Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

4 minutes ago, cherilyn said:

I've heard that the C-drama actually follows very close to the novel, with the exception of the ending.

I think it does stay faithful to the novel but there are some scenes left out of the drama from the novel. I've seen the drama twice and unfortunately haven't read the novel. But I'd love to if I could find somewhere that translated it into English.

The only translation so far is up to six chapters. http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.ie/2011/03/bu-bu-jing-xin-chapter-1.html

• Like 7

I am actually enjoying this drama very much! I am baffled to why the ratings are so low in S. Korea. Could someone explain why there are 2 versions of this show? It is making a lot of people including myself, confused. The scene between HS and WS where she does his make-up and teaches him how to do it himself was lovely and I don't understand why it was cut from the version at DF. Why is SBS showing 2 versions of the same drama? The fact that they are cutting scenes does not contribute to good editing!

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, hell59 said:

I am actually enjoying this drama very much! I am baffled to why the ratings are so low in S. Korea. Could someone explain why there are 2 versions of this show? It is making a lot of people including myself, confused. The scene between HS and WS where she does his make-up and teaches him how to do it himself was lovely and I don't understand why it was cut from the version at DF. Why is SBS showing 2 versions of the same drama? The fact that they are cutting scenes does not contribute to good editing!

Hi @hell59! There are 2 versions of the show because the original version of the show was already sold to Dramafever and Youku, but based on the netizens complaints of the original broadcasts (Not enough Lee Jun Ki? Too much Baekhyun and the other princes? Background music) SBS reedited the show - which is why the Korean broadcast is often LJK-centric with BGM without a lot of the rap-hip hop songs...

• Like 10

Hi Chingu's on this thread, silent lurker here.  I really don't see nothing wrong with IU's acting. This drama was pre-produced I think the main target market is China and they need to strictly follow their guidelines.  Not bad for having 1billion views at Youku and seems like other international market has no problem either. SBS caters to domestic clients  and they have the ability to make adjustments base on the their viewers reaction.

It is an adaptation,  so for me anyway, I am just enjoying it, not really sure what will be the ending but I am hoping it will be a happy one for the OTP.   Probably bloodshed is unavoidable in the coming episodes, so be it!

Just my thought, happy viewing to all:blush:, please don't shoot me:dissapointed:

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

Hi @hell59! There are 2 versions of the show because the original version of the show was already sold to Dramafever and Youku, but based on the netizens complaints of the original broadcasts (Not enough Lee Jun Ki? Too much Baekhyun and the other princes? Background music) SBS reedited the show - which is why the Korean broadcast is often LJK-centric with BGM without a lot of the rap-hip hop songs...

Thank you and @vieedhaso much for the explanations on different versions! I actually am also enjoying a lot the other historical drama being shown at the same time, I don't think since I started watching K-dramas, I have ever liked so much Monday and Tuesdays dramas as I am right now. Mondays and Tuesdays really rock for me now!

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

My goodness another one :( 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/09/iu-suffers-her-worst-acting-controversy.html

Don't worry IU we still love you. :heart:

Can u stop posting info from this site? This site always post negative stuff because people start fighting on the post and increase their page hit rate.

I already highlighted this to you yesterday.unless you are the one running this site?  

Cc.@yuhotarubi

• Like 15

I have realised something after re watching all the episodes. Since the beginning I was too busy hating on queen sms aka the witch  to notice the other queen aka the mother of witch number 2. 

WW and his mom are  similar in so many ways, blood is thicker than water after all. In appearance she seems to be very calm, demure and kind hearted but her character  seems more complex just like WW.

In the scene where ww comes to seek for her help after it was revealed that the king was going to marry haesoo, the way she looked at him was so cold and dark, she didn't want him to show his emotions  in front of queen sms as if showing them  would make him appear as weak. She is much more calculative than I thought...

Remember eventhough she looked worried and cared for her late daughter-in-law she didn't fulfill her wish yet (haessi wanted ww to marry haesoo) and I don't think she will ever let that happen. In the preview, ww is the one who's informing them (the queen and YH) of his decision to marry HS and honestly the queen didn't seem that pleased.YH's evilness will be even more noticeable after that moment since she will stop supporting her brother. 

• Like 18

5 hours ago, brielover said:

We need to remember what Su's imperative is for being in Goryeo in the first place. 

"Save the boy."

That little boy's name was Eun Wol in modern Korea (his relatives call out to him by name). Su dives in to save him, the eclipse begins, time shifts, and she emerges from the water to find another Eun this time in Goryeo. A Eun that acts much younger than his age - a defining feature - to highlight his connection to that little boy in Korea. People blame Baekhyun for overacting, and he does, but he has also been directed to act in just this way. 

This helps explain to me why Eun gets  so much more screentime relative to the other princes. 

Eun Wol - the little boy in Korea - is likely a reincarnation of Eun, 10th prince of Goryeo. 

And Su's imperative remains. 

"Save the boy". 

Doesn't this give much more impact - and horror - to the vision she just saw?  She's been catapaulted to Goryeo perhaps for a variety of reasons (see my river-daughter post p 516 if you're interested in some mythical/historical possibilities), but her main and most immediate imperative is to save Eun. 

Applause for u for spotting this!!!!

• Like 24

We need to remember what Su's imperative is for being in Goryeo in the first place. 

"Save the boy."

That little boy's name was Eun Wol in modern Korea (his relatives call out to him by name). Su dives in to save him, the eclipse begins, time shifts, and she emerges from the water to find another Eun this time in Goryeo. A Eun that acts much younger than his age - a defining feature - to highlight his connection to that little boy in Korea. People blame Baekhyun for overacting, and he does, but he has also been directed to act in just this way. 

This helps explain to me why Eun gets  so much more screentime relative to the other princes. 

Eun Wol - the little boy in Korea - is likely a reincarnation of Eun, 10th prince of Goryeo. 

"Save the boy". 

Doesn't this give much more impact - and horror - to the vision she just saw?  She's been catapaulted to Goryeo perhaps for a variety of reasons (see my river-daughter post p 516 if you're interested in some mythical/historical possibilities), but her main and most immediate imperative is to save Eun. 

Omo...you are such a brilliant....I never thought of it...let's hope it's true.that she will save Eun and make So into a good King...well she is already in the path let's hope it's not as dangerous as we think it will be. The first bump is next week poison theme thing....I hope that will make her back to her self while she is with So and or while she is treating So....

I feel the same sadness with So when HS told him don't come close near me you are scary...she is really the only person I and So never want to heard it. It's no matter for me and So that everyone think of So scary, bad luck, or what so ever....but just not her. 

• Like 18

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

if u backread, the sub video is somewhere on this thread between page 555 to 590, i just dun know where now.:P

@GlamGlitzy i think that vid is from the intro documentary about the drama, where they tried to explain the background.

Oic.. I havent watched the documentary vid.. That's why i havent seen that scene.. Thx

• Like 3

"Save the boy."

"Save the boy". 

uwah you are awesome, really

• Like 12

3 hours ago, gobsmack said:

Just caught up with the episodes.

Is this going to be "Cheese in the trap: part 2 Goryeo version".:lol: The second lead is looking much more favorable. Didn't like HS and IU's acting in Episode 9. She might be ok in light scenes but her acting is sub par in episode 9 where she has to show varied emotions. LJK has managed to showcase all the emotions, be it of getting accepted by family, betrayal, sadness, anguish etc in mere one episode. Episode 9 was top notch for to showcase LJK's acting prowess.

I don;t believe it would happen... it will not going to be 2nd CITT. This is adaptation and more/less still have to stick with the original. 

Just keep positive thinking.

• Like 9