Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

To be completely honest, I really like Wook. I just don't necessarily want him to be with Hae Soo, but I don't want him to suffer either.

On another note: I wonder how the King will die? I know that they edited the preview to seem like it was Wo Hee that stabs him, but I have trouble believing that (just like how in the preview for ep 11 they didn't show that it was Lady Oh that was hanged and instead sort of implied Hae Soo). 

And Baek Ah is now probably one of my favourite princes (just slightly below So, lol). He's such a big sweetheart and that scene with him standing by So's beside with CP and JM wondering why it was always So that was getting injured was really moving. At least So has one brother always by his side (and now hopefully the CP too)!

• Like 19

8 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Wook knew he'd been manipulated, maybe from the start. Why he make them do that? Because he was kind. He let them take as much from him as long as they are happy. That was change due to HS. His love for her enough to make him be selfish and break out from all that. Eventhough it means he has to lie to himself. He hates being weak. But he was willing to be weak, and go outside the palace wall, as long as HS with him. He wants power a.s.a.p for her, anyway. Because he resents himself for not being able to protect Soo. That's why YH hates HS so much and make her the scape goat to be killed. But she was right to play the HS card to make him change. 

He killed the maid because he can't have loose end. It will endanger his family and himself, and make his sacrifice that night goes sour. I agree with you to Why he didn't visit HS again. It was out of guilt and ashamed. He realised, in the end his promise to her was yet again an empty one. 

In a sense, Wook is a coward and a brave guy at the same time. He wasn't dare to face the problem and confront the King like WS. Yes, he did it not only for himself and I understand the reason why he did it but not being able to be truthful to yourself and your lover and stand up for her is a cowardness too. I pity him. Life always gave him hard choices behind measure and it gave almost no choice to be picked. I myself would pick my own family, well at least my good kind mom, if faced with that kind of a choice. I said he is brave because it was no easy thing to gave up in your lover's life. Wook saw HS as the love of his life, him not being able to do anything is not because he didn't love her but because he was weak and used of waiting until opportunity present him with a better choice. Because his love is deep and true, is why he and YH was not sibling anymore and she own him a huge debt.

So he's a coward with a good cause (I know what most of you guys gonna say: he's a coward anyway! Hahaha). But bear in my mind dear friends, his heart for HS hasn't change although his choices has. He will persue her again when he has enough power to do it. It was the weakness that make him had to let her go, from his point of view. So when he gains power his steps will again lead to her. And he will make everyone who separate him from Soo pay. 

Wook indeed a complicated character because there are so many things that was like yin and yang inside of him. That is what make him interesting. That's why his my dearest wolf hehe. 

@solelylurking Sorry cut your post, and i agree with you about Wook. Yes before i said he's coward and hate to said. I'm actually pity him, i can feel his complex feeling to choose between his own choice or family, it's big burden for his life, it's always sad and tragic story if you think you find your happiness but your close one (family) against it (just like Romeo & Juliet story), in the end you have to choose and let it go, they didn't understand you will suffer for your entire life. But i didn't agree because of this Wook change himself become a bad guy. 

I'm also think about Wang So if he will marry Yeon Hwa, is that mean Wang So just like Wang Wook? He's change...he also couldn't take his promise to Hae Soo. Just like Lady Oh said Hae Soo better don't trust people, but Go Ha Jin and Hae Soo face same problems in her life, her feeling always be betrayed by her close one because she always want to trust someone truly, poor Go Ha Jin and Hae Soo.

I hope Wang So think about this in the end he break her heart with his marriage, Wang So owe her in future life that he should only a man and a friend she can trust, never break his promise again T_T be strong Go Ha Jin and Hae Soo, you will find your true love.

ps.i should catch about 10 pages ^^ wait for me...

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

Just watched Ep. 11 with subs and lots of tissue...

You know... matricide is an ugly, horrific, unconscionable sin.  But in Queen Yoo's case, I'd be willing to overlook all that to see her de-throned...

Favorite lines from today's episode:

WS to HS:  You really know how to cause me problems.

HS to WS:  I don't know what to do with you.

WS to HS:  Always lecturing...

They already sound like a long-time married couple....  :)

Ha ha! Well, I think one would have to be a mother for it to be matricide - The lady was just an incubator, nothing more- even vicious snakes look after their young ones. This woman defies all logic...

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Nindia Putri said:

Yoooo FINALLY the sub is here!

I have one important question and asking for your opinion!

When I read all the history and some articles, it stated that WANG MOO will be the second king after taejo ( which is i believe maybe he will take HAESOO back or allow so to marry HAESOO ) and the THIRD king will be WANG YO ( which is i believe he won't be on his throne for a long time since you could see 6 minutes preview where wang yo face looked shocked and being murdered ).

but.. WHY? WAE?

In the 12 preview there is a clip when WANG SO and WANG WOOK were fighting over the throne ? It should be WANG MOO who will be the next king. Don't you think it's too fast ?

I will be waiting for your opinion guys!

Anyway.. try to understand wang WOOK situation with a lot of burdens that he must carry. Wook received a lot of love from his family even tho QUEEN YO give a lot of pain to them and HIS MOTHER LOVE THEIR CHILD. In the other side WANG SO didn't received love from his family for a long of time and HAESOO is the one who gave love to him. So, i think it's normal since WANG SO don't have so much thing to lose over HAESOO. 

Do you think throwing your beloved mom that protect and love you since you were a child over a girl will be fair ? 

I pity him so much. 

It's good that this episode will turn our eyes and heart strikingly over WANG SO, but i think i still believe that WOOK is a good guy. Just my opinion guys lol lol STILL WAITING FOR SO SOO LOVEY DOVEY moment!! ( i don't know when tho but... lol)

If i'm not mistaken they both are not fighting for the throne but defending their side. Cause I remember in the long trailer there was appearance of crown prince and wang yo so I'm thinking that Wang So is defending Crown Prince side while Wang Wook is fighting for Wang Yo side. They make it look like they are fighting for the throne but really if they are going by history then crown prince than wang yo then wang so but who knows what the writers are thinking now :vicx:

I get Wook is a filial son and wants to give what his mother needed especially being accuse of a crime she didn't commit and his family name was dishonor because of that, if only he has the guts to tell that to Hae Soo that I'm sorry but I cannot protect you any longer because I have to protect my own especially my mother, now he won't be a bad bad person, but then you can't totally blame him since like his mother he wanted to live a peaceful life but his sister likes to stir the pot and now he's involve in order to protect his family and in order to achieve the goal, he has to risk people to do it which is Hae Soo. Yes she's going to be heartbroken but then she realized that all along her true love, soul mate was beside her the whole time trying to threaten to kill her a few times and would argue with her. Without Wook, both Hae Soo and Wang So won't have probably met each other and interact with each other

• Like 18

10 hours ago, heartforkdrama said:

I think You have right... I mean good eye

Ahaha thanks.. I don't know why I pointed Ji Mong in the background but I was curious if anyone was saying goodbye to Hae Soo as she left the palace and then there's Ji Mong.. perfect..

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aine7 said:

There is something that strikes me watching the last two episodes: the symbolism of water.

Time travel associated with water. Go Ha Jin drown and “reborn” as Hae Soo (actually emerging out of water directly into trouble… but that’s her path to overcome all sorts of obstacles). There always a transformation associated with water.

I read a comment about the dichotomy Wook – So in expressing their feelings. Cave vs. beach, restrained vs. open.

Including the association of water/body of water, Wook’s feeling will always carve through him without plainly emerging to the surface. So’s feelings unrestrained, opened, raw.

There’s a second manifestation of water through rain: Rain ritual: time for So’s transformation – to overcome his fears, build confidence. There’s a sense of growth, nurturing, cleansing

Rain in break-up scene: Wook’s transformation – resigned, resentful. Bleak, cold, heavy atmosphere, like a corroding factor  

@aine7, I like your observation a lot. And I really like the way they use rain in that last scene. As you pointed out it symbolises different things for each one of them. So is standing in the rain for it is been established that, for him, it's the sign of the heaven's approval... while Wook is walking away for "blood is thicker than water..."

What being noble means, the qualities or the rank? What protecting loved ones means?

This is where their upbringing shows, So being honed in rough battles in the open and actively making life and death choices--yes, So would not leave his people behind, and Wook being relatively sheltered, confined in the palace and marriage, observing and reluctantly playing the intricate schemes  of politics for higher power play--Wook unwillingly chose to leave Soo for "a greater good" (his family's survival).

Actually, I enjoy Wook's arc, not the romance with Soo but of him walking "the noble ground" and slipping...., and Yeon-Hwa's the most in this drama, aside from So-Soo's journey. 

• Like 17

Does anyone know the song playing when So visited Soo when she was in prison? It sounds like Lee Hi's voice. Is it a new upcoming song? Thanks!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, solelylurking said:

To those of you who feels disappointed by Wook in eps 11, I'm sorry, but you must know it by now that he is the villain in this drama. I repeat. WOOK IS THE VILLAIN a.k.a the bad guy. 

If he is not failing her, if he's not sacrificing his love for HS now and went ahead with his ambition, if he's not turning back from her and went ahead to accompany her in the rain, when will you think HS move on from him and fall in love with Wang So? In the year 2016?

well dear as So-Soo shiper actually I have to say big thanks to WW choice, if he decide to stick by HS side, So-Soo moment will be dragged to the end of the drama. 

problem is, people (including me actually) believe that the villain is Yo and his Crazy mother, at a first WW described as a gentle and sweet guy. people already enchanted by that charm, so when he make choice like that i can understand why some people feel betrayed and disappointed (so please give us some time :tears:).

but again since i'm SoSoo shiper I won't complain to much, at least his choice give me a chance to se SoSoo relationship development pretty soon. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, snowglobe147 said:

Episode 12 Video Preview Translation:

http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/1138708

King: Take Hae Soo away. Send her to a place where she can never meet the princes again.

WJ: Are you really going to let them do this to her?

WW: I have to live too, you know.

King: You still have lingering affecions for her?

WS: She's not a person I can just throw away.

WS: I missed you.

WS: Let's marry.

WS: You're my person anyways.

WW: A prince and a maid in charge of the water for the court ladies to wash their faces, getting married?

WS: It's marriage if I say so.

Astronomer Choi: You should cancel your appearance at the (*some ceremony*).

WS: I will become the king.

WW: I will become the king.

End.

YES please! But So, let Soo fall for you hard first and have lots of lovey dovey moments before that. We fans need it. xD

HS is the only one for WS.

WS will not marry unless its Soo. Maybe it's WY that YH will marry. She said Whoever that provides road to the throne. and WY really wants her. And this drama has a creative license to history.

Oh god please let me be right even just this time. I will die if I have to see that marriage as it is written in history. :bawling:

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

If i'm not mistaken they both are not fighting for the throne but defending their side. Cause I remember in the long trailer there was appearance of crown prince and wang yo so I'm thinking that Wang So is defending Crown Prince side while Wang Wook is fighting for Wang Yo side. They make it look like they are fighting for the throne but really if they are going by history then crown prince than wang yo then wang so but who knows what the writers are thinking now :vicx:

I get Wook is a filial son and wants to give what his mother needed especially being accuse of a crime she didn't commit and his family name was dishonor because of that, if only he has the guts to tell that to Hae Soo that I'm sorry but I cannot protect you any longer because I have to protect my own especially my mother, now he won't be a bad bad person, but then you can't totally blame him since like his mother he wanted to live a peaceful life but his sister likes to stir the pot and now he's involve in order to protect his family and in order to achieve the goal, he has to risk people to do it which is Hae Soo. Yes she's going to be heartbroken but then she realized that all along her true love, soul mate was beside her the whole time trying to threaten to kill her a few times and would argue with her. Without Wook, both Hae Soo and Wang So won't have probably met each other and interact with each other

I agree with you @Immortal_Angel Of course, I'm upset that Wook turned his back on Soo in her time of need, and I can understand why he did that, but I would have liked it even nore if he was honest with her - Because if you saw when she was being led out to be hanged, she was still waiting on him to pull through for her - and he didn't show. Even he couldn't save her, he should have tried to see, if it was only to say goodbye to her for the last time -Dying alone without your supposed lover near you - I don't think Soo deserved that from him at all. :bawling:

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Hmmmm good point. Maybe its gonna be happend like what you said. Its so sad to see princes being divided into 2 groups. I wonder which side that 10th prince and 14th prince will be on.

True.. I pity him but i still admire him. If he throw away his mother for haesoo then it showed us he is not a good man/son. I think he should deliver it to haesoo asap, i hope haesoo will hear and understand in the next episode.

well... You can't get everything you want in your life and we all make sacrifice to protect what is the most important in our life ❤️

It's unfair. But its life anyway.

Thanks for the insight! 

• Like 13

As much as i dislike Wook's cowardly character, do you guys think going after the throne is two fold for him. 1). To protect and strengthen his household, and 2). Win Haesoo back
I mean physically, and tangibly I know he has turned his back on HS, but emotionally, I think he still loves/wants her in his own twisted way. It's just that his methods really suck richard simmons. 

In the long trailer preview, Wook says "Missed you every moment." and HS is in her demoted laundry maid attire during that scene. So I'm assuming Wook will visit her in the next episode, probably say something like wait for me, I need to become King to get you out of here so that I can marry you. Then HS will probably return the bracelet here and cut ties with him because she finally believe Concubine's words about the palace and princes?

I think in the end Gwangjong ends up killing quite a few of his brothers because they conspire against him first. I think a lot of his actions will be him trying to defend himself. After all, I think the over aching theme of this drama that was foreshadowed in episode 2 is where HS says "Is it so bad to want to live/survive?". 
All this time she's been freaking out about WS becoming Gwangjong, but towards the end of the drama, she will have her revelation where she finally accepts her own words, and stops condemning WS for killing others to survive.

• Like 19

4 hours ago, violet90 said:

i'm now say goodbye to the old HS.. i thiWill nk the HS that first arrived on Songak already died the moment Lady Oh dies...

i personally don't think she will recover as herself at all now... seeing next week the only person who still stay with her is WS and my take BaekAh and WJ will be on her side too but she will know now that this is not the era that let her be herself.. she gotta tough up and face it all and she will... i think HS is one of toughest character in here cause whatever happen to her she always bounce back....this what happen to Ruoxi too.. the reality of palace hit her really hard and it changed her in so many way.. became more mature and graceful and i think HS will be like this too..

i also want to clarify that WS and HS love story is not the usual one.. they already care for each other deeply and this will change my guess in the next eps to love on HS side.. they will love each other in the middle of throne battle and its not an easy love too.. if you expect light hearted romance you won't get it from this couple... their love is so much deep and mature.. they will rip your heart out and make you cry with the way they love also the way they hurt each other.... and i can't wait to see this kind of love.. its been a long time since i witness this type of romance.... 

its TongHua most epic and heartbreaking romance of all.....

WS and HS is on their path to create that romance..........

Sooo agree with you.... from now on, we will See difference SH "mature SH"

I love the 4th prince to 13th lines, in c version/37 ep. "Look after her, she only worries for other (the princes), i only care for her"

Ps: mod, please DeLeteThe picture, my delete tool or what ever doesnt work... sorry

• Like 23