Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

I watched both SBS and International versions of Ep. 8 (with english subs), and there are cuts and additions in both versions. Some are understandable, like things not shown but implied, or shortened scenes. So I guess better watch both versions to get the best of both worlds :D. Really I hope after the show air, they will release a much longer version with all the scenes they deleted. audience and length of show does not matter, they can put everything!

• Like 12

Reading the comments both from korean and international fans at netizenbuzz, i don't get why they are saying hae soo and so have no chemistry because i really sense their strong chemistry since the early episodes. and i just don't get it when people are mad with the force kiss saying that it is not romantic and disgusting, but it is clearly showing there in front of your eyes, it is not meant to be romantic at all, but it is a desperate attempt by So for he is afraid that Soo might as well leave him. I don't say it is acceptable to do that, but the amount of hate on that scene is just unbearable. if you putting yourself in wang so position, betray by all people, lack of love since child and on your  very bad day, the one that you trusts and love so much, insult you and trying to push you away, won't that force kiss option will come to an action??Human, are always driven by emotions first rather than rationality. So, for me it is a realistic scene where it would really happen in real life no matter what you would want to interpret it.

• Like 20

While the kiss was certainly not alright since its being forced upon Hae soo despite her objections... at the very least we could take solace in the fact that it was not about lust/attraction but a desperate attempt by a drowning man to cling to the last bit of hope visible  to him... seeing that So was raised as more as a beast rather than a man .... he knew no other way to stop her from shutting him out of her life.... 

This TV show has been exemplary in some of the scenes outshining all its contemporaries... this desperate  kiss scene, the scene where So goes to his mother after murdering the assassins hoping for her acceptance , the scene at the altar where So appears to Hae soo as both the innocent, happy smiling boy and the powerful , scary and ruthless King, the scene where Hae soo sees the vision of So's mad laugh before killing his brother were outstanding visually as well as contextually... the common denominator being So and Lee Jun ki... the characterization of So is so gripping and combined with Lee Jun Ki's superb acting skills, it takes it to a level unattainable by any other contemporaries... So and Lee Jun Ki have done the unimaginable for me that is they have outshined my most favorite combination of character/actor in recent times... that of Yi Bang Won/Yoo Ah In in SFD.... 

Had it been not for  criminal omitting of So/Lee Jun Ki scenes and terrible editing, this drama would have broken DOTS record in my opinion.... SBS interfered too much to spoil a good thing.... which is so disappointing considering a All Time Classic like SFD was telecasted in the same chennel.Hope they learn the lesson... but doesnt look like they willl...

• Like 24

Pretty eclipses please tell me where i can find the engsub for episode 8-9 korean version ? Pretty please :( 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Pretty eclipses please tell me where i can find the engsub for episode 8-9 korean version ? Pretty please :( 

Please check your PM. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

i think the after kiss will be more heart breaking to WS.. HS actually cry and just let him do what he want.. that's when WS let her go and the look that WS give is a mix between guilt and angry about himself and her too.. in preview HS seem calm enough to ride with WS even she look sad so i guess the forced kiss don't really effect much in term of their relationship...

WS i think will take down a notch in term of possessiveness and slowly make her trust him again.. that's the only way to not scared her after what WS pulled in this eps.. forced kiss is not okay at all no matter what you justified although i must admit it really a great kiss from our OTP..

• Like 18

15 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Try...

Spoiler

kiss asian dot com or drama nice dot eu or drama fire dot com ( but i think kiss asian is uploading the SBS version of the episodes i can't remember if the other two do too but i'll give them to you anyways :) Enjoy^^ 

• Like 4

For me, i think the vision that Hae Soo sees are the one that Hae Soo sees and happens way back in 1000 years ago during the goryeo era. What I mean is, go ha jin is the reincarnation of hae soo in the 21st century. therefore, what she sees right now is what she had seen 1000 years ago as hae soo, so that might explain on how she get all that vision. Go ha jin is transferred back to the past to change the history on that king gwnagjong never kills his siblings. 

• Like 10

I found that HS lips open when WS kissed her, looked like she wait the kiss :D 

If she doesn't like the kiss she should close her mouth tightly .... :D But I love the kiss (international ver) and please give us more kisses :D 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, liddi said:

The edited SBS version subs for Ep9 are now complete, with much gratitude and thanks to @ruizaio's wonderful fan translations for the missing scenes! Please PM me if interested.

And I knew I should have held the rain ritual, seeing how the two versions continue to diverge... gah. As such, here are some of the differences I noted in between them:

Additional scenes in SBS version:
1. Soo's internal monologue when Eun refused the marriage
2. Soo giving So a makeup session before attending Eun's wedding
3. Eun's talk with Seon Deok after the wedding and her sleeping on the floor

Additional scenes in International version:
1. Jung's dialogue with Eun after being defeated by Seon Deok, which Eun was disgusted over
2. Soo-Eun scene before the wedding, when he speaks of himself as lacking compared to his brothers, and said "I knew from the beginning, you would never be mine." Poignant scene, well executed by Baekhyun.
3. Extra kiss :P

This time round, I feel that the editing and background music from the insidious family dinner leading to the kiss (or kisses) is far better executed in the International version. I love that they interspaced Wook's ruminations of Soo's warnings between the dinner scene and So's return home amid menacing music, heralding what Soo has inadvertently set in motion what she has been trying so hard to avoid - pitting Wook against So and setting him up for failure.

I am glad Soo's internal monologue is added back into the SBS version, which should reinforce the clash between her modern sensibilities and the confines within which everyone's lives revolve in Goryeo. It being reminiscent of the Cversion, when Ruoxi realises that even a prince's life is not his own, but at the whim of the emperor. 

Dear @liddi , could you please pm me the link for sbs version sub ep 8 & 9? Thank u very much for u and all the subber/translators :wub:

I don't know about u guys but watching these recent ep makes me drained emotionally and physically LOL. In the end I put my other dramas on hold. 

U guys rocking this thread. I'm having a hard time to catch up. Not that I'm complaining ;) Keep them coming, guys

Hugs, eclipses \^o^/

• Like 12

i think its interesting if you see HS conversation with Eun on why she can't be a second wife...

'I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THAT'

'I CAN'T SHARE MY HUSBAND WITH SEVERAL WOMEN'

'I DON'T WANT TO GROW OLD WAITING FOR HIM TO COME TO ME'

its what HS hold to whoever became her husband.. but WS will get married to YH and to say how much HS loved WS to break all the thing that she believe and hold to be with the guy that she love.. WS can't take HS as his wife because of scar so basically they just lover even if WS will only loved her to death...

its just sad seeing both of them will suffer because of power,greed and political thing that stand between them as a lover.. 

• Like 23

Wow.... before I start back reading which I think would be at least 100 pages worth.... (its going to be a long night of more lurking but enjoyable reading... :lol:)

I just got to say, Jimong  enjoyed "PLAYING GOD" on episode 8 ( haven't seen 9th episode just yet) especially when it rained and he has this sinister laugh/smirk triumphantly pasted on his face... It gave me an eerie feeling that Jimong is somehow trying  to "change"   or has already changed something..... that did not happen before (from the original time where he came from)

Here's just what I thought, :phew:

I believe that Jimong rigged the "rain presider drawing" because he already knows who the king is going to pick among the princes' names in the jar. (it was never Wangso to begin with I think) I guess we''ll never know which prince was chosen before then. And this alone made me suspect that Jimong REALLY wanted to change the future of Goryeo.

Who knows, He (Jimong) probably didn't like how Prince Yo reigned over the kingdom, so he's "pushing"  for Wangso this early so Goryeo would skip him being king LOL. Besides, he's probably already is thinking that Crown Prince Moo won't be king for very long due to his illnesses and countless assassination attempts on his life and I bet he already knows something is going to happen to Prince Moo while being ambushed by Queen Yoo/Prince Yo's hired men. But kidding aside, if that was really Jimong's intention, (no throne time for a  power hungry Prince Yo) by rigging the draw, Jimong made sure Wangso will have his chance to be King (earlier)

I am inclined to assume that whoever was ,"originally picked" to be the "chosen" one  to bring in the rain, had or somehow been "sabotaged" by whatever plan by the evil queen (and Prince Yo) so that Yo would end up sitting in the palanquin instead of the "chosen one" (I remember the princes' gathered with Jimong somewhere in the palace to get their signed name plates (or was it  sticks lol) for the drawing, someone implied or of the same context, that whoever brought rain at a drought they were experiencing would become or will have a better chance to be king ) So the Queen and Yo thought it would be the perfect time to outshine the "suspiciously sick"" Crown Prince and possibly snatch up the throne.

In my opinion, due to the importance of vanity for royals at the time, Jimong anticipated the humiliating stone throwing at Wang So during his first attempt at the rain ritual., and He thought it would strengthen him  as a person, prince and future king but what Jimong did not expect is that Wang So would get a "Scar Makeover" by Haesoo, thus the "surprised but happy look on his face. And then there's this disgruntled/infuriated look on Prince Yo's face for their perfectly twarted plan! :phew:

The heavens and the groveling people at Wang So's feet did agree with Jimong  101% by sending in the rain even before Wangso could start "kneeling and praying altogether! :D

What I'm really worried about now is  Haesoo's pemonition... she promised that she will never change for Wang  So... but after seeing her premonition Haesoo will definitely avoid Wangso, while Wang So is her ticket out of the palace!

AND I WAS HOPING TOO that they will get all lovey dovey after she is free :(...

I guess not.

Thank you for listening :D

xxx strawberrysnuggles xxx

• Like 17

Wow this thread moves so fast!  I love all the reaction this drama is getting!

I am a Soo/So shipper, but I'm in the minority that I'm glad they didn't get together yet.  For me, the best part of the drama is always the CHASE because it is much more intense and exciting.  :w00t:  Right now I love how both So and Wook are getting desperate for HS - it's like a race against time.  So is eager to capture her heart, while Wook is eager to hold onto it.  I'm anxiously awaiting what actions both men will take next!  It makes me look forward to each episode.  For me, a good love story isn't always a couple getting together in the end, but what moves me emotionally the most - which could be a sad ending.  :tears:

As for Su's premonitions... I LOVE this plot device they are using!  It adds a layer of mystery to the storyline and has us questioning the credibility of Su's visions because we all see how So really is deep down.  :huh:  I am very curious to see how HS will overcome these visions.  Also, it really helps emphasize why Su is becoming hysterical.  If I started seeing stuff like that, I would question my sanity as well.

I really don't have much to complain about this drama - even the weird editing, extreme close ups, etc... - I can get over it.  But, my only complaint right now is the side story between the 13th Prince and Woo Hee Princess.  For me, I feel like her storyline is really disconnected from everything else...  at least in the original, there was some connection to the 13th Prince and his love interest with Ruoxi.  But, here I felt if anything should have been edited, it should have been her dance scene.  It seemed much longer than it needed to be - especially for a character that literally has been given no background story.  I've never been a fan of side stories in any drama... but it's even worse when it isn't even related with anything else going on.  :(

Anyways... to sum up... I pretty much love this drama and nothing the storyline could do now would make me drop it!  :wub:

• Like 24

@qwenli I have exactly the same question with you..I've watched the int.ver also..and I'm wondering why in the end HS gave up struggling..she closed her eyes and looks so sad..no more fears..just sadness..or anything else?is the kiss triggers another feelings in her heart?or what?So curious..

And WS is the type of man who won't gave up just like that..he is surely going to pursue HS to the end..until she trust him again..until HS gave her heart..he didn't even give up on his mother's love..well,he does now after that dinner thing. I'm really excited for next eps..I already know this one is going to be a melodrama..and I'm preparing myself to cry..again..gosh,I'm such a cry baby :tears:

• Like 13