[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

7 minutes ago, lilac_alex said:

The kiss feels like a desperate attempt in WS part to express to HS his feelings and in turn maybe convince her to remain by his side (be his person). 

Hmmm.. True. 

Have you seen the SK vers preview? I guess I get my fave scene and Wook's changes (again. Be bad. Be bad, my Wook) next week. I can't hardly wait hahaha..

• Like 8

IAM COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED

Both versions are completely different(Chinese and Korean), but I feel it is taking to long to fall in love so with wang So ... these visions are driving me crazy and really dont know how it will end.

And as a bonus to my frustration they do two versions (international and Chinese) Why? They leave many loose ends.

I thought knew how it would end, but now my mind is in blank...

It seems that the main couple is Wook and So(Now I understand why Jonggi said to be jealous of the romance between IU and Haneul), each day So is more afraid of Wang So, I DONT WANT THAT! TT

I can not wait for next Monday, I'm filled with doubts and anxieties TT

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I understand that this is a new drama format (perhaps by investment from Universal Studios) but is costing me understand what is happening here.

Maybe I got used to easy romances stories as in other dramas?

TTTTT

• Like 11

Omo omo..I'm sorry girls..but I'm smiling..I apologize for that..but look at what this drama has done to us..to bring out mixed emotions from many of my friends here...I'd like to tell you though..I'll still have faith to this drama..until I see it for myself that HS won't fall for WS,I'll still trust the writer. Not because of my favoritism to one of the actors,but because I could see the potential of this drama. Maybe it was purposely made like this..HS freaks out,WS hurted by her..I'm sure there'll be the explanation for that in the next ep..we couldn't say anything until we see it ourselves. Like I said before..this drama is purposely made to be unpredictable. What's the fun in it if you could always predict what will happen next?after all this almost 15yrs watching Kdramas..there's a feeling of boredom inside me..I still want to watch Kdramas..but I becoming more and more picky..the only drama that I watch til its ending this year is DOTS..and even though I'm enjoying Squad 38 (again..the different of the story line) I couldn't finish it..I don't know why..

And then there's this drama..I learned about MLSHR a year ago..and it actually only accidentally. From there onwards I always waiting,searching,browsing..and finally my long awaited has end when the drama aired..and it's absolutely didn't disappoint me..I love the plot,love the story line,love the actors,and after joined with Soompi and this thread I'm more drawn to the show. Of course the show's not perfect..its made by human,right? Anything made by human never perfect,there were flaws here and there..but I still believe to the show.

Someone mentioned maybe the writer is WW/KHNs fan. I don't think so..it is meant to be that way..because this show is an adaptation/remake..and in the original novel/drama it was shown like that. If we want to say the writer is WW fans..I'd say she/he is LJG fan..why?look at the character he played..so multidimensional,so many to explore,so detailed in description,and LJG is very amazing on his portrayal of WS. But then again..I truly believe this drama was not based on writer/director favoritism. I got all this enlightment from our friends here in this thread..so if you really interested in the drama,please have faith..but if you don't, then at least please try to appreciate all the efforts of the prod team has made for this drama.

Now I'm sure that I've totally falling in love with the drama and not because of the actors...though I became one of the actors fan (we all know who..hahaha lol). So please dear chingu..have faith,and to keep our sanity until next week just stick to this forum thread...:D Love you all fellow eclipses..sorry for the long post. MLSHR fighting!!

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, fidda868 said:

They kissed twice?? I dont think so..and why the kiss scene for international version are different from SBS version? 

Since ep 3, every ep has some difference between the sbs and international version. so far until to night the korean version was the more interesting one.

but tonight, tonight! the international kiss is so much longer. it shows hs's pushing him away once, then So goes in for a second time and hs thumping him to reject him but later stop struggling. at that point, So stop, and look at hs. 

-----------------

the c version kiss came much earlier so it was justifiable that ruoxi pushed the 4th away, it happened too early. but this one at ep 9, timing wise was ok, yes So doesnt know how to express love, so all he could say was You belong to Me, You are Mine. Thats all he knows how to say. And then when HS said I am not yours, he just had to go in for intimacy. To him, they were already in a relationship. 

--------------------

on a side note, i wonder how long and how many angles they took to film the scene. heehee.

-----------------

I am disappointed with the funny premonitions, but it reminds me that the C-version was a tragedy. it started out funny then the tone turns heavy. Ruoxi was depressed at the later part most of the time. 

Here k version, is doing the same thing, they brought in all the handsome prince to lure us thinking this is a rom com. but its not. This is a melodrama,  I am about 90% prepared that the ending will be a tragedy altho I hope the k writer can do miracles.

• Like 22

14 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

i was happy seeing the second last WS backlashing his mommy and could not watch the last scene so was happy but after coming here knowing what exactly happened my feelings are beyond than just angry....

how writer will turn HS (in love with WW) fall in love with WS (whom she is considering a killer, ruthless, heartless, emotionless king)

I am not at all angry with HS as character i can understand her dilemma  she wants to stay from WS (the king) but writer and PD just messed up the story a big time...how they are going to stop WW-HS ship  .. i have no idea...

Just saying her fear was understandable but its like watching the fear of typocal female lead in kdrama. 

Dont play with the forces love story between So and Soo. It's gotta be not working with my mind 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, fairyalice said:

Even more of a shame to have this kind of follow up after an increase in the ratings too. I hope this episode does not discourage anyone and the preview will keep them interested to see if HS' meltdown will only last one episode.

That's my concern too though I have toss away all interest on the domestic ratings for quite sometimes now. Last night's episode was so explosively good that sent viewers into overdrive with positive comment and I am not trying to belittle the rest of the casts but it is Lee Jun Ki who delivered the standout performance. The last 10 minutes scene from episode 8 where LJK taking center stage is the one that set the trending and scoring the highest ratings. That is why I have so much flacks over why they cut down his screen time? I read comments from most blogs, notably Dramabeans and all praises go to LJK, he is the one carrying this drama. Give him more screentime and I am sure the ratings will surge. I am just feeling so sad, thinking that the interest could pick up from last episode and yet the drama fell flat in this one. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, liddi said:

@ruzikie @berny In BBJX, Ruoxi always knew from history that 4th Prince will ascend to the throne, so there was no shocked revelation on her part from the start. Instead, she took great pains, first to avoid him, then to find out his likes and dislikes so that she would never run the risk of incurring his wrath. She never had visions of the future - and what she did, she did so out of the foreknowledge of what would happen down the road, even if some of her historical knowledge were suspect e.g. she listed names associated with 4th Prince to 8th Prince to warn him, only to realise that nobody have ever heard of them and that these people were merely fictitious characters from a C-Drama she watched about King Yongzheng :P  

Ultimately though, like Soo, her love for 8th Prince and affection for the rest of the princes meant that she tried to change history by forewarning 8th Prince about 4th Prince, even before both brothers had any reasons for attacking each other, not realising this would be the catalyst that started then bloodshed, with 8th Prince being the first to move against 4th Prince. And in the end it was the knowledge that she was the cause, that utterly broke her in body and spirit.

BBJX did not have a happy outcome, both in the novel and the Cdrama. So, I am mentally preparing myself that this will be the case here as well, though with any adaptation, I am open to an alternate conclusion, as long as it is believable.

So instead of resolving it....Ruoxi actually was made to cause it...made it happen?  oh ...that is a cruel role to have.

• Like 7

I actually like episode 9.:flushed: Besides the fact that the story got more and moreeee dark and unpredictable. (Well, I dislike Soo yelling to So that he's the one who will ruin everything, but as a matter of fact she's really afraid and can't think clearly)

I hope the relationship between So and Soo develop slowly but strong :) . I've watched many dramas and usually the main couple already have same feeling and share a kiss in episode 8/9/10. So it's really refreshing to see Soo rejected So first. The relationship between them will happen eventually.

btw, my favorite in the 9th episode is 14th prince Wang Jung when he bravely escape his family dinner and say to the queen "If you're gonna make each of us enemies then why you even give birth to us?!" you rock wang jung!!!

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

(again. Be bad. Be bad, my Wook)

you can see the vibes and aura of baddie wookie during the rain when he talked to YH....

2 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Just saying her fear was understandable but its like watching the fear of typocal female lead in kdrama. 

Dont play with the forces love story between So and Soo. It's gotta be not working with my mind 

exactly and that where writer spoiled the Unique HS that we loved in this drama so far...

• Like 5

I dont know if I am the only one here but I feel like doing a W-thing (enter the Scarlet Heart drama world) and strangling HaeSoo to make her come to senses. Seriously. She acted like poor WangSo actually committed those premonitions in front of her. She didnt even give that dude a chance. I get that she was afraid and fearful of him but hey, arent you guys friends? Someone that you have seen in his ups and downs. She could have more faith and trust in this guy that would whisk her off regardless of the King's order during the whole marry the king fiasco. 

And please stop with the Wook and Soo loveline already! We are almost halfway through and HaeSoo and WangSo loveline is barely going anywhere except her being so frightened of him. Argh. Sorry, had to voice out my frustration here. 

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, valsava said:

@Ainee Etp  Good Call but it's more of the latter, This is the only part I really hate she finding out HS is his weakness..

I thought she had already sense it.. when WS confronted her after she interrogated HS about CP. 

I will hate the part when WS forced to marry Yeon Hwa. Yeon Hwa wants to be a mother of a King (queen dowager) so she's going to marry a King. Because she can't make her brother a king because that will make HS a queen, since Wook told his mother that he wants to marry HS. At least I thought that's the case in the preview.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, qwenli said:

now you hit my pet peeve of this ep. 

you guys can chime in when you watch the whole thing. But I am just saying that the whole seohyun character is so badly written.

last ep when she enters, she exit because her ministers called her.

this ep, she was also called away by the same two ministers. Man, I know being a writer is not easy, but please dun write a token character for the sake of writing one. we already dun have time for the otp, 2nd otps etc.....

My livestream was awful (T__T black screen for most of the hour), but I've seen the clip of her scene with Joohyuk, and I already agree with you. It was very jarring that everyone is invested in what's going on with Soo and So, and then all of sudden, the writer takes us out of the palace and into the random forest for a scene between Baek Ah & Woohee that doesn't hold much value in current events. It's very difficult, because even in shows like GOT, people get bored/annoyed with characters who aren't involved with the main events, and it's the same thing that is happening right now with Baek Ah & Woohee. So far, his scenes with her are as if they came out of another drama entirely and all she does is get mad at him, lol. 

Honestly, I think it would've been better if the writer had made their loveline come together once Woohee is in the palace already (if she ever makes it there???). Their scenes just seem so out of place right now. Of course there's such thing as set up, but their interactions are hardly substantial/meaningful tight now, even if you think of it in the context of the development of a romantic relationship. ^^; 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, sukbin said:

That's my concern too though I have toss away all interest on the domestic ratings for quite sometimes now. Last night's episode was so explosively good that sent viewers into overdrive with positive comment and I am not trying to belittle the rest of the casts but it is Lee Jun Ki who delivered the standout performance. The last 10 minutes scene from episode 8 where LJK taking center stage is the one that set the trending and scoring the highest ratings. That is why I have so much flacks over why they cut down his screen time? I read comments from most blogs, notably Dramabeans and all praises go to LJK, he is the one carrying this drama. Give him more screentime and I am sure the ratings will surge. I am just feeling so sad, thinking that the interest could pick up from last episode and yet the drama fell flat in this one. 

am not sure why you guys think the ratings will drop? I have a strange feeling the k audience like these sort of torturing stories.

• Like 10

I am feeling that my SoSoo ship is sinking before starting the journey. :rolleyes: All that friendship for nothing. Ah yes! It has a purpose: make Wang So fall for Hae Soo and be more miserable than he was. :rolleyes: Will be hard for me to believe the love towards Wang So now that the friendship meant nothing. 

• Like 17

That HOT,  HOT Kiss though....  :blink:

Okey admittedly the level of hotness was unexpected ( LJK actually kissed IU full on the mouth ...and they had film two versions of it?...wowz!!!! ha ha )...when some OTPs just kiss like robots...you know just kissing the upper lip or the lower lip and pretend they seem to like it LOL.

But this kiss...was...oh wow... he was quite devouring her lips :P (for sure the boyfie in real life is not gonna watch that scene....no ..no ...no ..no way  ...HAHA)...i'm so bad.

• Like 18

Thank you to all the recappers once again! You guys are awesome!

So the chain effect has begun with Soo forewarning to the 8th. Her warning is the trigger that eventually will change So into becoming the ruthless ruler he is known in history. Clearly at this point, So has no intention for the throne since he is helping the CP. The battle of the throne has just been CP and Yo. For So's part, at this point I think he just want to be with Soo and if she have ask him, he would be more than willing to give up everything for her - as he clearly asked if she want to run away with him (per the preview). He like Soo control their own fate rather than let other control them. And So seem to be one that when love, he would love that person deeply therefore I am sure he would had thrown everything away. But now that Soo has gave the 8th her warning, it has become the trigger in the change and battle between the 8th and the 4th, both for the throne and for love.

It in some way leads to the idea her reasoning of being send back into the past because without Soo in the past, history would never be what it is (in her time) - with Gwangjong being known as ruthless (squashing his political rivals and putting fear in his ruling). She become the catalyst and controller of their fate. Since 8th heeding to her warning will now change him into plotting against 4th and aiming for the throne himself.

I really wish these brothers could just get along. Give me the bromance but sadly cannot be so. Now I have to prepare for betrayal since So, although fearful by many others, once he open his heart - he open his heart. When he trust, he trust. In many way, very much like Soo that they are trusting of people. But for him who had been hurt all his life, betrayal and pain from those he see as family will only change him for the worse. 

Guess I will soon prepare myself for tissue for my bawl-fest caused by So (Lee Joon-ki has my heart)!

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, qwenli said:

am not sure why you guys think the ratings will drop? I have a strange feeling the k audience like these sort of torturing stories.

Debatable but with 9 episodes and no payoff in sight and more emotional torture for Wang So, I am not sure people will tune in for this. Also, that premonition is pretty much a point of no return for Wang So from Hae-Su's point of view and rightfully so. This is a tricky place to write yourself out from. Here's hoping writers know how to do just that.

• Like 8