[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

12 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

I read somewhere that said HS and WW relationship will change due to something happening throughout 8&9. While watching ep.8, HS helped WS a lot due to her amazing skills in makeup. At the ritual WS stood proud, and HS and WS had eyes only for each other. WW noticed this. I guess that adds something to their relationship. But will something happen during ep.9 that CHANGES their relationship? I saw the preview when WS told the king he wanted HS and everything, but is there more that changes a lot for HS and WW?? 

In the preview Wang Wook is standing alone in the rain and though I'm not 100% sure about the translation I think what he said is translated as  "There must be another place that needs me... " So I wonder if he starts to feel some sort of ambition or desire outside of HS that he decides to explore. Maybe for the crown? Or more simply a desire to help people. Because of this maybe he asks the King for a favor besides HS's release...Or maybe he decides to go away for a time...

I know these are just pretty groundless theories of my overactive imagination but I still feel like that line is probably significant in some way in the development of his character and his relationship with HS.

• Like 9

My heartbeat up and down since last night, i'm happy for HS and WS romantic scenes but i also want to cry when WS was humiliated by his people, then feel scary for WS sharp gaze as Gwangjong T_T (i think i'm wrong that a man in bath pool where king taejo died/unconcious maybe it's him before i think it was WW...so sad if it's true) 

I tried to calm myself and think there're still many romantic scenes between HS and WS..like HS first kiss today, WS peck kiss to HS and HS give WS smile, boat scene, mask scene (as cover for ost, i'm sure it will be in drama) also when WS and HS riding horse together again, even HS face expression mostly sad everytime with WS oh gosh...please give SoSoo happiness.

• Like 10

There’s been speculation that Soo is somehow hallucinating/seeing visions when she’s imagining historical scenarios. I don’t believe that’s the case, I think it’s the visual representation of her thoughts.

In this case, So, who’d she’d previously not even considered in that scene when she was looking at all the Princes wondering who’d become the 4th King, is suddenly in contention for the throne by her hand (because she has removed evidence of his imperfection).

I don’t think Soo is actually ‘seeing’ that I think it’s how we understand her realisations.

I don’t see any of those as ‘visions’ or premonitions, I think they are her thoughts while she is remembering things that she knows from history and trying to place people that she now knows in real life in those places. I think that’s why we don’t see the face of the person during the ‘premonition’ because she herself doesn’t know, so it’s a placeholder. She knows something happens, her brain is busy trying to remember the things that she’s buried in her memory and her ‘visions’ are her way of making sense of the resurfacing thoughts.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, merrylass said:

I asked my mother and aunt if they remembered what they studied about King Gwangjong from school and they both promptly said "he created the first Korean civil service exam, freed slaves and made Buddhism the official religion of Goryeo".  I had to laugh because they finished school a loooooooooong time ago (and yes, they are Korean and went to school in Korea) but clearly were required to remember these facts about Gwangjong.  I asked if King Gwangjong was known for killing his brothers because I don't remember being taught that and my mom said "whether Silla, Gogoryeo, Goryeo or Joseon, -- many killed their siblings and other family members in the fight for the throne.  I don't remember studying that Gwangjong killed more family members than any other king."     

I admire your determination and curiosity for finding out this. And thanks for giving us these info.

If you can read Korean, perhaps you can surf the korean sites and books for more info.

In the c version, at some time, Ruoxi (the female lead) started to question her  understanding  of history. Even as an audience we started wondering have we always misunderstand the 4th.

I think for Haesoo it may go down the same line, that what she knows from books and being there knowing all the Prince in real life it's different. Probably that's how she will eventually go with her feelings for the 4th. 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, qwenli said:

No, that's not true.

The sold version is pre-edit and sub in different languages so they can't meddle with it becos there is not enough time to redo them and redistribute. There is a cost to subbing, someone has to pay.

China also requires by LAW for their media authority to vet thru the whole series before broadcast, they will not accept ad-hoc re-edit. Hence only pre-produced shows like SH, dots, Uncontrollably fond can simulcast.

@qwenli Oh.. I see... just a pity to let important scene to be cut... thank you for explanation, they just have to edit better.. because they were doing good.

• Like 5

Question....

again...haha i've so many questions... :phew:

That ceremony of WS.... is it to declare that he is in line to the throne ???
Because there is a "Crown Prince" at that moment right?

I like the Crown Prince too...he seems genuinely kind and wise compared to the other royalties who are rotten...and he is good to HS too.

• Like 5

Brilliant episode deserves rating of 15 and more. Could not get my eyes off the screen. My heroes for the episode Jimong, Lady Oh and most especially Hae Soo. The dogs of the episode were as usual Queen Yoo and her mama boy Yo and those nasty maids of the Damiwon.

The general’s daughter is so cute. Will Hae Soo help speed up that love affair with the 10th?

Is there some jealousy from Queen Yoo towards Lady Oh for the king? Wonder what happened there?

Anyway some speculative political observations. Among the wives of the king, Queen Yoon and Queen Hwangbo seem to be the most important to the king. Queen Yoo is the more ostentatious one with bigger headdresses, more colorful outfits, bling blings and  all glitter. But both Queens are always present in all the important rituals, feasts and official gatherings. Both have their own palaces which leads me to believe that they both belong to elite and most influential families or clans of Goryeo. That is how the king maintained his throne through marriages of influence. I wonder whose family is more influential. Hence the 3rd Prince wanting to marry Princess Yeon Hwa to bring the powerful clans together and strengthen his base of power (as if he had any). Princess Yeon Hwa also wants to be queen and does not want be the 2nd wife of Yo which means she will not be the Queen. She also sees a weakling in the childish and nasty Yo. So is not married and he is quiet and strong and definitely king material which if she marries him, makes her a queen and definitely strengthens her families influence but then she will be a direct competition with her brother Wook whom Yo thinks she is supporting to be king. We also see the brothers giving deference to Wook. Does he have plans to vie for the throne? He is the most likely candidate to represent the Hwangbo family. Will he compete not only for Haesoo but for the throne? Yo becomes king but reigned for a very short time Is it because he did not get the support of the other most influential family of Goryeo? Now he also realizes that he has some strong competitor, his younger brother, So. As for Wook, he sees the interest of Hae Soo in So and it seems from the preview that he wlill heat up his courtship of Hae Soo. Now the intensitiy of the competition becomes intense begin not only for their women but for the right to wear the crown and rule Goryeo.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, theseasasleep said:

Whatever the case may be, I believe SBS definitely failed to check their final product before giving it out since the issues were pretty glaring. Whoever the editor is at SBS who is creating the domestic version is the one I give the least blame to because technically he's working under the gun, trying to re-piece together something that's already been cut up while maintaining the established narrative flow from episode to episode. 

Firstly, I have to say I am not trying to defend sbs,but I think in the process of making the show, lots of fingers poke into the process.

Yg and universal are major investors and will have a say in how things go too. So my guess is why we gave rap music n english lyrics ost was very much an influence of YG.

As for the other edits. After being engrossed 8n filming for 5 to 6 mths, the production team probably decided on what they prefer to show, not knowing that their preference is different from viewer 's preference.

Hence I would say its not so much the Intl version is bad or incorrect but the re-ediTed k version  is an improved version.

• Like 18

Compassion For Someone Is Being Able to See With Your Heart And Not Your Eyes Alone...

Image result for moon lovers scarlet heart ryeo episode 9-Image result for moon lovers scarlet heart ryeo episode 9 

There are so many great posts already written about this episode that it's hard to shed light on anything new.  I think again today I confirmed my feelings that the 13th prince is my favorite mostly because I love that he is protective of those he loves and is willing to stand up for what he believes.  I think WS misunderstood both HS & the 13 prince in the way they handled seeing his scar.  HS has a pure heart she has the ability to look beyond the scar and see what others don't see the goodness that lies within WS.  The 13th prince made me proud in the fact that he closed his eyes and turned his head.  Not because he couldn't handle seeing it but because he knew it wasn't right.  His compassion for his brother and the embarrassment he knew WS was being put through.  My thoughts are that WS  maybe without saying it was still moved by his brothers actions.

Court Lady Oh, A Woman's Life In Service. Whose Heart Is Covered In Scars, Yet Cannot Hide Her Love For Her King...

th?id=OIP.a372b763e6a813ec34062711235cde  

She comes across strict and cold but as I watched her today brushing the Kings hair I felt the emotion and tenderness coming from her as she took her time lovingly with each stroke.  I found myself feeling so sorry for her trapped inside this life of fleeting moments & glances loving a man who would never be hers.  Not to mention all the abuse she lives with daily from a Queen who saw her as nothing more than someone to step on.  But I have to say she too inspired me when she protected HS in the only way she knows how.  Even when she slapped HS you knew she was doing it for HS's sake and later we realize it's her real fears in what could happen to HS.  It seems HS's once again pours her kindness around her and Court Lady Oh soaks some of that caring in and another heart is added to those HS has touched...

Just As A Bracelet Is Given In Faith, So Are His Gentle Words Used To Bring Hope & Comfort To Her Heart...

Image result for moon lovers scarlet heart ryeo episode 8

I thought the scene between WW & HS inside the unknown pass way was once again a brief moment of WW's tenderness.  As I watched HS with her head laid on his shoulder you had a sense that she was resting and felt safe enough to close her eyes.  It's this trust that WW while their hands are entwined within each others continues to move her heart by giving her hope and comfort...

With Her Fingertips She Touched His Scar, But With Her Gentleness She Touched His Heart...

Image result for moon lovers scarlet heart ryeo episode 8

My favorite scene because HS uses her talent after much thought to make a difference in the only way she knows but just like when she so gently was doing her cousins makeup knowing the pain & hurt within her cousin.  She once again would feel the pain and suffering that lies beneath WS understanding him more than he realizes for it isn't pity that she feels for him.  It's something more she may not understand it all but she feels it and although protecting and doing for others is her nature.  Seeing him mistreated by others tugged at her heart enough to make her want to protect him now...

My last thoughts are of WS and having to see him go through so much still.  I mean when you know his history you can't help but wonder how much does one man have to endure.  I'm not talking about the future or the King he will be but the boy who grew up without the love & comfort he deserved.  Seeing people throw stuff at him made me realize how cruel humans can be to one another and how mercy and even compassion was hard to find throughout history and in truth even now in the real world as well.  It also makes you realize that scars that are placed by others on the outside as well as the ones on the inside are never easily covered up or forgotten...  

credit & thanks to all original owners of photos...  Forgive my long thoughts...

First thing I do in the morning after arriving at work is to check the rating of episode 8 and I'm super delighted to know that the viewership has increased by 1.1% Yayyyyyyyy I'm on cloud nine and temporarily don't wanna come back down to earth \^o^/ Though I've said before that I no longer care about the rating, honestly with all the tension and excitement ep 8 created last night, a higher rating is well-deserved and I would be mad if it didn't happen (Geez, sometimes I can't even understand myself :D ) By the way, I know it's a little bit late but Congratulations! We've made this thread past 500 pages. Such an amazing job guys :D It's really nice to see our bustling community and our support for MLSHR grow bigger everyday ^^

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, berny said:

Question....

again...haha i've so many questions... :phew:

That ceremony of WS.... is it to declare that he is in line to the throne ???
Because there is a "Crown Prince" at that moment right?

I like the Crown Prince too...he seems genuinely kind and wise compared to the other royalties who are rotten...and he is good to HS too.

The ceremony was a ritual to pray for rain because they were going thru a drought.

There was a ballot to choose a Prince to help the king because the king is no longer very fit and the cp is away for awhile.

4th's name tag was drawn from the ballot box although the evil queen thinks it's not a random draw. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, qwenli said:

The ceremony was a ritual to pray for rain because they were going thru a drought.

There was a ballot to choose a Prince to help the king because the king is no longer very fit and the cp is away for awhile.

4th's name tag was drawn from the ballot box although the evil queen thinks it's not a random draw. 

Thank you for this info...now i understand it better. :)

• Like 3

In real history, King Gwangjong (aka 4th Prince Wang So) is known to have gathered tremendous popular support in the early years of his reign (he used it to help keep the clans in check).  I like how the drama showed the beginnings of this popular support -- his "miraculous" removal of his scar (and mask) led to almost instantaneous rain ... within seconds of Prince Wang So's stepping upon the altar, the heavens open up and begin to pour.  He truly becomes the "son of the dragon" to the commoners praying and you can imagine what the commoners will say about how the heavens truly acknowledged this prince.  Commoners might even twist it to say the heavens removed the scar as "proof" that he truly was heaven's choice to perform the rain ritual and to prevent anyone from rejecting him again!!

You can almost see how this will have a ripple effect on nobles and royals -- even Queen Idonthaveaheart may hesitate for just a second on whether people control the heavens or if the heavens truly control people.  4th Prince Wang So and the Queen both believed that "you continue the rain ritual until it rains" (i.e. people control the heavens) but I don't think either would have expected it to rain within moments of his standing on the altar (i.e. heavens control people).  I thought the setup was great.

In the episode 9 preview, Queen Idonthaveaheart says that she wants the Crown Prince killed and we know that 2nd Prince Wang Yo has already sent bandits to delay the Crown Prince's return (the CP was supposed to take over when the 4th Prince quit his 1st rain attempt) ... so I wonder if that is why we have the pictures of the 2nd Prince on his knees surrounded by guards?  Wonder how Queen Idonthaveaheart gets Prince Wang Yo out of being executed?

• Like 15

I just realized that the first time 4th Prince Wang So took Hae Soo to the lake, it was a lake ... but in the boat scene in episode 9, there is very little water ... Hae Soo would have fallen into a muddy puddle.  I wonder how much time Hae Soo has been in the palace -- clearly enough time to have learned to read the books she was assigned the first time she was punished but was it months or years?

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(you can always check our first page for updates, specially on the differences between SBS and International Versions)

1. How many versions do SHR have?  - We have two . One for the international release which includes Dramafever, Youku, and One TV Asia and the second is the SBS version. The SBS version is edited as the episode is airing, while the international version was released prior to broadcast. 

The sold version is pre-edit and sub in different languages so they can't meddle with it becos there is not enough time to redo them and redistribute. There is a cost to subbing, someone has to pay.

Korean version is editing based on weekly viewer feedback.

However, China, for one, requires by LAW for their media authority to vet thru the whole series before broadcast, they will not accept ad-hoc re-edit. (Credit to @qwenli ) 

2. What are the differences of each episode ?  And where can I find them?

SBS Version is recapped by Dramabeans

Differences in ep 6 versions on pg 388 (11th post) 

Differences in ep 7 

Episode 8 - Removing of Mask Scene Clip

3. Where can I rely more on history about Goryeo ? 

Goryeo Background , Summary by @Zelda

Meaning of Names by @gihwayujo

Additional Read: Myth of Yuhwa , The Haes and Hae Soo by @brielover

4. Are there uploaded versions of SBS?  

Licensed streaming link Dramafever uploads the international version. There are no official licensed streaming link for SBS version. Soompi doesn't allow recommendations for unlicensed / backdoor streaming links. Sorry :/

and i just found out today that there are 2 versions *sobs*

• Like 8

chingus,

I m totally confused. I know about the two versions and so far I m watching only the international version in the site with the rights . I watched ep. 8 here and thats the latest released ep.

I watched every scene of it and I saw no kiss but I read few pages ago that WS kissed for a sec HS.

Is it a scene from another version? cause I saw no kiss.

What a moment when WS said : "I m yours" ....Jun Gi is  such a good actor .

• Like 9

OMONA!!!

Just watched episode 8, and i'm soooo excited for eps 9.

And it gave me chills when i saw the last minutes of this episode.

Spoiler

Best scene ever!

Those eyes. oh how i love LJG's eyes. Oh wait, i mean Wang So's eyes. hihihi.... :P

Lee Joon Gi nailed it.

screenshot%20KJD%20Namoo%20Daepyonim.jpg

Taken from Namoo Actors's Daepyonim instagram.

It seems LJG's president agency (daepyonim) is very proud of him.

• Like 13