[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

37 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

SORRY TO CUT YOUR POST. 

Wonder if Soo had to do his make up and witness the whole wedding ceremony. Arghh...the heart ache. 

I've already prepared my heart and mind regarding YH/WS marriage. It's something written in black and white in history.. But if HS's indeed to do WS make-up for the wedding I'd probably breakdown and cry. Haesoo-ya!! I just wish that YH won't ask for HS to do her make up on that scene. I'm afraid I'd break the screen of my device. 

Then again this is a shot-gun wedding. She tricked him into it. I've read in previous spoiler that she..

Spoiler

Made him drink till he was wasted and they both woke up together the next day and she requested from the King for them to marry. So, this will probably be around ep11 too. Unless the King during this time was already CP Mu.

• Like 21

So there is the prove fot that one fact to become a part of the Drama I did not wanted to see - even it is History... How can I deal with that... I hope it will be some kind of contract. And I said before maybe that will become the reason Wook will not die later... Because he is still the Brother from the Queen...

Even before it started I knew I had to prepare my Heart for a lot.. but seeing Lady Oh dying so soon... No - I was not prepared for that. Who will i try to kidding here - Prepared... no - sadly not.. and I will suffer further with that great Drama. I´m pretty sure I will watch again with the Eyes half covered... Not able to watch - not able to not watch... Just the half of it... So much more to come.

HS Vision of the King made clear he is married just with the Hairstyle. With every Picture we got spoiled I first checked his Hair. But what he wears when he marries is the King Robe or not?

So - I hope we will have a bit time first four the real love to start... and than the War over the Throne have to start.

• Like 19

Just now, deabakdrama said:

I think WS has no others choice besides marrying his half sister YH, in order to bring these two clans together (his mother and  WW) to avoid more killing and unnecessary trouble. It is all political marriage. I have two thoughts:

1. HS  persuade WS to marry YH...

2. WS will get marry without HS's knowing....

If HS was to persuade WS I think I'll be okay with it because it would be an understanding between both of them.

However if WS was to get married without HS knowing I think she might feel a bit conflicted if she doesn't know that WS has no other choice.

Either way I am thinking of everything that will follow after this marriage. Will WS be able to spend time with HS? How will YH treat HS after this? She might get even more stirred up knowing that her husband's heart belongs to her.... :( STAY STRONG HS!!

• Like 19

53 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Although I don't think it's going to happen I really hope all this happens when Hae Soo goes back to the future or something.
Please don't let it happen when she's around :( 

based on history, i think wang so will marry yeonhwa,, but dear writer, i know kanghana is really pretty, but please make yeonhwa looks better and be more kind than now, because now she is like a greedy evil queen to be

and maybe because haesoo has to go back to future (like in c-version) wang so didn't have any choice but to marry yeonhwa (because he can't marry haesoo, right)

like in c version, i hope they meet again in future, i really want to see wang so in modern era :wub:

22 minutes ago, briseis said:

“Before I came here, I fell in love with a man… I thought I could make him give up on all his ambitions. In the end. he became a man I could not reach.” 

OMG! Lady Oh is actually a dead ringer for the original Ruo Xi and her relationship with King Taejo echoes the one RX had with Yinzhen.

The scenes where HS and Lady do the make-up for the father and son mirror themself - it’s intended from the start in order to draw paralles between these two couples and in that way between RX&4th Prince and HS&WS - to show the similarities, BUT WHAT’S MORE IMPORTANT, TO SHOW IN WHICH THEY DIFFER. Just like Taejo, Yinzhen had approx. 30 wives (including concubines) and almost 20 children with them (Taejo has 30+) and RX had to share him with them, just like Lady Oh. On the other hand, Gwanjong had only one Queen and later married his niece (but didn’t father any children with her, so it was just a political union), learning from his experience of a neglected child, the fratricidal battle for the throne (and also because of HS) .

“In order to save Hae Soo’s life, Wang So forsook the old emperor and instated a new emperor in his place. Because he hates being pressured to forsake Hae Soo, he takes it upon himself to ascend the throne. - Wang So’s character synopsis

The main reason why Wang So will vie for the throne is because he doesn’t want anyone to have the power to take Hae Soo from him, or to hurt her. He will marry YH to gain and consolidate his power (the marriage being just a means to an end). The Moon Lovers story will span over 10 years - it’s 943 now and So’s and YH’s first child won’t be born until 955, several years after HS’s death - he will be 30 years old at that time (married for some 7-8 years) which is very late for a first child considering Goryeo boys got married very young (early teenage years). They will definitely explore this strange fact.

It’s clear that EVEN AFTER MARRYING HIS HALF-SISTER WANG SO WILL STAY FAITHFUL ONLY TO HAE SOO. UNLIKE TAEJO/YINZHEN, SO GIVES HIMSELF TO HAE SOO EXCLUSIVELY - WHEN HE TELLS HER “I’M YOURS” HE MEANS IT IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

look at last picture, HE is really pretty (lee junki) :blush:

• Like 20

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:
Spoiler

First of all, thanks for the compliments!! I am glad that my comments are appreciated.

Yes, that's right. There are many clues pointing in that direction!! First, he could have married her much earlier, but he didn't. What was his reason? Hae Soo belonged to the Hae clan, like his wife's, so technically she wasn't such a bad choice. However, her position in that family was much lower than her cousin's. Yet her uncles were able to use her as a pawn and attempted to have her married to the king which proves to me that Hae Soo did have some value. We shouldn't forget that she was a lady after all and not a servant or maid.

While Wang Wook refused to get married again (political marriage), he never told his mother nor sister his reason, although he could have. We know that he wanted to marry Hae Soo. Why the hesitation? Some might say because of his family as he knew that they wouldn't approve this marriage. However, I consider this as a false excuse. He is the head of the household, for god's sake... look how his father is treating his wives. He doesn't allow them to influence or blackmail him. Hence from my point of view, the real reason is that Wang Wook couldn't do it because of his greed.1 Deep down, he knew that if he got married to Hae Soo, he would have to give up his goal: becoming the king. And that's the real reason behind.

Like I described it before, Wang Wook is a prince whose strategy to become the king is to wait and to get support from the clans little by little as he knows, time is working for him. He has realised that Mu and Yo are lacking so that he has come to the conclusion that they wouldn't last long as king. Mu is not powerful enough and Yo is only his mother's puppet. Moreover, this explains his passive attitude. His method is to keep low profile and stay neutral. Then in this drama, we see how he is working in order to have as much support as possible:

- distribuing supplies to people is one mean to get the support from people;

- people keep visiting him and request help from him (he told his wife that he was happy that Hae Soo was the only one who tried not to ask for his help, implying that he often had visits from clans or higher ups who would make requests to him. He is creating a net of relationships by making their requests come true. To me, it is also similar to the feudal system: I help you but as such, you need to support me (financial and military support).

However, he is not doing it with Hae Soo. He keeps saying that he will help her ("leave the palace", "wait for him"), but he really fails each time as he hasn't still given up his dream of becoming the king. So the oath of allegiance is not working here. Striking is that lady Oh witnessed the closeness between Wang Wook and Hae Soo, but she never warned her about him or gave her the advice to be sure that she gave her whole heart to him, if not to avoid him. Why did she mention it with Wang So and not with Wang Wook? In my opinion, lady Oh is well aware that their relationship will never be official, that Wang Wook will have a little romance with her, however he will never claim her as his in front of others. Since he is not claiming her as his, she is not under his protection. By declaring her as his, Wang So has made a statement: "If she is in danger, I'll protect her. So don't mess with her!" And that's how the feudal system was working. People knew that if they attack a certain vassal, their lord would come to rescue him by sending troups.

Then some people write that Wang Wook can't act like Wang So because the latter has no family. From my point of view, they are forgetting that Wang So has a family: Queen Yoo and his brothers.  Even if he has been excluded by his mother, he is still officially part of the family!! Then he is the adopted son of the Kang from Shinju. The bottom of the line is that Wang So is not officially alone. Moreover, the General Park and CJM are close to him so that we can't say that Wang So has no connection and no family at all. At the beginning of the drama, Wang So even tried to help his mother, well aware that he might die or lose his position!! So his mindset is totally different from Wang Wook's. Since he is not after the throne, he is more free than Wang Wook. In reality, Wang Wook's problem is his greed that forces him to be cautious!! 

Another aspect is due to the behaviour of these two princes I can't help myself thinking of Sartre's philosophy: existentialism and his expression bad faith ("mauvaise foi"). Existantialism is connected to freedom. For him, human is condemned to be free. His theory is: Human being is nothing else than his life. So only his acts in life matter. He is condemned because he has no other option or escape. He didn't create the world and himself. Then he is free because once he lives in the world, he is responsible for his actions. Even if someone is tortured, for Sartre, he is still free as he has the possibility to remain silence. So Sartre's freedom is absolute. A human who denies this reality is a coward, he is in "bad faith". 

"Bad faith" means that Human being lies to others, but he also lies to himself as well so that he is hiding the truth. He creates another reality that doesn't correspond to his life. As consequence, he doesn't fulfil his responsabilities. To me, Wang Wook is here the perfect example of that "bad faith". He sees himself as tied to his family, but in reality it is his own greed that stops him from marrying Hae Soo or declaring that she is his person.

Interesting is that Wang So is on the other hand emboding Sartre's philosophy: Wang So acts as if he was free and he takes responsabilities no matter what! Furthermore, since Wang So suffered so much in his childhood, he was not free from the start: his ties were his scar, the rejection of his family, the lack of support, the isolation in the Kang's clan aso. Yet, Wang So was able to free himself from these ties: pure strong-will and his meeting with Hae Soo. Isn't it funny that Wang So who had less freedom in the beginning is now more free than Wang Wook? I guess, the difference between them is the greed and ambition. So far, Wang So is only trying to survive, while Wang Wook is already aiming at the throne, but in a subtitle way.

I hope, this was not too difficult to understand or I expressed myself not too badly or it was not too boring!!;) 

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve

@syeramy@40somethingahjumma I really love your last comment!! I agree to your statement. Love means acceptance of the other's flaws, support each other in good and bad times! :heart: I don't think, your brain is dead!! I am waiting for your next comment as well. @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

You're most welcome. :D Your comment always added new knowledge and insight from another culture for me, so it's really fascinating, thank you!

I agree with you that Wang Wook is greedy and hiding his real personality, even from himself. Re-watching MLSHR from the 1st episode actually made me question some of his behavior. In the 1st episode when he told HS she can move from his house because she lost her memory, his gesture told me that he clearly saw her as a burden and she was very annoying in his eye, and he clearly expressed that with his whole body (he sighed loudly, he kept walking back and forth impatiently, he took the book roughly, etc.). It was actually the thing that made me question whether he is actually a very violent person inside (you know what they said about the quiet guy being the most scary) and it made me afraid of him at first, but then his laugh he made when HS made the glue outside was just :wub: and just like that, he won me over, and I forgot his whole other persona. :lol::lol: But now I'm questioning... whether he hides something right from the start.:confused:

Another one that made me feel something was, from the dance to ward off the evil scene. He and Wang So knew that Yo was the one who did the attempted murder, but their reaction to it was different. For Wang Wook he knew it was wrong of Wang Yo, but he only question Wang Yo , and when Wang Yo denied it, he only smiled. Wang So though, he confronted Wang Yo about it, getting ready to gave a lesson to Wang Yo for doing something so wrong, but then everything changed when Queen Yoo was in the picture. Sigh. (Can someone send him a wonderful mama, please? Like those from reply series:D)

I actually noticed quite a lot of things about the difference between Wang So and Wang Wook, and some of their other questionable action but I'm not in the mood to create essays. hehe:grimace:

What I can say is I think Wang So and Wang Wook moral compass operates the same, it's just the matter of taking action. While one clearly take action, the other one only like assessing situation.:glasses:

I totally don't buy that Wang Wook has household he needed to take care of and thus can't take action freely. Because in my opinion, The Hae clan that support him was a very powerful clan. If he totally wanted to take action and If he was really intelligent, he totally could use his knowledge to take action secretly, if he so refuse to damage his household. Use his political brain to create alliance or something. I'm sure there must be something he can do.

Which bring us to, what is Wang Wook hiding?

1. Is he just waiting for the right moment?

2. Is he already building a plan secretly?

3. he doesn't have any secret or plan at all?:confused:

• Like 22

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

Well about sincerity, it's hard to say when it comes to Wook. Hahaha.. About him keeping things only from himself, well that's understandable. You don't know who you can and can't be trust in the palace. It's a place that someone can lose his head only from wrong words. His family has been exiled before. I can't blame him for being careful. @bebebisous33 is right. He bid his time until it is the right time to move. He is very clever, a politician and a strategist. Wook's each and every step has been calculated. And about him turning dark that was enevitable. He is weak right now. He can't even protect his girlfriend the way he wants to. Wook hates that situation. The current thing with WS is only making it worse. 

About him turning dark, it was an evitable. He is the villain in this story, you know. We have seen some of Wook's dark side in previous eps. 

I'm watching this drama because of KHN so whenever he appeared I tried to watch closely. From the beginning I knew he played a two faced person although some of us would've have doubt because his gentle kind appearance. If you have time please watch ep 1 where he knock HS's door down and stretched out his arm to her and the library scene. The first scene had his wife and some of house maids involve. The second scene there was the two of them. His eyes, facial expression and voice tone is different. In the room he is very warm and kind, the kind of aura of knight in shining armour has. In the library scene his expression is more dark and cold. Like he couldn't care less but was curious. So that was exhibit one. Example two, with WS and asassins. Three, conversation with HS about killing in young age. Four, the scene where he warned WS nothing belongs to him. Five, with Jung in the woods and some little things I couldn't put because if I want to correctly listed I have to watch them again. Hahaha.. But the most clear is the conversation with YH in front of the rain. I watched the C vers so I knew he was gonna be trouble but I don't know they will make him turn up like this. 

But still, everything will falls greatly for Wook if only he was willing to wait. Because no one seems to notice his changes. 

The only thing wrong from his plan is HJ a.k.a HS appearance. She is the reason why Wook feels the need to achieve power sooner. If he bid his time like he plans before, I can not see why he wouldn't succeed. If Wook runs for president in my country, I would've vote. 

His relationship with HS too is not smooth sailing from the get go. They were both trying to hide and contain their feeling for themselves. His expression toward HS change gradually too. First from the glue making, slowly and then completely change after the night in the woods. He was grabbing So's hand so tight almost like he's going to rip WS's bone to let HS's go. That feeling come to full circle when HS's life was in danger. 

When it comes to love, it is not to Wook the dagger should be aim but to HS. Does HS really love Wook? My answer, sadly no. But in the mean time they were in love but it's not the same kind of love we are talking about.

HS might not love Wook the same like Wook love HS. HS's love is like a fan to an idol. But to Wook, that love is a serious and deep love. Why he only gave empty promises then? Because that's the only thing he can do right now. He is a powerless prince and must abide by the norm. He can't stop the beating without making his sister looks bad. He can't say anything about HS being in Damiwon although It's clear he hates it. He even lower in rank of power then WS who was abandoned. But when there was a thing that he can literally do, he was doing it. He shown up when Jung trouble involving HS right? And some badas* moves he had. Not as great as WS but swoon worthy still hehe.. 

You'e opened my eyes wider to Kang Ha Neul's character:w00t: Initially I started watching SHR because it was a new drama and the plot seemed interesting.So I didnt really pay much attention to the meaning behind each action or words.Was trying to understand the flow of the story.Only after ep4 and finding this thread afew days later did I realise there's a whole lot of analysis that can be done.It's like studying lit but with a drama instead of texts:DI should really have a marathon and watch the episodes all over again at the end of this week.Watching things twice helps me see things clearer.Thank you @solelylurking for the analysis and for obsessing over Kang Ha Neul;)

• Like 13

about whether YH trick or WS HAVE to get married to her in the end what he will do is for everyone.. 

1. if its about the clan.. WS not only going to make him stronger in power also bringing the clan together.. remember what King said its their job to get married and make peace.. 

2. YH trick WS.. if he did't comply he will likely will get a punishment or strip down from his current status or even worse die.. what he can do is just married her and get the power from her clan too and thrive to the throne... cause by now i think WS will want to have more power seeing the situation where HS go through..

but for once i think HS will accept that.. i think she will love him enough to understand that what he have to do NOT what he want to do.. to protect her and himself also BaekAh.. i don't think WS care if he being punish cause duh he willing to die for her but its involve the person he love the most that something he can't risk at all...

about whether HS will do his make up.. i got a feeling that she will be the one who prepared him.. putting her fake smile and fake courage and send the man who she love to get married with other people... imagine the scene where HS did Lady Oh make up for the last time and double that sadness... well i going to cry really bad if that happen.. gosh the feeling of two broken heart who still entangle but want to make each other happy even their heart broken to pieces........

• Like 17

55 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Was it originally in history??

Was there anything in history about him marrying Hae Soo:blink::blink:

I'm slightly worried now because Hae Soo might not go to Wang So because she is afterall a modern girl and she might just reject him like she rejected the 10th prince. I mean I know she didn't have feelings for him but she might repeat that same speech she give the 10th to Wang So...

Please someone tell me this is a huge misunderstanding on my behalf!! 

I have never wanted to be proven wrong this bad!

I meant in history,Wang So did marry Yeon Hwa.Even if there is creative licensing,I doubt the writers can change that part of history in favour of Hae Soo.I heard from my friend that Wang So did marry Yeon Hwa in this drama.She said she saw a video with Chinese subtitles mentioning about it.But I can't seem to find te video and unfortunately I don't know Chinese language.Has anyone seen such avideo?If yes,can help translate what was said?

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

You'e opened my eyes wider to Kang Ha Neul's character:w00t: Initially I started watching SHR because it was a new drama and the plot seemed interesting.So I didnt really pay much attention to the meaning behind each action or words.Was trying to understand the flow of the story.Only after ep4 and finding this thread afew days later did I realise there's a whole lot of analysis that can be done.It's like studying lit but with a drama instead of texts:DI should really have a marathon and watch the episodes all over again at the end of this week.Watching things twice helps me see things clearer.Thank you @solelylurking for the analysis and for obsessing over Kang Ha Neul;)

Ahahaha I'm not sure if obsessing over Ha Neul is a proud achievement but I'm his proud fans, it's true. So it kinda is something to boast about. Hahaha..

Do watch them again several times. It is kinda misleading at first if you only watch it just like that but the clue is in the little things sometimes. Let me know if you have some questions, ok? If I can, I will gladly help you. 

• Like 11

Is the Hae clan still supporting WW and YH despite the death of MH?

I think the only way HS and WS can have a "happy" ending is for both to be transported to the 21st century with their memories intact because there is no way for them to be happy in Goryeo with YH being the Queen and if mommy Queen is still alive.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, alna0507 said:

Omg :cold_sweat:... what is this.? 

I'm not fine:bawling::bawling::bawling:, how can i be fine like this.. when i saw the raining scene photo yesterday it already break my heart.. 

This is too cruel for haesoo..

its too cruel for WS too..get married to a girl that he did't love at all and have to break the feeling the one person who he love with all his heart..

the guilt and sadness is double on WS side tbh...

2 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Is the Hae clan still supporting WW and YH despite the death of MH?

I think the only way HS and WS can have a "happy" ending is for both to be transported to the 21st century with their memories intact because there is no way for them to be happy in Goryeo with YH being the Queen and if mommy Queen is still alive.

its a nightmare to HS if YH will be a queen... yes HS will have WS protection but there is so many way to tortured HS not in physical but emotional too.. and with HS mind she will never told WS and have to deal it with her own..

right now i totally can see YH as evil queen no 2....

• Like 15

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

OMG. I just noticed what they're both wearing. Look at Wangso's gold headpiece and the colors in Yeon hwa's hanbok. :bawling: 

I think you might be right. 

WHUUUT:bawling::bawling:

I know that it's gonna come sooner or later, and I'm trying my best to ignore the Incest in this drama after that awkward moment when Yeon Hwa treated Wang So's hand scar.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOT READYYYYYY

DON'T GIVE ME THIS AFTER THE ANGST AND SWEET AND ALL THOSE OTP MOMENT PELASE WRITER-NIM AND DRAMA GODS

(maybe you can when the war is on and he doesn't have any other choice but to marry YH to put Queen Yoo and Queen Hwangbo clan together.. or something... *shuddering*)

• Like 11