Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

19 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

And in the same time honest with her.

I know you like Hae Soo from your previous posts. That's why I was amazed by your critique even I knew that you're right. Thank you for your answer.

I just want to add to your discussion.

Do you think Hae Soo is extra afraid of Wang So, because she can see that he is capable of killing many. She saw him in his breakdown when he was all bloody and confessed to her that he killed many.

I agree that Wang So delivers on his promises more with action than Wang Wook. But I also noted that many of the things that he did for Hae Soo like confronting his mother after she interrogated Hae Soo was done behind the scene. Hae Soo is not aware of the many things Wang So has done with her.

Before Wang So realized his feelings for her, they had a friendly relationship, but he was also more gruff with her, and threatened her multiple of times. He never expressed romantic interest until the make up scene, which made her freeze from shock.

I think Hae Soo is as of now only romantically focused on Wang Wook still. So she would be more concerned for Wook's safety and the other princes if anything were to threaten them. Wang So happens to be threat according to her vision, and that scares the hell out of her, because her actions with the make up gave him the opportunity to be the king, so she feels responsible.

Just my take.

• Like 16

55 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@Adnana I have decided to bring up synopsis stuff only after the relevant timing passes in the aired episodes and if deviates much from the actual episodes. So I'm just going to keep my fingers zipped up about this issue.

ruizaio,

Hahaha. I suppose it's a good thing that, if I and fellow spoiler-hunters lack the self-restraint to keep from fishing for clues, you possess the self-restraint to keep your lips... ah, your fingers zipped. :) And by good thing, I mean of course, "as expected, just my cra**y luck", lol.

Really, it's fortunate for my sanity that I only live-watch at most 2 dramas per year. It's not that I need plot spoilers as such, but that I need a series of assurances that only a complete drama can provide, before I start watching. Like the assurance of a HEA. I don't even know how I ended up live-watching (and obsessing over) a drama about which the only sure thing is its tragic ending. Must be the power of LJG's Wang So. Sigh.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, pujajain said:

While Queen Yoo might not be aware of the relationship, Yeon Hwa has some hints and everyone has some understanding on how So feels about Soo.

As for poison, I don't think they need to kill CP, just establish he is not worthy and force king to declare an alternative as CP. My guess is the poison would either killed or made CP sick. CP's skin sickness would have weakened his immune system and constitution making him more vulnerable to poison than So who was healthy and probably had one of the best constitutions amongst the princes given his harsh life. It impacts him but does not kill him.

I have a feeling that when So cools down, he insists on taking So to the beach and give her the gift he got. Soo goes despite her apprehension and reluctantly. WW and Jung sees them return together and sees a quiet/unhappy Soo on horse and assumes that So is pressuring her into a relationship. He decides to go and ask the king to be allowed to married to her at the right opportunity much to the frustration of Yeon Hwa. He conveys the same to Soo when he sees her later but instead of her usual exuberance, she is withdrawn which worries WW and makes him feel powerless and insecure. Meanwhile Yeon Hwa (historically she was very knowledgeable about poisons) joins hands with the queen to get Soo out of the way. It serves multiple purposes, harm CP, nip Wook-Soo marriage dream in bud, remind So as to who holds the power in palace and deliver a major emotional set-back to him. 

Meanwhile WW forms an alliance with Yo and they try to take out So. The attempt does not succeed but warns So. He confronts his mother who tells him about her plot and challenges him to stop her. So is shocked next day to see the maid in plot is Soo. He does the only thing he can, he drinks the poison to save the CP and at the very least save Soo's life.

Soo is punished and tortured while everyone looks on helpless since speaking on her behalf implicates them. So is recovering all this time. Eventually lady Oh takes the blame on herself and we have Soo begging for mercy in rain while So supports her.

What is interesting to me is -

1)Everyone knows and understands that lady Oh and Soo had no interest in harming the CP and they have had many opportunities to do this past if they wanted to. Odds are that everyone understands who the conspirators are but still innocents are punished to maintain appearances. 

2)Does Wook ever realize the role his sister played in the conspiracy and how does he react to it?

3)So would have managed to win even more of king and CP's favor than ever before after his sacrifice, in someways this incident would change the dynamics in the palace completely.

4)Does Soo ever realize how Wook household is involved in this conspiracy that results in almost death for So, her torture and lady Oh getting entangled in the plot? What is her reaction to it?

Thats a very good summary that you have written...

Just a few comments on my end

1. That's how the palace worked and which is exactly what everyone but HS was pointing out. Without support and a royal backing, you cannot survive in the palace. Remember what happened in the earlier episodes? The king knew that the queen was behind the earlier assassination plot but still he is choosing to keep a blind eye or rather keep your enemies closer approach.

2. He may have not known it earlier but he definitely would know it later on. But by then...

3. To a certain extent, yes WS would have gathered support but then again if he rescues HS, how will the king be happy with him? Isn't that going against the all mighty King?

4. Bingo. That has to be the breaking point for her. Plus the part where WW keeps not delivering his promise to save her would be the tie breaker. 

• Like 20

2 hours ago, briseis said:

I think that’s basically one of the core messages and morals of the novel -INFORMATION IS POWERFUL AND DANGEROUS, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT’S THE COMPLETE TRUTH. KNOWLEDGE OF THE PAST, NO MATTER HOW VAST OR LIMITED IT IS, DOESN’T GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE OTHERS. One of the reasons why SO fell in love with HS is because she never judged him, no matter how damning the circumstances where, no matter how much literal blood was on his hands - but now she is judging and condemning him for crimes he didn’t commit WITHOUT GIVING HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEND HIMSELF. This is Hae Soo’s biggest crime and she will realize it soon, unfortunately it’s already done AND SHE WILL LOSE HIM FOR IT.

@briseissorry to cut your post but thank you for your post. I do agree with your analysis of Hae Soo's reaction and her knowledge or lack of knowledge of history. It seems she does not know much about her history or about the history of the country of her ancestry centuries down the line. She travelled far from her present which was the 21st century to the past of the thousand + years ago. From where she came from exists the superspeed information highway and everyone who wanted information on anyone at least their general history would have used that highway for information. It seems all she knew is about the 4th was what she imagined that he killed many people. Even if she did study history all information is subjective especially if one is so unfamiliar with the land, the people, the time and the mores of that time. It seems she had no information at all about how the 4th became the emperor of Goryeo and his ruling. He ruled longer than his brothers and I think longer than even his father the founder of the dynasty. He did not go into a killing spree once he became king. So is already witnessing how his brothers and even his mother and family battle for the throne as he was asked to kill the CP by his own mother who wants to put his older brother on the throne. Struggle for the throne between  brothers and clans is not something new that just happened when So became king. The first years of So's rule were spent in study of other kingdoms on how to rule and establish governance. He actually had a plan and consolidated his power base in the early years of his rule and he stabilized the ruling of the country and maintained diplomatic relationships with other countries. As you mentioned he also emancipated slaves and established civil service exams that included common people to recruit officials by merit and give everyone equal opportunity of serve as officials of the government and not just given to the rich and powerful clans. So, Hae Soo just responding to her imagery and not questioning the validity of her historical knowledge of this time period and instead judging So based on what she thinks she knows could be troublesome for her  and yes she might just change history in a big way by giving false hopes to the wrong person such as Wookie. Does she ever think that instead of preventing the killing (as if she can) that she might instead cause the tragedies she is afraid will happen if she decides to meddle? 

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, pigsflyy said:

Do you think Hae Soo is extra afraid of Wang So, because she can see that he is capable of killing many. She saw him in his breakdown when he was all bloody and confessed to her that he killed many.

I agree that Wang So delivers on his promises more with action than Wang Wook. But I also noted that many of the things that he did for Hae Soo like confronting his mother after she interrogated Hae Soo was done behind the scene. Hae Soo is not aware of the many things Wang So has done with her.

Before Wang So realized his feelings for her, they had a friendly relationship, but he was also more gruff with her, and threatened her multiple of times. He never expressed romantic interest until the make up scene, which made her freeze from shock.

I think Hae Soo is as of now only romantically focused on Wang Wook still. So she would be more concerned for Wook's safety and the other princes if anything were to threaten them. Wang So happens to be threat according to her vision, and that scares the hell out of her, because her actions with the make up gave him the opportunity to be the king, so she feels responsible.

Just my take.

Let's assume that Hae Soo doesn't know anything about GJ. Would she have had that terrible vision? Would she have felt responsible? No. The truth is that Wang So didn't do anything wrong to her on the contrary, he was always by her side. He didn't do anything to enforce her belief that he will become a cruel king.

And yes, she didn't know what he had done for her.

I pointed that out in one of my previeous post

She never was afraid of him even when she saw him soaked in blood knowing what he did.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

Let's assume that Hae Soo doesn't know anything about GJ. Would she have had that terrible vision? Would she have felt responsible? No. The truth is that Wang So didn't do anything wrong to her on the contrary, he was always by her side. He didn't do anything to enforce her belief that he will become a cruel king.

And yes, she didn't know what he had done for her.

I pointed that out in one of my previeous post

She never was afraid of him even when she saw him soaked in blood knowing what he did.

Lol I don't know what would happen if Hae Soo had no knowledge about GJ, or whether that would affect her visions. I think it would totally change the plot line and be a different story. I'll concentrate this storyline so far where she does have hazy history knowledge, have her scary visions, and does feel like she has some responsibility.

I agree that Hae Soo have seen the good points in Wang So when he was at his worse. Although she knows his good points, I wouldn't say that she knows everything about him to make a concrete decision. I think she wants to believe the best of him, but her fear of what could happen to her loved ones may make her question what Wang So is really capable of. 

I wouldn't say Hae Soo never feared Wang So (she seems scared of him in the beginning episodes), but she chose to see his good points. The fear of being wrong in your judgement of someone causing the demise of others you care for is what I think Hae Soo is currently feeling.

Both Wang So and Hae Soo are currently acting on emotions. I want to see how they resolve this issue and make their relationship grow.

• Like 11

@littleloony BRAVO, Chingu!!!  That was an AWESOME narration. I actually felt like you were laying the foundation to an interactive game. To be totally honest...this would make a good one. I have a lot more to say, but I have to run and do an errand. I wanted to let you know ASAP however, how excellent this is. I will definitely add more to this when I return.  GOOD JOB!!!  :blush:

• Like 16

I am a bit torn ... I guess some can relate

on one hand am I like "Is it Monday, yet?"

seeing the stills I'm feel like "No, no, noooo, nonononono NO"

How am I to survive till Monday?
How am I to survive Monday?
How am I ever going to keep up with you mad people posting every other minute way to much?

:wub:

• Like 24

I think its unfair that Hae Soo is getting so much criticized for reacting to her visions, first I dont think her visions are completely from her Historical knowledge because no History would record if Eun was shot by arrows first and then made to kneel down , before So in hysterical mad laughter killing him.... this much detail simply cannot be made up of some kind of partial Historical knowledge or even if she did know History correctly.... So these premonitions are the side-effects of her Time Travel where she is been shown the glimpses of the future....now once we established that there are two possibilities... one where she is able to change the future with her actions and the other where the future remains the same irrespective of her actions.... it depends on which context the writer has based the story on... going by the novel the history is set and cannot be changed...so the visions will come to pass.... irrespective of her actions whether she informs 8th prince or not... If you see from her perspective she has witnessed the impossible event of Time Travel, seen the brutality of the Goryeo period... not to mention witnessed first hand what So is capable of in terms of brutality.... in this context when she is shown visions not just hazy dream like ones, but the ones where she can see it clearly as real life happening before her eyes and that too appearing right when the related events are appearing like death of Eun and his wife right at the time of their marriage , ascension of So right at the time of his successful Rain Ritual etc....  have given enough reason and logic for her to be fearful of the events that are supposed to be take place in her visions... not to mention the same theory being repeated by Ji Mong to her that those were future flashes.... Now in this context how can she be blamed for panicking to see her innocent friend being butchered along with his wife....how can she be blamed for  fearing So after seeing the gruesome butchering of Eun in her vision... how can she be blamed for not outright accepting the terrible fate that awaited Eun and Wook and the rest of them and instead trying to convince herself that she would try to save them .....such a reaction is only Human... even though naive....  I think we should not be biased against her just because she hurt So with her actions...we cant expecxt her to be all Zen in all situations... she is just a normal person with average intelligence undergoing extraordinary circumstances.... cant blame her for not being aware of SCiFi dramas or Flow of Time theories... cant blame her for caring about all the princes just not one or two... cant blame her for getting panic attacks that she might have paved the way for the very future she wanted to stop....

• Like 9

1 hour ago, pigsflyy said:

Just my take.

I'll add that HS doesn't know the whole truth about WS's tragic story and what's behind that scar...

• Like 8

omg! this is giving me the chills. how am i supposed to wait till monday now? sail my ship, sail!!!

and where is wook when she is getting tortured? preparing his next apology speach ?

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

omg! this is giving me the chills. how am i supposed to wait till monday now? sail my ship, sail!!!

and where is wook when she is getting tortured? preparing his next apology speach ?

Lol! He is always being sorry! Wook-ah, please do something so you can stop saying sorry!! ☺

• Like 10

5 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

I was drinking my coffee while reading this, haha. 

That fooling around or goofing around, im pretty sure there's only one person who leads the pack  :lol:

Hide contents

Gah , happy pills anyone?

/gif  risablacktiger

During the Healing Camp interview he talked in detail about that habit of his to fool around, sing and dance on the set... He says that he even brings his own speakers to pump up the volume and have fun in the silliest way, 'cause he wants the mood to be bright while filming... :D:P:lol:

• Like 24