[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, Akiddo said:

I thought about this too...

In ep 11, King Taejo said Wang Mu is Wang Geon's only son. Wang Mu was his first born even before he became King (historically when Taejo was still a general). They have a special bond that the rest of the sons do not have. 

Hence for Soo, she could be Wang So's only wife - before he became King. Soo won't be able to be his Queen partly due to her scar (not that he cares but well..this is drama!) Yeonhwa will be his only Queen - she is the wife of Gwangjong. Similar to Ruoxi, Soo probably would be terrified of Gwangjong. So slowly loses himself to be the King of Goryeo while Soo slowly fades away, no matter how hard he tries to hold on to her. 

Even if the King or CP grants the marriage to Wang So - she may not be called the 4th prince's wife but stay as a hand maiden to serve him. Of course he would treat her like his wife and maybe have a private ceremony for heaven and earth to witness their union. Hahahahah...i have watched too many historical romance dramas! :P 

But at this juncture, I cannot imagine how they could carve out a happy ending for So-Soo.

Damn... I can't tell you how happy I was when I read this. This analysis is so good and the conclusion is amazing! :D

I'm very happy that you came up with such a theory because it really put me to ease. My worries for the ending have been bugging me recently quite a lot because I am a dying to see a happy ending for HS and WS. I absolutely love your theory and I'm a little confident in seeing it happen in drama. :)
Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm too used to all of my stupid theories have around 0% chance of coming true but even if your theory doesn't come true at least I can carry the hope that it does happen and live the rest of my life in peace. :D 

Honestly I really want to see a happy ending for the two but if it weren't to happen then I want to see your theory come true. I have a question though... In the C-Drama did the 4th Prince really kill all his brothers, cousins and subjects like the said in the K-drama?

• Like 21

@KdramaSwimmer  @LyraYoo

Ohhhh..nothing special..we're only talking about riding horses,go to the library,cleaning rooms,make ginseng extract...general and common things like that..really..nothing "special" *wink wink*

• Like 5

Wow! I have been following this forum and reading all the posts since last week. And took me days yet I still haven't finished past page 600. You guys are amazing.

I love this drama ever since C version released. It is amazing to see K version because it is always supposed to be better and more exciting than other versions and sometimes even the original. I am just sad some scenes never make it past the director cut. I saw posts talking about requestion for DVD that is uncut version and I really wish to see a full version. Hope I can help in near future and I sure buy a set to keep.

I really wish to see how the story will turn out to be. This drama caused me to unable to sleep. And I rewatch certain scenes more than 10 times. Will Monday come sooner?!

• Like 20

31 minutes ago, fengari said:

A detail that attempts to deconstruct the, among other things, possessive and  "non conformed to feminism" love of WS for HS:  I read many comments where WS actions (mostly, the so called forced kiss, or the (IMHO, whimsical) threat/promise " i might kill everyone else as long as it is not Baek Ha") are seen as signs of possessiveness and therefore are criticized as non feminist. And usually, such comments are  justifying  WS as a person of his era.

However, I think that WS does not need such an excuse. Because his behavior (in general and) towards HS  is not possessive, at least non possessive in a non feminist way. To my eyes WS is the more modern character of his contemporaries in the aspect of ideas and values: In the case of HS, what he wants for her is that she live a life not being controlled by others, and to be free to go anywhere. He stated this clearly in previous episodes and he showed this through his actions.He never stopped her to do what she wanted, he intervene only when she was in real danger.To give an example: when WS and WW were  trying in vain to persuade the King  to cancel the marriage, HS appears, smashes the vase and starts to hurt her hand.That moment WW rushed to stop her (what he sees is a damsel-in-distress, and his manly task is to save her by stopping her), but WS stopped him, in order to let HS proceed with her spontaneous plan. Why? because WS trusted HS´s mind and will, he ´was not seeing a damsel in distress, but a resourceful woman who is a fighter in her own way, a woman able to survive by herself.So WS restricts himself this crucial moment, though he couldnt bear her injuring herself (the next day he threatens her never to do this again, to put herself in danger, because he cannot bear her death). There are also other moments hinting the same pattern of So´s attitude to HS, but I will spare us. In short, WS loves her as an equal, in fact he started to love her, to be curious about her,  because he recognised her as an equal, as someone similar to him. And this is why I love Wang So. <3

min-jun, aka fengari

p.s: I posted the above comment, some hour ago in the context of a discussion. And I wanted to share it with you here. Any thoughts?

@fengari  Am in total agreement with you. I've come across a couple of other MLSHR related threads where a few people decided to stop watching the drama altogether because they were so offended with the scene and the fact there was no subsequent apology from Wangso. It's a shame but it was very apparent they couldn't look beyond the scenes...totally taking them out of context in relation to Wangso's prior actions and behavior. Like your typical anti-hero, he says many things that counter his actual feelings and outlook. This is who he is. In many ways, he's your typical guy. It's very obvious that he cares deeply for and is physically attracted to Soo -- he never hesitates when he wants to pull her in and hold her close; when he does, it's very apparent he'd like more physical contact; his attention immediately focuses on her the second she's in his vicinity; any way you slice it, Soo is the center of his world. AND YET, you're right that he never does anything that might diminish her in any way. Yes...that first kiss was all purely So, but he realized it soon after when he saw her tears, and has promised since that he will not do it again without her permission. There was no intent to emphasize power or control...the key motivating factors in cases that involve violent acts such as rape. The desire for power is actually something Wangso has not exhibited thus far in the drama, AND as you stated, there's a long list of examples to show that So truly does look at Soo as his equal...even more so, the person who completes him. There are quite a number of viewers out there who are so very black and white when it comes to scenarios like this. As I've said in prior posts, scenes like this, when used appropriately and not gratuitously really do serve valid purposes. Those hard-line viewers are unfortunately doing themselves a disservice when they narrow their views and fail to take note of all the factors contributing to a character or scene. They then lose out on watching a really good drama.

• Like 24

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

@kriswu the pix that LJG posted on his ig is a future scene. That blue dress of HS hasnt appeared yet :)

On weibo, some guess that he could be lying down for the makeup artists to draw scars... but really, why does he needs to bare his body again. lol

hmm but the IG photo was photoshopped (the bottom right corner is very weird). Either JG thought his chest looked fat (no way, he's too skinny) or it revealed some spoiler that had to be edited away....SOOO CURIOUS

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Just bring your own heater. I can't share my heater with anyone for maybe 2-3 months. After that is a 'maybe' and 'probably'. Depend on my Wolf said.  

oh sure i will... i don't like others people property, even tho sometime that will be challenging too.... we'll see...

@KdramaSwimmer of course @solelylurking can't say it out loud, or she will be reveal her wolf claw.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

oh sure i will... i don't like others people property, even tho sometime that will be challenging too.... we'll see...

@KdramaSwimmer of course @solelylurking can't say it out loud, or she will be reveal her wolf claw.

Wait until 3 months and maybe I'll give you my heater if you give me yours..

• Like 3

STEALING HEARTS: RYEO

bbks11_23

Moon Lovers: Bo Bo Kyung Shim: Ryeo officially, irrevocably stole my heart in Epsiode 11. I keep re-watching the jail scene between So and Soo, and my heart shatters a little more each time for So. I keep re-watching the last few seconds of the scene in the rain when So holds the agitated Soo, and I fall in love with him a little more each time. I have posted both scenes for those who are totally loving So and loving the way he is loving Soo. And for those who are totally swooning over Lee Jun Ki.

And yes, I’ve thrown in a pretty MV.

Spoiler

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/29/stealing-hearts-ryeo/

• Like 16

40 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Damn... I can't tell you how happy I was when I read this. This analysis is so good and the conclusion is amazing! :D

I'm very happy that you came up with such a theory because it really put me to ease. My worries for the ending have been bugging me recently quite a lot because I am a dying to see a happy ending for HS and WS. I absolutely love your theory and I'm a little confident in seeing it happen in drama. :)
Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm too used to all of my stupid theories have around 0% chance of coming true but even if your theory doesn't come true at least I can carry the hope that it does happen and live the rest of my life in peace. :D 

Honestly I really want to see a happy ending for the two but if it weren't to happen then I want to see your theory come true. I have a question though... In the C-Drama did the 4th Prince really kill all his brothers, cousins and subjects like the said in the K-drama?

@SizzlerZ

Deep inside - I am just a die hard romantic. :) 

This show just unleashed all my romantic notions to the max. Haven't been like this since I don't know when. 

Forgot to add 4th Prince killed 8th and 9th. 14th was under "house arrest". 10th had to live carefully with his Wife but he had a happy ending. 13th died due to ill health. Historically,  Yongzheng himself died after 13 years on the throne - he worked very hard during his reign. His son- Qian Long - reigned for 60 years or so. Yongzheng paved the way for Qian Long to build a strong and prosperous China. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, missluxedo said:

@ruizaio I would totally be up for that, sign me up! If that set also comes with deleted scenes, I am definitely willing to buy it! 

If I didn't already show interest, I would definitely like to sign up for it too.
Maybe Kick-Starter might be an efficient way to show the amount of interests?

The BTS pictures are amazing ahahahaha!
Got about 10 pages to catch up too this morning xD

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Wait until 3 months and maybe I'll give you my heater if you give me yours..

you wanna try my? i don't think will fit for you tho..it's pretty sweet for it's look... but you can wait for next 4 month if you like 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dfun said:
  Hide contents

this year is filled with great dramas and we can expect a though battle, some of the dramas are not even finished yet and some are yet to come out so even though he is a strong candidate others will be as well. Song Joon Ki was amazing in DOTS, personally I think Yoo Seung Ho was amazing in Remember:War of the Sun not to mention Ji Chang Wook is currently acting in The K2 and Lee Mi Ho's drama is scheduled to air this year as well, also Lee Jong Suk was great in W and all of these dramas were extremely popular there are also a lot of other dramas I can't remember from this year but these are the names that come up first when I think about it.  

I haven't watched DOTS but W was really thrilling and breathtaking. Lee Jong Suk was really great there:))

• Like 5

Hmm… This will be a quite long post so let prepare yourself or just skip it.   126.gif

It’s my meagre try to sort out what could be the reasons behind some choices and behaviour of our dear protagonists. I am not sure if I will manage to put all my thoughts correctly so lease forgive me...

I would like to start with the difference in concept I can see between the cdrama and kdrama versions which, in my opinion, have quite an impact on the plot.

Because of spoilers I will have it hidden.

Spoiler

The biggest difference I can see is the driving force behind protagonists’ actions and, in result, characters’ set-up.

, but it seems to me, that all their decisions (at least life-changing ones) have their roots in this particular desire.4th and 8th princes. Of course, the love was there as well, - as the drama is a romance - but still its level of importance seems lower than the power they were seeking for. The method to gain it was different for and 8th. From the first episode the throne was the goal for both 4ththe throneIn cdrama, it is

. (Which by the way was a completely strange twist in plot. Like, dah, what’s going on?! What's gotten into her suddenly???) of courseI could see it also in Ruoxi’s decision when breaking with 8th. He chose the throne,

She knew from the start that he wanted it and still she made an ultimatum. And the second later (OK, maybe few years later....  118.gif) she falls in love with a man who has even stronger desire to become an emperor – a cold and self-contained 4th. (What the?! Oh,PLEASE... Someone shot me! ) image.gif

And even though their love story is sweet and heartbreaking (Forget about the hairstyle. No one’s perfect…) but the whole storyline was a close result of the great dream to become THE EMPEROR.

At least in my humble opinion.  image.gif

So, for those who has skipped the spoiler. We have the throne as a driving force in cdrama but not in kdrama, at least not in the first half of it. In SHR, I believe, it is the passion and love what drives protagonists to make decisions they made.

I cannot see any desire for the throne in 4th and 8th at first. The only one who we know for sure really wants to become a king is the WY – which is OK, someone has to be a bad character to move the plot further. (Just a small digression here, he is good at it, don’t you all agree? Such a talented bad character... Love him very much! And all this sexy jewellery. Mmm... 146.gif)

Going back to main topic, in SHR there is a so much more romance. And even though, there are many similarities in general – some scenes and twists in the plot, cdrama and kdrama are different on important matters.

In result, the scriptwriter/director gave us such natural reason for HS to change from WW to WS.

I will now try to explain how I understand what lead both WS and WW to their decisions. To do it properly I concentrate on each protagonist separately.

First, with WW.

He is a man of good upbringing and of mild character. A collected, serious, quite good-hearted and very well behaved person. He has grown up in the palace and lived close to his mother and father all his life. It is not important here what was his relation with king Taejo but I can assume that even if not close enough it were probably good enough. What, in my opinion is a very important factor, it is the fact that he was brought up to live up to a certain standard and to behave accordingly. He is bound by his upbringing to follow society and cultural rules. Be a good son, a husband, a prince, and on and on. You choose! He lives in a quite small and closed world of the palace and his household never taking a step out of it as it would be unheard-of.

Then he meets HS and everything changes. She is different – a carefree soul without any regard for rules. She laughs and do a lot of unpredictable things. She has freshness in herself and purity, seemingly quite uncommon in Goryeo’s high society. And so WW falls in love. Who wouldn’t?!

Nonetheless, he cannot break out of his cage made of rules. In all important times, he hesitates and waits. He does not act rashly but follows THE RULES, all the time! His wife dies – we wait because of the mourning (this I can understand). Then she is taken to the palace – he lets it happen without any fight only taking some cautious steps but nothing too rough. Next we have the rain ritual – WS promises that he will request to the king but then the wedding happens and we must wait. AGAIN!  120.gif

RULES, RULES AND RULES ONCE AGAIN! Come WW, be a man! I thought many many times.

For me it looks like there are RULES and there is love in WW life. And love is not a No. 1 for him. That's why it all goes to the drain. He chooses his position over HS. I am not talking about his family because, for me, it only sounds like an excuse. Why? Let me explain this point.

On one hand we have HS who will die if some evidences are not found to prove her innocence. On the other, we have YH, a princess and beloved daughter of the current king. It is hard to believe that she would be simply sentenced to death if the king would have found the truth. For the f*** sake, he knows about all the scheming queen SHS has done and she is still living happily ever after, isn’t she? So, it does not look that WW’s decision is really about his family. For me, it feels to be more about his position and fear of losing king’s good grace and his chance to become a king. Because now, after 10 episodes we can finally see that the fight will shift to king-making. It has started with HS warning. Something has awaken in WW – sth very dark and cunning. The feelings which were hidden deep inside have starting leaking. We can see more and more of them. Sadly, there is little love there and more anger. All bad emotions caused by helplessness and his constant inability to protect HS, jealousy directed to WS, growingly distant and cold relation with his wicked and power-hungry sister. It is so mesmerizing to watch how this well mannered and cautious man changes…

On the other hand, there is WS.

WS is very skilled in sword, ruthless and cruel at times. He appears to be cold and uncaring with very little consideration to human life. Cunning and highly intelligent WS can protect well himself and what is important to him. But it is only a surface of the real person WS is. Because on emotional level is just a child with bruised heart and soul. A child constantly seeking his parents approval even though he has been abandoned and betrayed then and now. In the first episodes we see that this grown up men feared by so many still looks up to his father and mother, still believes that maybe one day…. WS has been hurt very badly by his birth parents and sold out for some misplaced reasons to other clan which hated him no less. He had no one to comfort him, no friend but the tree he had to destroy to survive. How lacking in affection his life was?

WS knows very little about the life in the palace and does not care about strict society rules. Rules are nothing when you fight for your life in such unfriendly and cruel environment. This is, in my opinion, the biggest and the most crucial difference between 4th and 8th princes.

So, the story starts when WS comes back to the capital and suddenly everything makes a bit turn in his life. WS encounters HS at same time as WW had. A girl no less who stands against him. Who is not afraid and talks back. Probably quite shocking experience for our poor WS. image.gifThe sad thing is that if HS wasn’t the one there for him there would be no one else.

HS with her warm heart and 21st upbringing says unconsciously all the right things. Her actions are slowly healing his scars and turning him from a monster and animal to a human being. As Lady Oh said: “you cared for him and that is how he learned to care, too”.  It so so very true. A person who had no single person on his side suddenly gained the first (HS) and shortly after the second (BA). And so, he would do anything  to protect them and keep them on his side.

For WS nothing else matters and his future decision to fight for the throne is, as was mentioned many times on this thread, just the means to accomplish it. Rules are nothing and that is why WS so easily crosses all boundaries and is not afraid to go against the king. I believe, that if HS decided to run away he would do it right away and without looking back.

But she has decided to stay so he will too. And he will even change himself to increase his chance for the throne.

I love him so much for this. (And besides, he is so damn dark and sexy… I just can’t stop droolin’ on my notebook all the time. 153.gif)

I think that all WW and WS actions are justified by who they are and by their own set of morals. I am really looking forward how they will change and what will they do to gain what they want.

And I am so looking forward to HS-WS love story as I strongly believe that in WS's case the love will be still the driving force behind all his decisions and actions.

There is still much much more I would like to share but I just skip for now…   image.gif

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

you wanna try my? i don't think will fit for you tho..it's pretty sweet for it's look... but you can wait for next 4 month if you like 

Don't worry. He got quite a smouldering psycho eyes if he wants to, that horse of yours. Great, I'll book my reservation then. 

@junee22 you want to booked yours too? Which horse? Haha..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Okay. Mmmm *clears throat*.  Back to serious analysis.

Everyone of us should be seriously happy that IU doesn't do statue kisses. Seriously. LOOK BELOW...lips parted...mouth open. 

STILL CAN'T STOP SMILING. :blush:

@minmar @cedarwood Has the Joongi thread shared this yet?

@lisethvr The cherry on top of this BTS surprise is that they shot this on IU's birthday. Joongi said the kisses were her bday present.

@akinahana89 @chi13lou @luci13 @Layali Chingu...kiss BTS video!!  Don't miss it!

Hahaha, so lovely couple...I hope PD nim will create a scene whereby HS will kiss back in return....hehehehe 

• Like 12

Loving loving this drama!  So fab! Just some of my thoughts and guesses. I think this drama is a story of about Gwanjong (Wang So) path to becoming the emperor of Goryeo Dynasty. He becomes the best King. And it also talks about he falling in love with Hae Soo/Ko Ha Jin.

1) Ko Ha Jin transports to Goryeo Dynasty

I am not sure whether we already have a discussion on this but I think this is important in the story. In the drama, it is being portrayed that So and Wook are in love with Hae Soo but what I think is that they are actually in love with Ko Ha Jin’s personality. Remember Ko Ha Jin is transported to Goryeo for a reason. They have no interest in Hae Soo until Ko Ha Jin enters Hae Soo’s body. 

2) Grand narrative of Wang So (Gwanjong) being the King. A great King which unify the kingdom.

Okay, so we going to have So and Wook fight for the throne with So becoming the King. Based on the characters, in the drama So will be the best person to become the King. He has the best traits to be a great King, better than the Taejo and other princes. This corresponds with the history that Gwangjong (Wang So) is the best emperor who unified the kingdom, remove powerful but vile clans, free the slaves and introduce Confucianism. Taejo is not a good leader in my opinion. All characters are set up for the grand narrative that Wang So (Gwanjong) will be the King. Taejo dies then Crown Prince dies, 3rd prince ruled for awhile then Wang So become the King. Eun will also dies. Wook is the closest candidate besides So to be the King but he is not suitable. He will not make a wise King. I argue that he his more emotional than Wang So. 

Note: I will not go into the reason why the others will not make a good, wise, dignified and strong King like Gwanjong (Wang So). We have seen from the 11 episodes thus far with culminating on episode 11 why Wang So (Gwanjong) make the best King and every thing paves way for he being the King. 

3) The King’s love. 

Hae Soo/Ko Ha Jin is the only So's love and an eternal one that crosses time and space. But Ko Ha Jin will return to the modern world. It makes sense for her to return to the modern world because she is from the modern world. So I think Wang So will marry YeongHwa for only political purpose to remove the powerful clan and to consolidate the King's power. BUT for that to happen, before that, something must happen between Wang So and Hae Soo that separates them forever. I think Hae Soo will die but Ko Ha Jin will return back to the modern world. Remember his love is only one. He loves Hae Soo so for him to marry YeongHwa something must have happen to Ko Ha Jin/Hae Soo. 

Such a very sad ending it will be. He will be the best King that unified Goryeo Dynasty but his love is only with Ko Ha Jin/Hae Soo and he cannot be with her. :bawling:

These are just my guesses. I may be wrong. 

• Like 20