Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Silent lurker alert. :D You guys have made me come out of my lurker cave, I can no longer hide my obsession with this drama and I can no longer keep up with the speed this thread is moving at, as I am writing this I am also constantly refreshing this page and the posts are never ending, it's going to be hard catching up. But I am ready to join you eclipses :wub:
Thank you to all the re-cappers, next week I will also try and re-cap too. Today, I watched the live stream on SBS but my stream was so bad, I basically missed more than half of today's episode. :tears:

Today's episode was truly heartbreaking, WS was so adorable during his meeting with HS after the rain ritual. To me, in that scene he seemed like a little boy sharing to HS how he feels accepted and when he drank the rain water, it reminded me so much of when kids (even adults) stick their tongue out, or open their mouths, when playing in the rain. I feel that WS really turns into a carefree child when he's with HS.  But the last scene is such a contrast, I usually never get too emotionally affected by drama's but the hurt on WS face when HS said she's scared of him almost made me cry. The girl who just last episode said she will never change has all of a sudden (in WS eyes) become just like everyone else. Although I completely understand HS, I too would be going crazy after having such deadly premonitions. Which is why I really hope the writers have something good up their sleeves to redeem themselves, because right now I don't know how HS is going to go from being terrified of WS to being madly in love with him. 

The kiss scene :dizzy: I missed it on the stream, after waiting so long for a kiss between our OTP I finally got to watch it and it was so sad. But one thing is for sure WS sure knows how to kiss. :wub:

• Like 23

25 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

What i am most angry about is that all the scenes in the trailer we thought were about so-soo love story are not actually about their love at all. the horse scene which everyone was looking forward to is now just a terrified Soo trying to keep the supposed psychopath in control while secretly pining away for wook.  where is the love?????

does anyone have that photo of the kiss on the monitor between so-soo? is this the same kiss that we saw today? because i see no hope for my ship

Exactly...like "controlling the "psychopath"". :bawling: Why writer-nim....whyy!!!!?

About the kiss scenes:

• Like 18

@dhia205 hahahaha my precious better than seeing him calling like yeoboseyo than that words 

sumpah pengen jambak Hae Soo skrg kan wajah wang so tadi kayak mau nangis

Good night guys and i hope this thread isn't moving as fast as shinkansen again because i am afraid i will be left again with some pang in my mind after this roller coaster episode.

• Like 5

Guys what happened ? You're scaring me :tears::tears:   Is it a bad episode ? I still need to watch ep 8 with subs and college life started again so I can't log in anytime I want but, please tell me it's going to be okay :bawling:

• Like 3

Well that is a mess. I've just watched episode 9 and the preview. Bye bye sweetness. That is the Wook romance. And by the way IU has big eyes but heck if I can tell what she is actually emoting. I've just come back from BBJX so csn roughly guess where we are heading. LJK is nailing the role. And Haesoo is very difficult to guess. I can hear her and her voice over but this role but I seriously seriously  ( and don't presume I don't like IU since I have watched her other dramas ) do not know what Haesoo is feeling. Her eyes she seriously needs to emote more.

@Lyracoo- I've just cried a bucket over ep 35 BBJX and sat appalled through 6 ep of SH2. I am out of here. It's just pain pain and more pain. I cannot sit though the brothers dying one by one. Not even csring about the OTP

Just thinking about the 13th prince makes my heart hurt. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

It's not ruin. This is how the story goes according to the book. Her action is understandable too. Would you take a man whom you saw cold bloodedly murder his brother and your bestfriend with open arm? I don't think so. Her fright is justifiable. But this will change later because of WS's relentless effort. Did you see the preview SK vers? They are on a horse in front of Wook! She doesn't look frighten there, only sad. Maybe by then she understand, to change and make WS less violent is by staying by his side. Then her heart will slowly change. 

After that scene, Wook desperation will begin. His mad jelous and don't know how to vent it. WS takes her girl and he must get it back at all cost. His scream is my fave. I guess I'm getting a present for being patience. After this Wook will change to different colors according to his accounts to get the throne and HS. 

So, take after me, chingu. Be patience although I know it's damn hard. 

Agree with you. This is why I love tonights episode. Despite feeling sad for Wang So, I cannot blame Hae Soo for her action. She's downright terrified with the premonition. Tho I am a little bit disappointed she didn't bite his lip when he kissed her like the C-Ver. It would've been funny (albeit inapproriate for that moment). 

I like the way this drama is unfolding. As much as I love our OTP, I am glad the writer wrote their development this way. Slowly (tho I have to learn to be patience). This way, Hae Soo will be able to see the real Wang So that loves her to death and possibly helped making Wang So the better king (one that differ from her premonition), and Wang So will be able to learn to love Hae Soo for she is.

I wonder how the writer intended for the ending. I have been preparing myself for the tragic ending but somehow I feel it is not enough, considering how much invested I am with this drama....What makes me freaking out with myself is, I am beginning to love this kind of tragic love story. LOL. Maybe its Lee Junki's effect?

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

and finally the ocean got hit heavy wind, so storm is the result. when he put his hand under the rain and than clenched his hand as if he squeez the water, feel like he wanna destroy everything that took away HS from him... because of the rain WS made a way to steal HS from him.

yes yes a big yes..i observed that rain drop clenching... how hard that wind has hit him that he can clench even a tiny - innocent drop of rain (due to which he has lost HS). just cause drop is part of that RAIN and he can vanish it he has so much anger for it...

how much bigger the storm will be in his heart for WS when he will finally take her away.

@solelylurking

ok so i have to call my chngu dear to give her inputs and response on her wookie's stormy side...

• Like 5

Oh my goodness! Most of you guys have already watched ep 9 and Im so tempted to read all what you guys have to say!!!! But im going to keep away from all your analysis and comments until I watched the episode. Im still in school so im gonna have to wait for a few more hours :bawling: Lol and please don't write so much so that me (along with all the other fans who havent watched it yet) can catch up!

• Like 3

i think people are being too harsh on why HS did what she have to do.. this is a problem that i predict will happen when they doing this drama.. people not going to understand her reaction toward what people do to survive in this era..her mind is like us.. we will do anything to survive.. 

yes we keep saying WS is pitiful and deserve love but did HS knew all about his scar and hurt?? did she knew about how much WS go through except the one that she been dealing with.. WS scar and family... other than that she knew nothing about WS sad life... she did't know the palace can be that cruel like when Eun force to married if not he will be punish.. she slowly be open about palace cruelness and she later know that she need to survive to live here.. 

we keep seeing WS POV but HS POV is the same.. she have nobody except WW and being left alone in palace.. she make the best of her situation and keep living.. she try to help everybody even when she need help too.. the only hope that she hold to her heart is WW will take her away.. that's hope is her life just like WS life is HS...

our OTP don't collide yet at this point but i think it will start next week... even so i feel sad when they start to fall in love.. cause thing just going to get sadder...

its understandable why HS will react like that toward WS.. he done nothing wrong but she also can't be blame..

if its me i will blame the writer to make HS see the stuff that she don't understand and can't explain just to make matter more complicated as it is.. bummer!!

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, pujajain said:

I have so many random thoughts in the show  but I am loving the layered nuances of their characters. I also love how the show plays with the concept of self-fill-fulling prophecy via premonitions and bootstrap paradox of time travel.

Hae Soo- This is one confused girl....she is still the naive, compassionate, optimistic happy-go-lucky person. This makes her stand out in the jaded world that is royal palace but also places her at immense risk. She still is unable to sense the undercurrents in the palace and royal politics. She fails to see that marriages and alliances are a way to gain power and all princes are prisoners in this gilded cage anyways with her modern sensibilities. Most people do not mean what they say in palace. She does not get regardless of who becomes the king, there will be a bloodshed and all the princes will be impacted by it. It is a fight for survival for them. She views everything with rose colored glasses hoping that the royal family continues to thrive and grow with same amount of love and affection amongst them. I don't think she has an inkling on turbulent history between Wook and Yo's household. What she needs is some one to sit her down and explain how things worked in this era but no one would do that given that everyone expects her to know all of this already.  She judges people on absolutes and in one dimension which is odd because she seems wise beyond her age when she consoled So both the times (After he killed the monks and when he was humiliated in rain ritual). She is judging So based on a premonition without any context as she does not remember the entire history and seems to have selective memory of Gwangjeong's cruelty. While I understand why she would be taken aback and freaked out by the role she played in bringing So to forefront, I have a hard time understanding why she is not conflicted with the fact that So seems nothing like the future Gwangjeong. 

So sorry i cut your post. How i love your point of view, I could not say it better. 

Right now, HS is just too naive to survive the palace life. Considering she's been there quite sometimes, it's her black-or-white view would just give her tougher times. She does need someone to sit her down and tell her The Goryeo Life 101 or something. But i'm an optimist, WS will be her torch out of this dark cave of confusion. Her most feared person would turn into her stronget pillar to (hopefully) survive.

• Like 10

I don't know. Maybe bc I rather believe in what IU said and not jump in such conclusions. She did say that 4th prince is her favorite. And LJK has stayed before that WS becomes very obsessive & possessive. 

But, right now we are the level where HS is afraid of WS, living in fear. I choose to believe that it will end soon. She obviously likes WW right now, but for me I was NEVER convinced by their love. In fact, their relationship to me makes ABSOLUTE NO SENSE. The only trial & error they went through was Lady Hae & they jumped into the relationship? Right away???? I hate it. 

Right now, it's fear & hate that HS has for WS bc all of this things that she is seeing in her vision. I believe that we will reach a point where she will come to understand WS for the real person he is, he isn't just a cruel ruthless killer. Maybe she will come to understand that as KING you will have to do things you don't want to do protect a whole damn nation. It seems as if many of you aren't pleased with the way their love is heading / with WS only the one that's in love right now. For me, idk. I feel as if when the time is right / it will be right. Like most of you said, whether she chose to leave to protect the other brothers and be with WS or the fact that she realizes WS is someone who is willing to do anything to protect her (LIKE RUNNING AWAY IMMEDIATELY WHEN SHE ASKED AND NOT TO JUST SIT AND WAIT) she will come to realize her feelings for WS. 

Again, I May be the only one who has said that WW & HS love doesn't make sense to me. Because honestly it doesn't. It annoys me in fact too. Not that WW isn't a good guy or their little cute moments aren't cute - it is. It's just that from the beginning, WW has become obsessive on his own. I noticed that he kept promising all these things for her but always saying "wait" but when time comes, you're always a step late. Their love doesn't make sense and I'm still not convinced by it at all. 

As for the WS/HS shippers, let's just wait and see wha happens. Because I believe that their epic love story will begin soon. 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, hikari2016 said:

Agree with you. This is why I love tonights episode. Despite feeling sad for Wang So, I cannot blame Hae Soo for her action. She's downright terrified with the premonition. Tho I am a little bit disappointed she didn't bite his lip when he kissed her like the C-Ver. It would've been funny (albeit inapproriate for that moment). 

I like the way this drama is unfolding. As much as I love our OTP, I am glad the writer wrote their development this way. Slowly (tho I have to learn to be patience). This way, Hae Soo will be able to see the real Wang So that loves her to death and possibly helped making Wang So the better king (one that differ from her premonition), and Wang So will be able to learn to love Hae Soo for she is.

I wonder how the writer intended for the ending. I have been preparing myself for the tragic ending but somehow I feel it is not enough, considering how much invested I am with this drama....What makes me freaking out with myself is, I am beginning to love this kind of tragic love story. LOL. Maybe its Lee Junki's effect?

Ooh please not the tragic one. I had it once this year with Woobin. Once is enough. 

But half of us is kinda disappointed about tonight eps right? I read lightly so it might come out and sound wrong. Sorry in advance. They write about how the prod team makes WS like psycho maniac (it's kinda true when the Eun killing played but it doesn't beat Wook's expression in front of the rain. Now, that's a psychotic vibe!) and dissapointed about HS reaction. How do you guys want that frighten girl to react for that kiss? It's not a lovey dovey one. Honestly, her stop beating his chest is a good sign for me. But yeah, I regret she didn't bite his gorgeous lips. It wil be S&M thematic to the max. 

• Like 6

After 8 episode hiding behind mask, Finally in ep 9, i can see clear vision of lee junki 's face

he is so handsome in white (scene with haesoo after rain ritual) 

i think its getting more excited with 4th prince wang so new face, hardly cant wait for monday

• Like 6

Since like weeks a go while watching the long preview, the scenes when Soo So riding horse on the beach has been my favorite and most romantic scene . I could fantasize all the possible romantic situations how they end up like that. But now things just took a complete different route . Soo is so afraid of So and seems forced being around him . That scene is a bit unsettling for me haha . I guess my next favorite scene between them is gonna be this one 

14324302_172243929846374_400613292777419

this one could possibly happens in ep 11 or a bit later when you can see a scar on Soo's lips. Maybe she was punished for the poisioning of Cp incidents. So helps her so she eventually realizes that he's not heartless like her premonition.of him as Gwangjong. But even if he does gets to that point , So should know that she 's the one who trigger him to be like that cause without her So will never have the confidence to take charge of the rain ritual which is ,in my opinion, and import wake up call for So to claim his throne ,.without her 8th prince will never be warned and go against 4th which cause the princes to split into two. 

• Like 16

Thank you for the live recapers :blush:. You guys rocks!

From  the trailers some things i think will happen. So will prevent her mother poisoning cp and try to put the blame on soo. So drank the poison himself, walking away right after, collapsed when he was in the clear. Vomiting blood after that, soo ran for so. 

I think wook and soo broke up. That's why wook was screaming her name. Wook bracelet got smashed, cant see who did the smashing. Poison not seems to be fatal, since so didnt die?

Personal note: how can soo not changed her mind, so was willing to die to protect her, seriously girl. I think she either starts falling for so, or believe she can changed 4th from comitting all her horrid visions. I think that was her from the preview saying "i can do it" meaning she's going to try and stopped so from killing all his brother.

• Like 11

I don't what to feel about episode 9. I saw raw, without subs, but still could get an idea what's going on, plus with seeing your guys comments, had a bigger picture as well. I have mixed feelings about HS visions. I mean sure I would get scared out of my mind too, but I would be a little subtle about it. Gather my thoughts and what I know little about history. I wouldn't act like I was going nuts and crazy. I feel so bad for WS. The one person he finds comfort, safety, love and be comfortable with, rejects him instantly. Outright telling him "Stay away" and "you scare him". Poor boy, getting love one minute and being treated like a psycho the next. HS should really be more understanding, due to the fact that she comes from the future, she should be understanding. That's my opinion, I definitely wouldn't be jumping the gun about judging someone until I fully get to know them and their background, not just relaying on my "supposed visions". Overall I love episode 8 because WS and HS had turning moment in their relationship, he BEGAN to trust her and allowed her to see and touch his weakness. I mean come on she even told him "TRUST ME I WONT CHANGE" Don't make promises you can't keep. Also how are we going to see the love unfold between them if she scared out of her wits and we are already 9 episodes in and the 10th episode seems a continuation. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT WS AND HS LOVE PLOT, all I see is tragic and saddens and rejection ( is this why the ratings are low too?) Anyway I am hoping and praying that HS really turns around for WS and accepts him and understands him more. Sorry for the rant, had to get it out. I WANT MORE HAPPY MOMENTS WITH THIS COUPLE, DRAMA GODS!!!! 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think people are being too harsh on why HS did what she have to do.. this is a problem that i predict will happen when they doing this drama.. people not going to understand her reaction toward what people do to survive in this era..her mind is like us.. we will do anything to survive.. 

yes we keep saying WS is pitiful and deserve love but did HS knew all about his scar and hurt?? did she knew about how much WS go through except the one that she been dealing with.. WS scar and family... other than that she knew nothing about WS sad life... she did't know the palace can be that cruel like when Eun force to married if not he will be punish.. she slowly be open about palace cruelness and she later know that she need to survive to live here.. 

we keep seeing WS POV but HS POV is the same.. she have nobody except WW and being left alone in palace.. she make the best of her situation and keep living.. she try to help everybody even when she need help too.. the only hope that she hold to her heart is WW will take her away.. that's hope is her life just like WS life is HS...

our OTP don't collide yet at this point but i think it will start next week... even so i feel sad when they start to fall in love.. cause thing just going to get sadder...

its understandable why HS will react like that toward WS.. he done nothing wrong but she also can't be blame..

if its me i will blame the writer to make HS see the stuff that she don't understand and can't explain just to make matter more complicated as it is.. bummer!!

It's true. I can't blame Hae Soo...her reactions are understandable after those SCARY visions she is having lately. I only blame the writer for taking that route. But I will calm down. :lol:

• Like 16

My Very Serious and Legit Question is: Didn't Go Ha Jin ever watch BBJX in the future...? Like for real, what year in Korea did she drown? :D

• Like 23

As for Chinese ver I have never believed in heroine's love for the 4-th prince, for me it was all sudden and not well-founded at all. That's why from the very beginning it has been interesting for me how it would be here. And till now I prefer So-Soo relations with all different and complicated emotions - from  sympathy to fear on her side and from curiosity to infatuation on his. All these feelings are strong and vivid and understandable. And it is really exciting to watch their own path in the relationship development with all its ups and downs. Sorry but it is not about lovely-dovely romance like MDBC and it was for sure from the start. Addicted to the show completely.

• Like 21