[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

QUESTION!

Spoiler

This suddenly popped up in my head but will we be getting a scene with Wang So covering Hae Soo from the rain? I remember IU mentioning that the same scene in the c-ver will be in the drama as well. If not, something similar to that? I know the boat scene will be included too. Oh my lord, I cannot wait for what the future (mondays & tuesdays) holds!

BTW, while watching episode 8 I went FULL ON FANGIRL MODE. I was doing my victory dance and dabbing at SoSoo moments and when So showed Yo who's the boss. I often paused it too just to shout out a cry (i have no idea why lol dont ask). I did all that while my family looked at me crazy and told me to shut up :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Edited by shinaabby
More Commentary!
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, violet90 said:

okay now we talking about WW and HS story.. i think tonight HS will decide that she don't want to involve with palace anymore and ask WW to get her away from this place and he did say yes.. so i wonder what happen that he can't keep his promise and ultimately will make HS broke off with him???? hmmmm

or maybe WS will request for her as his maid and WW loss his chance to ask the king for HS??? that another one also MAYBE HS will plead WS to let her go and that make him go mad and kiss her??

arghhhhhhhhhh my head hurt thinking all the possibilities that might happen........

It might lead like that. It's gotta be interesting once the gong is ringing between those love triangle. Hae Soo with her premonition that could bring her scared, Wang So with his obsessiveness over Hae Soo and Wookie with his plan to make Hae Soo as his

• Like 9

8 hours ago, brielover said:

Thanks so much!  I just made ths connection last episode and did a tentative posting on dramabeans, where I'll repost this whole thing once the ep 8 recap is out. There might be discussion about it over there, where I post as Barbrey. So glad it added to your insight into Jumong, which I haven't seen but have heard good things about.  The writer for this drama has done a brilliant adaptation, not only using Korean history but layering it with Korean myth and symbolism too, while still, from what I understand from people who saw the original, keeping mofe or lezs to the spirit and progression of the original. Quite a feat to intertwine it all and keep it so fresh and interesting. 

@brielover We had this discussion on how Taejo regin was perfect for them to adapt the original because he had several son also and from yours and serveral other insightful commentators I'm giving the writer props just for the reasons highlighted above. I myself would have never pick up this aspect of the story if you and others hadn't pointed it out.. This writer has to be very clever yes this is a fresh and interesting take on the original  Kudos to the writer.. Thanks so much for the enlightenment..

7 hours ago, pwnkl said:

I haven't really think much ahead :sweatingbullets: and I can't think of something right now hahahah! I'm too immersed with So-Soo moments :wub::lol: I think with the attempt kiss now she's well aware on how So feels but she still isn't aware of hers.

My take as why I said she's falling to him is that back at the attempt kiss, So is initiating the kiss with much vigilance.. there's plenty of time to push him away or reject him completely but no, she stood there frozen not backing out. I get it she must be so shocked that she froze at that time but come on a kiss is a romantic approach if you're uneasy in some sort there's no way you'll accept it, it's not like So forcefully kiss him for her not to have a chance to turn him down. But again because of the ominous vision, this unveiled surge of emotion will once be dragged.. since she'll be too busy worrying the future.

@pwnkl  I think you could be right being that they both was up close and it was personal they were both in each other personal space for a brief period of time and no one was pulling back she had to have felt his presences as him hers so yes being the go get her as he is he should take initiative there was no signs telling him not to, but being he feels that everyone supposed to be afraid of him at that moment he was afraid of himself and back off because it's something he had never done before.. I'm liking how the writer is showing us how WS is getting in touch with his inter being..

6 hours ago, louisawatson said:

i don't think Empress Yoo's child was first child. Wang Moo is 1st prince, so Empress Yoo's first child was 2nd prince. and i'm pretty sure Emperor was cold toward the 2nd prince too. Emperor would have cared if it was Wang Moo's funeral.just by looking at Emperor's reaction when he thought masked So was Wang Moo.

Hello @louisawatson  It's still mind bogling to me what mad him go to such lengths it seems like his action on said day was and act of vengences towards her..

6 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

I know i sound like a selfish fan girl but i hope they will let Haesoo completely out of the picture before YH gives birth to So's eldest son. I always have a bias towards these cases in drama, if they determine to go to the tragic trajectory, please just let the hero suffers all by himself and leave my poor heroine alone :sweatingbullets:
I even have a wild idea that after Haesoo takes So's virginity, she gets pregnant, but unlike Ruoxi who had a miscariage, this time Soo can make it and gives birth to So's first son, but unfortunately she dies in child birth due to pregnancy stress (and to fullfil the tragic ending from the novel if the production team want), then So forces YH to adopt the baby as

@uuugogirl  Yes it would be nice to see all of this but we only have 20 episodes not 21 or 24 so I don't think we will see anything like this..

5 hours ago, brielover said:

I just watched the subbed version and gosh this is getting good.  My only complaint is that there is now one less episode to watch!

@brielover I still haven't watch today's episode yet was saving it for bed.. I do recognize your valid complaint and second that motion this is one drama that could have stand more then 20 episodes especially since the myth has taken place in it..

5 hours ago, tessieroo said:

It's become like a treasure hunt every Mon/Tues to find the correct subs for the SBS version. :lol: Thanks to everyone here for providing subs, information, videos, photos, etc. 

Oh my look you grace us with there presence @tessieroo How are you these days last time I shared a thread with you was healer.. Now that I have acess to a roof he's not around but will be coming to us soon hope you'll be sticking around for that one also.. Good to see you here enjoying scarlet heart and the heart throbbing LJK..

Well guy's I just watch that SBS video of the makeup scene.. And wow what girl wouldn't feel that to have a handsome man tell her to brace herself because she belongs to him.. I don't think HS knew exactly what she felt but it was so heart moving that it touch her to the very core of her being.. I even felt that for her..

4 hours ago, louisawatson said:

Hae Soo's clan is no longer powerful. King Taejo only tried to marry her because Hae clan defends the part of the land that is threatened, so he wants to make sure to make Hae clan happy by marrying one of Hae clan. Hae Soo herself is no longer good for prince because she's now just a palace lady which is low rank. remember that, Hae Soo, a lady, was PUNISHED to become a palace lady. 

@louisawatson Also I thought WW wife sort of adopted HS after she was found or something to that nature..  

1 hour ago, berny said:

@uuugogirl

whaHAHAHAH.... this meme....i cannot  laugh3-smiley.gif

That moment when the prince is more interested with your soap.

:lol:  Wow yall is killing me had 8 pages to back read because I step away for and hour or so and coming up on the last page I find this LMAO Nothing in common he's interested in soap and she's interested in putting makeup on WS face.. What a couple.. Come to think of it they never shared what they have in common..

• Like 11

Hello All!

This is my 1st post Soompi. Could not hide my excitement any longer for MLSHR.

My last pre Joseon period K-drama was Tae Wang Si Shen Ji, it has been a long while since another K-drama caught my attention.

Thank you so much for all the recaps and translation!

You guys are the best!

Lastly, it was great to see Lee Joon GI again after The King and the Clown, his beauty is still a sight to behold after all these years.

I am waiting patiently for tonight.......

• Like 20

okay let me just said as a girl HS position is just SUCK!!! i mean yeah its great two hot guy wooing you and do anything for you but these two guy is making her crazy.. one with all the talk and sweetness another one is with possessiveness and obsession with her.. being pull toward two opposite direction is really hard.. 

and mind you its not like she can just decide who she want like that cause she actually confused.. so she can't run away and have to faced the battle that she did't want.. last but not least love triangle suck!!! everyone in it will get hurt no matter what..

• Like 8

Hi everyone, 

I tried to be short, but I dont succed  :)) ; things that I like

• WS's character consistency - no only when he is with HS, but especially when he is not with her  - like the scenes with 13th prince, with his mother, with JM - straight, angry, sincere, strong, intelligent, confruntative, threating; what I like most is that he decides to do the rain ritual again, before the make-up scene - I like that he is not dependent on HS to make his decisions or to gain his confidence again; I like that he was so clear he dont want her being sorry for him - he wants her by his side, but he is not dependent on her compassion or empathy; I was afraid that because he is traumatised and lonely he will be overwhelmed by him needing her, needing her support, her kindness; I like that he will be on more like "Because I love , I need you" and less like " Because I need you, I love you" ; I like that he is a such strong character and also HS has such a great impact on him, I can feel that if he havent meet her he would be a king anyway; I love romance drama and fated love, but I also love to have a man that has something else to do than only spinning around his woman; I like he was angry on her and put a distance - he is clearly not a man to foul around - no matter how much he liked her , if he was thinking she was more of being sorry for him, he dont want her around him; is not her compassion that he wants as a man, even he has a wounded heart and a ugly scar; he really is not a character for which pity!; I like that very much; I like that he spoke up his thoughts to her " Is it all right for me to trust you?" and like many other times he make up his mind so fast and so heartfull : "If is you, I can put my myself in your hands"; I think is  important to remind ourself that before he tells her "I will make you mine" he told her "I am yours" (and in my opinion this is more important, and maybe this is why it is in the internationsal version, and the other one could be not)
  • the trying to kiss her scene from this SBS ep --- OMO, OMO, such a WS'style !!! he really can make a love confession looking like a threat!!! WS is not the usual good guy, good hero, who's love is a blessing and a confortable feeling - he's love is dangerous like he is!; I like how he try to kiss her, but was looking for her reaction and can pull himself back if he saw her not ready - but he wasnt feeling rejected or wavering; just like is only a matter of time, and there is no need to force her right now (next kiss will have a different context); sure he someone who's desire and will are strong enough to make a path even when there is no one; he knows he made up his mind, and this is all; he can be doubtfull or wavering till he make up his mind , but after he make a decision, he acts like a man who can make his decision possible ; I cant imagine him being nothing else than posessive and dominant in a relation; this doesnt mean he cannot be and wont be tender, lovely, carefull; but he is a man who acts like he wants and makes his will becoming a fact; and this has a dark side of course and this is he is dominant and posessive with HS; 
  • HS;s reaction in that scene - I still believe she is not in love with him, but this time was even more clear than in other scenes that him being so near her has such a paralysing effect; but this time, unlike other times, she wasnt even being able to move, withdraw, much less reply to him - this is not love, but speaks greatly about his impact on her - 
  • WW - I begin to really like him like in the beggining - now that is clear he will lose her, I can peace myself with him  and see him as a the gentleman he is ; in my opinion he would be able to make her happy if they could stay together; unlike WS, his love is a normal one, and also he has his flaws he is not as dangerous as WS and because of this I think he would be more apt to make HS hapyy for a long time;  in my opinion, unlike WS, he can be a good husband! :)
  • HS's premonitions: not only this episode, but the first one too; unlike her thoughts, or unlike her knowledge or maybe her ignorance,  they stay more to the truth :) this premonition is not about WS killing his brothers (this is just her worries, and maybe based on false knowledge), but about him being the king and what kind of king he will be - and we know he was one of the greatest, but not a humanitarian one; he does not need to kill his brothers, is enough she thinks about it too have such a great obstacle for her love for him to exceed; my guess is that is a premonition and not a revelation; 

I dont think this will be a happy love and they will both get hurt, not only because there will be too much fire in their love, but also because there is to much differences between them; but I hope all will be ending with WS in ourtimes, making a 1000 years of reincarnation to be able to meet with her again; He is determined enough to be able to do it :))) and not being a king in ourdays, he can have the chance to have a happy marriage with her in our more peacefull times :))

• Like 22

@dhia205 Haha I am weird :D weird is my middle name! But glad to know Im not alone. Yes, the cover for OST 2. I wonder what will cause them to be on the boat in the first place through. 

@LadyOne Welcome to Soompi! I'm kinda new myself hehe hope your time in Soompi will be a great one!!! :)

@violet90 Yes what you say is true. I think anyone would be frustrated too if they were in that position. 

• Like 7

Okey that new preview Clip.... of HS running scared.

It was mentioned here... that based on History .... Guangjong has killed "relatives" who was in his way, that were enemies of his....but it was not directly implied if he did harm any of his brothers (on actual historical) events ?

So what's with this ...."frightened HS out of her wits situation then?" :huh:

• Is the drama depicting WS (a.k.a. Guangjong) as more bad than the real historical Guangjong?
• Is it the lack of historical knowledge in the part of HS ... that is why she is "overreacting" ? (she was reacting like some notorious brutal killer is on the loose).

I am just rattled that...for a male lead in the drama...why are they doing this...previously he has too little scenes...making some viewers think a male lead doing a cameo role...now they are depicting him like some devil incarnate....through the reactions of HS. :blink:

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, valsava said:

:lol:  Wow yall is killing me had 8 pages to back read because I step away for and hour or so and coming up on the last page I find this LMAO Nothing in common he's interested in soap and she's interested in putting makeup on WS face.. What a couple.. Come to think of it they never shared what they have in common..

Hahaha.....that had me laughing too like crazy..... :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

hemmmm what makes HS so freak out like that even say the lines to Wook, that So really shouldn't be a king.....

yes she warned him over WS ...She did not realize it yet but made everything a mess...later i think will realize she is a time paradox that will cause the war...WS never wanted to be king but he will fight to become so he can protect her

• Like 15

A man confesses his love, tries to kiss you... and then you return his smile :P

If he doesn't take that as a yes to his confession than what else will be a 'good' signal..

And then next moment when he is convinced that she is ready to accept him, do we see him pulling her into him (rain sequence) .. he wouldn't have done that otherwise.. and there she pushes him back..

Oh poor WS.. i guess i see where he is coming from even if it were to be a forced kiss..

For him, he proposed, she accepted and now acting all weird..

At the same time this reminds me of second lead from cinderella - and the question she poses to hero - why do keep taking care of me if not interested.. :P

HS- stop giving mixed signals :P

although i know she is not doing it purposely. 

• Like 20

Spoiler

My unreasonable rant:

Someone mentioned it (sorry I cant find you & im getting tired) but I also feel like Hae Soo kinda "overreacted" as well in the preview... I admit Im not really getting into her shoes, and I understand that having a revelation like that is terrifying — considering that she might've felt a bit responsible for triggering So to become king. However, she shouldn't be THAT scared of him because she should know him more by now. They spent time together and expressed themselves freely with each other before. How could she possibly become enemies with him and be killed by So? Idk. I feel a tad bit... disappointed in her?

Just read the rest of the posts lol its nice to know others feel the same. this is such a nice community to be in. You guys are awesome!

Edited by shinaabby
  • Like 15

16 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

I am not really fond with her reaction like that. Seriously. Despite she has premonition about Wang So as the King, she suddenly acts like Wang So also would kill her if he became a king

me too... i just feel like her reaction is over too much upon knowing WS is Gwangjong.... 

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

I am not really fond with her reaction like that. Seriously. Despite she has premonition about Wang So as the King, she suddenly acts like Wang So also would kill her if he became a king

Yeah... I guess it was too much.... this is WS ...she often gives him words of wisdom...gentle, kind words.  She knew he needed a friend, SO WHY NOT GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF A DOUBT first... before "getting carried away."  Or better yet think calmly of a solution instead of freaking out.
I mean after travelling back in time, nothing bizarre should shock her so much anymore. 

• Like 14