[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

ALRIGHT! WHERE’S THE LINE TO SLAP YH? I want to get a spot early so I don’t miss my shot! :angry:

Seriously tho, YH is the most stone cold witch with capital B that I’ve seen in historical dramas in awhile. She has ZERO shame. She just pops right up in front of the doctor not even bothering to maintain her dignity or her cover story. She doesn’t even seem to care that lady oh will die for her crime or that she's ruined her brother's happiness forever. I can't decide if her actions were about her ambition or her jealousy of Hae Soo, but I suppose it doesn't matter. She's proven that she can't be trusted or loyal to anyone. I doubt the evil queen, knowing how easily YH turned, would ever let her marry her favorite son Yo. I predict YH won't get the grand reward she'd hoped for. (At least here's hoping.)

And then there's Wook. I praise @LoveSG

for their patience and understanding, because I don't really have any left for him. Not only did Wang Wook refuse to hurt himself by intervening on her behalf but he then tried to offer up somebody else as a sacrifice in his place. He tried to guilt Lady Oh into saving Soo by calling Hae Soo her child, knowing full well that Lady Oh lost her own baby tragically. To me that scene smacked of emotional manipulation that I didn’t think his character was capable of. Even though his decision was admittedly harder than Wang So's to make (because he was stuck between Soo and his family) there's no excuse for his inaction in the rain scene. He should have done something. Anything but turn his back. The only good thing is that at least his inaction has finally sunk that ship for good. RIP.

Lady Oh was the only real savior here. And as amazing and romantic as the scene of So and Soo at the end was it doesn't eclipse the emotional goodbye between Hae Soo and her mentor. That scene was so heart wrenching and raw, I could truly feel it their pain and more importantly their love. I'm so sad to see Lady Oh go but it comforts me to know that Lady Oh was already sick when she made her choice. Stomach cancer would have been a very painful and prolonged death.  I’m glad she wasn’t suffering anymore.

Thankfully, at least Soo has finally come to rest under So's wing. I hope we get some seriously happy moments between next week to counter act all this anger and sorrow.

Now I’m off to eat some chicken and pizza because I need to drown my sorrows in something and I might as well admit that I’ve been brainwashed.

ps. I didn’t know about the Richard Simmons censor because I’m still kinda new here...byt can I just how much I love soompi!! You all are wicked awesome!

pps.Thanks recappers and moderators for all you do for us :)

• Like 20

While I cannot be completely certain until subs are out, but from what I can see of scene sequences between the SBS and international versions, we might finally see both versions exactly the same, in the one episode that has shattered our hearts and wrung our tears dry. What irony. Perhaps the powers that be has taken pity on us and finally allowed us to wallow in our grief without having to wait longer than necessary for subs. Dare I hope this is true? We'll find out soon enough...

And yes, @ruizaio, I second @LyraYoo's call for an uncut version of the DVD/BluRay set, fully subbed please. Thank you!

• Like 17

35 minutes ago, LoveSG said:

Unfortunately he thinks too much, which makes him indecisive and wishy-washy. He can't bear to let go of HS' love and that's why he insulted her instead by calling her a laundry maid. He wants to prevent himself from feeling guilty, which makes him cruel to HS.

The day that he finally let go of his feelings for her will be the day he confesses it to So, which I hope to see in SHR that shows he has finally made his mind up over something.

I think So probably has some inkling as to who the person Soo might have feeling for but do you think he will get the confirmation from Wook himself via confession? Hmmm... interesting  I do see it.  If it has to come from somebody it would have to be from Wook.  I don't know if Wook can ever let go of his feelings for Soo but I wish he would let her go and by that I mean stop interacting with her or make any decisions/moves that will affect her.  By now he must now that Yeonhwa is there watching and will do everything to keep them apart.  

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, thenagain said:

ALRIGHT! WHERE’S THE LINE TO SLAP YH? I want to get a spot early so I don’t miss my shot! :angry:

Seriously tho, YH is the most stone cold witch with capital B that I’ve seen in historical dramas in awhile. She has ZERO shame. She just pops right up in front of the doctor not even bothering to maintain her dignity or her cover story. She doesn’t even seem to care that lady oh will die for her crime or that she's ruined her brother's happiness forever. I can't decide if her actions were about her ambition or her jealousy of Hae Soo, but I suppose it doesn't matter. She's proven that she can't be trusted or loyal to anyone. I doubt the evil queen, knowing how easily YH turned, would ever let her marry her favorite son Yo. I predict YH won't get the grand reward she'd hoped for. (At least here's hoping.)

Apologies on cutting your post, BUT THIS RIGHT HERE.

when Yeonhwa arrived with her mother to stop Wook from going to Soo who was pleading for Lady Oh's life, i wanted to yell THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT STOP STANDING THERE AND TELLING OTHERS WHAT TO DO YOU HAVE SOME NERVE

I may have missed something, but what "story" did she tell the evil queen? It seems like Yeonhwa just did her dirty work for her? 

• Like 11

Just for kicks and because I like to torture myself apparently, I just rewatched the conversation WS and HS had through the prison bars and I am crying all over again. These two. Ugh.

You can see how relieved and thankful HS is when she sees So, just like you can see how devastated So is at the poor state HS is in. Like-both of them had tears in their eyes from the get go?? And then HS stating that she knew he wouldn't die and So trying to play it all cool like it was no big thing that he just swallowed THREE CUPS OF POISON I stg Wang So, you are not allowed to do these kinds of foolish grand gestures ever again (-who are we kidding he did it like three times more in the same episode and will probably do it even more in the 9 episodes we have left). 

And yeah, HS think reaaaaalll hard about why he did that for you. And oh honey, you can try and ignore him all you want but erm..that's probably not going to work out super well for you, but good luck! I loved how she went back to giving him advice at the end of it, like she usually does, and as horrible as the situation was, it was like they were back to being friends again and ugh..basically that scene was just wonderful and I bawled through it all.

I can't even get into the rain scene yet...or Lady Oh's death scene. What have you done to me, show???

• Like 22

45 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

A-FREAKING-MEN Yes he does!

But apparently Daesang is very closely tied to the the ratings of a show, and because MLSHR's are very low...LJK has very little chance of winning one for this role..WHICH IS A TRAGEDY GREATER THAN ANYTHING THE SHOW CAN CREATE.

Seriously, if he can't win that one, can he win all the others??? He's just...I mean his acting can make you forget that he's gorgeous and with how gorgeous he is...that says something about his level of skill and talent right???

Hopefully, SBS might see more the tremendous numbers of zeroes before the decimal point brought in by MLSHR, than the ratings.

• Like 11

I think the king knows very well that Ws loves HS .that is why he will send WS away on battles to get him away from her and as a last resort get YH married to WS  hoping that he will forget HS. little does he know that WS loves HS for all time the way the king had love for lady OH .in fact even more . I am completely going to skip the episode where WS marries YH . just cant bear to see that. may want to poke my own eyes out after seeing such a scene eeewwww

• Like 16

I think YH did what she did to partially block HS's entry into her brother's life as well as to remove her from the radius of all of her brothers. She knows WS has special place for HS in his heart and that may disrupt her future plans. She is for now just tasting waters, she still hasn't decide which ship to board. The level of cunning is deep here.

• Like 13

After this episode, I just want So to have a happy life no matter what!!! 

Really appreciate Woo Hee Jin who play Lady Court Oh, such a veteran actress, only appear in few episodes, but leave impactful presence. T___T

Also, I really want that Soo is the one ending feeling for Wook. It will be very disappointed if she ends up with So only just because Wook turns his back on her!

I know from the very start that this drama will be very addictive. Feel sorry for domestic viewers who are missing this. This drama is such a bless this year for Kdrama lovers.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Thank you for mentioning me. I'm honor hehe.. Well in general I agree with you. I just have different highlights, That's all. 

Well about this, I agree with YH. If Wook never had the greed for the throne, his face wouldn't change when it finally raining and WS is the upfront man. Jealousy is apart of it, jealous because it was his girl who help WS to go up (and I think he suspect HS has feeling for him. Because at ep 10 when Jung told him HS ran off with So, his anger first not directed to So. It was to HS. Because he said as he slammed the book, "How could she? A court lady may not go outside the palace!" It was when Jung told him that So probably take her without her will, his anger finally subdued and change direction). He may be forced to the game of throne first (if he can have his way, he'll lived with HS) but I believe he has that ambition in himself. 

The relationship between Wook-fam and WS-BA and CP has a different dynamic. To WS, BA and CP although dear to his heart, can take care of themself and only need a little protection from him. They relations is mutual. They protect each other. To Wook, YH and mom is the lesser power then him. They need his protection. He is the pilar that make them all stay alive and floated. They are his responsibility and Wook bear his responsibility seriously. 

Wook knew he'd been manipulated, maybe from the start. Why he make them do that? Because he was kind. He let them take as much from him as long as they are happy. That was change due to HS. His love for her enough to make him be selfish and break out from all that. Eventhough it means he has to lie to himself. He hates being weak. But he was willing to be weak, and go outside the palace wall, as long as HS with him. He wants power a.s.a.p for her, anyway. Because he resents himself for not being able to protect Soo. That's why YH hates HS so much and make her the scape goat to be killed. But she was right to play the HS card to make him change. 

He killed the maid because he can't have loose end. It will endanger his family and himself, and make his sacrifice that night goes sour. I agree with you to Why he didn't visit HS again. It was out of guilt and ashamed. He realised, in the end his promise to her was yet again an empty one. 

In a sense, Wook is a coward and a brave guy at the same time. He wasn't dare to face the problem and confront the King like WS. Yes, he did it not only for himself and I understand the reason why he did it but not being able to be truthful to yourself and your lover and stand up for her is a cowardness too. I pity him. Life always gave him hard choices behind measure and it gave almost no choice to be picked. I myself would pick my own family, well at least my good kind mom, if faced with that kind of a choice. I said he is brave because it was no easy thing to gave up in your lover's life. Wook saw HS as the love of his life, him not being able to do anything is not because he didn't love her but because he was weak and used of waiting until opportunity present him with a better choice. Because his love is deep and true, is why he and YH was not sibling anymore and she own him a huge debt.

So he's a coward with a good cause (I know what most of you guys gonna say: he's a coward anyway! Hahaha). But bear in my mind dear friends, his heart for HS hasn't change although his choices has. He will persue her again when he has enough power to do it. It was the weakness that make him had to let her go, from his point of view. So when he gains power his steps will again lead to her. And he will make everyone who separate him from Soo pay. 

Wook indeed a complicated character because there are so many things that was like yin and yang inside of him. That is what make him interesting. That's why his my dearest wolf hehe. 

I really liked reading your comment. But in my opinion, Wang Wook is in a similar situation with Yo. Yet the latter looks more like the villain, therefore Wang Wook is overlooked. Wang Wook is pitied because of the pressure of his situation. But Yo is living the same experience. Wang Wook is not different from Wang Yo in the end, although he appears so different.

Just like Yo, Wang Wook appears like a puppet, especially in the last episode. YH is able to manipulate him till the end. However, there is a huge difference between the two brothers: Yo will never kill people himself: he will use others to do it (poisoning, the attack during the ritual). Even when he gets rid of the witnesses, he orders his men to do it. Wang Wook is the opposite. He kills people himself. Interesting is his way of killing. He threw daggers or a hairpin, so he kills without any warning that's why Yeon hwa was so shocked. This last point is important in my eyes because it proves that he could have been clearer with his own sister. Yo is weaker compared to Wook. If Wook had been firmed with Yeon Hwa from the start, he wouldn't have been burdened by her ambition and her selfishness. He allowed the situation to escalate to the point of no return. He might be pushed by others (mother and sister), but the difference with Yo is that he allowed it. Yo's mother is much more terrible compared to Hwangbo... she is cruel and violent, but I never saw that violent vibe in Hwangbo. So Wook could have shown his strength and determination to his family member. He was too passive in my opinion. I am not pitying Wang Wook like Yo. He is much stronger than Yo.

So his passivity and his own desire (ambition to become the king) were the reason why he can never get Hae Soo. He is too conflicted, wavers too much and is indecisive that he can't saize the opportunity. Wang So is always able to recognise when he needs to do something.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think YH did what she did to partially block HS's entry into her brother's life as well as to remove her from the radius of all of her brothers. She knows WS has special place for HS in his heart and that may disrupt her future plans. She is for now just tasting waters, she still hasn't decide which ship to board. The level of cunning is deep here.

I wish YH just go and marry WS's brother....birds of the same feather flock together and all that jazz...

Good riddance to WW ... it's about time. He keeps failing HS at every turn. 

I entertained the thought that YH (during the tea appreciation session) was going to ask for WS 's hand in marriage...  But actually come to think of it,  isn't YH the daughter of King? How can she marry into WS family?  Am i missing something here?

Oh btw,  i have totally lost interest in Moonlight... Can't bring myself to continue watching.  And there is so many good Kdramas on right now... K2, Jealousy Incarnate, On the way to Airport...Bzbzbz....

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Putri Dewi said:

yeonhwa will be only wife to gwangjong (means.... wang so will only have one wife) and... that will be yeonhwa....

poor him to spend all his life.....

i saw in wikipedia, he has 1 consort (princess something, but they're not having a child)

@Putri Dewi That's because she's his mom all over if he choose another women she would frame her to be killed.. WS will know this from the early beginning of they marriage.. How many kids did he have with her I know she used the court minister for him to bed her saying that he needs to produce and heir..LOL This couldn't have been a good marriage just he dealt with it.. 

1 hour ago, sukbin said:

I have always been on Team So but let's just give Wook some justice here. Wang So is definitely courageous but I can't really say Wook is a coward. Unlike So, he has so many things at stake - the mom and even the evil sister whereas So has nothing to lose, he is an outcast to begin with and he has never been the one fearful of death. The one thing that Wook did badly was showing up during the rain and then turning his back on her. If he was not going to do anything and decided to abandon her, he would better just continue hiding rather than hurting Haesoo at her most vulnerable time. Wang So is definitely the man but Haesoo is definitely not the woman. 

Oh my dear @sukbin  How are you feeling the headache that Wook gives us viewers, I for one could get on the WookSoo train but from the very first few episode he was to sweet for my taste I thought I was going to have to make a dentist appointment and besides I don't like a man that got his eyes on another women when his wife is alive and she witness and knew who had capture his heart the very heart she couldn't get.. Until the very end all he did was because he supposed to being that he was her husband..

Giving Wook justice I tried that but his very action don't scream for justice.. I don't get his mom first off she has taught brother and sister to help each as they fight for the throne.. Wrong move on mom part how could she even imagine that her son could take the throne when the Queen is alive with three sons of her own.. In history no Queen alive will let the concubine son take the throne over her son and if she did he wouldn't live for long.. WW can't blame YH for this it's his mom fault so he should suspect that this one incident won't be the last of YH scheming if he wants to keep HS safe himself he should give up on her because she is targeted by both the Queen and his sister..

As you said Wook had many things at stake sometimes you have to risk those very things to have want you want and fighting for it it's not wrong.. What man don't fear he was to cowardly to face those fears head on unlike WS he had to fight and face those fears since he was a child Wook has been hiding behind his mom and sister skirt I'm surprised that he trying to step out of that comfort zone even though he's stepping out a little to late.. He's stepping out for the wrong reason you don't do this because of a woman you do this because your a man and the head of your household he gave those rights to his mom and sister all he do is follow they wishes and be they yes man.. Like fight for the throne OK.. LOL 

WS will always be the man of the hour the hero that comes to her rescue birdbrain HS isn't quick thinking enough nor quick witted to understand and by time she do it may be to late because YH will see what she refuse to see all this time..

Gotta go it's work today..

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, inner said:

I wish YH just go and marry WS's brother....birds of the same feather flock together and all that jazz...

Good riddance to WW ... it's about time. He keeps failing HS at every turn. 

I entertained the thought that YH (during the tea appreciation session) was going to ask for WS 's hand in marriage...  But actually come to think of it,  isn't YH the daughter of King? How can she marry into WS family?  Am i missing something here?

Incest was possibly allowed in Goryeo Era, Wang So married YH in reality. I know its wrong but that was a long, long time ago and they had different rules back then.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, fengari said:

On princess YH´s faking being poisoned  ( she  "drinks" the poison and "faints" in the sight of everyone)  Episode 11th.

I think she did it  with a double, or rather triple purpose:

1. to make sure that everyone will connect the poison with the tea HaeSoo had served (and accelerate Hae Soo´s arrest)

2.to alert the others about the Wang So critical condition ( without her interference and her "fainting" probably Wang Soo would be still laying at the arms of Hae Soo enjoying his last moments with her)

3.To make sure that she would not be suspected as the culprit of the poisoning,

If this is the case, then 1) princess YH is a very sly, quick in thinking and acting woman (in contrast to WW) , a worthy apprentice of the manners and doing of the master-in-intrigue Queen Yoo, 2) she really cares for Wang So 3) she really hates to death Hae Soo.

(this is my first impression from the raw episode- I have to wait for the subs) Any thoughts?

when i watched it.. i thought it was primarily 2 n some bit of 1

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, liddi said:

While I cannot be completely certain until subs are out, but from what I can see of scene sequences between the SBS and international versions, we might finally see both versions exactly the same, in the one episode that has shattered our hearts and wrung our tears dry. What irony. Perhaps the powers that be has taken pity on us and finally allowed us to wallow in our grief without having to wait longer than necessary for subs. Dare I hope this is true? We'll find out soon enough...

And yes, @ruizaio, I second @LyraYoo's call for an uncut version of the DVD/BluRay set, fully subbed please. Thank you!

I am in too! The uncut DVD version:heart: so that we can see the scene where Hae Soo tried to give back the hairpin in the episode 4.

• Like 12