[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

18 minutes ago, merrylass said:

WHAAAT?!?!?!  How did I miss that?!?!  In what episode do we see Wang So get married?  I thought Hae Soo's premonition (or vision) showed the death of Taejo (943AD -- Episode 1 starts in 942AD), followed by a royal male floating face down in water, and lastly the King standing but with his face blurred ... where was the vision of Wang So getting married?  (not argumentative -- just want to find and rewatch!!).  Thanks!

@merrylass. Here is the picture of the PREMONITION 

LOOK AT HIS HAIR CHINGU  

https://instagram.com/p/BKkNF3mBuH4aJCfRJ4YapWQ3QlCKEExpGmWgTQ0/ 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:

Same person... same location... same event

yet another vibe

from Wang So

to 

King Gwangjong 

HOLY MOLY. HE. IS. GOOD. Im like having butterflies and turned on at the same time. Is that weird? Hahaha:sweatingbullets:

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 11

@UnniSarah What/which picture?  The picture of Wang So as King Gwangjong -- which would be 6 or 7 years in the future?  His first son isn't born until 955AD (when King Gwangjong is 30 years old -- 6 years AFTER 4th Prince Wang So becomes King Gwangjong). 

We don't know when he gets married to his half-sister Yeon Hwa (Queen Daemok) or his niece (Crown Prince Mu's daughter) and I'm really hoping NOT to see either event during this drama!

Edited to add:  @UnniSarah, just an FYI the link to the Instagram picture is broken or the pic has been removed.

Edited by merrylass
correction
  • Like 8

I am always intrigued by these 'posessive' streak lovestories

Pre-commitment and post commitment - I wonder if its a comment on men Vs women.. if that is a stated fact across generations on how superior a woman's love can be to a man's

Man

Pre commitment: The dark brooding hero ofcourse is loyal to anyone he opens his heart to and the lady in waiting takes no.1 spot always. However, it is mostly about mutual expectations - I will love you to death but you remain loyal to me, be only mine.

There is always a subtle objectification of girl that happens. She is regarded as one's private property. The woman gets to rule the heart and soul of the hero but in return has to forego her freedom of choice - she can not love as per her own will, because the man in love will chase her to the end of the world.

And then the woman eventually falls. Even though he is bad boy and she wants to stay out of trouble, she fails at such passionate and continuous, unrelenting persuasion techniques. Recurring theme being the surfacing of motherly/caretaker role of a woman and how she wants to nurture - again subtly promoting the dogma of women being nurturer's , reinstating that that is their real position in the society.. whereas the man, he is meant to be the leader, the strong guy who fends for his family.. extremely arboreal if you remove the fancy coating of romance from the picture.

Woman

once love is established, comes time for the women to do most of the sacrificing...because now tables are turned. She was no.1 for him.. but now he is no.1 for her too..

And portrayal of women in love is so similar across genres, across cultures, across generations.

Man becomes more impatient with the woman because now that she is his and there is no wooing in picture, she gets to bear more of responsibilities of sacrificing for love. A jealous hero will pursue the girl till he makes her his.. but a jealous husband will immediately doubt the wife and wreck havoc everywhere, while the woman learns to keep everything in check to appease him and also bear the brunt of his wrongdoings upon others..

I love the portrayal of silent strength that women tend to display in such stories. They don't give in when hero demands it.. but do give in because hero needs it. Leaving him/not denying accusations/take all torture whatever the trope may be, but yes comes down to the woman to stand the test of time and prove to hero that she loves him.

The important questions that arise of both scenarios:

1. Is it so for women that the wooing counts more? Because that section plays to fantasies of women.. the whole princess treatment.. in terms of .. how passionately the hero loves them, can get jealous over them etc..Man's undying unrelenting love for the woman

2. For men - is the post commitment romance more interesting? - Its always playing to the guys side.. how the girl loves him, no matter what he does..

3. Have we not evolved over the years? - is that what it is.. man is the leader and woman the childbearer and nurturer :) ... how much as a society are we still held by such dogmas? Why is Queen Yoo not appreciated for having that political knack and intelligence and lust for the throne.. why is it correct when men want power and not so much if woman wants it ( or if we consider Yeonwha too)..

4. Role reversal pre and post commitment shows how we still perceive women weak.. post marriage, its a done deal .. the woman has no other options left.. she will be recognized as that man's property.. But the man on other hand is free of any such ties.. 

So, a woman's strength comes from the fact that how much is she loved by her husband or not... better the husband, more the jealousy towards having luck of that woman..

but if you are successful and single .. no one cares..

And that hasn't really changed much to this date. 

Drifted much.

But yes, food for thought

1. Would you equally accept if Princess Yeonhwa were to pursue WS despite him not being interested in HS? What is she throws herself on him and says you are mine and only mine?

2. Forge the motherly side of her, but if you were to consider only her want of power.. where would you place her.. ?? give her fair chance as princes?

3. Why can HS not discard WS ? Why should she have any liabilities towards him knowing what she knows?

4. Hero;s angsty past justifies his hunting nature.. but why not woman? Yoo, why she did what she did..and why is that not seen as deep emotional psychological scar..? ( Your first son died and hours later husband is off to marry someone else..and please note first kid even in today's context is the most precious child..)

But i do admit, the dark brooding guy always makes me go weak in my knees. But then i saw a lot of people mentioned that some of them have been in such relationships and it is suffocating.. so I wonder why is stockholm syndrome (however subtle) is promoted across dramas across coutries and viewers love it.. 

Do we really desire that?

My fav character right now is our little warrior princes :) .. I loved the whole dad conversation..

• Like 14

1 minute ago, merrylass said:

@UnniSarah What/which picture?  The picture of Wang So as King Gwangjong -- which would be 6 or 7 years in the future?  His first son isn't born until 955AD (when King Gwangjong is 30 years old -- 6 years AFTER 4th Prince Wang So becomes King Gwangjong). 

We don't know when he gets married to his half-sister Yeon Hwa (Queen Daemok) or his niece (Crown Prince Mu's daughter) and I'm really hoping NOT to see either event during this drama!

So agree with you, i don't think i could stand the pain :bawling:

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, merrylass said:

For those looking for SBS subbed version, please do a search for "Box asian" -- I don't know if I'm allowed to provide the website or not.  The website should be provided in the search.  Beware that timing of the subs is off -- SBS doesn't show a couple of scenes but the subs for those scenes are shown so the subs lag behind.

Edited: Yikes, I just checked boxasian and they have changed from the SBS version to the international version in the past few hours! 

Yea I just checked. Bummer :bawling:  But I think there is hope if they changed to the international that means they do put the SBS version first. Just go to check it very fast. I hate how they cut the best scenes. I honestly want to know what WS said to his evil mother after seeing what she did to HS. That's been bugging me since I saw a clip :(

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, merrylass said:

Edited to add:  @UnniSarah, just an FYI the link to the Instagram picture is broken or the pic has been removed.

I just went back to to check it looks fine on my end. I don't know why i can't post any picture.  Crying right now :(:( 

• Like 5

I know so many people posted the re-edited scene from today's episode so I won't post another link about that but.... HOLY!!!!! That scene...............just got me to the heart. No words needed for that scene. I was fangirling like crazy throughout the whole scene... I wish they kept it in the Dramafever version! So worth having it in there~ 

Oh man, today's episode... HS imagining WS becoming an evil king with that flash of red....omg... I just hope that WS doesn't become the kind of king that HS is imagining. Please someone tell me this isn't true.. But the good thing about today's episode is that we got way more WS and HS moments and I hope there are many more moments to come.... I am wondering if that poison scene is going to happen at tomorrow's episode or next week? But i'm very pumped about the plot line and to see how WS becomes king~ I know that gwangjong wasn't the king right after Taejo so does that mean that in our story WS doesn't become king imediately? Also I would think that Yo would kill everyone not WS. Honestly, I don't know what to expect from the drama. But excited for episode 9!! Especially for that kiss scene~~ Omo!~~

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, cmoirae2 said:

makes sense that 4th prince asked for hae soo ... he needs a make-up artist ... keke ... after leading the rain ritual and making it rain, he will be more visible to the public and would need someone to cover his scar with every public appearance ... hehe ... 

in all seriousness, i like how the story is progressing ... feeling hae soo here but i am torn between 8th and 4th prince ... i guess i am one of the few who wishes for hae soo to end up with the 8th prince but since i know the story beforehand, it's not going to happen ... i will just swoon over the handsome kang ha neul ... mianhe, i am having a 2nd lead syndrome (not only with this drama but with other dramas too)  anyhow, i do feel the love tension between hs and ws ... wang so has this 'i can't fight this feeling anymore' drama (included lyrics and link to REO speedwagon MV in spoiler) and soon hae soo will realize that 'there is something there that wasn't there before' (just like beauty and the beast) ...

it's a big win for the 4th prince for bringing in the rain ... sure win for everyone else royalty or not.  losers are queen yoo and 3rd prince ... boo ... they must have felt that the crown was already at the tip of their fingers and slipped away ... tsk tsk ... of course as in any saegeuk we will see more dirty tactics from this dynamic duo just to get the crown ...

Reveal hidden contents

Song for episode 8 - 

Wang So to Hae Soo - I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore (REO Speedwagon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpOULjyy-n8

Oh, I can't fight this feeling any longer
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow
What started out this friendship has grown stronger
I only wish I had the strength to let it show

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever
I said there is no reason for my fear
'Cause I feel so secure when we're together
You give my life direction
You make everything so clear

And even as I wander
I'm keeping you in sight
You're a candle in the window
On a cold, dark winter's night
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

'Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crushing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you
I've been running around in circles in my mind
And it always seems that I'm following you, girl
'Cause you take me to the places
That alone I'd never find

And even as I wander
I'm keeping you in sight
You're a candle in the window
On a cold, dark winter's night
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I can't fight this feeling anymore
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

'Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crashing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore

its OK, I am one of those few people who wishes she end up with wang Wook too :wub:.  but at the same time I dont mind seeing Wang Soo and Hae soo together, the story now is getting more interesting, I'm curious to see what happens next. LJG is doing a great job portraying WS btw. his eyes alone speaks volume.

• Like 8

Please don't make another arranged marriage between Wang So with Yeon Hwa because i have to bear two favorite OTP suffering because they marry with another woman not with their beloved one.

honestly, if the writer would follow the Chinese version, i don't mind because i believe they would meet in the future where HaeSoo became Hajin and Wang so became another man with different name i guess. 

But the possibility to endure those thirteen episodes not by pulling hair, flipping table and almost suffocated because of the tragedy that follows up with so many problems getting harder than we expect is getting near. This is a sageuk drama but all the story since beginning already shown another tragic ending for main otp. 

Another misunderstanding would be happening tonight because Wang So finally trusted and believed her. She is the first person that Wang So finally able to believe people in the palace. But it will be a rattlesnake once Hae Soo draws her premonition about who will be Wang So next time. I knoe she lacks of history in school since she barely studied when she was school but based on people who ever studied and read about Gwang Jong, seemed like he wasnt a cruel person. Killing person was a regular thing in saeguk drama. 

Based on the forced kiss we will get tonight, Wang So might confront her why she created a distance with him but yesterday she was so close to him even she already waved by him

• Like 15

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@qwenli .... Ruoxi started to question history  once she started getting to know 4th prince, BUt in this version, she already started to get to know him but she is allowing what she see misguide her to which will cause her lots of heartache and misunderstanding. Her misunderstanding is her own fault for not listening to people's advice and not paying attention. She see's only what she wants to see. She has seen how the brothers treat each other and that Wang So has always been by himself. She sees the loneliness in his eyes but because of one vision she wants to run away from him because she is scared. 

One thing all of us chingu's have forgotten in the premonition when Hae Soo saw GwangJO, we see that Wang So does get married  depressed1 onion head  depressed1 onion head and he also look so miserable. Why doesn't she ask herself why does he look so sad? What could have happened for him to be like that. I know these are all things i wish she would ask but our leading lady in Kdrama are not so bright.  They never know their own heart while everyone else can see their true feelings. 

Don't think its a premonition per se.. she does not have psychic abilities..

What she had was a realization ( or let's say putting face to portrait of a king you saw in your textbook) .. so the tied up hair, the gown.. none of that are important points to bother with.. 

her core focus and only thing that she does take in is... he will kill, ruthlessly. Right now she is not in love with him, she cares for him just as she cares for other princes..

If another prince was going through what WS is, HS will react exactly the same way. So, ofcourse she is afraid to realize all of them will die because of this one man.. it isn't as easy to simultaneously delve into right and wrong analysis.. her brain would be too addled to do that right now..

Anyhow, even if he is lonely and what not, none of the other prince give HS any reason to justify their being killed and of dying. .. then why should she be tolerant of WS? .. yes, additional complexity is that she is time traveling.. and what modern times have taught us through innumerous movies and as this drama will tell us to..messing with time is always problematic..

So, you stand in front of hitler, you know what is going to happen.. but he loves you and you love him. Go figure!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, fairyalice said:

I watched that scene a couple of times, I'm not sure what is happening but it looks more like he was attacked as we see HS running to him from afar. As result HS may be framed or whatever god knows reason since she is being taken away by the guards. My guess this is how she gets beaten while being interrogated and is later demoted to the lowest level as a servant  (due to the pink and worn out uniform we see her wearing later in the trailer).
My guess this will probably take place within four episodes.

Which will bring us to the scene when ws sweet kiss her on her injured lips and pull her into hug. I want that scene :w00t:

• Like 15

Found this article and translated it :) yeayy can't wait for the Baek Ah Yeon's OST to be released tomorrow! :heart:

Following Epik High & Lee Hi, Baek Ah Yeon will also participate for OST 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo'

Soloist Baek Ah Yeon will contribute his voice to one of the latest soundtrack song for the drama 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo'.

According to media outlets Donga, Tuesday (09/20), revealed that Baek Ah Yeon will participate to show her vocals in a drama OST 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo'.

The news at once justify the guess of all fans who previously had guessed between IU and Baek Ah Yeon who will sing for this drama OST 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo', which were previously the production team had already released a teaser video without announcing the name of the singer.

Reportedly the song that will be sung by Baek Ah Yeon will be the soundtrack of moments that capture the love story between the characters Lee Jun Ki, IU and Kang Ha Neul in this drama.

Previously, the fans have been presented by the epic collaboration between EPIK HIGH and Lee Hi with the soundtrack titled 'Can You Hear My Heart' for this drama.

baek-ah-yeon.jpg?w=510&ssl=1

• Like 13

@junee22 ohhh teman..ikr.. Wang So this drama rule our work life cute-rabbit-emoticon-19.gif?1301940532 .. waktu makan siang gini enaknya nonton, tp sub-nya blom keluar...cute-rabbit-emoticon-29.gif?1301940533

@shinaabby weird...you are weird.. but you're not alone.. at least i'm with you cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532

anyway... i love BA interaction with this two, he immediately become WS good lil brother..

insta003.gif

and HS good useful friend.

insta004.gif

why i wish he can be cupid for them. cute-rabbit-emoticon-16.gif?1301940532

• Like 20

okay now we talking about WW and HS story.. i think tonight HS will decide that she don't want to involve with palace anymore and ask WW to get her away from this place and he did say yes.. so i wonder what happen that he can't keep his promise and ultimately will make HS broke off with him???? hmmmm

or maybe WS will request for her as his maid and WW loss his chance to ask the king for HS??? that another one also MAYBE HS will plead WS to let her go and that make him go mad and kiss her??

arghhhhhhhhhh my head hurt thinking all the possibilities that might happen........

• Like 13