[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

25 minutes ago, SukBin said:

SInce we established that So is the better choice for Soo...

Lets delve in to the next question...? Who is the better choice for the throne... ? Wook or So... ?

I believe that Wook is a reflection of Taejo... atleast in most of the aspects... the same throwing people under the bus for greater good... sam justification of pathetic actions as sacrifice... same waiting for his chance behind the scenes.... basically he is Taejo 2.0

Common people will be as powerless under his reign as they were under Taejo....

Whereas So is everything that Wook is not.... Passionate, Driven and Dynamic.... he is by no means a saint... but he doesnt care for manipulations and waiting game.... he is straightforward , go Get It kinda guy.... when he makes a objective for  himself whether it is strengthening Goryeo by weakening the Noble clans strength.... or strengthening common people by providing opportunities for them to join the government.... he can do everything with a single minded devotion... without caring to making excuses for his means to achieve that end....

Toi summarize Gwangjong was the King Goryeo needed and not Wook.. just like So was the person Doo needed and not Wook..... 

@SukBinThe king that abolished slavery will always be the better king in my book. That's gwangjong!

• Like 14

4 hours ago, TeBe said:

I like your theory about how WS and YH will get married . WW , YH and evil Queen will somehow find a way to force this marriage. Each of them for his own selfish reason. WW to get revenge from So, who stole HS from him, YW she only has eyes for the throne and wants to be empress and powerful , evil Queen already shares the same ambition as YH and we must not forget that she hates seeing WS happy

@TeBe  You miss another fact about YH going after the throne she also will marry Ws to get back at WY.. She knows WY hates that WS has outshined him and Wook in everything they tried to do and also she can't have HS becoming a Queen over her and she'll have to look up to.. WW is doing it for if I can't have her no one can.. 

This drama would have been awesome if it had 50 episodes..

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS SHE KNOWS HE IS MEANT O BE KING...SHE WILL NOT WANT TO RUIN HIS FUTURE...SO SHE WILL ANSWER NO TO HIS PROPOSAL...THANKS GOD WS IS NOT A MAN WHO TAKES NO FOR AN ANSWER!HE WON'T GIVE UP BUT WILL FIGHT AND BECOME THE PALACE OWNER...SHE IS A PALACE LADY HE WILL MAKE SURE SHE WILL BELONG TO HIM!

I'm with you on this one @andy78 I can almost hear him telling YH touch her and die better yet I;ll make her Queen and you her servant..LOL Ws is more then capable of doing this..

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

And that's okay. We all make our choices and we live with the consequences. That is life. He has made his bed and now he will sleep in it. He chose his family over her, which is understandable and he's not the first man who ever did that. I've never ever faulted him for that. Never.

@40somethingahjumma  The beauty of that scene wjen he turn his back and walk away was nicely written by the writer but I'm wondering will braindead Annie will get at that time he gave up on having her..

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But for a guy who spends most of his life thinking and weighing things up, he didn't think through things enough. He wanted to love Su but he wasn't willing to get his hands dirty to do it. Also understandable because he is a prince and she's just a palace maid. He's concerned about his family's well-being so he can't approach the king rashly... also understandable. He also gets rid of evidence to protect his sister... understandable yes... but the result is a serious miscarriage of justice as well as personal betrayal.

YH played WW like a fiddle she knew he wouldn't go against the family for HS this is why I think YH will make sure HS knows this about this miscarriage of justice and Ldy Oh died in the course of this miscarriage of justice.. I think the King may have granted Ws and HS marriage and this what anger WW so bad because he wasn't man enough to step up to the plate so he teams up with WY to stop that marriage but in return the Queen grants YH and WS marriage that WY can't stop.. Oh how I'm liking how all this backstabbing begins but I see Ws telling Hs the King gave you to me and he granted our marriage let's leave the palace and she won't.. And she'll regret it in the end..

2 hours ago, jerboa83 said:
11 hours ago, zi4r said:

This is a man that has sacrificed many to save his treacherous mother.

Let me tell something on this specific point: 1) he killed a bunch of treacherous assassins (that's what they were); 2) Technically, they attacked him first, right when he entered the temple. No chance of a parley, even if he wanted to interrogate them first or whatever. I wouldn't say that "he sacrificed many"... He just plain killed the traitors who had attempted to kill the Crown Prince right in front of the King, and spilled blood in the Palace. He did it BEFORE they were apprehended by the authorities and killed anyway, but that's it. Not really different from what Wang Wook did when he killed in cold blood the court lady who had helped administering the poison and overheard the conversation between him and his sister...

Finally someone seeing WS killing justifiable he didn't kill the assasins to protect his mother if thats the case he wouldn't have told the King who was sheltering these assasins.. And besides the King knows she wants the CP dead for one of her own to take the throne..It's nothing like WW said WS killed to protect his mother big difference in the two because WW is the one to kill to protect his family.. The first killing he did was to make him self look like a hero that could protect a girl and he can't even protect himself nor his mom look at how she had to kneel down to the queen for him because mom knows what evil queen is capable of..

I could see why YH change her mind from marrying WY to WS she knows that WY will always be under his mom thumb and she won't have any control with him considering he only listens to mom but for WS it's different YH could get some lead way because Queen Yoo will never be able to control him no matter how man family dinners she wants to have WS and she is enemies..

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@briseis Well, I believe, Taejo will die from a heart attack. WH doesn't kill him  but she scares him so that his heart can't take it. Maybe Yo and Park thought, she would kill him but she didn't!!

@bebebisous33  I think taejo dies from a brokenheart.. Just look at how long him and court ldy was together her being gone it's like apart of him is missing.. 

• Like 13

Does anyone else find it funny that Wook tells So “I should have never let Hae Su get mixed up with you,” As if this situation was So's fault. When he found out later it was his own fault for pushing marriage and not paying attention to his sister he must have felt like all kinds of crap.

Which he should be cause he's kind of a jerk, but regardless Wang So deserves an apology for that.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I get he didn't have power back then but with so many years pass by and yet he cannot create his own power to control the others which make you wonder how did he manage to run the country. I mean throughout history from china to japan, etc all the kings who rose to power due to supports and clans, they themselves make sure to know how to subdue the power and strike fear in others in order to maintain their power. This king here knows one of his wives is out to harm others but yet does nothing. But then I'm wondering how strong is evil queen clan i mean remember during the flashback when she threaten the king with Wang So he was set on marrying another wife for their power and she cant do anything makes you wonder if her clan is strong or after that incident she made sure her clan has enough power to threaten the king?

I get that once you become king, you are a figure to the nation, a person who has to bear the burden of his people but in order to do that one needs to learn how to control his family. I mean without structure, how can one rule the country? Instead of running around marrying wives for power, try to create and build your own and with that you show people that you have the power to wipe out another clan instead of relying on one clan

I agree with what you say, but I think with the newly established nation it wasn't easy. Queen Yoo doesn't have say in who the King gets to married (hence So's scar), but she does seem to have a lot of power inside the palace. Everyone turned a blind eye when Court Lady's miscarriage happened. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to have all the powerful families in check. Court politics are so manipulative (makes my head hurt, just give me fluff and a good storyline) 

They don't get there until the 4th prince becomes king in history! :) Personally, from history Gwangjoong doesn't seem like too bad of king. He may look bad to the nobles, but he was more liberal?

Thank you for your insights and reply!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, SukBin said:

Atlast Destiny brought forward its decision to Soo... it is So and not Wook!!!

The one person whom she can count on to be by her side....

The one person whom she can trust with her life....

The one person for whom she will always be the highest priority...

The one person who will stand beside her defying the entire world...

I dont begrudge Wook for prioritizing his family over Soo... am sure in his place no one would risk the death of their mother and sister to save their love...  he is so tied up with their responsibilities that he cannot even decide on his own life to die along with the girl he loves... since there will be no one to protect them when he dies.... its his fate... his family... his biggest strength and support is also his biggest weakness and obstacle to his happiness....

I just wish he can accept  that he is not fated to be with Hae Soo and leave the girl alone to be with the one she is destined to be with....

I just hope he wont be jealous and ruin his and her life....

Coming to So.... what can I say... the Guy is a dream come true in terms of a boy loving a girl.... for him Soo stands as the everest in the list of his priorities.... to be with her ... by her side... to protect her... he will fight with the whole world and even if that is not enough to save her.... he will happily ... willingly die for her ... by her side.... His very soul is imprinted with love for her.... his love for her runs in his very blood flowing through his veins.....  so powerful his feelings for her that words like fate and time mean nothing in front of it....

Even if Hae Soo leaves this world tro return to modern times/.... he will follow her and find her overcoming boundaries fate and time itself.... for his One True Love

@sukbin  I begrudge him and condone him.. OMG were talking about a man that knew his heart went to another when his wife was alive and had wifes approval to have her and yet he did noithing have her with him he could have taken a second wife before wife died but didn't.. Then he still didn't do anything after wife died and she was passed off to the kIng still he did nothing to secure her to him.. He still did nothing after she became a court lady to try and secure her to him and let WS get favor from the King before him to have her to be his person.. Then he even went as far as to tell her he will ask the King to marry her after he has given her to WS wow what a procrastinator and all he could think of all this is happening to Hs is because she's around WS the very WS that's always there when he should be.. So yes I begrudge him.. LOL Let him save his family and keep saving them at the end of the night they can't keep him warm and another woman won't be the person he really wants or have in his heart..

@sukbin Ask who is the better choice for the throne well dear hold that thought I need to cook and I'll get back at you on this one of whom my choice will be and why..

• Like 10

Such a coward, Wang Wook - Just like a boyfriend who only knows how to say 'Sorry, sorry' or 'Had I known...'. His words do not match his actions at all - How can you profess to love a woman, who was entrusted to you by your wife, and every time she needs you something else always takes precedence. Literally telling her to be strong during torture when there's a strong chance that with her weak constitution, she could die, wth Wook-ah?? And then you turn your back to her??? After two days  on her knees?? asfgkh@!!!!!????? That means KHN killed it this episode, since I want to smash a pitcher/some extremely heavy object over his head. :angry: Can we give Lee Jun Ki the Daesang already? Who do we have to call to make this happen? This guy is an actor's actor - right up there with Benedict Cumberbatch for me!!! :wub:

-Kudos to the writer though - Of course we all have ideas about what the story should be, but I'm happy that the writer was brave enough to tell her own story and make Scarlet Heart her own! No matter what anyone says, this drama is to die for!!!!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

To those of you who feels disappointed by Wook in eps 11, I'm sorry, but you must know it by now that he is the villain in this drama. I repeat. WOOK IS THE VILLAIN a.k.a the bad guy. 

If he is not failing her, if he's not sacrificing his love for HS now and went ahead with his ambition, if he's not turning back from her and went ahead to accompany her in the rain, when will you think HS move on from him and fall in love with Wang So? In the year 2016?

after worshiping him since the first episode I felt like betrayed last night hahahahahaha....he stab me right in my eyes.....Wook here describe as a man with great talk but not act i say....(please don't hit me...)

I love the noble quality in him at the first time, how his calm and careful words are balancing the other princes and comfort HS, but turn out he after all blinded by the throne. To have his family being outcast since the lady SG miscarriage accident that make his mom guilty (while she's not....) no wonder YH is so hungry for power because she seen enough how powerless her family is compare to crazy eomma. And seeing his mother kneeling after her, Wook thrown the love and gain his stand to the throne. 

It's a pity for me to have a sudden and tragic and sad movement of Wook, after all he is a good man inside his trapped body but the responsible for protecting his family is bigger that having HS as his wife. yes I agree with @solelylurking Wook is love HS but turn out he's not love her big enough and sincerely enough to make him prove what he said before, that he will leave the palace and the throne and live with her at Hwangju where he will buy HS all the herbs for her to make a soap. 

• Like 16

Soo's loss this episode was actually two fold - She lost Lady Oh, who had become her surrogate mother, and she also lost Wook (her connection to her other surrogate mother, Myung Hee and her fair-weather lover) - He only seems to profess his love when it's super-convenient - I want to marry her, but wait, no, what about my family? At least with her modern boyfriend, the jerk had the guts to admit that he was unashamedly cheating on her with her friend. With Wook's spineless (please, don't kill me - my heart is bleeding for Soo, I'll not feel so strongly tomorrow!) behavior, Soo will never come to know that the reason her friend is dead is that Wook could not take responsibility and made time to be jealous (jealous???? really??? When she asked after a man who consumed not one, not two , but three cups of poison for her)...

• Like 22