[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

12 minutes ago, dears said:

I'm curious to know is there such thing as immune to poison? And they said the General taught such kind of practice to Wang So.

Yes and no

I heard (never prakticed), that it is similar like a allergie treatment

You eat/drink a tiny amount of poison over a certain period and add a bit more each time
But the amount WS drank would be deadly ... he had just a better immune system and could hold longer and wait for the antidote
If you practice medicine thru homeopathy you eat poisen to
Belladonna
Arsenic
Some more are all poisons and deadly in a certain dosis

• Like 19

42 minutes ago, churasan said:

I really hope to see WW transition to a darker character... and not just turn "lukewarm" or something in the middle.  We can already see signs here and there, so I hope the writer doesn't hold back and goes all the way to the other end of the spectrum with is character.

Here's some predictions floating in my mind....

1. During HS's watermaid period, I think she'll try to stay low key after what happened to Lady Oh.... but I think WS will eventually melt her heart during this period. :wub:  Maybe at this point WW doesn't worry too much about WS/HS's future because the current king would never agree to the marriage between a prince and a watermaid.

2.  Then, after the CP becomes king, maybe he will elevate her status back to a noble again because she helped him.  (That's why we see her in pictures with new noble clothes like YH).... and maybe he even grants WS and HS's marriage.  I can see WW going into panic mode here :o, so he conspires with WY to get rid of the CP and have WY annul WS/HS's wedding?

3. When WY is in the throne... I'm wondering what might happen though.... You know I found this picture online.  It looks like a BTS image, but does anyone know where it is from in the storyline? Everything in this thread moves so fast, so I don't know if I missed it.

WS and the 13th prince look like they are wearing pretty common clothes.  Do you think they get chased out of the palace when WY becomes king?  Maybe Woo Hee helps them escape in some way since she becomes acquainted with the 13th prince and has some connections as a Baekje Princess (maybe that's her purpose in the story - since everyone seems to be wondering :huh:)?  Then they make a comeback?  I remember seeing a scene in the preview with WS and BA in armor on horses ready to fight.

I like your predictions! Impressive☺

Your 3rd prediction seems pretty accurate. But hust to clarify, are you suggesting that the two princes live in hiding as normal people? ..... I wish! I hope Soo would join them:wub::wub:

Please correct me if I've mistaken what you were trying to tell me :)

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, rumasa79 said:

Thank you so much dear @LyraYoo for the mention...

Monday feels like aeons away, doesn't it?

Going thru this thread sure helps a lot to unleash my addiction to this drama. My head keeps making assumptions on how the story may unfold.

From many sources and preview, apparently King will tell So (and other princes) to stay away from Soo. When he returns, he will ask Soo to marry him. Is she wearing the hair pin to give him the "yes" ? Awww, that would be too sweet. I can't wait to see Wang So's reaction when he sees her wearing it. My imagination goes like this : He will be in awe looking her looking so gorgeous in blue and when he sees the hair pin on her hair, he will go speechless :wub::wub:

This must be when HS waiting for WS to meet her. She must be feeling so antsy, but gleeful at the same time. And when he finally comes, she will send him a small, reassured smile that her man is here.

Am I writing a fanfic here? LOL :D

MONDAYYYYYYY, I SUMMON YOU TO COME! *banging head on my work desk*

I would love to see that happen too:wub::P

Is the scene you're talking about in the 12th ep? 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I like your predictions! Impressive☺

Your 3rd prediction seems pretty accurate. But hust to clarify, are you suggesting that the two princes live in hiding as normal people? ..... I wish! I hope Soo would join them:wub::wub:

Please correct me if I've mistaken what you were trying to tell me :)

Hmm... maybe the two princes are living as normal people in hiding where the Baekje refugees are?  Maybe Princess Woo Hee makes a deal with WS and BA... if she helps them get back into power, then they will help her and her people in exchange?  Actually... I'm not knowledgeable about Korean history, so I don't know if this is a plausible prediction.  Maybe fans that are better versed in Korean history could confirm?

As for Soo... If WY and company chase out WS and 13th prince out of the palace... I doubt WW would let her go with them.  :(  So maybe HS does something to help WS / BA escape and agrees to be a hostage (or maybe WW / WY holds her hostage to ensure WS doesn't revolt?).  Hopefully, if HS does end up getting stuck in the palace, Jung (14th prince) will look after her since he is WY's brother and not really an enemy of WW and will be allowed to stay in the palace, right?  He can protect HS if WW tries any funny business.

I think if HS remains in the palace during the WY reign, it would be just the incentive WS needs to go back to the palace and defeat WY (along with getting revenge for the CP.)  :wub:

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I would love to see that happen too:wub::P

Is the scene you're talking about in the 12th ep? 

I hope it will happen in eps 12 or 13, the sweet moments should be given after the tears we endured for the last episode right?:sweatingbullets:

The fight for the thrones would commence very soon, they better reward us first with lovey dovey scenes :D

• Like 8

6 hours ago, edensor said:

Look at that! This is too cuteXD

Did he unfocused bc IU's hand is on his cheek and his head is on her lap? XD

Help me... Help me!!! I'm smiling ear to ear again. 

Will we have this kind of cute moment everyday till Monday? I don't mind at all! :D

He make his own script! hahahha :wub:

• Like 19

4 hours ago, Lyna said:

I literally been re-watching all the cut with So and Soo just to wait for the next episode :)

With episode 11 saying goodbye to Lady Oh, I revisit her scene with Soo and found their predicament in relationship to be on the same level. When Lady Oh had forewarned Soo to stay away from So, I always have that curiosity as to the reason why she would tell Soo to stay away from So much more than the other princes (even Wook) but now I understand. A part of it has to be because she judge him rather than see him inside (judging the book by its cover) and part because he is the son of the woman who killed her baby. And given So reputation, there is that feeling that he could possibly be as cruel as his mother is.

And as she had mention, you can give your heart to another person to be abandon by them for the throne. The palace changed people which at that time, Soo have thought it would be So (because he would become the fearful king known in history). But now with episode 11, you can see how Soo relationship with Wook becomes the mirror image of Lady Oh and the King. They both gave their heart to the man they had loved, only to have their love be cast aside and abandon. 

That ending gives the difference between Wook and So. While Wook seem nice and gentle on appearance, he is cunning and calculating and has the desire for the throne himself. Him walking away from Soo was him choosing the throne over her. Much the same that his father did to Lady Oh. He becomes the representation of what Lady Oh warned her on - how the palace change people when the throne is involve.

Whereas, So appearance can be cold and fearful yet deep down, he holds dearly to those who means much to him. BaekAh and especially Soo. And even though he been in the palace for a while now, he has not been changed by it. He do not have the desire for the throne because it matter not to him. To him, Soo is his world and he was willing to run away with her if she had said the word. Unlike Wook who makes promises that he cannot keep, So was willing to give up his life to keep his. When he proclaim Soo as his and he is her, and that she cannot die without his permission - that was possession for her, but that was his vow/promise to her that he would stand by her and protect her no matter what. That no one can kill her without his permission, without having to go through him first. Which he has proven time after time, especially the poison scene. He knew the outcome for Soo therefore took the poison himself. That was for me, saying you want to hurt her - you will have to do it over my dead body LOL! Even when he tries to persuade the king and fail, he didn't give up. He still tries to protect her. If one way fail, he will go the other way. And in this case, he was willing to charge at the soldiers to get her. He stood by her in the rain without caring for the consequence to his father's word (if anyone were to help her would be punish).

The difference between them will open Soo heart to So as it seem she was already slowly going towards him (which she was afraid of) from their jail conversation. With Wook abandonment, it will allow Soo to truly see So and forego that fear of what he will become in the future. Rather than seeing what he will become, it will be a journey she will walk with So to him becoming who is he. Since history hides his journey, Soo being pull back to the past will allow her to see how So become king. His reason for becoming king, for fighting the throne. Since I am sure his desire for the throne will be for the sake of protecting Soo and those he holds dear to him (since I am sure with WH involvement and link to BaekAh, BaekAh will be in danger himself) and he is the one brother that So is fond of.

Gah, sorry for my rambling. I need Monday to come soon *tears*

I don't agree with you about Lady Oh's reading of So. I think she particularly warned Soo against So because she knows how much So loves Soo but also how dangerous he can be.  When So took Soo out of the palace, LO did not look as angry as when she found her with Wook in the cave.  I think she already knows what the princes are like and if anything she would have more sympathy for So who was treated so badly by her worst enemy, Queen Yoo. Remember as the king's lover she was probably privy to So's past and upbringing with the Kangs. I think you should give LO some credit that she is wise enough to see beyond the book cover.

• Like 19

24 minutes ago, edensor said:

Look at that! This is too cuteXD

Did he unfocused bc IU's hand is on his cheek and his head is on her lap? XD

Help me... Help me!!! I'm smiling ear to ear again. 

Will we have this kind of cute moment everyday till Monday? I don't mind at all! :D

hahaa...i watch again, Joong Gi's laugh so contagious. i like hear his laugh and when he's doing funny crazy thing, it makes me laugh but somehow i feel "wae?" :huh: when sometime he has girl gesture... (:sweatingbullets: joon gi die hard fans pls don't angry to me) 

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, freckledbelle said:

The eng sub makes the vid perfect. The korean language is interesting. I hope i can just program my brain to learn it. Watching kdramas will be heaven if that happens. If only it's that easy. Sigh.

and if you think about it, he's job in that scene only saying 'HS you shouldn't be here" and collapse and fainted.... why he has to turn so many pages LOL.... I think he's just being too comfortable laying on IU's lap hehehe....

• Like 20

3 hours ago, dears said:

I'm curious to know is there such thing as immune to poison? And they said the General taught such kind of practice to Wang So.

@dears I'm far from an expert, but I do know that if you take certain poisons in minute amounts (and increase the dosage in time), the body will build up a growing resistance (the same can happen with drugs).

For example, in "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas, a fictional situation but verified by real fact: a character had ingested over a long time small amounts of arsenic and consequently had built up a certain immunity. Then, when someone tried to poison her with (a big amount of) arsenic, anyone else would have died, but she managed to survive the poison (though not easily--it was a big dose) because of her body's previously built-up resistance to arsenic. Of course, if another poison had been used (to which she hadn't developed immunity), the girl would have been a goner.

That'd be the more orthodox (scientifically-accepted) view towards building up resistance to poison (and drugs).

There's also the more esoteric view, connected to what is called qi or chi'i (life force or energy flow) in East Asian cultures (and East Asian martial arts/wuxia movies, lol). Basically, great masters & students of certain martial arts are able to manipulate their qi and can do all sorts of stuff like break a stack of bricks with a single light tap, or walk on hot coals without burning their soles--and I'm sure, too, resist poison.

It just might be that, when learning martial arts from the General--especially given the level of proficiency he attained--Wang So trained to resist poison not just the traditional way (by ingesting it and building up immunity) but also by manipulating his qi (inner energy).

There might also be other special (if not esoteric) techniques, things that you could do physically (though I can't imagine how), like maybe slowing your heart (and thus your blood flow) to slow the effect of poison until you're given an antidote. Stuff like that. Ah, and of course if you have a powerful immune system, if your body is fit and strong, that might help too?

• Like 24

17 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

and if you think about it, he's job in that scene only saying 'HS you shouldn't be here" and collapse and fainted.... why he has to turn so many pages LOL.... I think he's just being too comfortable laying on IU's lap hehehe....

You took the words out of my mouth! :)

Some may say i am bad because IU has a bf but i ship together to the extent that i hope they're together IRL. ;)

• Like 23