Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

I feel bad for WW, he knew he could not protect her. He had to kill to protect his mother ones, he had to kill again (this time his love for HS) to protect his mother again. 

• Like 12

The preview for next week looks grim as well. I feel like they've broken Hae Soo now, and although a few people might've had qualms about her idealistic attitude before, I'm really going to miss that now :(

• Like 16

53 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

Can you please tell m ? Is the singer for the ost played when lady Hae and lady Oh died is she the same singer who sang fox rain and fate ? Two very iconic Ost songs? I forgot the singer's name but her voice is just so unique and I want to confirm this. Thank you for answering m :) 

Very much like Park ki Young's voice as in "only longing grows" in women's secret... Such beautiful voice.

• Like 4

I just realized; So's holding the hairpin he gave to Soo when he waves to her in the preview. Is he giving it to her again or did she give it back or something???

Also, masked So (!!!) appears again. Not going to lie, I kinda missed him.

• Like 20

37 minutes ago, am420 said:

I don't agree with the narrative that Wook has so much more too lose than So. Episode 10 showed us that So also has a lot to lose up to and including his freedom. His one wish was to stay in Songak but the moment his mother and #9 and the others began scheming to ruin the relationship between him and the CP, the king wanted to send him back to Shinju where he was abused, held captive for years and basically thrown to the wolves. Sure he doesn't have a family that will be impacted by what he does but he puts his freedom in jeopardy for Soo because he places more value on Soo and his promise that she is his person than he does on what he could possibly lose, he essentially tells her so on the beach "even if I have to leave Songak, I wanted to bring you here". I'm not saying that Wook should abandon his family for Soo anything of the sort but I just wanted to point out that So does indeed have a lot that he could lose by continuing to protect Soo. 

Amen to this admire onion head ... I keep saying it too. I can't accept this as an excuse. Like I mentioned it last week, he is the typical man who is in "bad faith" (Sartre's philosophy: existentialism). Wang Wook feels that he is not responsible for the events in his life but he is because he allowed people to control his life. He is just like Taejo who allows the clans to dictate him to a certain extent. When he is pushed to the extrem, then Wook will react which makes him lose: episode 4 by protecting Hae Soo and Jung, later the marriage with his father. 

So endangered his freedom and even his life (killing the monk) and he is willing to take some risk. He could have died there. To me, wang Wook is not willing to die for someone else. He has no remorse to kill others, while Wang So shows much more remorse!!

• Like 19

Delurking here after such an intense episode... My eyes will be swollen tomorrow and there will be an ache in my chest...

The haunting song during the deaths of Myung Hee and Oh Sang Gong is the latest OST, Part 9. Had to look it up...

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, am420 said:

I don't agree with the narrative that Wook has so much more too lose than So. Episode 10 showed us that So also has a lot to lose up to and including his freedom. His one wish was to stay in Songak but the moment his mother and #9 and the others began scheming to ruin the relationship between him and the CP, the king wanted to send him back to Shinju where he was abused, held captive for years and basically thrown to the wolves. Sure he doesn't have a family that will be impacted by what he does but he puts his freedom in jeopardy for Soo because he places more value on Soo and his promise that she is his person than he does on what he could possibly lose, he essentially tells her so on the beach "even if I have to leave Songak, I wanted to bring you here". I'm not saying that Wook should abandon his family for Soo anything of the sort but I just wanted to point out that So does indeed have a lot that he could lose by continuing to protect Soo. 

I never said that So had nothing to lose—your post is reason enough to show that he does in fact have a lot to lose as well.

However, the difference is that if So were ever ordered to return to Shinju, he could run away like he planned to with Hae-soo should she have wished it when they were at the beach. There is arguably some leeway there.

In the context I was speaking about, Wook didn't have a third option. If he chose Hae-soo he would be throwing his family to the wolves; if he chose his family, he'd have to give up the woman he loves. 

In that same context, Wang So could draw his sword and cut down the guards that were taking Hae-soo to the noose because the only thing he cared about was her. Whatever the consequence of that action were Soo not have been spared wouldn't be at stake for him because like you said, he values her above his freedom, and by drawing the sword he had already made that choice.

If So rescues Hae-soo, and the consequence of that action been a loss of freedom or even his death, it would be worth it to him.

However for Wook, it's vastly different. Having made his choice to save his family at the expense of Hae-soo, would he be able to say it was worth it? If that were the case, he wouldn't be fighting as hard as he is going to for the throne.

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, angel318 said:

Hello everyone~ I've been silently following for a couple of weeks now. Thank you for the all the spoilers and insights (especially the little details of history)!!! <3

Btw, side note to the above comment~ the king knows what's going on (he knowingly sent his loved Lady Oh to death after much persuasion). The king didn't have power back then in those times, that's why he married so many women to get support from their powerful clans. The throne is a seat for one who's willing to bear it. It's not all that glamorous. If you're willing to sit on it, you must put the weight of the country on your shoulders. 

I get he didn't have power back then but with so many years pass by and yet he cannot create his own power to control the others which make you wonder how did he manage to run the country. I mean throughout history from china to japan, etc all the kings who rose to power due to supports and clans, they themselves make sure to know how to subdue the power and strike fear in others in order to maintain their power. This king here knows one of his wives is out to harm others but yet does nothing. But then I'm wondering how strong is evil queen clan i mean remember during the flashback when she threaten the king with Wang So he was set on marrying another wife for their power and she cant do anything makes you wonder if her clan is strong or after that incident she made sure her clan has enough power to threaten the king?

I get that once you become king, you are a figure to the nation, a person who has to bear the burden of his people but in order to do that one needs to learn how to control his family. I mean without structure, how can one rule the country? Instead of running around marrying wives for power, try to create and build your own and with that you show people that you have the power to wipe out another clan instead of relying on one clan

• Like 10

Been away and am way, way behind but I just have to say this...  ...this drama really does death scenes well...

Ah, the burden of being king, part military general, part. politician, part diplomat, full-time strategist.  I haven't read all the postings so pardon me if I step on someone else's post..  I've been thinking about the Crown Prince.  I must say, of all Taejo's sons, he really is the only one who appears to have all the qualities to be a future king.  He isn't as hard as Taejo .but he seems thoughtful, compassionate, diplomatic, we've seen he's gone out on military missions so. there's no lack of courage there.  All the other sons are either power hungry, greedy, scheming, immature and lazy such as when Wang Wook tells his mother he just wants to live a comfortable life.  Well, heck, someone's got to make that comfort possible..

It seemed to me Lady Oh was ill, all the eating of bland poridge, etc.,  She claimed it was so she could better taste tea but I think she may have had stomach cancer and while I haven't watched Ep. 11 with subs, I'm thinking the conversation with Soo and the King went something like, I'm dying anyway so let me take responsibility for the attempted poisoning of the Crown Prince...  Hopefully, Soo will get kicked out of the palace at the same time So also has to leave to return to Shinju and they both can find their way into that pool and back to the 21st Century.

Oh, another thing.  I wondered why So waited so long before coming out to stand beside HS.  Methinks he knew of her infatuation with WW and so waited until his brother showed his true colors before stepping up to show her who the real man was...

• Like 13

@Adnana There was a rumor on Korean web that the director didn't even get to edit the first 10 episodes because they didn't have time before the Chinese review deadline (they were still filming hectically in July). Of course, it was posted by an anonymous person, so it can't be trusted. 

• Like 20