Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

11 minutes ago, qwenli said:

The ceremony was a ritual to pray for rain because they were going thru a drought.

There was a ballot to choose a Prince to help the king because the king is no longer very fit and the cp is away for awhile.

4th's name tag was drawn from the ballot box although the evil queen thinks it's not a random draw. 

Thank you for this info...now i understand it better. :)

• Like 3

In real history, King Gwangjong (aka 4th Prince Wang So) is known to have gathered tremendous popular support in the early years of his reign (he used it to help keep the clans in check).  I like how the drama showed the beginnings of this popular support -- his "miraculous" removal of his scar (and mask) led to almost instantaneous rain ... within seconds of Prince Wang So's stepping upon the altar, the heavens open up and begin to pour.  He truly becomes the "son of the dragon" to the commoners praying and you can imagine what the commoners will say about how the heavens truly acknowledged this prince.  Commoners might even twist it to say the heavens removed the scar as "proof" that he truly was heaven's choice to perform the rain ritual and to prevent anyone from rejecting him again!!

You can almost see how this will have a ripple effect on nobles and royals -- even Queen Idonthaveaheart may hesitate for just a second on whether people control the heavens or if the heavens truly control people.  4th Prince Wang So and the Queen both believed that "you continue the rain ritual until it rains" (i.e. people control the heavens) but I don't think either would have expected it to rain within moments of his standing on the altar (i.e. heavens control people).  I thought the setup was great.

In the episode 9 preview, Queen Idonthaveaheart says that she wants the Crown Prince killed and we know that 2nd Prince Wang Yo has already sent bandits to delay the Crown Prince's return (the CP was supposed to take over when the 4th Prince quit his 1st rain attempt) ... so I wonder if that is why we have the pictures of the 2nd Prince on his knees surrounded by guards?  Wonder how Queen Idonthaveaheart gets Prince Wang Yo out of being executed?

• Like 16

I just realized that the first time 4th Prince Wang So took Hae Soo to the lake, it was a lake ... but in the boat scene in episode 9, there is very little water ... Hae Soo would have fallen into a muddy puddle.  I wonder how much time Hae Soo has been in the palace -- clearly enough time to have learned to read the books she was assigned the first time she was punished but was it months or years?

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(you can always check our first page for updates, specially on the differences between SBS and International Versions)

1. How many versions do SHR have?  - We have two . One for the international release which includes Dramafever, Youku, and One TV Asia and the second is the SBS version. The SBS version is edited as the episode is airing, while the international version was released prior to broadcast. 

The sold version is pre-edit and sub in different languages so they can't meddle with it becos there is not enough time to redo them and redistribute. There is a cost to subbing, someone has to pay.

Korean version is editing based on weekly viewer feedback.

However, China, for one, requires by LAW for their media authority to vet thru the whole series before broadcast, they will not accept ad-hoc re-edit. (Credit to @qwenli ) 

2. What are the differences of each episode ?  And where can I find them?

SBS Version is recapped by Dramabeans

Differences in ep 6 versions on pg 388 (11th post) 

Differences in ep 7 

Episode 8 - Removing of Mask Scene Clip

3. Where can I rely more on history about Goryeo ? 

Goryeo Background , Summary by @Zelda

Meaning of Names by @gihwayujo

Additional Read: Myth of Yuhwa , The Haes and Hae Soo by @brielover

4. Are there uploaded versions of SBS?  

Licensed streaming link Dramafever uploads the international version. There are no official licensed streaming link for SBS version. Soompi doesn't allow recommendations for unlicensed / backdoor streaming links. Sorry :/

and i just found out today that there are 2 versions *sobs*

• Like 8

chingus,

I m totally confused. I know about the two versions and so far I m watching only the international version in the site with the rights . I watched ep. 8 here and thats the latest released ep.

I watched every scene of it and I saw no kiss but I read few pages ago that WS kissed for a sec HS.

Is it a scene from another version? cause I saw no kiss.

What a moment when WS said : "I m yours" ....Jun Gi is  such a good actor .

• Like 9

OMONA!!!

Just watched episode 8, and i'm soooo excited for eps 9.

And it gave me chills when i saw the last minutes of this episode.

Spoiler

Best scene ever!

Those eyes. oh how i love LJG's eyes. Oh wait, i mean Wang So's eyes. hihihi.... :P

Lee Joon Gi nailed it.

screenshot%20KJD%20Namoo%20Daepyonim.jpg

Taken from Namoo Actors's Daepyonim instagram.

It seems LJG's president agency (daepyonim) is very proud of him.

• Like 14

Baek Ah yah... why didnt u warn HS that So is in love with her. You know Hs and Ww are in love...right? I cant help but feel anxious that WS is unaware of the romance, how will he take it when he found out?

I think WS might has almost died from saving her (from trailer where he has blood from his mouth) that turned her to love him. 

• Like 10

Just a quick pass here coz real life needs me..first, thank you @briseis who put my mind on words..yes, that's what I always wonder of HS behaviour..why she has that prejudices of WS while she said herself that WS is a good person? She should trusts her,right? or is it because she didn't love WS yet? maybe the answers will reveal after more episodes.

@bebebisous33 as always..love your analysis..I think maybe that's what the writer wanted the viewers to think about..how actually HS is connected to river god's daughter..how she always connected to water, then maybe HS/Go Ha Jin really has this supernatural powers (lol) so she could see all those visions about the Kings. I guess this drama really took its theme as a fantasy..and I will remember that. I always wanted to put the logical/rational thinking into this..but now that I see the fantasy inside, I won't be that stubborn to see what's logical again.. :)

Okay..back to piles of reports..see you chingudeul..

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, tamciakpo said:

Baek Ah yah... why didnt u warn HS that So is in love with her. You know Hs and Ww are in love...right? I cant help but feel anxious that WS is unaware of the romance, how will he take it when he found out?

I think WS might has almost died from saving her (from trailer where he has blood from his mouth) that turned her to love him. 

I watched that scene a couple of times, I'm not sure what is happening but it looks more like he was attacked as we see HS running to him from afar. As result HS may be framed or whatever god knows reason since she is being taken away by the guards. My guess this is how she gets beaten while being interrogated and is later demoted to the lowest level as a servant  (due to the pink and worn out uniform we see her wearing later in the trailer).
My guess this will probably take place within four episodes.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

chingus,

I m totally confused. I know about the two versions and so far I m watching only the international version in the site with the rights . I watched ep. 8 here and thats the latest released ep.

I watched every scene of it and I saw no kiss but I read few pages ago that WS kissed for a sec HS.

Is it a scene from another version? cause I saw no kiss.

What a moment when WS said : "I m yours" ....Jun Gi is  such a good actor .

That was in the trailer for the next episode. 

• Like 6

i rewatch the make up scene for how many time already and my conclusion is this....

that scene is a raw and sensual scene.. there is no innocent in it.. its just pure sensual act from HS toward WS.. its more than just a kiss , a talk or holding hand..HS touch the most intimate part of WS in his mind.. with her eyes and hand touching his scarred face and understanding him without a judgement (she did't ask how he get that or anything) that more than WS can take.. HS might not knowing how deep that effect him or how much it will effect her in future but in this scene what HS did changed his life so when WS said 'i belong to you' its mean his heart body and soul belong to HS only..no wonder he can sacrifice himself to her.. 

HS might not understand for now how much WS loved her even to the point doing everything to protect her because she afraid of him cause in her mind he will kill his brother also the people that she love too.. but slowly i think she realize that WS is not a bad person cause she already know this but clouded with her fear and decide to stay and help him.. 

about why HS always look sad when with WS.. WS will became a love of her life someone that she cherish above all people and she have to stand with him knowing what he will do.. knowing how he end up also keeping the biggest secret that she a time travel.. how can you loved someone so much but keep the secret that will destroy everything if its get out.. the burden of that will eat her alive.. 

HS love WS so much but the burden of everything that she knew and can't change will make her miserable even with WS...so yeah the love story between WS and HS is not the one that we go awwww so sweet but a heart wrenching one.. :cry:

• Like 18

So now we all know the way to a man heart is "Drumroll""through -MAKEUP :) as HS got WS s heart through concealer Lady OH got the Kings the same way ;) now why did I not know this magical way earlier lol . The menace in WS s eyes is really chilling . Can quite understand poor HS s trepidation . But boy does he look hawttt even then . Be still my poor heart . Don't know how much more of LJK s beauty I can take . It should be a punishable offense to be so beautiful literal for a man . And yet he does look as manly as ever ...

on another note can some one pls tell me where I can see the SBS version with subs . On myasiantv the subs are half hidden on the screen . So quite uncomfortable to watch like that 

• Like 7

I can't find the full subbed SBS version :tears: Please, can anyone pm the link/sites to me?  Many thanks.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

Firstly, I have to say I am not trying to defend sbs,but I think in the process of making the show, lots of fingers poke into the process.

Yg and universal are major investors and will have a say in how things go too. So my guess is why we gave rap music n english lyrics ost was very much an influence of YG.

As for the other edits. After being engrossed 8n filming for 5 to 6 mths, the production team probably decided on what they prefer to show, not knowing that their preference is different from viewer 's preference.

Hence I would say its not so much the Intl version is bad or incorrect but the re-ediTed k version  is an improved version.

I watch the international version on Dramafever and check out missing scenes on here. I agree, the international version isn't bad or incorrect, (SBS) it just has more depth. There are missing scenes that flesh out the characters, make them more dimensional and puts more heart into the story overall. It's like the international version is wearing a mask, not letting you see its whole face. ^_^ This is why I hope they release the full SBS version to buy once the drama ends.

• Like 14

Ep 8 was so good. I let out an audible gasp when the vision of Wang So transformed into Gwangjong. I've known that he would be Gwangjong since the series began but I was not expecting to see that image at that point. LJK's face is so perfect in both the scene where he's playing Wang So the prince who is finally getting a bit of confidence in himself and in the scene where he is the eyeliner wearing somewhat scary looking Gwangjong, his face is perfect in regular everyday situations too. I'm restraining myself from gushing about Joon Gi's acting being amazing but he is so good and the subtle changes in facial expressions are fabulous.  Oh Sangoong was throwing some good Goreyo era shade at the evil queen and it made me laugh, when she smugly asked if it should have been her tending to the King's knees. 

Usually I would probably spend most of my opinions on the episode lamenting the kiss in the trailer that does not look like a mutual expression of romantic interest but I do have to say that my usual ramblings about that is tempered by me being a little pissed off at Hae Soo for seemingly avoiding/pushing So away. I wouldn't be mad if she just didn't have romantic feelings for him and she told him and that was that but, she's spent what over a year getting to know him and she will be pushing him away for something that he hasn't even done yet,  Eun may have been Soo's first friend in Goreyo but she had friends in 2016 Korea, while So didn't have any friends for most of his life so her pushing him away and it coming right on the heels of him letting her know that he trust her because she is who she is and him making it pretty clear that he is interested in her romantically is gonna sting. Hae Soo's actions after and during the almost kiss scene leads me to believe that she also has some romantic feelings for So, she was breathing so heavily afterwards and her hands were shaking plus she didn't pull away or turn her head away which would have been a clear rejection but she did neither of those things. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship goes from friends to her avoiding him to that hot burning love that was talked. 

Much has been made about So's jealousy but I think that he may have competition in even the jealously/possessiveness department because the look on Wooks face when Soo was talking about So explaining that there is nowhere in Goreyo that she could go that is beyond the king's purview was both jealous and a little contemplative, I was screaming at her to stop because she's putting ideas into his head. Also, the look on his face when Soo joined the rain ceremony and he realized that she was looking for So, hell even the look after he seemingly realized that she was the one who helped So cover his scar were all looks of jealousy. Heavens help Hae Soo because she is going to be the catalyst for the carnage that she was trying to have them avoid. 

MVP of the episode goes to Baek Ah for finding out all of his brothers' favorite tea and snack all so that they could avoid tipping off So that Soo was fishing for information. Also, I'm pretty sure that he's a Soo/So shipper that conspiratorial smile that he was giving her as she was serving tea was great. Co MVP would be Soo or maybe she was Go Ha Jin at that point, she's pretty much illiterate in Goreyo yet she creates BB cream, how awesome was that "maybe she's born with it, maybe Hae Soo cooked it up in her bedroom quarters at Damiwon palace".

• Like 20

Seriously I pity Haesu....She's really gonna have a tough time deciding which man make her heart flutter the most; between the gentle, calm & romantic 8th Prince Wook OR the bold, rugged & dauntless 4th Prince So. Its like choosing which hands you like better :rolleyes: Perhaps I should just ship her with the kind & charming Prince Baek Ah....save my poor heart  from heartbreak. 

Anyway focusing on the storyline of the K-version, my 2 cents is that this far Heasu's heart only flutters for Wook. Earlier she was a bit frightened  of So, then he annoys her, slowly she open up to him but to the point of friendship & comradeship. I bet he gonna shock out of her life when he request to the king to marry her. By then she'll  be confuse & starts seeing him in a different light. 

Honestly I love her being with Wook. However I also love seeing how her heart slowly changing & move towards So. 

To be fair why not just let one guy gets the throne, the other gets the girl.....or one  is her love in Goryeo, the other be her love in Korea. Of cos its not gonna happen if this drama is an adaption from C-drama :(

C version ending in spoiler

Spoiler

In C version everybody were broken hearted, even 14th prince who married her, before she was sent back to the future, which btw no mention of her in history book, except for a drawing of a palace maid whom resembles her in in the museum, or she would have thought all her time in the past was just a dream. Of cos she stumbled upon a modern day 4th prince who has no recollection whatever abt her..what good it did her!

Hopefully K versions has a better ending than C version regardless whom she ends up with.

• Like 15

I'm so obsessed with this drama. I mean, i am trying to life at the same time, but my life has lately been revolving around this drama. *sighs* It's a hopeless case. Forgive me for the long obsessive rant that follows. 

I just wanna comment on the amazing bromance between 13th and 4th. It's so heartwarming to see WS finally have a brother who genuinely cares about him and i like how WS wanted 13th to LOOK at him:blush:

And the friendship between 13th and HS is so cute. I thought it was hilarious how HS was collecting intel on WS's favourite tea and food just so she could get back on his good side but 13th ended up collecting intel on everyone's favourite tea just so it wouldn't be too obvious~~ HAHAHAHA. Real smooth bro. Real smooth :glasses:

And the makeup/demasking scene! Beautiful. :wub: Actually it felt like such a deep intimate moment i kept feeling like i was a lighbulb to the moment LOL. I think HS is in the stage where her brain is telling her that she likes Wook, because he's a gentleman, sweet, kind to her and ticks all her boxes. It's almost a little superficial, but it's not an affection that has deep roots. Yet at the same time, her heart is being inexplicably drawn to WS. She is very close to the edge of falling for WS, perhaps she already has, yet she can't quite accept it, and may be almost denying it herself because she is with Wook.

I felt so much for WS when the people threw things at him. For a person who was born with a high social status, a prince none-the-less, he has never been treated as one, all because of a scar that spans one hand-width. For the people to throw things at him and mock him because of his looks and then to fervently bow and accept him when his scar is 'gone'...that is a very sad time period to live in. 

Then with WS performing the rain ritual WITHOUT his mask, that was EPIC. I had that same look as HS. She looked so in love proud of him. This was such an important scene. The moment when WS finally comes out of his shell, I loved LJK's acting in this bit. I loved how his expressions flickered from tense apprehension to surprise at the people's reaction and then that little smile as he finally tastes his first moment of being accepted. You can almost see the change in his character by the second as he grows more and more confident with each step he takes. THIS IS YOUR FUTURE KING PEOPLE. 

I'm gonna admit that i was secretly happy to see that Wook noticed that way HaeSoo's eyes followed WS the entire time, although i can't quite decipher what his reaction is to seeing WS in that scene... shocked, amazed, slightly disappointed and then finally a little jealous of WS? Does anyone else think that maybe Wook witnessed the scene between HS and WS (right after 10th's birthday) but just didn't show himself? I just feel like Wook is starting sense HS and WS have something going on between them. I feel like he notices it, but he's keeping it all bottled up until the moment HS leaves him and we might get to see that he has a jealous, insecure side that he's been hiding and he'll get so heartbroken/angry that he'll smash the bracelet.

I know that HS is gonna be somewhat frightened with WS in the next episode. I know it's only natural based on what she knows about the future 4th King, but i don't know why i feel so disappointed and sad about this, considering she's known him so long already and already gotten over her initial fear of him because she knows that he is really a soft puppy on the inside~~ Hopefully she doesn't avoid him for too long though!~ My WS needs all the love he can get!:wub:

• Like 22

Omo... the international version really deleted the scene where Wang So almost kissed Hae So after the make-up scene. It's the most important scene for me. I watched last night live even I don't understand. This morning I watched with English subtitles and find myself frustrated for it's international version. Why oo why they deleted this scene, they are very bad. If they can't make it 20 episodes why not make it 24 episodes. I felt like crying from my disappointment. Whosoever edited the international version, I want to throw mud to them too. 

• Like 18