[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

38 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Does anybody else think that there's something wrong with internet fandom when several pages are spent discussing something that may or may not have been said in jest when the most powerful scene in the show gets so little discussion? Apparently So isn't worthy of Su because he "threatens" to kill her lover but that's not even juxtaposed with the fact that he drank poisoned tea to try and save two people. One for love and the other for loyalty.

I really don't get it. I just don't. What more must a man do to prove he loves greatly

I think there is a really interesting discussion to be had about Wang So's motivations for drinking the poison.

I think most of the comments I've seen have stressed that Wang So drank the poison to save Hae Soo because he loved her. That he gave his life for her. BUT what if he only drank it save the Crown Prince?. Visually, I know we see So intervene the moment HS came up the stairs with the tea but would he also have stepped in if Hae Soo wasn't there? If it was some random court lady with the new tea?

Personally, I ultimately think his actions were more about proving his sincerity to his father and the CP than about saving Hae Soo. Certainly, she was a factor of importance but if she was his main focus he could have just knocked over the entire tea pot. That would have kept Hae Soo the safest. If nobody drank the poison, nobody could be blamed. However, I think he wanted his mother and father to see how far he would go. He wanted them to know that he wasn't someone that could be swayed by power and greed.

Obviously there's no right answer here but I'd love to read other people's opinions.

• Like 21

Intnl version:

Ws does threaten HS and tells her clearly he is not sorry for threatening.. and that changes HS's stance.. she is so much more guarded regarding everything.. Its like fear has been instilled in her regarding her pursuing her own heart!

Although must say, best option would have been her leaving with lady oh... and wook could always come find her later and marry.. or i don't know if there would have been complications!!!

So, 14th also knew abt HS and Wook... that means almost all prince known abt it.. except 10th and 4th.. (how has 4th not caught on.. anyways)

YH-Queen Yo = match made in heaven. I want a spinoff of this series.. with MIL and DIL drama.. each will be trying to bite other's tail off :D laugh riot it would be

Pleasantly surprised by Wook's mom.. and very very pleasantly surprised by Wookie's stance on life priorities

JM = i'm still so confused.. can't you just borrow artifical rain concept from 21st century and basically become the climate controller for goryeo.. or just tell them about existence of australia and europe so that they can go ahead to fight for more land and have enough to appoint princes? DO something worthwhile

IU: up until now i was ok.. but the gaps in acting have started to come up more often.. anyhow still not a major hindrance

finally 9th prince got some screen time

Again, for the first time, music and bg bugged me like anything.. seriously who edited this whole drama.. How bad can one get..!!!

I like New Queen S.. aww..how much she loves WE.. cute pair..and i like the girl..

love shot, body wave - give me a break!!!

• Like 3

CUT SCENES + 2 KISSES

sosoo

Found the cut scenes that featured in the Korean version of Episodes 8 and 9 of Moon Lovers: Bo Bo Kyung Shim: Ryeo with English subs. For those who are interested and have yet to watched them. Also, the two versions to the kiss at the end of Episode 9. Thanks to the wonderful fans out there!

I personally prefer the international version of the kiss – a.k.a the longer version – since it shows So’s reaction to Soo’s tears and his almost poignant regret. I’ve also added the Chinese version of the…forced kiss. I can’t recall whether it is the equivalent of the So-Soo one featured, but it probably is. The clip also offers a glimpse of how the 4th Prince in the Chinese version was like.

Lee Jun Ki is breaking my heart as Wang So – someone would have to pick up pieces of me at the end of the drama.

Cut Scenes

The Kisses

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/cut-scenes-2-kisses/

• Like 14

CtSk2RFUMAEKA_D.jpg

CtTUKxFUAAAqcSh.jpg

=================

Kang Ha Neul Shares Cute Origin Story Of His Friendship With Lee Joon Gi Prior To “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Kang Ha Neul Shares Cute Origin Story Of His Friendship With Lee Joon Gi Prior To “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Actor Kang Ha Neul has revealed the adorable way that he got to know his “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” co-star Lee Joon Gi, as well as what it was like to act with IU in the drama.

In a recent interview, Kang Ha Neul was asked about his experiences filming the show with the two stars. “Lee Joon Gi is an actor that I’ve liked since I was young,” he replies. “I was so happy to get to work on a project with him. I wanted to contact him first before we got to meet for the first time.”

“I didn’t know his phone number, so I found out the number of his agency’s director and very respectfully and honestly asked him for a favor, and then contacted Lee Joon Gi,” Kang Ha Neul says. “He really liked that I had stolen his phone number and contacted him first. It was on that basis that we laughed a lot while filming all the way until the end.”

Kang Ha Neul also talks about getting to know IU, and says that before they met, he only knew her through her music. “I thought at first that she would be hard to approach, but she has a cool, easy-going personality so we became close while goofing around together,” he says. “Since we’re a similar age, we were able to understand each other well too. When she’s acting, she becomes really focused in the moment, which was helpful for me too. I remember being very grateful to her while filming.”

Kang Ha Neul also tells viewers that the next ten episodes of the show will be even more dramatic and painful than the first half. “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” airs every Monday and Tuesday on SBS.

soompi

• Like 14

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE

bbks10_18

If SBS doesn’t give Lee Jun Ki the Daesang Award at the end of the year just because of the drama’s low domestic ratings…I’ll send The K2 to kick everyone’s richard simmons on the judging panel. He is single-handedly carrying the show and is utterly, ferociously, glorious as Wang So. He’s so freaking incredible that he’s making those around him appear better than they actually are. This episode cements the fact that Lee Jun Ki is just equal parts swoon-worthy in aesthetic appeal, and and artistic ability and capability. I couldn’t take my eyes off him – or in the sense, I am absolutely enthralled by Wang So, thanks to him. Anyway, another fantastic episode. Warning: Major Lee Jun Ki Swoon Fest.

Before I start, didn’t really spot that many scenes different from the Korean and international version. The Eun-Soon Deok wedding night scene which was excluded from the international version last week appeared this week; the Korean scene had an extra Baek Ah-Woo Hee scene to replace the Eun-Soon Deok scene. I think there were bits of So-Soo added and subtracted but I didn’t really take note. My review is based on the Korean version.

So we start off with the forced kiss So bestows on Soo. She fights him at first but gives up partway, crying silently. So senses her distress and halts his action. When he realises how scared she is, regret overcomes him. But even in regret, So grabs her hand and spirits her away. Jung, who is sneaking back into the palace, spots them riding away and freaks out.

Spoiler

bbks10_1

LJK on horseback does crazy things to my heart rate…he just looks so adept and confident…and swwwwoooooooonnnnny.

bbks10_2

bbks10_3

bbks10_4

Anyway, Jung panics and goes to find Wook. Main reason being Wook lives outside the palace and would be the best person to help since the other princes can’t leave the palace without permission. Soo is a palace maid and is not allowed to leave – which just means she is in huge trouble if found out, more so if discovered with 4th Prince…who isn’t exactly allowed to do as he wishes either since he now lives in the palace. Wook is stunned and furious. He instructs Jung to return to the palace lest his youngest brother gets into trouble for sneaking out but Jung insists he’ll help Wook to find his beloved noona…knowing how critical it is to find the couple before anyone finds out they are missing…which is kinda adorable. Wook muses that Jung has matured.

So and Soo end up by the beach and have another of their voiceover exchanges. Soo states they are in huge trouble because they left the palace, to which So replies they can just run away. If that is Soo’s wish, he’ll do it. I swear LJK is purposely speaking in a lower tone for this drama…his smooth, gravelly tone is melting me. They stay on the horse, deep in thought.

bbks10_5

They take a stroll and So comments he always wanted to bring her here. Soo slowly starts to enjoy the moments of forbidden freedom. So, who has since calmed down, shares he doesn’t understand why he is always the one forced to leave. Even now, when he hasn’t done anything wrong…why does he have to be the one who leaves?

Soo mentally tells herself she just wants to prevent harm from falling onto those around So. Outwardly, she says that she just want So to live a peaceful life away from the palace where he isn’t maligned and treated badly. So suggests she leaves too but she reminds him she is a palace maid and cant’ leave. So responds matter-of-factly that she doesn’t leave, he isn’t either.

Soo admits she likes someone else. That gives So pause – but not too much – before he asks whether the person in question is Baek Ah. Awwwwww… I love his bromance with 13th Prince. When Soo clarifies it isn’t Baek Ah she likes, So cavalierly replies that he doesn’t care who she likes as long it isn’t Baek Ah. He may consider killing anyone else. Yikes. Soo is rattled too by his in-your-face threat. Double yikes since So obviously means it and even smiles while at it.

bbks10_6

So reiterates that he had made up his mind that Soo was his person the moment he defended her from Yeon Hwa. He liked her because she saw him as he is and he didn’t need to explain himself to her. He doesn’t believe that she is afraid of him and he isn’t sorry for anything he has done so far because he considers her his friend. He ain’t sorry for kissing her, or dragging her here with him or threatening her not to like anyone else.

He pulls out the hairpin meant for his mom and orders her to accept it. Soo stammers she only means to help him and doesn’t mean anything else by her actions. So just blithely suggests, “Why don’t you just run away to me?” DAMN. And flashes what sweet, disarming half-smile. Be still my poor heart. I know So has warped logic but LJK is so charming yet vulnerable here that I’m lapping up anything he dishes out. He places the hairpin in her palm and tells her she can throw it away if she wants. And swaggers away again. Love the swagger.

bbks10_7

They make their way back and boy, I love how So stares at Soo while he rides behind her. Of course, they bump into worried Jung and Wook along the way. Jung begs Soo to get off So’s horse and follow he and Wook back instead. Wook concurs, saying tongues will wag if Soo is found with So. So coolly states since he was the who took Soo away from the palace, he would be the one who would bring her back. He reminds Wook that the king has given Soo to him so she’s his responsibility. He is absolutely right and Wook knows it.

bbks10_8

bbks10_9

bbks10_10

Soo quickly jumps in and says she’ll return with So since she is under his charge. She reassures Wook that she’ll be fine and he reluctantly agrees. He warns So not to let anything happen to Soo and So drawls cynically that he too doesn’t want anything untoward to happen to her. With that, he rides off with Soo, leaving Wook fuming.

Lady Oh is frantic with worry and is angry when she sees So and Soo return together. So says he brought Soo out on an errand but Lady Oh isn’t fooled. She just tells him not to come round so often as his presence will only invite trouble.

bbks10_11

Wook and Soo meet in secret and Wook proposes to her. He confesses that he is too busy weighing all his options to take her away from the palace, yet So manages to do so all in one go. YUP. That’s the difference between passive and active. But Lady Oh finds them and chastises them for their foolishness.

When she is alone with Soo, Lady Oh suggests they both leave and return to Lady Oh’s hometown and lead a simple life. Lady Oh rails at her for allowing herself to be caught between the two princes. If anyone of them has a change of heart, Soo will die. Soo blurts out that Wook wants to marry her and has no intention to fight for the throne. Plus, he is not one to change. Lady Oh coldly corrects her and says he will change. Just like the man whom she loved – who is now the king. Because of her love for him, she entered the palace but can never marry. She dresses him, combs his hair yet bathes his other women. OUCH.

That night, Soo stares warily at the hairpin Soo gave her – but she doesn’t throw it away. It does say something since So is perfectly fine with her doing so. So comes to see her the next day and Soo invites him to the makeup room. As she does his makeup, she tries to reason with him: Soo is a friend because she supported and encouraged him during hard times. She is worried So is confused between love and friendship.

Then So captures her wrist super gently (*swoon*) and dryly comments he is more concerned about her. HA. To him, there is no difference between love and friendship. It is one and the same to him. He stands up and remarks he knows she is pushing him away…but it ain’t going to work on him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Love his bemused tone.

bbks10_12

bbks10_13

His arm steals around her waist in one quick motion and he pulls her close. GAAHAHHHHHH. And practically purrs, “I told you to brace yourself.” Swooning…. dead away. How does one brace oneself against that sexy voice and intense gaze???? I mean who in the right mind would wanna do so? Hahahaha. So leans in closer to Soo, and she covers her mouth with her hand. He smiles and assures her he won’t try to kiss her again without her permission. Awwwww… he’s finally learning.

bbks10_14

Soo runs into Jung and he is glad that she is unscathed. He sighs that he misses how they were last time when she was friends with all the princes. Though he doesn’t blame So for the situation now, he remarks that because of So, he now knows the true colours of Yo and his mom. The poor boy.

Meanwhile, Wook informs his mom and sis of his plans to marry Soo and settle away from the palace. His mom is supportive while Yeon Hwa is pissed and decides to switch loyalties to Yo. She wants to be a kingmaker. Yeah, right. You don’t have no magic BB cream so dream on!

Baek Ah and Woo Hee have their moments. To be honest, Nam Joo Hyuk has zero chemistry with So Hyun, which is why I’m not mentioning much about them though I love my baby boy. Yo’s mom join forces with Won to trap the Crown Prince and implicate So.

So is hanging out with Baek Ah and the latter brings up So’s rendezvous with Soo. Baek Ah reminds So that his actions could have gotten Soo into big trouble…and So says he had no ill intentions. It’s just that he’s just unaccustomed with dealing with people and does not know how to react appropriately. My heart… breaking. Baek Ah comments that he didn’t know So cared so much for Soo. So walks towards Baek Ah and claps his shoulder fondly, “In this world, only you and Soo are my people.” Baek Ah smiles, warmed by his brother’s words.

bbks10_15

So the whole trap for the Crown Prince kicks into action. His family is implicated and the ministers announce that they would like 4th Prince to replace the Crown Prince. Won later adds fuel to fire when he deliberately tattles that So meant to dishonour the Crown Prince behind his back.

This makes the king decide to send So back to Shinju before he can pose a bigger threat to the Crown Prince. The king know that it is all Yo’s mom’s doing and So is innocent but he is worried that So may be influenced to change his mind. Argh. I know the king is right but So’s dejection at being tossed aside again hurts me so.

So storms into his mom’s quarters, demanding she stop toying with him. She snickers that she is just helping him to become king as what he wanted. She openly admits that she will attempt to kill the Crown Prince the next day at a festival, and So can do his part by doing nothing. The palace maid who serves the Crown Prince tea will be one who will take the fall. And we all know who the palace maid will be. So spits out that he will never let his mom have her way.

bbks10_16

At the festival the next day, So watches both the Crown Prince and his mom like a hawk. When the Crown Prince calls for tea, Soo is the one who brings it, to So’s horror. He is caught between a rock and a hard place. He decides to sacrifice himself instead, offering to toast his eldest brother and swears his allegiance. So keeps drinking the tea – three cups – staring determinedly at his mom as he does so. Yeon Hwa is distraught that So is consuming the tea meant for the Crown Prince.

bbks10_17

So gazes resignedly at Soo as he gulps down the tea and says to himself, “You poisoned me.” Soo leaves. The poison is taking effect and Soo excuses himself. He walks away, gritting his teeth against the toxicity, blood oozing from his mouth. But even then, he doesn’t look beaten.

bbks10_19

Another fab episode for So. I mean he is the centre of the universe in this story, rendering the rest, even Wook and Soo, to perform ancillary roles. This is mainly because LJK is just incinerating the screen and everyone around him with his piercing gaze and exquisite balance of vulnerability and ferocity. I can’t gush enough just how magnetic he is as So… just so terribly wonderful and he’s gets better and ups the swoon factor and blistering intensity with every episode.

Fortune favours the brave – as Wook finds out. I feel sorry for Wook in this episode because So is just too much of a force to be reckoned with. As he admitted readily to Soo, So managed to spirit Soo away so easily and single-mindedly from the palace – which is her biggest wish – while he has been hesitating and calculating all his options, and keep delaying her departure. So has nothing to lose since he possesses nothing; Wook has so much to lose since he possesses so much more.

I like the level-leaded So in this episode. He is still wild and unhinged in many aspects but he is slowly learning how to manage people and his emotions. He knows now that force-kissing Soo against her will is wrong. I like how he lays all his cards on the table. His confession to Baek Ah about finding people/emotional management foreign broke my heart. He has been locked up and tortured for so many years, forced to fight with wild wolves, and had barely any human interaction ad connection to normalcy.

We also finally understand what So means when he claims someone is “his person”. In his conversation with Baek Ah, he states in a heartfelt manner that he considers only Soo and Baek Ah as his people in the whole world. What So really means that he only trusts Soo and Baek Ah. He trusts them so much that he considers them a part of himself — that’s what he means. They are not his possessions but a part of him. And when you are a part of him, he’ll do anything for you. I’m sooooooo happy that Baek Ah remains loyal to So till the end. It also aligns to his line of thought that he finds no difference between friendship and love. If you are friends, you care and love for each other. In his eyes, she is doing that and he feels that way for her.

Soo, on the other hand, is shaken by So’s confidence and resolve. As much as she loves Wook and fervently believes that he can take away from the palace, it is not lost on her how So easily achieved that feat with pure boldness and daring. So knew the consequences and was willing to take responsibility. He was smart enough to know he could cook up a decent excuse since Soo is under his charge. He doesn’t hold back and she is aware that when he says he’ll do something, he’ll move heaven, earth and hell just to fulfil his vow.

At the last scene, So knew that Soo would be implicated either way. Maybe he thought killing him would be lesser offence than killing the Crown Prince. But at the same time, we know that there was no way on earth he was going to let his mom murder the Crown Prince. He literally decided to take a gamble and bite the bullet.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/fortune-favours-the-brave/

• Like 19

@40somethingahjumma although you didn't tag me but you are directly commenting on the question that i raised..

Quote: Does anybody else think that there's something wrong with internet fandom when several pages are spent discussing something that may or may not have been said in jest when the most powerful scene in the show gets so little discussion? Apparently So isn't worthy of Su because he "threatens" to kill her lover but that's not even juxtaposed with the fact that he drank poisoned tea to try and save two people. One for love and the other for loyalty.

So, yes even i can not fathom.. how his very clear categorical threat..and reinforcing that threat by telling her that he is not sorry for threatening her... Not be important at all!!

How or why that particular section of the statement coverts into Jest is beyond my comprehension.. 

So, are you saying that if a man comes and threatens you saying he will kill any other man that you fall in love with and although he does love her truly... she is obligated to accept him .. and there is nothing wrong in what he says!

And I really don't get your logic of drinking poision = right to threaten someone to not love anyone else or they will be killed!

I really don't get it. I just don't. What more must a man do to prove he loves greatly?

Why does he need to prove his love. nobody needs to prove their love. People like each other.. Question is not whether he loves her or not.. Question is how can threatening someone into loving onself be lauded as a good tactic.. and applauded.. Why should the girl give in.. and how does it not mar the very concept of true love.. 

Now she is unable to act freely, she is always scared.. she is scared for wookie.. how is that even remotely healthy.. and biggest question is.. why are people not questioning how or why WS is wrong in saying that..

I find that so hypocritical.. in that case Queen Yo can not be berated for behaving how she does towards So.. why .. because she loved her first son and husband enough to sacrifice him.. Love isn't it!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, solelylurking said:

I'm sorry if I sound too harsh on her but I don't get that. I don't get the story from her perspective. It's not believable. If you want to go to the preminition thing direction, stick with it for a while and make it so that it is making me believe her side of story and can symphatized towards her. I know you don't have time for that but at least not within a day.

I 100% agree with you.  I feel like her character is so up and down. One second she's having a major panic attack just thinking about him becoming King and the next moment she thinking that she can change him and the future and is resigned to that fate. She swings to such wild extremes and its such a constant back and forth that it's hard to understand Hae Soo's emotional point of view. For instance in today's episode she looked so scared of him at the beginning but by the time the 14th prince comes up later and expresses concern at the situation she's all cheerful and telling Jung that he has to understand So's behavior because he never had love. It's not the story line that bothers me it's just the inconsistency of it..

• Like 10

13 hours ago, moonloverssssssss said:

OMO, he really breaks my heart, WS hide all the pains within him in front of his family and lovers. He shows how he cares and precious his royal family members...I hate his mother, she doesn't show react or try to stop when WS is trying to drink the poisoned tea.... The most heartless mom in the world......:crazy:

• Like 11

Ok chingu's , finally saw epsiode 10 and it wasn't raw. I am so shocked at what Hae Soo says and doesn't say's. In a earlier post I said Wang So knows heart better than she does and this episode confirms it. Wang So saw the panic in Hae Soo's eyes isn't about fear but being confined to the palace is bad for her. He even asked her to run away with him and she responds she wishes he can live peacefully without bloodshed. Hae Soo needed some air so he took her to beautiful place to calm her down. He shared something whit her, something precious to him. When Wang Wook proposed to her all she thought about is being safe. She doesn't want to get hurt and chingu's that is what we all want but sometimes being safe isn't enough. We want passion, love , excitement and the unknown that comes with it.  Even when she talks to Consort OH , she believes he won't change but it is also because all she has seen og WW is his calmness, kindness and love. She hasn't seen his other side chingu. Even OH did not buy WW won't change for the THRONE. I LOVE HOW OH TOLD ANYONE CAN CHANGE FOR THE THRONE. I love OH told her she knew about her WW and she is trying to save HS but Hae Soo keeps moving towars danger, she just can't help herself. 

I am looking forward to any critics coming my way..... I truly enjoyed today's episode. :wub::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 20

1 hour ago, sutcliff said:

The ending scene !!!! THE ENDING SCENE !!!!!! the blood, the way he endures the pain !!! The way he tried to get himself together physically until they cannot see him collapsing !!! WS protecting People by sacrifying himself !!! There's no way he'll kill his brother(s) !! I refused to believe that !! WOW this episode is so full in term of contents ! I really want to know the convo between Oh sanggoong and Soo!! 

At one particular shot, I felt that the queen was really disturbed of the fact that So drunk the poison ! Such a great actress this woman !!!!! 

Yess I 100% agree with you! Honestly, I can't imagine WS would kill his brothers... I refuse to believe it as well because deep down, he's just a broken man who wants some love from people around him. Under that mask, he's such a kind and compassionate person... The only reason why he acts the way he is now is because of what happened to him in the past and his actions now are a result of all that, not receiving much love and being spited by the people around him. This is one of the reason why I think Wang Soo can be possessive with Hae Soo. He finally found someone he can trust and love, someone who doesn't judge him from his scar and isn't afraid of him... That's why WS doesn't want to let HS go and keep ahold of her.... I think that's why he can be possessive about him but that ending scene just proves what a great and loyal man he is. Not only is he drinking the poison to save the Crown Prince but also for HS as well~ That's just one thing I love about that scene. He endures the pain from the poison to not let anyone see and he is doing it for CP and HS.

• Like 20

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just watched the make-up scene in ep.10... Very interesting.

What HS was trying to tell WS about him mistaking her kindness towards him during his lowest mood as love instead of friendship, actually can apply very well to her relationship with WW too. She might have also mistaken her feelings for WW as love because he helped her during her struggles adjusting to new life and identity in Goryeo. Look who's talking...

Then when WS leaned in and she instinctively covered her mouth with her hand, as soon as he told her that he won't do anything to her without her permission, she very quickly lowered down her hand that was covering her mouth. That can only mean that she has great trust in his every word. Wow, just wow... When will she finally realize how much she can trust and depend on WS.

I think HS will realizes that WS has no intention to gain the throne the moment he chooses to drink the poison on behalf CP. He is the good one with warm heart and not as cruel as what she has seen in her premonition. She comes to understand WS kills for live and there must be a reason behind of his moves. 

Secondly, this man is willing to give up his life for her...where can he find such a man in the world? 

• Like 20