[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Let me share my thoughts about the King towards WS.

He might be very protective of the CP but I believe he cares so much about WS compared to the other Princes.  Why?

As a father, he definitely felt the pain WS endured growing up with that scar plus the fact that he was sent for adoption and lived a difficult life compared to his other children.   He cared so much for him that he asked General Park to teach him martial arts and be strong.  Plus he also sent Jimong to him probably to have at least someone whom he can confide like a family or friend.  I can see how Jimong and the General cares for WS also.  Perhaps the King wants WS to be strong and equip him in every aspect for possible future leadership despite his facial scar. 

I could sense that the King and Jimong are discreetly laying down WS's path to the throne during the rain ritual.  It seems that it wasn't an accident that WS's name was drawn.  It was intentional since Jimong knows it will probably rain that day so he insisted he lead the ritual.  HS putting concealer on his scar only helps WS in some extent and that is to stop the people from looking at his scar alone but to look at him as a prince also.  It is also probably the King's desire to let the people accept WS as part of the Royal family and show them he can also contribute greatly for the country.  I could see how he seems unconcerned when Yo were suggested to replace So after the stoning.

The rain has nothing to do with his scar covered as HS were thinking but it is indeed part of his destiny to ascend to the throne.   I could also see how happy and proud the King was that So accomplished something great.  I remember the General telling the King that if not of his scar WS is more qualified to be the crown prince.  Jimong scolded the General for being tactless but it seems that the King isn't bothered at all by the thought.  In fact the King wanted WS to be confident about himself and not hide his face anymore, knowing that his son have great talents to be proud of. 

It is a good thing that he has a good father that cares, at least to compensate for his worthless mother.

• Like 22

Screenshot_5_1.jpg 

she can say this about eun why don't she says a same thing about wook and so too?? just like ji mong said stay away and don't get involved. 

seeing how much king Taejo favor WS, why I feel that evil queen hurt WS face because of he is king favorite son. in order to stop the king she used his favorite son as a hostage, but unfortunately the king not buy with it. 

• Like 11

I just finished watching the eng subbed version of Episode 9.

Overall it was a good episode but I just felt weird seeing HS like that. I was used to seeing her so bubbly all the time even when she was demoted to being a court lady. But in Episode 9 she was always serious and she was antsy all the time which is so not like her :( This just also shows that the true conflict in SH is really starting!

I'm excited to watch the next episode but I'm not excited to see Wang So coughing up blood like that :((

PS. Somebody posted here yesterday that WS and HS kissed twice and in the second kiss HS didn't struggle anymore? Is that true? Because there was only one kiss from what I watched and it ended there...

• Like 6

But what if those visions there are things wich she will stops him to do them?

I think that Wang So was born and has all the qualities to be King. He has strong will and determination. He's smart and fast in his thinking and his actions.The life he led made him tough and ruthless. A person who has suffering for so long time does not change at a single gentle touch. He needs more. He isn't smooth and sweet like Wang Wook, but definitely he can be very tender and gentle with the person he loves. I think that his love for Hae Soo is deeper than Wook's love. That love, her love can help him to not to become a cruel king wich he saw in her vision

The second vision is with him killing Wang Eun and his wife. Seems like a heinous crime but first of all we should know the reason. And maybe regardless of it she will stop him to do that.

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

Let me share my thoughts about the King towards WS.

He might be very protective of the CP but I believe he cares so much about WS compared to the other Princes.  Why?

As a father, he definitely felt the pain WS endured growing up with that scar plus the fact that he was sent for adoption and lived a difficult life compared to his other children.   He cared so much for him that he asked General Park to teach him martial arts and be strong.  Plus he also sent Jimong to him probably to have at least someone whom he can confide like a family or friend.  I can see how Jimong and the General cares for WS also.  Perhaps the King wants WS to be strong and equip him in every aspect for possible future leadership despite his facial scar. 

I could sense that the King and Jimong are discreetly laying down WS's path to the throne during the rain ritual.  It seems that it wasn't an accident that WS's name was drawn.  It was intentional since Jimong knows it will probably rain that day so he insisted he lead the ritual.  HS putting concealer on his scar only helps WS in some extent and that is to stop the people from looking at his scar alone but to look at him as a prince also.  It is also probably the Kings desire to let the people accept WS as part of the Royal family and show them he can also contribute greatly for the country.  I could he how seem unconcerned when Yo were suggested to replace So after the stoning.

The rain has nothing to do with his scar covered but it is indeed his destiny to ascend to the throne.   I could also see how happy and proud the King was that So accomplished something great.  I remember the General telling the King that if not of his scar WS is more qualified to be the crown prince.  Jimong scolded the General for being tactless but it seems that the King isn't bothered at all by the thought.  In fact the King wanted WS to be confident about himself and not hide his face anymore, knowing that his son have great talents to be proud of. 

It is a good thing that he has a good father that cares, at least to compensate for his worthless mother.

Which explains the Queen's suspicion that the King had a part in So having martial arts skills.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ahappygoluckygirl0918 said:

PS. Somebody posted here yesterday that WS and HS kissed twice and in the second kiss HS didn't struggle anymore? Is that true? Because there was only one kiss from what I watched and it ended there...

I watched international version. It is the same kiss but first lip contact HS pushed WS away. He held her face and kissed her again. I think that's the one you saw.

Truth be told, I am not exactly thrilled how the HS-Wook, HS-WS relationships are being developed so far. HS's trembling expressions of fear infront of everyone are just a little hard for me not to giggle. :crazy:. Now Wook has declared his love to HS and she hugged him back. And we have HS shouting to WS to go away :crazy:

BUT this kiss does remind me of C-version RX and 4th's 1st kiss. It was also a forced kiss from 4th but he was curious and testing her at that stage. Not as much invested emotions (yet) unlike poor Wang So here.

• Like 8

hae su vision terrifies me 1_003.gifwang so killing eun and sun deok and these words wang so telling hae so i am more scared 

“You are mine,” . “You belong to me. You are mine! Without my permission, you cannot leave me, nor can you die. You are completely mine.”image.gif

moonlovers09-00551.jpg

• Like 12

About the kiss I liked it in both version. In both I had the feeling that she is fighting with her feelings of fear, not with him. And he was like: “See? I love you so much. Nothing to fear!”

About “You belong to me” he tell her the truth. Some times we forgot that this is a darker drama and our protagonists lived in a world of blood and sword. They lived in a period when there were slaves. She has assumed the risk of being a mere maid. Actually I liked that forced kiss. It helped her to remember her condition. Wang So is not a lover boy from 21st century.

• Like 21

3 hours ago, shinaabby said:

This just brings my desire to make an MV with this song... I think someone already has... But should I do it anyways? :huh: Hmm

just do it again..we'll love it..hahaha..anyway, how perfect it is if LJG and IU duet with this song???? Fate by Lee Sun Hee cover by LJG & IU :wub: (wishful thinking again..how many times I said this? lolol)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, movieholic said:

Jimong. I think he can be good and bad.. Still dont know. Why he try to make wang so a king if he already know it will end on distruction(?). I'm afraid that jimong will be the evel behind the ill fate..:"(

Hey!  I just wanted to state that WS-era in Goryeo was the peak of it ! HE established a stable and independent kingdom. So maybe Jimong is just trying to help WS , the king who is seen as the best ruler of Goryeo , I mean JM is rational in his thinking and not emotional. He is trying to help WS because  he is suited best in terms of power and politics to be the King of Goryeo. In a personal level, wether WS is lovable brother or not, Jimong does not care about that.  And as Yo said, when they were trying to convince WS to kill CP,  it is not a new thing that a prince assassinates his brother to get to be the ruler himself. So it is a common, justified and accepted thing to do so in that era, Jimong is from that era not from the future. I guess he will not find it strange if WS kills all his enemies , including his brothers, if they are plotting a revolution or a coup-d'état against him .

• Like 13

I see everyone thinks that JM favors WS.. but i don't see that..

To me it appears, JM's loyalty lies with CP and he thinks that WS alone does not have greed of throne and would be a support to CP.

Asking him in ep 1 to help CP in hiding in return of staying in goryeo

Choosing him for the rain ritual - if it doesn't rain he gets to take the fall, and if it does rain, he is so indebted that he would not ask for the throne.. it was a calculated move from JM. He knows WS is strong and can be controlled with a bit of respect shown..and that is what he  is doing.

Even the king name that he uttered when HS went to meet him in ep 9 - its not what he knows.. he reconfirms that did she say that for WS.. and he already has his doubts that she sees visions which he believs to be premonitions. So, post the rain ritual I am ready to believe that JM may change gears in supporting WS..but hasn't till now.. actually been very sly abt everything..

And which 4-5 year old beggar boy has been into a plane? JM's entire storyline is shaky

• Like 6

Now thanks to insightful posts I understand and accept more the kiss. At first, I did not take into consideration the context of the kiss, I only saw THE KISS ! But as @SukBin and the tumblr post said, it was not a kiss coming from lust but indeed from desperation/ holding onto hope ! I knew it but as I said I only saw THE FORCED KISS ! I don't know if I make sense but all is clear now !! :) 

• Like 9