[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, deabakdrama said:

@lavendre I think the moment WS proposed to her, she has not settled down her mind because WW left her without any reasons and words. That's why she asked herself during her protest in the raining,...WHY ? Until WW tells her that he can't go against King's order. She must be very disappointed with WW, the man she "loves"....,I think I should use the word "likes" instead of "loves". HS never ever said "I love you" to WW, am I right? I think I am correct....:D

Exactly @deabakdrama she never did say it back to WW. I believe she cares for him. WW even proposed to her and she never said yes. I know if a man I love proposed O would say yes right away instead of thinking about. Thinking about it means I am not sure if he is the one. 

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

@junee22 and he will dry your hair with towel every day...

@solelylurking it's depend on... if she willing to take a chance it means she know the risk and it will be a joyful. but if she forced to do it (which unlikely..), it will be a disaster a joyful disaster :w00t:...

he already has countless mark on his back and shoulder, i don't think he will mind if somebody add some more.

It will take a looooooonggg time for HS to kiss them one at a time. A joyful disaster, hah? Idk why but I like the sound of that.

• Like 10

@KdramaSwimmer pretty sure you're not the only one, every one gives me that weird-what happen with this girl look every time I read or reply @solelylurking

and this girl nor only have the claw, she also have its fangs and fur too.. she indeed a wolf, wait for the full moon, she will fully turn into wolf and chased Her personal heater. 

and glad that picture can make you laugh, I posted some other pictures too. even though I don't know it's funny or not (I haven't considered to put it on IG, so you need to back track for it) 

btw what time in india right now... why are you still at your office?

@solelylurking you know my dear something sinful always be tempting, that's the joyful disaster sound so great. and don't worry since that girl is his, she has plenty time to treasure it. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, dustdevil said:

More examples of intermarriage when you sift through the family trees: Wook's son marries one of Gwangjong and Daemok's daughters and one of Wook's daughters marries Gwangjong and Daemok's son Gyeonjong. Another one of Wook's daughters marries Baek-Ah/Anjong and becomes the mother of King Hyeonjong (and the ancestress of the whole Goryeo dynasty.) Which indicates that after So became King Gwangjong, Wook's family was still in favor enough to be maintain these ties. 

Didn't Wong So marry Wong Woo's sister?  Therefore, Wong Wook became his brother-in-law.

• Like 3

@KdramaSwimmer what so funny about heater? It's an essential tool for everybody who live in a 4 season country. Specially in a library where 'reading' can freeze you. 

And horse riding too. It's a good sport. A little expensive since we only use royal horse but it's good for your body. You have to wait in line though. I'm not finish with mine and @dhia205 hasn't finish with hers. Next is @junee22 turn. 

Smh in disbelief.. Now, now. People might think we are talking about something perverty. 

I didn't chase the heater @dhia205. The heater chase me! And he can also turn to male wolf if darkness has embodied him. Why laughing at my repons though? I always write SINCERE TRUE HONEST posts. 

Or not.

:P:P:P

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So,

I read that Roxy and HS are significantly different. And from what I read, I would admire Roxy's character so much more.

HS has been turned into a candy girl ( irrespective of the genre kdramas have a thing for candy girl is it)... she is too good, too nice, always in trouble and needs a prince charming to come save her day.

Roxy 's character synopsis that i read:

1. WW: She actively restrains herself from being irrevocably be involved with WW because she knows what the end is - he will have too many wives and too much of household trouble for love to sustain and ofc he dies... which gives Roxy a very rational pragmatic personality trait. 

2. WS: Again, its is she who chooses to leave WS and not other way round. She realizes that he will do whatever it is for the throne, she realizes that a person's personality is not 1D (e.g. live for that one person all your life, have nothing else no other emotion but the intense passion for your lady) .. and he has his thought process, his own wants, his own emotions... And she chooses to leave him because she realizes he is not going to change (pretty much what Lady Oh told to HS - people don't change for someone.. its inherent)

3. Its is very intersting that neither the 8th nor the 4th is portrayed as 1D - good vs bad... infact 4th is as anti hero as can be.. he is calculative, very very shrewd.. and ambitious.. and the novel/series is not apologetic to show that..

The thing with love is, whoever you love.. becomes the good guy in your eye.There is never an absolute good or bad. Perspectives vary. compatibility vary. WS will not be best for all girl types (usually you will find fierce strong male characters paired against physically weak female characters/ emotionally strong with emotionally weak). WW will nto be  best for all girl types (glib ones with sharp tongue girls/ balanced with balanced/ matured with matured).....

Its always abt finding that middle ground/balance/fulcrum point on the balanced persoality spectrum.

HS:

1. What I don't like is, for beginners, HS is definitely not shown to be pragmatic. Romance can take you only so far. The best examples in history come from struggle for independece and various strikes/min wars that were conducted against the imperialist. There is difficult to find a more stronger emotion that want for one's freedom and immense misery that follows captivation. Even then, struggles would fizzle out.. some sooner than later... (you can't be on hunger strike forever, people lose the zeal)..... Similarly romance also has its stages.. it can't be honeymoon period throughlout your life.. eyes shining and those sexy stares everytime you look at your beloved.. no body gets used to it, mind gets used to it.. and from passion, it moves towards comfort/familiar space..

So, even for WS to sustain this passion is a little unrealistic. Perosnalities will clash sooner or later. There will be other desires, emotions, wants that will creep up and everything in life can not and will not be about each other.

2. I hate the fact that from originaly a strong character where she chooses to let go of princes... Here, HS is being abandoned (candy girl).. WW gets to leave her.. god knows how they will play WS's arc..

3. I want to see HS make decisions.. not be a frail cat sitting in dark corner ..  participate actively because she is already at the center of everything.... either be part of the game or actively move away..

If she were to choose to be with WS knowing that eventually he will become king and that she queen...that it is a safer bet.. I would actually be interested in seeing a true 21st century rational girl... Or if she has her moral ethical stand against seeing people killed, then i'd prefer that she cut ties and goes away...

What is the point in being armed with all that knowledge and not use it...

4. From narration perspective, there is one character whom HS could use and play with to actually try and attempt to rewrite history. Ofcourse, that requires the character HS to be shown as intelligent and sharp. 

She has such a huge humoungous weapon in JM. One man she can totally manipulate by talking about her visions and premonitons. JM- a man who truly runs the kingdom...Arrghh..w asted opportunity..

Lastly, if she were to marry 14th prince as in original novel (honestly doubt kdrama will do that because it is basically against law of kdrama.. that heroine marries anyone else but the hero.. if hero rejects heroine is supposed to be doomed in her loneliness aka. 6FD)..

Anyways, so if she were to marry 14th.. extend the respect of a husband to a man who chooses to stand by you despite your lovers shunning you or you shunning your lovers.

Agree with most of your post, especially that part about JM and using future knowledge. But, there are moments that show HS as a more independent character than Rouxi. In the Chinese drama, its because of the efforts of the prince that Rouxi doesn't become a royal concubine. Whereas, HS saves herself from marrying the king even knowing there would be consequences for her actions. And I really liked that they changed the reason why HS becomes demoted to laundry maid. It felt so illogical of Rouxi to choose becoming a laundry maid (hard labor that would eventually shorten her lifespan) instead of marrying her childhood friend and then ending up marrying him anyways ><. 

• Like 19

@solelylurking IKR... I don't know why people always misinterpreted our convo... it's just a regular thing horse riding, heater, robes,hair pin, books, library, royal pool, bracelets, rein. no kinky stuff at all  hahaha... .:P

and it's totally your wish to chased by the heater... especially when he turn himself self into the sexy dark wolf, I bet you'll scream in happiness hahah...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Lastly, 

Question for all:

Do you think there is something special about an intense, passionate, have eyes only for the girl , brooding , fierce, good looking and skilled man .. that other types such as cassinova, nerd, witty and charming male characters don't?

In my entire life's experience of drama watching across countries, I have seen men catapult to fame more often and faster by playing that character over others ( yes other characters also get popular..but the intense one never goes wrong with anyone.. unless acting, directing is super screwed up)

Who is your fav hero type?

And how realistic is this intense character? Seen one in real life?

Spoiler

I definitely enjoy seeing the intense or witty characters over the charming or casanova or regular kind. Maybe its because the character description in itself allows for a complex, layered characterization that adds more depth and mystery. For example, I loved Blair and Chuck especially Chuck, I loved House, I like Sherlock. I loved Ji Sung in Secret, Jang Kyung Ho in Heartless City, Park Bogum and Seo In Guk in I remember you, every single character in the JTBC drama Last.

But there are exceptions, I also love regular guys and nerds. Like everyone in Signal or everyone in Marriage Not Dating and Lee Beom Su in Prime Minister and I, the second lead in current drama Jealousy Incarnate. 

It boils down to who you can connect to but it would be a lie if I didn't accept that I admire the intense, passionate ones tiny bit over the others. For me, its the unattainable, larger than life charm and mystery attached to the characters. Can't say about others.

For the second question, no, I've never met such a character in reality. And honestly, the reason the characters work on dramas is because of escapism. I think we all know, that real life requires stability and it doesn't work like that in our lives. 

Edited by LyraYoo
unrelated content
  • Like 13

7 hours ago, dfun said:
  7 hours ago, jayakris said:

Note from darksmurfsub.com ... We have finished QCing the English subs for Ep 10, set for the broadcast SBS version.  I'm not fully sure what was different from the international version, but I think scenes of the SNSD singer (the HuBaekje princess in disguise) were cut out in the international version. We have subbed those scenes.  You can download the subs and enjoy, if you have the proper raw video.  We're working on Ep. 11 now.

7 hours ago, dfun said:

there was also part of a monologue during the HS/WS beach scene that was cut I think she though something along the lines: I shouldn't be afraid I have to stop him smth like that(this isn't accurate 100% as I can't understand Korean 100%)

She thought to herself, "It was an illusion. Right, it was an illusion. Rather than be scared, I should prevent this man's misfortune," in the broadcast version.  A fairly important line that I can't believe they cut out.  The international version seemed to be an utter mess with the terrible music track they have there, instead of the slower and somewhat nicer "are you listening now?... I need you, I need you, I miss you" song that is in the broadcast version.  Well, the reason they had to change the song in the international version was because they had moved the SunDeok bedside scene from Ep9 in the broadcast version to Ep 10 in the Intl version. That was just ahead of the beach scene. The same song was there, and was really appropriate for that scene.  So, rather than repeat the same song soon after for the beach scene, they seemed to have thrown some crap music in, which drowned some of what was being said, and totally killed the mood of the beach scene which was so much nicer in the broadcast version.

There was also something she thought to herself just before telling him of friendship and love at the makeup scene in Ep 10. "It's not that I am afraid of you, or don't like you, Your Highness. I am worried".  That wasn't in the international version.

Yeah, there are quite a few of such things here and there. It seems like the international version is just a hot mess, poorly edited and missing some key short passages or thoughts/conversations that describe what is going on their minds. Why is the drama doing this? God knows!

• Like 23

2 hours ago, faeriealice said:

If they marry in secret, meaning they intentionally not put themselves in the records, YH will never know that HS is actually his first wife. It will be a secret only between the two of them and whomever else they decided to share that moment with. Not to mention it would be quite amusing if YH thought she was his first wife, when really she's the second. LOL.

@faeriealice  I don't think WS would marry HS in secret Ws is the type to not hide nothing, And besides marrying like that could mean death I remembered in shine or go crazy JH and whats her name had to deny that they was married because both of them would have to die or she would because he was a prince.. So I don't think WS would put Hs in a dangerous situation like that knowing what the outcome of it would mean..

2 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

After the kiss, 4th Prince looks regretful but doesn’t know what to say. Instead, he takes Hae-Soo out of the palace to the ocean where he admits his feelings for her. Hae-Soo tells him she’s in love with someone else, but 4th Prince isn’t deterred.

@Yippeuni  Hello, Don't you just love this about him, He don't let small things like that bother him, He just took it with a grain of sand like whatever I'll still do what I must to obtain your heart, So go on having whomever it is in your heart because I'll be the one to push him out.. And as you could see from the last scene of the episode when he was sheltering her fronm the rain how she rose up on her knees it's like WS gives her a power of strength..   

OK HAPPY 800 PAGES SCARLET LOVERS

• Like 14

Hello again, Chingu...

Consider all your posts "liked"...  I'm way behind but of what I've read there are lots of creative people in this forum with their thinking caps on...  Again, pardon me if some one else already said this but...

I've been thinking about the preview for episode 12...  the murder or attempted murder of the King...  just speculating here but, HS's memory of her Korean history is that WS kills all his brothers to ascend to the throne and she thinks he's some sort of monster-in-the-making because of this.  But this doesn't fit with WS's character.  What does fit with his character is, as the King wanted him to be the CP's "shield", if the King dies or is incapacitated, his other brothers and their puppet-masters go after the CP and WS protects the CP and the dead King's wishes.  Of course, this will result in the deaths of all his brothers but not because of WS's lust for the throne but because of their own ambitions and of those behind them.  This would also make the case for WS also wiping out the manipulating families... because had not the power-hungry families pushed and manipulated the respective princes, he would not have had to kill his brothers to defend the CP and carry out the King's wishes...

Just thinking...

• Like 16

still not 800 :P

immediate next post  one should be.. testing .. we completed 20 comments o this page

does youtube have light off option?

and can we download videos?

6 minutes ago, esma-div said:

yap :D

Darn you.. you beat me to it..

i calculated the comments on previous page.. and was hopinh to be the first one :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, violet90 said:

i truly think the happiest time that WS and HS will have whether they married or not is when CP ruled... CP really seem fond with HS after all she done to him and heal him also he willing to step from CP position to save her.. so yes i think CP will take HS back into palace as his adopted daughter or as a court lady.. so WS and HS will have some peace at that moment... they can have their peaceful love in palace....

about when WY ruled....... what if the way WY control WS is with HS?? look IF HS is a court lady so its mean she belong to the king right??? so maybe WY want to take HS as his consort and this make WS want the throne to protect HS...? i mean WY is the type that will do anything to achieve his goal and add YH who have eyes on WS and know how much HS mean to him.. its my take on why WY can control WS when he rule...

@violet90  I so agree with you on them having peace when the CP rules but in WY case it's going to break the allience between him and WW If we see this far in the drama This could very well be when HS finds out that WW and WY are trying to kill WS..What I don't get is why WY didn't marry YH when he ruled is it WY the one that makes Ws and Yh get married this is the mystery to me just how is that these 2 gets married when WY always wanted her.. 

2 hours ago, faeriealice said:

I don't think she will still be in love with WW- I am confident she knows what they had is over, but I think she will want closure. She is in pain, heartbroken, betrayed and broken. I can imagine she is being plagued with 'Why?' , 'Why does this always happen to me?' , 'Am I not enough?' thoughts and reeling in regret of not heeding Lady Oh's warning and advice.

Also most importantly, one of the things  I noticed with HS even when WW had proposed to her, was the fact she was literally trying to convince herself everything will be fine, when her gut was actually telling her otherwise (this is why she was hesitating in the first place), and we later see her desperation when she tries to convince Lady Oh of their 'love'.

The real question now is when will HS be granted that closure she desperately needs, because that will influence how long it will take for her to move on.

@faeriealice  To be honest I don't think HS knows what love is she has confused nicesness with love WW is nice to her and says things she like to hear but as you said she's trying to convince herself that she loves him.. If she loved him she wouldn't fall for WS. I think her closure will come when she realize who the person that always was beside her in her time of need and go that extra mile for her..

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:
2 hours ago, qwenli said:

Ok I have to admit that at the rate that this thread moves, I do miss a lot of posts.

so voila, how excited I am to read that some folks has mooted the idea that the cp will adopt hs and hs can then marry ws, since he did marry his Niece in history,

this is such a brilliant idea. Totally awesome.

i fear for the ep that ws will be marrying yh, I may throw something into the Tv....

@qwenli... I so wishing for that Chingu. I would be very happppppy :wub::wub::wub:

@qwenli & @UnniSarah  As much as we would all love this it's no way YH would let him marry HS remember this.. YH will us Hs to try and control WS but no way would she allow her to be his concubine we have to think about Queen Yoo the second she knows this would hurt her brother..Yh won't hurt Wook again but then thinking about it WW did cut ties with her so who knows..

10 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

still not 800 :P

Not yet but were almost there hopefull this post will do it..

• Like 14