Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

35 minutes ago, gwiyeowooh said:

Hi Everyone... this is my first time posting on a forum. 

I did not know that such forum for dramas exist but because I really like and enjoy Moon Lovers, I had been searching the internet about the drama, articles, history and I came across this forum. 

I had been silently lurking on this forum since ep 4 and I was amazed by all the analysis and input that everyone has about the drama. \(^_^)/

I was even amazed that you guys even do live recaps.. (0.0)

Aside from the drama itself the members analysis here makes me excited and understand the drama even more.

And now I am here created an accout just to leave a comment. I just want to say thanks for live recaps and everyones analysis. I really enjoy reading it..

Excited for tonights episode!!! 0(>.<)0

Welcome to our thread Chingu 

I can't wait to watch today's episode ... I am so excited but won't be able to watch it live Chingu :tears::tears::tears:... Looking forward to the live recaps.  I would like to thank all the love recapper's in advance . Kamsahamnida 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, rei_smasher11 said:

I'm hurt you missed my name. 

Oh I'm so sorry. Please believe me it was not intentional. I've included you now though. group-hug1-smiley.gifIf there's anyone else I've missed, which is highly likely, just let me know and I'll add you to the roll call. 

jqXAohK.gif

• Like 13

Greetings newcomers, chingus and mad folks

Not long to wait ...  well I have to work, so no chance on livestrwam ... but after reading 19pages (yet again) I will endure ... maybe

I saw that someone mentioned HSs bloody dress ... my concern all day ... why do much blood in such a place ... what the hell willthey do to HS ... a friend mentioned a lead being tortured in “moon embraces the sun“ ... I like neither that nore the gunman drama torture idea ... grrrr

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, angelangie said:

someone get HaeSoo in....how can she be so careless.... :D

sttt... HS is busy you know... busy cleaning and waiting :lol:

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Will Domino's continue with its ad tonight? Chicken and pizza!

Oh God....well. As long as it's not LMH and his Good Base...I almost threw something at my screen when that was on loop...

• Like 10

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

Which means... WS, even though he might arguably be a lesser man, provides a better source of security for HS.

28 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

"Lesser man"? WHERE? HOW? In the whole bunch, he's the only one who has guts and intelligence enough to protect her and take care of her. 

Did you see the word "arguably" in front of that "lesser man" part? No? Your argument only centers around what he can do for HS alone... which I obviously agree that WS is a better choice in my post.

WS can be considered a lesser man than WW in social standing, familial bond, poise & education. He can be considered a bigger man to WW in terms of physical prowess & what protection he can provide to HS. Nothing is black and white; it depends on what your metric of measurement is. (And sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around only HS.) That is why I put the word "arguably" in it.

In the times of Goryeo, as a prince, WS should care about the future of his Kingdom; it's his duty to do so. But he doesn't. He cares only about his future with HS. And he can do that, because he doesn't have much in terms of familial bond or attachment to his People. Whereas WW has family that he cares about, that he needs to look after. He is duty-bound, and thus, he cares about state affairs & palace affairs.

Which makes WS the better leading man for HS, but WW the better man through the lens of being a Goryeo prince. It's not criticism to either part. That's just who they are.

Edited by zi4r
grammar & flow
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, SizzlerZ said:

I was rewatching episode 10 when something caught my attention. When WS and HS are returning back to the palace and have their encounter with angry WW HS says she will go back with the 4th prince. When i first saw this i was happy but then i realises that maybe she did this to protect WW. She used WS to protect WW :( I'm.. Although I'm happy she went back with WS I hate she used him like that. WS is always being used by those around him and now even HS. I hope she regrets it aftet todays ep.

I imagine she will regret many things @SizzlerZ  ;) after tonight. It's an fascinating ambiguity that you've highlighted. I tend to think though that she's trying to protect everyone. I think her greatest fear is that there will be division and fighting among the brothers... to which I say... "it's too late for that, dear."

Even so if she was using So, I don't really think he minded a single bit. ;) Especially if he was able to get up close and personal. :D

I loved your post @Brenda Capers and really enjoyed the way you've tracked So's journey. And yes, while his journey has been a sad tale in family dysfunction, I think it has been to a large extent the training ground in which his survival instincts have been sharpened. Because he hasn't been cocooned within the palace structure, he has a kind of clarity that the rest of his brothers don't. He can see all too clearly that he's merely a pawn in a chess game played by both his parents. For instance, I found the family celebration at the end something of a cognitive dissonance. Here we have people playing drinking games and reciting poetry while an elaborate conspiracy has been formed to kill a member of the family. These conspirators will stop at nothing to get to where they want to and yet the family pretends that it is a family that plays together to stay together. An assassination attempt was being made right under their noses and no one except So and the conspirators knew about it.

So's presence in a lot of these occasions cuts right through the appearance and highlights to us viewers the reality behind the facade.

I also thought it was fascinating that both Jeong and Su were hankering for the good o'l days when everyone was happy together. But was it really happy? For whom was it happy? They were living in an artificial bubble clear of the political machinations. It was to all intents and purposes a fantasy that didn't demand that they face the realities of being palace dwellers. I also got the sense that Su was talking herself into marrying Uk because he represents to her a period in her Goryeo life of safety, of protection, of kindness and relative security. Who doesn't want that? But there is cost to having security. It comes at a high price.

Ironically, So was probably better off not growing up in the palace and away from his mother. Because he was rejected by his mother repeatedly he could see that her ambition was toxic in terms of familial harmony. But that made him guarded about making attachments, about giving out trust too readily. Having to fend for himself in Sinju, he became lean, mean fighting machine but we know he was not entirely abandoned by his father who had the Great General and Ji Mong most probably keeping an eye on him.

Not having much probably made him more aware of what he wanted without too many things distracting him or clouding his judgement. His killer instincts is what gives him laser-like focus and the drive to achieve something once his mind is made up.

Already we catch glimpses of the qualities that will make him the standout king among his brothers. Qualities distilled by suffering.

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Oh I'm so sorry. Please believe me it was not intentional. I've included you now though. group-hug1-smiley.gifIf there's anyone else I've missed, which is highly likely, just let me know and I'll add you to the roll call. 

jqXAohK.gif

I'm just kidding. No worries :D

Less than 30 minutes to go! 

• Like 5

Lady Oh knows that she is seriously ill therefore she is willing to sacrify herself. Remember that in the episode 9 she gave Hae Soo information about the king's likes and dislikes. So she was already preparing herself. The second clue is that she wanted to leave the palace and she can only leave it because she is dying. She loves Hae Soo, considers her as her daughter. Now, what I am curious if lady Oh will talk to Wang So and ask him to take care of Wang So. First of all, she might come to realise that Wang So knew about the poison... she might wonder. I wished, there would be such a scene. as for the king, I believe her death will be the final straw. He dies heartbroken.

• Like 19

@MadraRua Thank you for the roll call.:blush:
I have literally camped in this thread, I'm on page 706 going back and forth between every new page. This is truly a thread that does not sleep. :w00t:
I think I'm mentally and emotionally ready for today's episode. :sweatingbullets:

Thank you in advance to all the live-recappers, hope today's stream does not lag too much. ^_^ 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Did you see the word "arguably" in front of that "lesser man" part? No? Your argument only centers around what he can do for HS alone... which I obviously agree that WS is a better choice in my post.

WS can be considered a lesser man than WW in social standing, familial bond, poise & education. He can be considered a bigger man to WW in terms of physical prowess & what protection he can provide to HS. Nothing is black and white; it depends on what your metric of measurement is (and the world doesn't revolve around only HS). That is why I put the word "arguably" in it.

In the times of Goryeo, as a prince, WS should care about the future of his Kingdom; it's his duty to do so. But he doesn't. He cares only about his future with HS. And he can do that, because he doesn't have much in terms of familial bond or attachment to his People. Whereas WW has family that he cares about, that he needs to look after. He is duty-bound, and thus, he cares about state affairs & palace affairs.

Which makes WS the better leading man for HS, but WW the better man through the lens of being a Goryeo prince. It's not criticism to either part. That's just who they are.

Actually, the court officials in the last episode pointed out that WS would be the best king BECAUSE he has no affiliations and obligations, so he's free to decide what's best for the country in its entirety, and I must say that I agree with them. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, hana143 said:

Hi All!

anyone knows where to watch live streaming with eng subbed? Please pm me the link.. Thanks!!

I don't know. Is there a live streaming website with eng sub?

I read that the right for this drama was sold to several countries, but are all of them TV Station only?

Usually that's the case.

Because website usually posted eng sub episode after some time has passed from Korean's airing time. Right now I just know website for live streaming from SBS, so it's raw.

If anyone know something, I would like to know as well.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

clean his room ad wait for him order?  he order a coffee, but the maid bring him teablacko-emoticon-04.gif?1292951354

Yep.. She is making it with extract ginseng and honey for you know what, babe!! Wakakaka...

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Actually, the court officials in the last episode pointed out that WS would be the best king BECAUSE he has no affiliations and obligations, so he's free to decide what's best for the country in its entirety, and I must say that I agree with them. 

Moreover, he's resolute, smart, down-to-earth and disenchanted, he's got the guts needed for the role, and he's not lacking in the empathic department, but not to the point that he's not able to make difficult choices and make a stand. 

• Like 12

Stream is up and steady, ready to live recap and complain for the 100000000th time about my inability to understand Korean. Ahh the things MLSHR makes me do.

• Like 10