Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

In defense of WS's misunderstood killer streak -- another example that WS does not kill people just for the sake of it or just for fun, is in ep.4 when he was saving HS and Jung in the forest. He just rode into the scene very calmly and used his words (again, a display of his persuasive skill) to make those thugs run away to avoid his "wrath".

• Like 21

@zi4r I like your take on it. For me, I don't feel either guys love her with purity. They are both selfish, Hae-Su needs to realize that and choose for herself. But then again, I am not sure she will ever have choice. Wook doesn't have a choice himself and Wang So is unstable so he may or may not give her one. See, this ambiguity here makes me question the writing although some have contradicted the opinion. Rouxi's dilemma was also choice but she sort of more like Wang So, capable of understanding what her refusal to accept orders means and sticking with it no matter what.

Having said that, if this wasn't Goryeo and a drama, this is the point to have an intervention for Hae-Su to leave both relation behind and work on herself. But this is a drama so I have to choose one. I am leaning more towards So, because I really don't see Wook ever stepping up when required, he is really passive. He will probably have excuses and more excuses forever and Su's condition in the palace will probably keep on getting worse at the rate. Wook is well meaning but he was raised in a household that could vanish at the King's one order and if just takes one misstep, he will forever choose duty over all else.

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

We're going to be entering hell with Hae Soo tonight.. :( 

I mean being falsely accused, punished and tortured while worrying if her savior is still alive is just hell.. 

I know very well that with each coming episode, it will hurt. BUT I CHOOSE TO GET HURT! :bawling: SERIOUSLY, THIS DRAMA WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME! SO... SOO...

and I'm very suspicious of JM right now. What is he plotting?? :confounded:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, MadraRua said:

AGREED. I've been trying to shift focus subtly but alas to no avail head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

And we haven't even scratched the surface of the preview yet. For the rain scene in the c-version, 8th and 14th Prince came to see Ruoxi while 4th was there. I'm wondering if Wook will come by and see Wang So with Hae Soo in his arms? :D Too little too late my boy. hate-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

I always like for the subs to come and watch them before I comment or give my opinions. Unless I can understand the raw.. which I can't. Just saying. 

WW will bring umbrella.

• Like 12

That is a very good comparison:

love like a deep blue sea, free from top to deep, sometimes calm, sometimes furious, but you always be charmed by beauty of the waves, mesmerized

love like a hot spring in a secret cave,  chained, boiling, but not having enough strength to break way up to surface

• Like 17

Why is queen Yo wrong in threatening king to not marry.. however and whatever the means?

Major major props to actors.. all of them are great.. and i can't believe how.. editing is ruining this drama.. what was that rap song doing when a subtle music would have exemplified that scene..

Cinematagrophy is great, direction okish..

Has editor's name not made it to newspaper till now? I'm surprised!

• Like 8

Sorry but it's no wonder Wang So would want to kill off some his brothers - they're always scheming and plotting against someone. I believe Scarlet Heart Ryeo is much more ruthless than the Chinese version (not that I'm complaining) hahaha. It's a shame that they're in the palace they could've been good brothers. Also, can we take a moment and just clap LJK's acting skills. To be honest, I'm not big of a fan So/Soo but I think I'm getting swayed hahaha!! I appreciate the close ups in this ep too, it gives me the feeling of being there like they're really talking to me. 

• Like 24

I'm really enjoying obsessing over all of the plot points and relationships in this drama, and reading the comments here. Now that it's at the halfway point, I'm most impressed with how all of the palace politics have been set up to drive the story. So many of the recent saguek dramas have relied on one big bad guy to drive most of the conflict. In this story, there are a couple of "bad guys" (the Queen, Wang Yo, a shady minister or too), but I really like that most of the conflict is rising out of the natural tensions of all of these competing factions and potential heirs jockeying for power. It doesn't actually require anyone to become "evil" for there to be conflict between Wook, So, Jung, Eun, Baek Ah, when next three Kings die.

The Queen is really a great mastermind. If the Crown Prince had been poisoned, she would have him out of the way AND she knew that YeonHwa did it, which would give her power over YeonHwa and Wook. As it stands, she at least has control of YeonHwa and Wook at this point, who she can implicate in the poisoning if she wants.

I'm pretty sure that So knows that Hae Su was going to say that she has feelings for Wook. So was around for all of the poem-flirting drama before Lady Hae died. Wook challenged him when So said "Su is my person."  He saw Wook lead the efforts to rescue Su from marriage to the king. Jung says "it was so much happier when you were smiling at Wook," so they were all aware of it. I think So saying "Is it Baek Ah?" was a way to deflect the real conversation, and also communicate to Su that he's ok with her friendship with Baek Ah.

• Like 15

Truthfully in Moon Lovers I find the Politics , Plots and Sibling rivalry more interesting than the actual romance line...
Not to say that it is uninteresting.. sure So-Soo light up the screen whenever they are together... but the scenes which excite me more or lets say I am most eager to watch are Wook-So confrontation... it must be partially due to the awesome sibling rivalry between the 4th and 8th brothers in C-version...which was understated yet terrifying game of one upmanship where both their lives hanged in balance most of the time.Moon Lovers has so far not disappointed me in this regard when So and Wook faceoff the screen is buzzing with intensity... for example I remember the scene in the forest where So's sword is on hae Soo's neck and Wook's sword on So's neck... the scene did not get the credit it deserved forgotten in the discussion of whether So was ok with Soo getting hurt or not... setting that aside both KHN and LJG were terrific in their confrontation giving a glimpse of what is to come next.... basically both are alpha males and in the palace only one can survive not to mention only one could get the Girl.... !! So Show I am waiting for you to unveil the ultimate clash of brothers and rivals in love and electrify my screen...!!! LJG and KHN as 4th and 8th together in one screen is a dream come true... let the fireworks resume... !!!

• Like 18