Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Hello, it's the first time I come to visit Soompi forum again after Pinocchio drama. Though after Pinocchio there are several dramas that I also really like, such as Kill Me Heal Me, Twenty Again, Another Oh Hae Young, etc. It's just that after episode 9 of Moon Lovers, I really feel I couldn't wait for next episode that I start looking for this forum because there are live recaps written. Writing comments on website where I watch this drama seems not enough so I came here to discuss few things also. I watch episode 10 twice, first raw, while reading the translation written here, and second with sub. It's the first time I start to do this for this drama ever since I watch it from the first episode. I guess my love for this drama is growing.

As for episode 11, I kinda think that while Wook investigate who behind the treason, the one he saw in Black Robe is Lady Oh, as you can see Lady Oh went to visit Hae Soo in the prison while wearing the robe. So I think Lady Oh did it on purpose to save Soo. And I also agree that Lady Oh is the one who got punished instead. Though I was hoping that it won't be the case because I really want her to be available for Soo.

I'm not pushing relationship between Wang So-Hae Soo, I just welcome the progress as how the story goes. I sympathize a lot with Wang So and admire Lee Jong Ki's acting every now and then, but I also identify with other characters as well. So I'm not going to side with Wang So and demoralize Wang Wook or belittle his feeling towards Hae Soo.

For me, the characters in this drama are all just pitiful people. I couldn't hate them for anything.

Looking forward to episode 11.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, sharreb said:

Definitely. Like I mentioned last week too HS is just a human being. . it's also part of her nature. To see the good in people,to say the things she means, to be idealistic. It's all a boon and a bane. Esp in the palace. I just have to ready myself when it comes to Lady Oh. In her eyes HS is like herself. Furthermore she is also existing not really living, not able to be with the man she love, putting up with the empress and nursing a long term illness. So while she is sacrificing herself!f, if she dies, I thk of it as her finally being free of the palace. And in the process really wake up HS with regards to palace politics, schemes and surviving.

This is true, dear. The poor woman has suffered a lot for the man she loved. A pity that she couldn't move on... that she was a one-man woman. 

I think it was sweet of her wanting to protect Su from all her suitors. I'm glad she came in at the right time and stopped Su from having to commit herself to Uk when her entire being was in tumult. While I'm glad that Uk has finally felt free to speak up, the guy just has the worst timing ever. I did feel a little sorry for him in that he has tried to play it safe his whole life and that may have worked when there was no Hae Su or So around. At the end of the day he can't keep up with So, who is really a force of nature.

But like you say, I think Su was fairly consistent in this episode despite her unwarranted foolishness. I've stopped despairing over her and telling her to wake up to herself. Despite seeming all over the shop, it was clear to me that she was trying to be cheerful about everything to keep the peace between the brothers. The last thing she wants is for them to start fighting each other because of her. Although I think, that ship has already sailed.

• Like 20

6 hours ago, Rosemary83 said:

In my country (Russia) it is the most popular drama nowadays.  Lots of comments, discussions about each ep and great expectations of the new series. Many of us do not have the patience to wait for the russian subs, so we have to watch in original. Because the show deserves it! Love-love-love :wub:

@Rosemary83 Good to hear such a good news from you.....:D

• Like 15

Really hope this real cut can happen in the drama as well...it's funny to have So and Wook playing pranks at each other

Kang Ha Neul Shares Cute Origin Story Of His Friendship With Lee Joon Gi Prior To “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

• Like 17

I  truly felt for Lady Oh. To have once been a young girl in love with a man only to be forsaken by him once he became king, and to become like a dog begging for scraps, her "scraps" being when she got to tend to him. Then to have her health wither and then be sentenced to be hung by the man she loves. I wonder if the king holds any remorse? Will his heart ache at the death of the woman he once loved...loves?

While I feel Hae Soo will suffer a similar fate, I believe Hae Soo's relationship with Wang So will be utterly different. Because even thought she will always be in a lower position and may never be able to marry him, to Wang So, Hae Soo will always hold the title of Queen in his heart and he will never forsaken her. I have a feeling if Wang So was king he would never sentence her to death, he would be like, "Step aside honey, I'll take that noose for you." I mean he drank posion for her, a noose is nothing to him. I hope Hae Soo realizes to what extend he went though for her, if she doesn't I'm really going to feel cheated. Hae Soo don't let Lady Oh's death be in vain, open your eyes to what's happening around you. 

• Like 22

BTW Yeon Hwa said something about a court lady that miscarriage the king's baby because the action of Queen Yo, is she talking about Court Lady Oh?

• Like 11

11 hours ago, TeBe said:

I think he is so confident that he can do whatever it takes to make her fall for him . He is ready to fight for her with confidence. Where does the confidence came from? My guess is when she applied the make on his scar for the first time and he leaned on her at the end she was frozen but she didn't look uncomfortable or like she is hating him getting too close to her, he saw that she might have some soft spot for him and sees him as a man. From that little spot in her heart/mind for him , he is ready to give his whole to pursue her and make her completely his person. only his .You Go Boy!  :wub:

@TeBe  This what I like about that scene and him pulling away from kissing her he knows exactly what he's doing and he's knocjing on that heart that she thinks belongs to someone else.. She's clueless between the symbols of the hairpin and bracelet..

11 hours ago, fathiayunia said:

:bawling: I KNOW... THEIR MAKE UP SCENE IS ALWAYS SO POIGNANT BUT IT'S A REPRESENTATIVE OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO EACH OTHER WHERE THEY CAN JUST BE THEMSELVES SUCH :heart::heart:

@fathiayunia  This is the beauty of there relationship that she hasn't realized yet her so valled relationship with WW is more of and infactuation but with WS it started off in a friendship and getting to know one another with WW nor he or she started from scratch I should say all she knows is she just like him but hasn't really got to know him..

11 hours ago, SizzlerZ said:

I am still curious as to what the whole arrow shooting scene between Wook and handsome evil prince was for..?? 

Initially when I saw it in the preview I thought it would be something like Wook making an alliance with hot evil prince but that wasn't it.

Are they trying to bring Wook's suprsessed bad side???

@SizzlerZ  I don't think the scene was supposed to show the darkside of WW going to evil.. I think it's more like away for him to release his anger because of his plans to have HS isn't working out the way he expects them to every since SO came back to the palace nothing for WW or WY has been working for either of them.. Either of them never bank on Ws returning to the palace to stay the fight for the throne has always been between WY and CP and WW being the snake he is lurking to reap all the benefits from behind.. But as it's been shgown WS don't hide and always been up out and in the open about anything he do unfortunately WW don't have that in him..

The scene when court lady OH is telling HS not to have any feelings to the 4th prince (WS) and not to show acts of kindness to anyone will keep her alive do she understands that WW is also included.. She knows she's a court lady that can only belong to the king she should be changing her heart from WW also because she can't have him unless he is the King..  I realy don't understand her train of thought after hearing court lady tell her that her former lover is the King..  

10 hours ago, mitheone said:

In episode 10, it seems that WW's mother is supportive of his decision to marry HS,  But now that HS is being punished etc, who asks WW to choose between the throne or HS?  Is it his personal choice or is it his mother?  She appears to be supportive of his decision but now that HS is in trouble, she might change her tune.  

@mitheone At this point I could see WW fighting for the throne also because it's really his only chance to have HS no court lady are allowed to leave the palace to marry another unless she has the king permission.. I find WW being just as stupid as HS either of them are looking at the big picture.. How would they live what can WW do in means of money to survive watch and sale soap with HS..

• Like 10

I don't know if this was mention (haven't backread all yet, there are so many pages. What do I expect to the thread that never sleeps and moves in lightning speed? xD)

I think WW and HS relationship is retelling of Lady Oh and King Taejoo's relationship. Soon, we will see WW go for the throne.

We all know WS description of a person he's waiting all his life. Who he want to spend his whole life with and will do anything for her. Someone who will accept him as who he is. Someone with no high value, someone who will not be bothered by his ugly(scarred) face. We all know this is HS/Hajin.

HS/Hajin says that people close to her always change and she always gets betrayed so she said that she herself, have decided that she won't change. She wanst to find a person who will not change, will not hurt her and will make her happy (and in episode 10, she thought this is Wook). I hope she'll already realize in the next episode who fits this description.  I MEAN , COME ON!! SOOya! WE'RE ALREADY IN EPISODE 11, FALL FOR SO ALREADY! WE'RE DYING HERE WAITING FOR LOVEY-DOVEY MOMENTS!!!! :bawling:

• Like 13

13 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so if HS told him that she loves someone else... why is he taking away her choice from her?

If a girl tells you she values you as a friend and that she loves someone else.. and your response will be that I will kill that person??? .. totally goes over my head.. on one hand you are trying to respect her by saying you won't kiss without permission, you are willing to leave palace , do anything to save her... but on other hand you can't respect her decisions in her own life???

If one loves someone, one should be responsible for one's feelings. If you love her, love her.. you want to care for her, care for her, protect her.. but you can't have this condition that since i love you, you must love me back.. or less you also live a miserable life without any company..

I haven't really bothered with Wook till now.. in all 9 episodes (literally ff his scenes).. but this is too much..

WS has literally made HS incapable of pursuing her life and love.. she can't accept Wook and obviously.. why should Wook play nice if someone else is keen on snatching away his love from her..

How would you feel if Wook goes threatens IU that dare you be with WS.. 

this is ridiculous.. lazy writing.. they have no clear definition for WS character in love.. he is full of contradictions and his personality keeps fluctuating

The simple reason behind all of it is that Wang So isn't in love with Hae-soo yet. Not at this point anyway. We saw in episode 7 that he was getting an inkling that his feelings for her may be more than just friendship. You don't jump from 50% to 100% just like that. That's not realistic. The kiss in episode 9 is a reflection of his desperation that he may lose the one person who has always stood by him since she entered his life - the one person he trusts implicitly, the one person who's never seen him as a monster (well, right up to that point anyway), the one person who didn't think his scar should define his life, the one person who he can speak to like a friend... you get the drift. He's a man who's been deprived of love all his life, and he's never got the opportunity to love unconditionally. I don't think he knows how to love a person. I would even say he doesn't know what love is. 

So has placed all these barriers around his heart because he's gotten hurt over and over again by people he shows his vulnerability to (ahem, Queen SMS) and Hae-soo unwittingly breaks those walls down without even realizing it and draws him out of his shell. He's become hopeful that he may get to experience genuine friendships and form genuine bonds, and it's only natural that having experienced these things for the first time in his life, he's unwilling to let it go. He becomes obsessive about wanting to safeguard everything he's had with Hae-soo to the point where he's spouting the things he said to her at the beach about wanting to kill whoever she loves, because that means she would leave him, and he cannot deal with that. 

"If one loves someone, one should be responsible for one's feelings. If you love her, love her.. you want to care for her, care for her, protect her.. but you can't have this condition that since i love you, you must love me back.. or less you also live a miserable life without any company.."  We know this because at some point we have been in love or received love (from a significant other, your parents, siblings, friends etc). He doesn't; not until Hae-soo stumbles into his life. 

The point where he consciously decides to ingest poison for her is a tipping point not just for her, but for him as well. He has come to the realisation that he's willing to literally die to protect her, and when he survives that, he will have to come to terms with what those connotations are. (During the makeup scene that he tells her that he doesn't distinguish relationships, and that love and friendship are the same to him. Well after taking poison for her, he will more or less come to the conclusion that love between lovers and love in friendships are definitely not the same thing.)

We're not just watching him fall in love with her, we are also watching him learn how to love. 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, redfrommars said:

HS/Hajin says that people close to her always change and she always gets betrayed so she said that she herself, have decided that she won't change. She wanst to find a person who will not change, will not hurt her and will make her happy (and in episode 10, she thought this is Wook). I hope she'll already realize in the next episode who fits this description.  I MEAN , COME ON!! SOOya! WE'RE ALREADY IN EPISODE 11, FALL FOR SO ALREADY! WE'RE DYING HERE WAITING FOR LOVEY-DOVEY MOMENTS!!!! :bawling:

Makes me wonder if that's why she's adamantly holding on the doomed Wook ship. She doesn't want to be the one to change first(or in this case, change her mind). She's desperately trying to find all the reasons she can that Wook is better for her in the long run. She literally can't afford to open her heart to So so far because she's terrified of changes, either in herself or in someone else.

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, redfrommars said:

I don't know if this was mention (haven't backread all yet, there are so many pages. What do I expect to the thread that never sleeps and moves in lightning speed? xD)

I think WW and HS relationship is retelling of Lady Oh and King Taejoo's relationship. Soon, we will see WW go for the throne.

We all know WS description of a person he's waiting all his life. Who he want to spend his whole life with and will do anything for her. Someone who will accept him as who he is. Someone with no high value, someone who will not be bothered by his ugly(scarred) face. We all know this is HS/Hajin.

That's what I've been thinking of after reading the live recaps last night as I've not had enough time to watch the episode. This is already the 11th episode and she still thinks that she is in love with wook. I know that she likes wook but it's not the love that I mean. Hae Soo,please just take a look at Wang So tonight. In 9 episodes, could you please just show your deep love to Wang So? I know that a person's heart can not change drastically. I think it's part of the writer's fault for making the wook-hae soo story drag a bit. But, I'll try to be patient for my OTP's passionate and bloody yet beautiful love story

• Like 9

Wow, this thread is rocketing to the Moon. More than 700 pages? You guys gotta be kidding me :D I run out of breath trying to catch up but still love it ^^
Anyway, pls excuse me if someone has already mentioned this but I'm too excited to let it go - The rating of last night's episode is 7.1% Hurrayyyyy \^o^/ I really wanna jump up and dance around the room happily if I could (but I'm in my office and telling myself to calm down instead ;) ) For the 1st time my biased drama has reached the level of 7%, I'm grinning like a fool now :blush:

• Like 18

Just now, zerovk9x said:

Wow, this thread is rocketing to the Moon. More than 700 pages? You guys gotta be kidding me :D I run out of breath trying to catch up but still love it ^^
Anyway, pls excuse me if someone has already mentioned this but I'm too excited to let this go - The rating of last night's episode is 7.1% Hurrayyyyy \^o^/ I really wanna jump up and dance around the room happily if I could (but I'm in my office and telling myself to calm down instead ;) ) For the 1st time my biased drama has reached the level of 7%, I'm grinning like a fool now :blush:

Glad for the ratings. Hail to our Emperor Gwang Jong \^o^/

• Like 11

3 hours ago, edensor said:

She really is something. She said episode 11 when Hae Soo being framed an dtortured almost death is fun! XD

So if she said episode 12 is lot more fun than episode 11, I don't know what to think anymoreXD We sure has different take about being fun, Lee Ji Eun ssi... ^^;;

I think someone has already explained in this thread that the word IU use which translates to "fun" means a lot more like "interesting". Maybe she really meant that episode 11 will be interesting.

• Like 8