[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Since I find Hae Soo's psychotic visions depressing, I'm going to focus on the progression of the OTP....which hasn't exactly happened yet. I feel that the context in the previews has been misleading, certain scenes were perceived as the progression of Hae Soo and Wang So, like WS stopping HS from being whipped, them strolling through the palace etc. And while it was progression, it wasn't progression in their romantic relationship. I feel that the true progression of their relationship hasn't been shown, and the show is still hiding its ace card.

Horseback ride/Wang So coughing up blood- As shown in the next episode preview, Hae Soo still is sort of closed off when she is with Wang So horseback riding. Wang So's life in danger possibly causes her to reflect on the person he is, hence the beginning of a turning point or at least doubt in her judgement that he is evil. Possible change with WW.

Miss you-Wang So is shown wearing his mask again, and it's hard to read Hae Soo's expression, but she doesn't look particularly relieved or happy? How long have they not seen each other?

Peck on Lips--Wang So surprises her with a peck on the lips, she is surprised, but doesn't seem reproachful. She gives him a look that seems pensive, possibly feelings wavering towards him or perhaps already established. 

Boat ride--Hae Soo is shown taking a boat ride with Wang So wearing the hair pin given to her by him as pointed out by @briseis. She seems content to be with him.

Masks--Hae Soo and Wang So are shown close together with festival masks. Once again, she seems content to be with him.

So, for me the boat ride and masks scene are the most evident in the progression of their love, but like I said before anything can be misleading.

• Like 24
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

For me, i think the vision that Hae Soo sees are the one that Hae Soo sees and happens way back in 1000 years ago during the goryeo era. What I mean is, go ha jin is the reincarnation of hae soo in the 21st century. therefore, what she sees right now is what she had seen 1000 years ago as hae soo, so that might explain on how she get all that vision. Go ha jin is transferred back to the past to change the history on that king gwnagjong never kills his siblings. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, liddi said:

The edited SBS version subs for Ep9 are now complete, with much gratitude and thanks to @ruizaio's wonderful fan translations for the missing scenes! Please PM me if interested.

And I knew I should have held the rain ritual, seeing how the two versions continue to diverge... gah. As such, here are some of the differences I noted in between them:

Additional scenes in SBS version:
1. Soo's internal monologue when Eun refused the marriage
2. Soo giving So a makeup session before attending Eun's wedding
3. Eun's talk with Seon Deok after the wedding and her sleeping on the floor

Additional scenes in International version:
1. Jung's dialogue with Eun after being defeated by Seon Deok, which Eun was disgusted over
2. Soo-Eun scene before the wedding, when he speaks of himself as lacking compared to his brothers, and said "I knew from the beginning, you would never be mine." Poignant scene, well executed by Baekhyun.
3. Extra kiss :P

This time round, I feel that the editing and background music from the insidious family dinner leading to the kiss (or kisses) is far better executed in the International version. I love that they interspaced Wook's ruminations of Soo's warnings between the dinner scene and So's return home amid menacing music, heralding what Soo has inadvertently set in motion what she has been trying so hard to avoid - pitting Wook against So and setting him up for failure.

I am glad Soo's internal monologue is added back into the SBS version, which should reinforce the clash between her modern sensibilities and the confines within which everyone's lives revolve in Goryeo. It being reminiscent of the Cversion, when Ruoxi realises that even a prince's life is not his own, but at the whim of the emperor. 

Dear @liddi , could you please pm me the link for sbs version sub ep 8 & 9? Thank u very much for u and all the subber/translators :wub:

I don't know about u guys but watching these recent ep makes me drained emotionally and physically LOL. In the end I put my other dramas on hold. 

U guys rocking this thread. I'm having a hard time to catch up. Not that I'm complaining ;) Keep them coming, guys

Hugs, eclipses \^o^/

• Like 11

i think its interesting if you see HS conversation with Eun on why she can't be a second wife...

'I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THAT'

'I CAN'T SHARE MY HUSBAND WITH SEVERAL WOMEN'

'I DON'T WANT TO GROW OLD WAITING FOR HIM TO COME TO ME'

its what HS hold to whoever became her husband.. but WS will get married to YH and to say how much HS loved WS to break all the thing that she believe and hold to be with the guy that she love.. WS can't take HS as his wife because of scar so basically they just lover even if WS will only loved her to death...

its just sad seeing both of them will suffer because of power,greed and political thing that stand between them as a lover.. 

• Like 22

Wow.... before I start back reading which I think would be at least 100 pages worth.... (its going to be a long night of more lurking but enjoyable reading... :lol:)

I just got to say, Jimong  enjoyed "PLAYING GOD" on episode 8 ( haven't seen 9th episode just yet) especially when it rained and he has this sinister laugh/smirk triumphantly pasted on his face... It gave me an eerie feeling that Jimong is somehow trying  to "change"   or has already changed something..... that did not happen before (from the original time where he came from)

Here's just what I thought, :phew:

I believe that Jimong rigged the "rain presider drawing" because he already knows who the king is going to pick among the princes' names in the jar. (it was never Wangso to begin with I think) I guess we''ll never know which prince was chosen before then. And this alone made me suspect that Jimong REALLY wanted to change the future of Goryeo.

Who knows, He (Jimong) probably didn't like how Prince Yo reigned over the kingdom, so he's "pushing"  for Wangso this early so Goryeo would skip him being king LOL. Besides, he's probably already is thinking that Crown Prince Moo won't be king for very long due to his illnesses and countless assassination attempts on his life and I bet he already knows something is going to happen to Prince Moo while being ambushed by Queen Yoo/Prince Yo's hired men. But kidding aside, if that was really Jimong's intention, (no throne time for a  power hungry Prince Yo) by rigging the draw, Jimong made sure Wangso will have his chance to be King (earlier)

I am inclined to assume that whoever was ,"originally picked" to be the "chosen" one  to bring in the rain, had or somehow been "sabotaged" by whatever plan by the evil queen (and Prince Yo) so that Yo would end up sitting in the palanquin instead of the "chosen one" (I remember the princes' gathered with Jimong somewhere in the palace to get their signed name plates (or was it  sticks lol) for the drawing, someone implied or of the same context, that whoever brought rain at a drought they were experiencing would become or will have a better chance to be king ) So the Queen and Yo thought it would be the perfect time to outshine the "suspiciously sick"" Crown Prince and possibly snatch up the throne.

In my opinion, due to the importance of vanity for royals at the time, Jimong anticipated the humiliating stone throwing at Wang So during his first attempt at the rain ritual., and He thought it would strengthen him  as a person, prince and future king but what Jimong did not expect is that Wang So would get a "Scar Makeover" by Haesoo, thus the "surprised but happy look on his face. And then there's this disgruntled/infuriated look on Prince Yo's face for their perfectly twarted plan! :phew:

The heavens and the groveling people at Wang So's feet did agree with Jimong  101% by sending in the rain even before Wangso could start "kneeling and praying altogether! :D

What I'm really worried about now is  Haesoo's pemonition... she promised that she will never change for Wang  So... but after seeing her premonition Haesoo will definitely avoid Wangso, while Wang So is her ticket out of the palace!

AND I WAS HOPING TOO that they will get all lovey dovey after she is free :(...

I guess not.

Thank you for listening :D

xxx strawberrysnuggles xxx

• Like 16

Wow this thread moves so fast!  I love all the reaction this drama is getting!

I am a Soo/So shipper, but I'm in the minority that I'm glad they didn't get together yet.  For me, the best part of the drama is always the CHASE because it is much more intense and exciting.  :w00t:  Right now I love how both So and Wook are getting desperate for HS - it's like a race against time.  So is eager to capture her heart, while Wook is eager to hold onto it.  I'm anxiously awaiting what actions both men will take next!  It makes me look forward to each episode.  For me, a good love story isn't always a couple getting together in the end, but what moves me emotionally the most - which could be a sad ending.  :tears:

As for Su's premonitions... I LOVE this plot device they are using!  It adds a layer of mystery to the storyline and has us questioning the credibility of Su's visions because we all see how So really is deep down.  :huh:  I am very curious to see how HS will overcome these visions.  Also, it really helps emphasize why Su is becoming hysterical.  If I started seeing stuff like that, I would question my sanity as well.

I really don't have much to complain about this drama - even the weird editing, extreme close ups, etc... - I can get over it.  But, my only complaint right now is the side story between the 13th Prince and Woo Hee Princess.  For me, I feel like her storyline is really disconnected from everything else...  at least in the original, there was some connection to the 13th Prince and his love interest with Ruoxi.  But, here I felt if anything should have been edited, it should have been her dance scene.  It seemed much longer than it needed to be - especially for a character that literally has been given no background story.  I've never been a fan of side stories in any drama... but it's even worse when it isn't even related with anything else going on.  :(

Anyways... to sum up... I pretty much love this drama and nothing the storyline could do now would make me drop it!  :wub:

• Like 23

@qwenli I have exactly the same question with you..I've watched the int.ver also..and I'm wondering why in the end HS gave up struggling..she closed her eyes and looks so sad..no more fears..just sadness..or anything else?is the kiss triggers another feelings in her heart?or what?So curious..

And WS is the type of man who won't gave up just like that..he is surely going to pursue HS to the end..until she trust him again..until HS gave her heart..he didn't even give up on his mother's love..well,he does now after that dinner thing. I'm really excited for next eps..I already know this one is going to be a melodrama..and I'm preparing myself to cry..again..gosh,I'm such a cry baby :tears:

• Like 12
1 hour ago, shinaabby said:

I really loved the OSTs for ep 9 too. But Im not sure whether you mean the sbs edit or the international edit. Both had different songs played during that scene, I realized.

1 hour ago, junee22 said:

yups..definitely the new song..and when HS feel scared at her room (who sing the ost?so sweet..not released yet right?) at SBS version

@shinaabby I edit my post..forgot to point the SBS..aarrggghh..Monday please come sooner!!

Yes I meant the SBS version one! I think it will be my favorite. So far I love the Epik High ft. Lee Hi the most, and I also love the intro of IOI's OST when they play it at this scene

The song makes me feels like I'm staring deeply to Wang So's soul... that eyes... (If I were Hae Soo, my legs would be numb for sure! :D )

• Like 9
21 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/150706806569/beware-for-this-post-is-dark-and-full-of

This is about ep 10, so if you dont want any spoilers dont read this

but i am looking forward to ep 10 and the advancement of WS-HS relationship.

Spoiler

This reminds me of the time in BBJX when 4th prince saved RuoXi from the arrow. Ruo Xi also mentioned In her last letter to 4th before she dies, that she fell in love with him when he casually told her he wanted the throne and when he saved her from an arrow.

Edit: she also mentioned another few things that made her fall for him. I looked around again and RX also said that the moment he took an arrow for her, she knew she could never forget him.

This also reminds me when 4th saved her from marrying CP, but I think MLSHR already added this when So stood up to stop King Taejo from marrying Soo.

Perhaps the "poison scene" will be a equivalent to the arrow scene, where our girl Soo starts to really see how much he cares for her. She see's that he's truly sincere and truly in love with her that he's willing to put her first before anything.

Out of nowhere but: Soo also mentioned to Eun that she doesnt want to live a life where she has to share her husband, while waiting for him to visit her. Although we know that So will most likely marry YH for political reasons, So has given his heart to ONLY Soo. Idk if Soo will accept that... I understand if she doesn't. If that happens my heart would cry out for Soo. So would probably suffer from this marriage as well and ugh it will kill all of us slowly.

Unless it is like in BBJX where 4th doesn't marry RuoXi so that he can spend more time with her alone and not have to flip her stick to take turns spending nights with her and the other concubines. Therefore Soo might stay in her current position where she can freely move and spend time with So.

Edit: Sorry guys, but Im doing comparisons between BBJX and MLSHR... I like that MLSHR is different and I honestly think MLSHR is better than the c-ver. Just my opinion tho.

This drama is making me crazy... Sigh... I also feel like I should rewatch the whole series because Im too excited to "digest" all of this together.... Idk how to explain it, im horrible at explaing haha.

Edited by shinaabby
  • Like 17

the song fate from The King and Clown is totally our OTP main song.. 

Promise me that when this moment's over and we meet again
That we can put everything in the past and stand by each other

This is what we call fate, it's something we can't deny
Will I ever experience another day as glorious as today?

You're a gift upon this exhausting path of life (WS to HS)
I'll continuously wash and shine our love so it won't rust away
Our meeting was short like a drunken affair, but it was real

Even though this cannot last, I won't resent it because nothing is forever (HS to WS)

There's so much i want to say, but you probably already know
When we meet again some time in the future
Please don't let go again
The love we couldn't have in this life
The fate we couldn't live in this life

Please don't let go of me

the love that they can't get in this era and in this life , the fate that will take HS away from WS....
just please give my OTP a happy ending no matter what..
  • Like 12

@churasan I think there must be a connection with Woo Hee dance..I saw in the long preview where she dances with killer eyes..holding a knife in her hands.. I couldn't see her target though..

Just sharing my thoughts here chingu...I couldn't seem accept any other Kdramas right now..when I try to watch I always find it somehow shallow..what has this drama done to me....:sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, violet90 said:

the song fate from The King and Clown is totally our OTP main song.. 

Promise me that when this moment's over and we meet again
That we can put everything in the past and stand by each other

You're a gift upon this exhausting path of life (WS to HS)
I'll continuously wash and shine our love so it won't rust away
Our meeting was short like a drunken affair, but it was real

Even though this cannot last, I won't resent it because nothing is forever (HS to WS)

There's so much i want to say, but you probably already know
Please don't let go again
The love we couldn't have in this life
The fate we couldn't live in this life

Please don't let go of me

the love that they can't get in this era and in this life , the fate that will take HS away from WS....
just please give my OTP a happy ending no matter what..

This just brings my desire to make an MV with this song... I think someone already has... But should I do it anyways? :huh: Hmm

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, churasan said:

I am a Soo/So shipper, but I'm in the minority that I'm glad they didn't get together yet.  For me, the best part of the drama is always the CHASE because it is much more intense and exciting.  :w00t:  Right now I love how both So and Wook are getting desperate for HS - it's like a race against time.  S

As for Su's premonitions... I LOVE this plot device they are using!  It adds a layer of mystery to the storyline and has us questioning the credibility of Su's visions because we all see how So really is deep down.  :huh:  I am very curious to see how HS will overcome these visions.  Also, it really helps emphasize why Su is becoming hysterical.  If I started seeing stuff like that, I would question my sanity as well.

I really don't have much to complain about this drama - even the weird editing, extreme close ups, etc... - I can get over it.  But, my only complaint right now is the side story between the 13th Prince and Woo Hee Princess.  For me, I feel like her storyline is really disconnected from everything else...  at least in the original, there was some connection to the 13th Prince and his love interest with Ruoxi.  But, here I felt if anything should have been edited, it should have been her dance scene.  It seemed much longer than it needed to be - especially for a character that literally has been given no background story.  I've never been a fan of side stories in any drama... but it's even worse when it isn't even related with anything else going on.  :(

Anyways... to sum up... I pretty much love this drama and nothing the storyline could do now would make me drop it!  :wub:

You are an angel. I need to commend you. I am glad, someone like the show as it is. :)

@shinaabby yes, since ep 7, I think MLSHR has done a great job differentiating themselves from BBJX.

I am concurrently trying to rewatch some of BBJX too and I notice some minor points in BBJX were picked out by MLSHR to dramatize. Like how they pick out the part where the 8th's wife has a crush on the 8th and hence insist on marrying him. This was merely mentioned over a conversation. But in MLSHR, they took that part and created Lady Hae from that basis.

@luci13 actually there are many historicals on primetime korean tv that are very long. Empress ki and Six Flying dragons were 50 eps. Then there were Chuno and Shine or Go Crazy, to name a few that I remembered.

@valentvcd Yes I also noticed that her mouth open slightly. That's why its very interesting, it look abit of a mutual kiss to me.

---------------------

I need someone to help me on Jimong. What I understand is, he went to the future when he was 4 or 5? Then he came back to his current life talking like an adult? Is that right? Its not that he is from future right? Actually I think that should show HS that there is a way back, but she never even asked him that. hmmm. 

• Like 13
1 minute ago, shinaabby said:

This just brings my desire to make an MV with this song... I think someone already has... But should I do it anyways? :huh: Hmm

yeah but the scene is from earlier eps where its still happy and funny scene... i think this one should be when they in love and should show their angst more...

• Like 5
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner