumstances force her to become a palace kisaeng, who dances beautifully like an angel from heaven.

Seohyun’s first acting experience was “Passionate Love”, aired in 2013. But since had a brief role, “Startling by Each Step: Ryo” can be considered her actual debut as an actress.

Seohyun is expected to add a perfect touch to the new drama as her gorgeous looks suit the role of a princess.

The drama will be directed by Kim Kyu-tae, who previously drew acclaim for “That Winter, the Wind Blows,” “Iris,” and many more.

@source

• Like 10

Because Ji Soo! is part of this drama...-->:wub: Jongski --> :D

Here we go! Below is .. the book? This is the one that this drama will be based from also remake of the Cdrama which is also based from this book?

pic Cr.: kimjisoo weibo

005ToIkcjw1ezq3w2ez8kj30hs0he76p.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, RmbSeunghoYounGiee said:

Moon Lovers otp edit :wub::wub:

MODERATOR: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. 

They look great together! I have great expectations about Moon lover and especially about LJK and IU as a couple:))

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 4

And because Ji Soo is part of the drama....I'm present!

Ji Soo!!! this Tall. charismatic  talented brilliant rookie actor!  according to ockoalas article.. again...

"with Ji Soo the only supporting male lead with a confirmed role in playing the youngest 14th prince.

Here we go....that's Ji soo below on the left..obviously. Love! I guess this is the counter part for what would be their character. Worth taking a peek. Fan made/edit it's cool so CTTO.

Pics credit kimjisoo thru weibo via cr dc小道不負責 

006eYrm5gw1eziqxdzk5jj30ih0ih40x.jpg

And the rest....

006eYrm5gw1eziqxc1cl5j30ih0ihgne.jpg

006eYrm5gw1eziqxcguaqj30ih0ihgnt.jpg

006eYrm5gw1eziqxcvro6j30ih0ihtao.jpg

Spoiler

006eYrm5gw1eziqxd5ao2j30ih0ihgnv.jpg

Spoiler

006eYrm5gw1eziqxdqg5tj30ih0ihgne.jpg

Spoiler

006eYrm5gw1eziqxdq22nj30ih0ihmz9.jpg

Spoiler

006eYrm5gw1eziqxemw5pj31hc1z4tq4.jpg

• Like 10

@jongski Yup - that's the novel... and the version I own is the two-volume with peach hue :D Tong Hua originally published it as an internet novel in 2005, after which its immense popularity saw its publication by various publishing houses, and it has since been revised and expanded to the work of today.

Intrigued to see the new additions of female characters. Seohyun's role as a palace gisaeng sounds like a variation of the character Lǜ Wú 绿蕪 in the novel, who was the lover of 13th Prince and was with him for the 10 years that he was incarcerated by the king, bearing him a daughter Chenghuan during that time. Her life after his release was an unhappy one due to the treatment of 13th Prince's consorts, despised for her lowly birth and background, and she finally drowned herself. Her death was kept from 13th Prince so as to protect him from utter despair. To prevent him from fruitlessly searching for her, her backstory as told by Ruoxi to him was that her family were previously branded criminals and killed by the previous king, and as such, while loving him as she did, she now has to leave him because of the past which she could not deny. It will be interesting to see what spin the kdrama version has on their star-crossed love.

Am not sure about Kang Hanna's role as I am unable to associate it with any known character in the novel or drama. Half the fun for me currently is trying to map the new characters to the ones I know... or see new ones introduced that would make sense in this universe as opposed to the original. Either way, can't wait for more casting to be revealed, and the characters to be fleshed out :) 

• Like 6

@liddi, Thank you much for your insights, as someone who read the novel....

Lets make sure the drama will get licensed and subbed.

Lets submit title requests for:   Moon Lovers - 보보경심: 려

1.   Viki already has an official channel  !    Smiley

https://www.viki.com/tv/25644c-moon-lovers

Please click on the + sign to follow the channel.

Also, please submit Title Request form.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

2.  Also, please submit Title Request form to DramaFever.

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series

• Like 9

@LyraYoo,  thank you much for Lee Joon-Gi message.  Yes, it will be a new experience for him to be in a pre-produced drama.   I have no idea about the rumors about the script.

@jongski, I love your post of the Chinese actors and their Korean counterparts!

hmmm. I wonder what will be the title they end up with.

From Lee Joon-ki to Seohyun in "Time Slip: Ryeo"

photo671478.jpg

Seohyun from Girls' Generation and actor Lee Joon-ki are starring in the new drama "Time Slip: Ryeo".

Kang Han-na also made it to the cast and she's taking on the role of Hwang-bo Yeon-hwa, the princess of Goryeo while Seo-hyeon is Woo-hee, the last princess.

Hwang-bo Yeon-hwa is the ancient day alpha girl who was born between Queen Hwang Bo and Tae-jo. She's smart and has political intelligence. She is a kingmaker and responsible for bringing her family back up.

The production company says Kang Han-na and Seo-hyeon have different feminine beauties. They are currently engaged in analyzing their characters to completely be engrossed in them.

"Time Slip: Ryeo" is a historical fantasy-romance drama, starring Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Baekhyun, Nam Joo-hyeok, Ji Soo and more.

source

• Like 4

@jongski thank you for reposting those pictures!!! It's super pretty. Can't really imagine HJH in a historical costume though

some fanedits of baekhyun in historical costumes!!! :D 005J9XsUgw1ezpzttejlvj30b30fuaal.jpg005J9XsUgw1ezpztprxcyj30c606u74g.jpg005J9XsUgw1ezpztziz6cj30c6086q3b.jpg

On 5/1/2016 at 6:33 PM, liddi said:

@fleurofjasmine Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any complete English translation of the BBJX novel - http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.my is the only one that I know of, which does a complete translation, as you say, up to Chapter 8 only of Book 1. The complete novel comprises of two books (Book 1 with 20 chapters, Book 2 with 21 chapters and appendices). Koalasplayground has a beautifully comprehensive introduction to both the novel and the drama here (do a search for Bu Bu Jing Xin (Startling with Each Step)/ 步步惊心 under Chinese Novel Translations) which includes a summary of the novel, guide to the princes, novel epilogue and scene recaps. 

Having read, loved and wept over the book and the drama umpteenth times, I can safely say that the Cdrama was pretty faithful to the novel, even down to the dialogue, some of the most intense and heartwrenching I've ever seen. The only major differences had to do with how the drama ended vs the novel, and certain scenes which Ruoxi, in her first person POV in the novel, would not have been privy to. What is certain is the novel and the Cdrama brought their unique perspectives to this amazing story, both of which are beautifully complementary to each other, and rightfully carving out their respective places as one of the most memorable novels I've read, and definitely my favourite Cdrama of all time, with an all-round brilliant cast, script, soundtrack, direction that leaves my heart totally torn out and trampled all over by the end of it.

That being said, I am excited that it has finally been remade into a Kdrama, after hearing rumours of it for about 2 years, and I truly pray that this remake will do justice to the incredible source material. 35 episodes? That would make it the same length as the Cdrama. Can't wait.

Thank you very much :)

Sorry for the late reply. I already read all articles about BBJX on Koalasplayground and read recaps on MyDramaTea before I read your post.. :) 

After I read 8 chapters of the novel, I love it. The writing is so beautiful. Even I'm more interested to read a novel rather than watch a drama. Too bad translator team has been hiatus. T_T

• Like 5

@fleurofjasmine The novel and drama contribute different experiences, yet similar in drawing me in to the incredible universe that Tong Hua wove. It is truly a shame that the English translation has halted... it would have been such an awesome gift to BBJX lovers everywhere who do not read Chinese (and even to those who do!). I did find more translations of excerpts from the novel here, including the pivotal "Kneeling in the rain" scene - enjoy!

Is there any indication yet when BBJX:R is airing? I seem to be also reading differing reports regarding its length... some say 20 episodes, while others 35. Which is it? 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, liddi said:

@fleurofjasmine The novel and drama contribute different experiences, yet similar in drawing me in to the incredible universe that Tong Hua wove. It is truly a shame that the English translation has halted... it would have been such an awesome gift to BBJX lovers everywhere who do not read Chinese (and even to those who do!). I did find more translations of excerpts from the novel here, including the pivotal "Kneeling in the rain" scene - enjoy!

Is there any indication yet when BBJX:R is airing? I seem to be also reading differing reports regarding its length... some say 20 episodes, while others 35. Which is it? 

aww...thank you very much for added translation!! :):):)

Based on some articles, BBJX:R will air around September, but the exact airing date,  I think hasn't been released..yeah..I also was wondering..I read on Koalasplayground few weeks ago that it will have 20 eps..but recent reports said 35 eps..O_o

so..it still 8 months before we can watch BBJX:R..I think I will watch drama BBJX while waiting :P ..(actually i want to watch it now..but I've been busy with real life things..sigh)

• Like 4

So.. fanmade chart of who's who, who will be rivals,  who will be friends, who'll end up with whom.

As long as I see Ji Soo, and and his brilliant acting, I'm happy.  Can somebody answer, what exactly is the title for the drama is it still Moon Lovers?

Credit:kdramaupdate feed.

Embedded image permalink

• Like 7

It is very unfortunate that IU participates in this drama, personally I can never erase from my mind everything related to the issue of pedophilia. Korean society being so conservative it be easy to forget this matter ?. Let us not forget that she was not made false accusations and misunderstandings, all came from the mind and mouth of IU, there is indisputable evidence and she herself has not denied.

Besides the above, IU is not a good actress, there are many better than her and more suitable for the role actresses.

I hope Lee Joon Gi, the other actors and actresses is their careers as well as the drama is not adversely affected by the participation of IU.

I am a faithful follower of Joon Gi, but I decided not to see this drama, and also I know that there will be many people in Korea and elsewhere to veto this drama.

• Like 1