[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, trizha1 said:

Uhhh...what??? This is in Episode 10 apparently, when he comes to check on her after their horse ride to the sea...can anyone tell me which part this came in? Was it before or after she was trying to explain to him the difference between love and friendship???! 

THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE SHE ACKNOWLEDGES SHE'S NOT SCARED OF HIM HOW DARE THEY CUT IT UGHHHHHHHH

Is it in the Intl version or SBS?

This was in the SBS version... and the subs you see are for the missing scenes which @ruizaio translated. An easy way to tell if it is the SBS version or not, is by checking if there is the SBS logo at the top right hand corner.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

I answered that one like 1Million pages before

It was common to marry half-siblings, to secure your reign ... Egypt, India, Persia and and did it ... till 150years (or a bit less) ago it was even common in European royal families to marry your 1. cousin (not siblings but cousins)

In India marriage between half siblings from ancient times was considered incest and immoral , in fact there are no instances recorded ever.... marriage between children born to same mother or father were/are considered as good as full siblings in terms of in-elligibility of marital relations.... Infact even children born to brothers were/are considered as good as being born to the same father... and marrriage between them tabboo....

Sorry to cut in but just wanted to clarify...

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, SukBin said:

In India marriage between half siblings from ancient times was considered incest and immoral , in fact there are no instances recorded ever.... Infact even children born to brothers were/are considered as good as being born to the same father...

Sorry ... my bad ... I had that in my memory ... sorry for that ... 

Thanx for the clarification!!!!

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, SukBin said:

In India marriage between half siblings from ancient times was considered incest and immoral , in fact there are no instances recorded ever.... marriage between children born to same mother or father were/are considered as good as full siblings in terms of in-elligibility of marital relations.... Infact even children born to brothers were/are considered as good as being born to the same father... and marrriage between them tabboo....

I don't know about others countries History but i remember that incest was ok only if you were high in social status in Egypt

I don't remember exactly but common people in Ancient Egypt didn't practice incest. They also find it immorals but pharons married theirs sisters as Ancient Gods. They accepted it because pharons were seen as descendents of Gods. Not completly sure since these info are only crumbs of memory. 

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, staygold said:

There is very little chance WS will love anyone other than HS. I am not even sure why WS will even marry YH. Her family isn't powerful or rich. And it's not like there aren't any other ladies in Songak for alliance.

Would he be forced to marry to keep WW in check? There will be something devious to make him agree to the marriage and it will probably involve HS's safety.

I think in the actual history, the Hwangbo clan was pretty powerful and important, so it made sense for Wang So/Gwangjong to marry YeonHwa. Wang Wook remained important enough that three of his kids were married to other royal family members. So this is one spot where changing the family story for the drama deviates a lot from history.

I don't think this will happen, but I'd love it if Queen Yoo pushes the YH-WS marriage as a way to tie them both down and keep them out of Yo's way. I like the idea of YH being against the marriage, too, but then the WS-YH making a political alliance to take on Yo and the Queen.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, hiluna said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hope he gets the baeksang award for best actor in MLSHR.  I was hoping he would get it last year for SWWTN but Yooh Ah In got it for SFD. I wasn't going to watch SFD because it was 50 episodes, but I wanted to see why YAI (not a favourite of mine) was chosen for the award. The first half he was meh but the drama caught my interest and I kept watching, then bang, there it was, the scene that impressed me with his acting (after killing the CP).  I think it takes memorable scenes where the actor can leave the audience with a wow factor for a long time. It was so with LJG in "The Clown and the King" and I hope again with MLSHR. As for your list of candidates @dfunthey are good actors but nothing memorable stands out for me although I haven't seen Remember and LMH's drama has yet to start. So at the moment I would say that our 4th prince has a chance especially if he continues to wow us. :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

As much as I hate vampire movies or dramas I sat through SWWTN, LJK carried that drama for the first 12 episodes but I did enjoy the drama but now far as his role in MLSHR, I think he do desrve and award for this one. I see why he was choose to act as the 4th prince with his boyish looks for a 33 plus year old man.. So here to hoping he gets and award for this drama it would be so befitting because this is supposed to be his last Saguek..  

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

YH sees her brothers all as a stepping stone ...
who brings her the farthest?
what can I gain from him?
She would love to see her brother on the throne, but even more would she love to be in the "evil Queens" seat and push folks about.
WY offered marriage to her, as he can see that she is as ruthless as himself and his mother, but he already has a wife, which would take 1. place from her and that's in her eyes a NoGo
WS has NO wife so far, so she has to eliminate theclosest thread to get to her goal ... who cares about love and such nonesense

@itzibitzispider  You so right there, In those days there was no loved between Kings and Queens and sometimes even concubines were ministers forces the king to take a concubine from some clan so they could become more powerful.. They force him,to bed her just to have and heir so that son could also be in the running for the throne.. Yh has seen weakness for a woman she will not leave her and mom life in his hands again.. Yh thinking who9 knows what he'll do next so as she said if he don't want to be King she'll make the next King si suspect she will continue after the CP life and my bet is by now she has her eyes on WS he's the only one that will stand up and fight.. So I could see her using all three WS,WW,and HS to get what she wants remember she's one scary princess

1 hour ago, staygold said:

Could YH's marriage to WS be the repayment of the debt she owes WW? May be at some point down the line WW will ask YH to marry WS to keep him from pursuing HS.

Not a bad deal at all for YH if only she could mend her ways and learn to truly love WS!! 

@staygold  You could best believe this is going to happen but WW won't be getting HS even if WS have to keep her by his side as the King did to Ldy Oh he will never allow heer and WW to hook back up because WS will keep her near to torture YH because of her and WW dirty dealing.. But people you also have to remember that WS liked YH to not to marry her but as a sister he even told her he wonder what type of women she'll turn out to be we'll he'll find out first hand..

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I don't believe WS will ever love her but I think YH will come to love him and become very bitter like Queen Yoo. Just like Queen Yoo has always been jealous of Lady Oh YH will also be jealous of Hae Soo. :lol:

She's going to die in misery and regret and that will be passed on to her kids..

• Like 20

3 hours ago, kammiya said:

Am I the only one that thinks Seohyun (girls generation) isn't the best fit for this drama?

All the cast is excellent, I'm glad LJG got the role of the 4th and KHN is great as the 8th, even IU who isn't the best actress out there fits with all the cast but I think Seohyun is still lacking as an actress...I just don't buy it when she is on screen :(

Maybe all of the GG fans will hate for saying this, its just my opinion, why all the idols have to try singing AND acting??...well maybe I am going through the tangent...

I totally agree with you . Her scenes with BeakAh are so random to me. Their presence makes not big impact at the storyline . And her acting is awkward. I am sorry too, please GG-fans don't fight me. Actually for the young actors only LJG, KHN and Lee Ji Eun and the actress playing YH have impressed me with their acting. They are fitting their characters so well that I can not imagine anyone doing their job. For the older ones, the actresses playing the 2 Queens and Lady Oh, JiMong and the King Taejo are really really  pros. However for the rest of the cast, I can't help but compare them with the actors of the c-version. Honestly I don't know if it is an editing problem or not but  I hope I just hope for better bromance between 4th and 13th. Anyway what really counts is that the leading cast are showing their hard work and shining. I am loving the story so far and enjoying the drama.. :heart:

• Like 18

32 minutes ago, freckledbelle said:

Same here. I don't think WS will love YH. She is rude and inconsiderate to the highest level and i believe that WS knows that since he saved HS from YH's beating. It's sad if YH will be his queen. However, the fact remains that it is HS who is WS's true love.

Remember WS didn't dislike YH but he will now because she's going to work a deal in order to marry him..This isn't going to sit well with him,, I don't think WS wouldn't accept thisa marriage if it wasn't something big in it for him..Yh will want this marriage to protect her family and wear the crown. 

• Like 15

Well ... about the Pharao marrying his sister to secure the throne ... is it fact or none ... but I read books about Egypt/Persian culture ... historicals, not like fake noval fakts ... I have not lived at that time, but I know from book ... I really liked history and specially Egypt history as teenager.

So it is said, that to secure the throne a Pharao married his sister, to secure bloodline and throne. I also read somewhere that she had to bear him children (specially a son) for herself to secure the position as queen.
Even their Main gods Osiris and Isis were siblings and had a son named Horus (might look on wikipedia)

Commoners did not practice that, but they did not have to secure a throne

And I also read the biographies of Emperess Elisabeth and some of her families (Wittelsbacher)
I am a freak I guess

I remembered wrong with India, but I guess everyone can have a wrong.

Still there were even cultures siblings married, even thought they did not look well on sibling marriages, but they just had a "contract wedding" to secure the throne or stay head of the tribe.

NOW in modern times most countries around the world think its inmoral and incest to marry your sibling ... in the UK they even had (or still have, I don't think so) a law that forbad the brother to marry his sister-in-law when widowed 

• Like 13

Just occurred to my mind- it's quite possible that the real YH was a only one love of the real Wang So. it's so hilarious that we all here are opposite of So-YH marriage but in real history it seems to me they were in love with each other (they had 5 children and other wife hadn't any-it's quite possible that Wang So didn't pay attention to his second wife and loved only YH;)

• Like 18

Episode 11 convince me that YH was in love/felt genuine love toward WS. 

Before i wasn't sure since YH is searching for power. I always thought that she was into WS because he was the 4th prince ( liked by the king and not far from succesion ) and he wasn't married so she could become queen or more powerful. 

But i was wrong, happy to know YH is a very good antagonist and very smart at it. 

Not sure about Evil Queen, she's too arrogant and not likeable to last in this game. 

As for the others characters (SeoHyun and Eun's wife), they were introduced too late. 

I don't really care about them. I just see that they are eating few minutes of more WS and HS's scenes

Especially, SeoHyun's characters who is mysterious but she isn't in enough scenes to be interesting. 

Plus we already have Ji Mong as an mysterious man. 

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

Just occurred to my mind- it's quite possible that the real YH was a only one love of the real Wang So. it's so hilarious that we all here are opposite of So-YH marriage but in real history it seems to me they were in love with each other (they had 5 children and other wife hadn't any-it's quite possible that Wang So didn't pay attention to his second wife and loved only YH;)

History says so ... but I honestly fail to see how he could love that thing?

Maybe he only ever loves HS, married YH for status, family connections or whatever (he is already out of the "better" family ... you know keep your enemies close ... after HS died he might have had to marry yet another, but she failed to receive? And he just bedded YH out of obligation and the need of the "heir and spare"?

You do not need to love a person to bed her or get her with child. Might as well think about  refurnishing the library while at it. Count the days, look at the moon, wait for the astronomer and royal physician to tell you "Now" visit her bedchamber and roll over her (oh how romantic)
Might not work 100%, but at least saves you to bed her each night ...

The drama is leaning on history, not 100% copy-paste ... specially as we do not know for sure, what really happend or lead up to a conflict ... it's like a rumor "Did you hear that?" "He said ... and then, she did ... and you know what happend" and so on ;)
Even the historians that wrote it down right away, might left something out (not to bring misfortune on their door) or added something (to get certain favors or shed a better light on their family).

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, TeBe said:

I totally agree with you . Her scenes with BeakAh are so random to me. Their presence makes not big impact at the storyline . And her acting is awkward. I am sorry too, please GG-fans don't fight me. Actually for the young actors only LJG, KHN and Lee Ji Eun and the actress playing YH have impressed me with their acting. They are fitting their characters so well that I can not imagine anyone doing their job. For the older ones, the actresses playing the 2 Queens and Lady Oh, JiMong and the King Taejo are really really  pros. However for the rest of the cast, I can't help but compare them with the actors of the c-version. Honestly I don't know if it is an editing problem or not but  I hope I just hope for better bromance between 4th and 13th. Anyway what really counts is that the leading cast are showing their hard work and shining. I am loving the story so far and enjoying the drama.. :heart:

To be honest, i find her acting lacking, too. But i am happy because so far the acting of the main actors are superb especially LJK/LJG. He is so good in historical dramas. 

• Like 10

@valsava

maybe YH offer WY the throne but he must give WS to her??? i think YH smart enough to see WS capabilities to be a king in future.. he is well respected in term of war and people love him after the rain ritual... but i still think that WS will have to married YH in order to get the throne so it will happen when WY ruled...

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, violet90 said:

@valsava

maybe YH offer WY the throne but he must give WS to her??? i think YH smart enough to see WS capabilities to be a king in future.. he is well respected in term of war and people love him after the rain ritual... but i still think that WS will have to married YH in order to get the throne so it will happen when WY ruled...

@violet90  Hello, This much I can believe Yh wantiung to be with Ws but Wy don't know this and WW will keep that piece of good information out of the equation because no way will Wy will agree to him marryinbg Yh when he has a thing for YH and her family backing could help secure his throne.. I think Wy will try and marry HS to WW which woulds be to late for him because sahe will be in love with WS by this time and refuse to marry WW which WW will tell WY to marry WS off to get back at Ws and Hs because she no longer have feelings for him..I could see WW become spiteful..   

• Like 12

so much to digest this week more than 100 pages..... with kiss scene bts & pics fly over this thread & twitter/instagram & youtube make me really want to be here with you guys... yet my life (work) quite hectic this week:sweatingbullets:...

just want to share, for next week preview when HS said break up dialogue, i believe she said that to WW not WS. Our preview usually misleading us with the dialogue & scene showed. 

Okay guys need to go to work & will catch  up with tonight ( i would assume another 50 pages tonight?:phew:)

• Like 16

There is one theme common so far. In order to protect what you care for, you have to pay the price. In order not to marry the king, HS had to cut her wrist and nearly die. In order to save HS, lady Oh had to sacrifice her life. It's like Newton's third law---for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

most probably in order to save HS's life, WS will end up paying the price---by marrying YH. For HS to get her freedom, maybe she might have to do something drastic. Something that will drastically change her relationship with the princes.

• Like 24