[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

14 hours ago, qwenli said:

Since ep 3, every ep has some difference between the sbs and international version. so far until to night the korean version was the more interesting one.

but tonight, tonight! the international kiss is so much longer. it shows hs's pushing him away once, then So goes in for a second time and hs thumping him to reject him but later stop struggling. at that point, So stop, and look at hs. 

-----------------

the c version kiss came much earlier so it was justifiable that ruoxi pushed the 4th away, it happened too early. but this one at ep 9, timing wise was ok, yes So doesnt know how to express love, so all he could say was You belong to Me, You are Mine. Thats all he knows how to say. And then when HS said I am not yours, he just had to go in for intimacy. To him, they were already in a relationship. 

--------------------

on a side note, i wonder how long and how many angles they took to film the scene. heehee.

-----------------

I am disappointed with the funny premonitions, but it reminds me that the C-version was a tragedy. it started out funny then the tone turns heavy. Ruoxi was depressed at the later part most of the time. 

Here k version, is doing the same thing, they brought in all the handsome prince to lure us thinking this is a rom com. but its not. This is a melodrama,  I am about 90% prepared that the ending will be a tragedy altho I hope the k writer can do miracles.

@qwenli... Started this drama I have suspected it will not end on a happy note why becuase like you said this is a melodrama. I expected me being torn all over the place but they changed so much in this drama that It is unpredictable. Wang So is scared and had a terrible life meanwhile his brothers and sisters have lived cushy lives. I feel that since there will be tragedy, they should at least let Wang So have some good memories before everything goes to hell. :(  :( 

• Like 11

Hi everyone,

thanks everyone for your comments!!!

my guess till know is that WS is the Gwangjong  and there will not be a new version of him.

That ruthless is already in him, just that it does not yet have the context to be fully activated, Trying not to romanticising him, I feel that there was enough cues about WS to understand that he can be that king - like when he put the mountain and his tree friend on fire, killing the monks, his bad reputation, the dialogue with his general , the aggresivity and determination in how he acts, sometimes the look from his eyes, his threats, He is not playing the tough guy, he really is one . And also he already is someone who has the incipient idea that will bloom in the vision of eliberating the slave. The intelligence and openess that will make he able to reign a kingdom, 

I find him being able, just as he is now, to became the king that would be " known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear within the political realm at the time. " .  In my opinion, he really is portrayied as a man able to induce fear, to dominate the ones around him and to cruely kill his rivals!!! but he is not a bornkiller or a psychopath!!! he is someone who has enough aggresion, violence and will in him to be able to kill when he will consider that he is protecting something of value (and being a king - the kingdom will be the most important one!).

Being a tyran doesnt meen that that person cannot have a kind and vulnerable part, known only to his close ones. OR that he cannot be loved ... like HS said : Maybe you will not be forgiven, But I can relate to your pain. ... This will be the greatness of HS - that she will accept and love someone like him, despite his cruel part, but also the tragedy  cause most probably , he cannot be changed by her and she will not be able to live near him for too long, just because of it. 

Also till know all his major decision were not influenced by HS: the decision to let the Kang clan and came to the royal court, the decision to make his place in this court, the desire to see what is meant to be a king (which, like the general , I  interpret like  sign of him wanting, uncounsciosly to be the king). the decision to support the Prince Crown, the decision to do the rain ritual again - he is very independent in his decision and his ideas , he is not relying on HS to have them, 

But the most important cue that he is Gwangjong is from ep 9 - the expresion from HS vision is also for a second on WS's face when he turns around. HS wasnt making a mistake - she really is seeing him, only that she is not able to interpret corectly what she is seeing and is too shoked by her discovery. 

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Moon Lovers - 6.2%  (-0.7)

Credit:: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000652247

they deserve better ...great story and actors...

oh my god, how come the rating is so low??? for me, i totally prefer moon lover rather than love in moonlight. Can anyone give me an insight why the korean people despise this drama so much?

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, junee22 said:

@churasan I think there must be a connection with Woo Hee dance..I saw in the long preview where she dances with killer eyes..holding a knife in her hands.. I couldn't see her target though..

Just sharing my thoughts here chingu...I couldn't seem accept any other Kdramas right now..when I try to watch I always find it somehow shallow..what has this drama done to me....:sweatingbullets:

Thanks for the clarification.  I just thought of it... maybe she was given a better background story at one point, but with all these weird editing and versions going around, maybe parts of her storyline ended up on the editing room floor!  :P

I know how you feel about being really hooked one one drama... every other drama I watch these days, I seem to compare with Scarlet Heart Ryeo.  But, I've always been a Goryeo or time travel storyline fan.  About a couple of years ago around this time,  all I could think about was "Faith" (or the "The Great Doctor").  So, I knew right away I would be addicted to this one.

• Like 18

8 hours ago, hallyus said:

Yes I meant the SBS version one! I think it will be my favorite. So far I love the Epik High ft. Lee Hi the most, and I also love the intro of IOI's OST when they play it at this scene

The song makes me feels like I'm staring deeply to Wang So's soul... that eyes... (If I were Hae Soo, my legs would be numb for sure! :D )

SAME HERE!! I actually liked both new songs! I totally agree with you in the scene where our OTP first meet! Haha yes its as if we are staring right into Wang So's soul! The song made it so epic, you just knew they had a connection immediately.. Or maybe its just me haha my leg would do the same too :rolleyes:

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, qwenli said:

You are an angel. I need to commend you. I am glad, someone like the show as it is. :)

@shinaabby yes, since ep 7, I think MLSHR has done a great job differentiating themselves from BBJX.

I am concurrently trying to rewatch some of BBJX too and I notice some minor points in BBJX were picked out by MLSHR to dramatize. Like how they pick out the part where the 8th's wife has a crush on the 8th and hence insist on marrying him. This was merely mentioned over a conversation. But in MLSHR, they took that part and created Lady Hae from that basis.

---------------------

I need someone to help me on Jimong. What I understand is, he went to the future when he was 4 or 5? Then he came back to his current life talking like an adult? Is that right? Its not that he is from future right? Actually I think that should show HS that there is a way back, but she never even asked him that. hmmm. 

About Jimong, Im a little confused too. But I think he was being tricky with Hae Soo. He is from the future like Hae Soo but instead, he was put in the body of a child. Thats why he said his mother told him he was wise for his age. He died once and came back to life, just like how Soo did.

Edit: also, I want to add that he knew what the 21st century was like. Remember the airplanes? He also mentioned about skyscrapers. he carried all that knowledge in a childs mind.thinking again, you might be right as well and I could be wrong...

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Moon Lovers - 6.2%  (-0.7)

Credit:: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000652247

they deserve better ...great story and actors...

since one of the opponent are already end normally the rating will increase, but since i think this drama will be more and more darker i don't think will rise so high. 

• Like 11

anyone ever question why HS will look sad even when she in love with WS???

its because of the of all the thing that she knew and caused.. what she want is to prevent the bad thing but it will lead to something more tragic and she will have to endured the guilt feeling by herself.. when with WS she dying to told him all the thing that she knew and the fact she from future but i think its just going to make matter worse..

remember when HS with WW she did't care whether she is GHJ or HS but with WS she want to be herself.. no secret and just love him as it is but she can't.. 

its not because of she did't love him but because all the burden that she hold because of loving him is eaten her alive... its why Ruoxi died too so please writer nim don't make my OTP life miserable and tragic cause they been through enough......

for whatever reason i think WS will be ruthless (he capable to do this) when its comes to protect his person... even in BBJX for Ruoxi sake 4th even punish the one that do wrong to Ruoxi even if they are the person that Ruoxi loves.. and to say 4th in cdrama is more calmer then WS said a lot.. i don't see how WS can get to the point marrying YH cause at this rate he wiling to die for HS.. i think its something that he must do in order to protect her...

HS is the first person that he care and then Baek Ah.. these two is the solid and only reason for him to pursue the throne and protect his person.. so yes i do think WS capable of being ruthless and cruel but he not going to be like that for fun.. WS will have his own reason why and WS is a good person no matter what just like HS said...

• Like 20

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu , I feel the same way. Wang So had my heart the moment he walked bathing area and bumped into Hae Soo. My favorite scene between my OTP SoSoo couple. 

Wang So is going to be forever in our heart, no matter what happen in the future of drama land kekekekeke

• Like 24

28 minutes ago, qwenli said:

You are an angel. I need to commend you. I am glad, someone like the show as it is. :)

@shinaabby yes, since ep 7, I think MLSHR has done a great job differentiating themselves from BBJX.

I am concurrently trying to rewatch some of BBJX too and I notice some minor points in BBJX were picked out by MLSHR to dramatize. Like how they pick out the part where the 8th's wife has a crush on the 8th and hence insist on marrying him. This was merely mentioned over a conversation. But in MLSHR, they took that part and created Lady Hae from that basis.

@luci13 actually there are many historicals on primetime korean tv that are very long. Empress ki and Six Flying dragons were 50 eps. Then there were Chuno and Shine or Go Crazy, to name a few that I remembered.

---------------------

I need someone to help me on Jimong. What I understand is, he went to the future when he was 4 or 5? Then he came back to his current life talking like an adult? Is that right? Its not that he is from future right? Actually I think that should show HS that there is a way back, but she never even asked him that. hmmm. 

You know... I kinda gave up on understanding Jimong.  To me, he's like that weird cat in "Alice in Wonderland" where you can never get straight answers from....  (even to this day, I still don't understand that cat either!) :blink: But, in today's episode when he said he went to the future when he was 4 or 5, it reminded me of a similar plot device in the Kdrama "Dr. Jin" where one of the female characters was a little girl and injured herself.  From that injury, she was sent to the future when Dr. Jin was a doctor.  He treated that little girl and somehow she was transported back to her own time.  Then when Dr. Jin was transported back in time, that little girl was grown up and recognized him as someone from the future because she had been there herself briefly.

So I'm wondering if there is a similar storyline here, where maybe Jimong was transported to the future and somehow met the real Go Ha Jin (Haesoo) when he was young - before their original meeting in episode 1.  And some how that's why she got transported back in time...?

• Like 18

so many thoughts... sorry if these have already been mentioned. i make it a point to avoid this thread until after i've seen the episodes. and, due to the time difference and my work schedule, means i usually chime in long after it's aired! :sweatingbullets:

these are thoughts based on the international version of ep 9. i haven't had a chance to check what the differences the SBS version has yet.

haesoo has set the prince battle in motion, for better or worse. (actually, i'm quite excited for this. i love palace schemes! :D)  8th prince seems to be throwing in his chips.  princess yeonhwa is intriguing though.  i know she hates the evil queen, but the preview shows them meeting and her saying that she basically wants to be a kingmaker.  i guess she's tired of waiting around for 8th to make up his mind.

3rd prince Wang Yo - a man who seems to be all bark and very little bite. awful case of self-entitlement (probably due to evil queen coddling him and putting ideas in his head when young), doesn't seem very well-equipped to be a good and smart ruler.  no wonder his stint as king won't last very long.

4th prince Wang So said THE CLASSIC BBJX LINE to haesoo!!!!!!!! i will have to paraphrase, but it was something along the lines of you belong to me, you are not allowed to die without my permission. cries buckets! despite the circumstances, it made my heart jump in happiness, but it pretty much confirms to me that their love will be similar to the original version...  :(  i'm holding out hope for a reincarnation semi-happy ending though.  if i recall correctly, the text in wang so's official (?) bio says he wants to be haesoo's lover even in the next life.  that to me is very important.  also recall that the general briefly touched on reincarnation when he chatted with wang so about murdering the monks: that wang so would probably have to pay for that crime over his next lives.  so i guess the reincarnation of wang so won't be able to meet the reincarnation of haesoo until go hajin's generation.  if that makes sense... pardon my random thoughts lol!

also A++++++ gold star sticker for him for standing up for himself and sassing back to his mom.  so proud of him there.  i was worried that the queen had poisoned his food for a moment.   go figure she would try to use him again.  i'm glad 14th prince is starting to see the light.  honestly i'm surprised 3rd prince and queen had the balls to suggest CP's murder in front of 14th.  i would think they would try to hide that stuff from him.  i'm also surprised they basically admitted to organizing other attempts (if i recall correctly... i'll have to watch this ep again).

the kiss scene - i will have to read everyone's thoughts on this when i have enough time to page back. i have to admit it made me uncomfortable. yes, i realize it was done by a desperate man who was mentally kicked and beaten by his mother yet again, who did not want to lose the only person he learned to completely trust.  and haesoo, who has been scared out of her wits due to her premonition, basically just... gives in during the 2nd kiss??? what was that about lol. kind of tropey imo, but perhaps ep 10 will better explain it.

i've seen the clip of 4th's explicit confession to haesoo in the SBS version of ep 8. but if you're someone strictly coming from watching only the international version...the back hug he gives her - before she freaks out and he kisses her - seems to be very forward of him, for lack of a better term.  

regarding the premonition of 10th and his wife, the general's daughter - it seems strange that 4th would target them, as 10th seems to harbor zero desire for the throne. you would think he would want the general on his side as well.

other random thoughts: haesoo has again said that she won't change first, alluding to her story about her ex-bf and friend cheating on her at the beginning of ep 1.  this will come back to bite her again when she falls in love with 4th... aishhh the delicious angst.

anyway, that's all from me for now.  thanks for reading if you've come this far. ^^;

• Like 20

my guess on HS premonition: the real meaning is not only of his cruelty, but of how miserable he will be!!! she is seing his future self, which is also the ruthless one, but also she sees him in pain: the pain of his father dying, the one when he will stand all alone on the same place where he was in ep 9, having everything but being alone , the one of having to put an end to his brother's life .... if he is her fated one, she cannot see only just his future, but mostly when he will lonely and miserable; I think this could be one of her premonition meanings

• Like 14