Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

Question: The first 10 episodes (original version) were edited by Universal Studios (investor #1)? This is unconfirmed info (rumor?) I just read on twitter and I want to know if someone knows something about it. :confounded: I still can't forgive YG (investor #2) for the inclusion of rap songs in Moon Lovers... I like his rappers but not for the drama... That's why I am so thankful for the SBS version. 

--------

I didn't noticed. :lol:

@Gabi Bros An investor can require, by contract, to provide some input as to the creative. I'm sure both NBC Universal and the Chinese investors would have stipulated that so that certain aspects of the final product will meet elements in their respective countries such as rating requirements (for age appropriate material) and such, but typically, no production or broadcasting company will ever agree for a 3rd party to complete or execute creative. NBC Universal might have offered the use of their facilities or their personnel to help aid in post production, but even then, all the initial editing will follow the director's script notes, which is the reason why the rough cut of any production is called a director's cut...not to be confused with the re-edited versions of episodes 1-3.

• Like 17

51 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@ruizaio @Adnana Just want to clarify on the production side, the original rumor of the director not having a chance to edit the first 10 episodes before the 'product' was delivered for formal Chinese review and final receipt by Youku isn't even plausible at so many levels. Post production alone involves so many different stages including the incorporation of the score (BGM) and ancillary OSTs used. The other major factor is a legal one. When you have major investors involved in a production like this, there's no way any intellectual property would be released until a final version was completed.

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't know if I'm relieved or more apprehensive now. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

@Gabi Bros Could you show me those tweets? My Google fu is apparently not enough. 

The way Korean fans have interpreted is that the director wanted to minimize LJG's role so that KHN's role could be more highlighted in the early episodes to give him a chance to ride on the Hallyu wave. Even the BTS clips released so far emphasize Soo-Wook interactions even off camera. 

It was only one tweet (sorry I don't remember the account)…I think probably is what that user and a few others think based on assumptions. :sweatingbullets: 

About KHN… I think the korean fans are not familiar with the C-Novel or C-Drama and that's why they think KHN is more highlighted because of director's favoritism. But honestly, its not. :) Yes, some scenes of Lee Joon Gi were omited in the international version but I think many scenes of other actors were also deleted (Chaeryung, child Wang So are the confirmed ones) and probably Kang Ha Neul have some scenes deleted too.  

I think SBS try to give a version with more of LJG because korean viewers are not familiar with those kind of stories in which the second lead (4th prince) ended being the first lead. That's how I have always seen Bubujinxin. Even the C-movie of BBJX (time to love) followed that path…in that one 14th prince was second lead that ended being first lead (in that movie 4th prince was the first one the leading lady liked). 

In the C-drama Nicky Wu (4th prince) appeared like 5 or 10 minutes in the first episodes. Ruoxi knew since meeting him (episode 1 or 2) that he was going to be the next king because of her history knowledge. We knew he was the lead (at least me because of the posters and because the opening and ending songs (of around 2 min each) full of spoilers in which the romance with 4th prince appeared). If it wasn't because of that I, that knew nothing about the story, would have been thinking he was only a supporting character. Around episode 15 (when the romance with 8th prince ended) he began to have more importance. Because of the writer in the korean version, the 8th prince arc got more extended…the writer made a love triangle: 2 men fighting for a girl. In the C-version was 2 men fighting for the throne since the start. 4th never suffered while Rouxi was in love with 8th prince because he didn't knew and because his feelings were not deep… He liked her and give her some presents…but not deep feelings...he was focused in trying to win the throne over his brothers (especially against 8th prince). Ruoxi's love for 8th prince began with infatuation but it lasted many years (I think like 5 years)…and after the break up, some time passed and she began her romance with 4th prince. 

About the director comment of KHN and IU doing a melodrama, I think he was teasing him for liking IU in more than a friendly way. Is like everybody knows and KHN is so obvious. Even LJG teased him with that. His reactions are so pure and funny to see. I think that's the reason. :)

EDIT: @meahri_1 Thank you for the explanations.

@ruizaio Thank you for showing the possible deleted scenes. I think many scenes shouldn't have been deleted in first place because they explained better the story. They should have deleted irrelevant funny scenes instead. The scene of child Wang So was on the youku teaser for a second…I really wanted to see it. 

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't know if I'm relieved or more apprehensive now. 

LOL. I'm not sure myself given some of the info you're heard about things that may or may not have occurred during the actual production. I can only speak with authority regarding what happens during post. I'm also familiar with what typically happens during production...but that, of course, applies to the way things are handled in my country. Not so sure in S.K. :P

• Like 9

I hope WS and HS really get married before WS be king. I remember WS on Shine or go crazy, he married woman he loves before he married the queen but did not written in the history.

• Like 23

8 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

From Dramabeans... I found this funny :lol::

• 212 dangi September 28th, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Hmmmm… lets see…..the episode was super… but it made me wonder…… SO- the woman you love is going to be hanged and yet you decided to put on your BB cream first, then go and save her… talk about priorities 

• 212.1 Vip September 28th, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Maybe he hasn’t wash his face for days… lol…

It is waterproof concealer.....!!!!!!!:w00t:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, AuroraSky said:

I'd be interested.  Please tag me too.

@ruizaio Me too please. :)

25 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

OMG!!! IU and LJG please stop being better than SoSoo!!! Why do they have the relationship that I want SoSoo to have?!!! Is not fair!!! WHY!!!?? I am not shipping in real life but I love their BTS. 

@Gabi Bros  AND THE KISS SHOT HAPPENED WHEN THEY CELEBRATED IU'S BDAY!!!! KYAAAAAA!!!  :lol: :w00t:

@edensor Hah, Chingu! Did you come out because of the kiss BTS???  :phew: :D

• Like 19