Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

i read on IG, there's a video that told me about Ruoxi died and 4th prince couldn't even look at her until she died. She suddenly woke up in the present and looked at the museum where the 4th prince and other stuff while she was also there but the lucky scene was the reincarnation of 4th prince, the man who resembles a lot with 4th prince shown up in the museum

CAN WE GET THIS ENDING WRITERNIM ? I WANNA SEE LEE JUN KI IN MODERN OUTFIT :(

• Like 11

2 hours ago, pwnkl said:

I stumbled this scene upon my daily dose of re-watch. I just love how Soo came out of nowhere and disperses his solemn reflection.  :wub:

*SUDDENLY SINGING JUSTIN TIMEBERLAKE MIRROR WHEN I WATCHED THIS* :D:P

• Like 8

i already read all of the discussion and man they are a lot of it..

about WS reaction when HS stare at him back... for me and this solely my opinion...

when Eun said HS said that WS will give him anything that when WS actually decide to remove the mask.. whether he do this because of him and HS promise to Eun but i think its more on how HS see him as someone who don't break a promise like she said.. in a way he remove it because of HS.. 

• WS just realised before this scene is HS is someone special for him i don't think that he know its love but she is someone that he care more than all people in that room.. he already expected the reaction in that room that's why he just seem "i already know it" but HS just stare at him with a realization how broken he is.. that hurt him more than he thought..
  • HS point of view.. all this time she only interact with WS only without other.. she never actually realize how outcast or how the scar effect him.. she always treat WS the same but now seeing how actually fragile WS is about his scar and about his brother really touched her heart. its not pity but understanding how worse WS being treated because of the scar..
  • HS eyes always look at WS without a judgement and that what WS liked being around her.. she treated him the same.. scold him or talk back.. the scar or the fact he kill people never bothered HS.. but that scene changed how she look at him.. that what he hate the most.. the fact that HS now someone that he care the most also make him go crazy too..

this is what i look at when WS mean he hate it... also how heartbreaking WS is when he said that... its just hurt him and imagine how he will became if HS died or left him.. :cry:

• Like 15

1 minute ago, violet90 said:

i already read all of the discussion and man they are a lot of it..

about WS reaction when HS stare at him back... for me and this solely my opinion...

when Eun said HS said that WS will give him anything that when WS actually decide to remove the mask.. whether he do this because of him and HS promise to Eun but i think its more on how HS see him as someone who don't break a promise like she said.. in a way he remove it because of HS.. 

• WS just realised before this scene is HS is someone special for him i don't think that he know its love but she is someone that he care more than all people in that room.. he already expected the reaction in that room that's why he just seem "i already know it" but HS just stare at him with a realization how broken he is.. that hurt him more than he thought..
  • HS point of view.. all this time she only interact with WS only without other.. she never actually realize how outcast or how the scar effect him.. she always treat WS the same but now seeing how actually fragile WS is about his scar and about his brother really touched her heart. its not pity but understanding how worse WS being treated because of the scar..
  • HS eyes always look at WS without a judgement and that what WS liked being around her.. she treated him the same.. scold him or talk back.. the scar or the fact he kill people never bothered HS.. but that scene changed how she look at him.. that what he hate the most.. the fact that HS now someone that he care the most also make him go crazy too..

this is what i look at when WS mean he hate it... also how heartbreaking WS is when he said that... its just hurt him and imagine how he will became if HS died or left him.. :cry:

Wang So is like an open book every time he's with Hae Soo. Soo is like mending his soul and his whole heart for everything he had been through. Soo is the only one who can say no to him even when she's actually can say yes for him. but the writer put them in the friend zoned instead until episode 7. 

• Like 10

in BBJX 4th did a lot of thing that hurt Ruoxi but he did not intentionally want to hurt her.. its something that he HAVE to do as a king but Ruoxi mind work differently with 4th mind so she disagree with a lot of thing also 4th punish a lot of people that Ruoxi care.. that does't help their relationship either.. 

also i want to highlight that its not because 4th prince cannot make Ruoxi a consort he choose not to give title for her.. because he do not want Ruoxi to involved in palace games and he just want to have a normal relationship with her..

i think this something that we going to see in this drama too.. HS mind is really pure and naive.. just like the scene where Eun ask WS to remove the mask she still thinking about Eun who clearly wrong to have a chance to apologize for that... her mind work differently than all the prince and WS.. its have pro and con but when you have a relationship with a KING it will make you suffer.. HS mind will never get why WS will do such thing and it slowly will ruin them.. 

its just bound to happen.. love between time never work well because we are different in a lot of thing.. no matter how deep WS love HS or vice versa there are thing that they can't control and changed.. that's why their love will be a heart wrenching one.. cause in the end they both going to hurt each other..

cue the scream pls make them happy!!!!! 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@gihwayujo glad you brought up the literal meaning of hanja characters. So not sure if you can help but still puting the question-

As we saw hanja chacracter of Wook means Morning Sun . What do hanja character So and Soo means ? 

As gihwayujo mentioned, So's Chinese character also has the word sun in it. The meaning overall is one of calling. However I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their names because they were real names of the princes historically.

Haesoo Chinese name is 解树。That surname ha  is highly uncommon and I wondered why they used it but now that I think about it,Hae in Korean has the meaning of Doing something.

Hence it seems to give HS an active personality of being a person who take action.

For the word Soo, they have chosen the Chinese word for tree. Again an unusual name to be used by a girl. It's interesting now that So talks about his relationship with trees. (Soo as a sound is a fav name in Korea, e.g soo hyun, soo min, soo jin)

When both hae n soo are combined, the meaning is profound, it becomes Understanding the Tree.:)

• Like 12

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

First, thanks for the compliment ;)and like you, since I like reading other opinions. :w00t:

Back to your comment: I agree with you. He couldn't ask Hae Soo to marry him right after her death. So, no he can't be blamed for the marriage fiasco. However, I was surprised that he never asked for the groom's identity. Why didn't he ask for it? Only through Wang Eun and Wang Jung, he heard that the future husband would be 60 years old and have many children. That's why he decided to take Hae Soo away.

To me, he missed the timing... he should have done it much earlier, when lady Hae was still alive. I know, it sounds weird, but back then, having two wives was common and if she had asked for it, then this meant that she was okay with that.

Then I noticed something: Wang Wook is the one who is the one initiating physical contact with her (except in the episode 3). In the episode 7, he touched her shoulder, he took her wrist in order to put the bracelet, he kissed her head and he hugged her. In the episode 6, he took her hands many times. In the episode 4, he touched her shoulder and he was about to kiss her. So he is always trying to be as close as possible to her. But because he was married, Hae Soo moved her shoulder, when he touched her. She  tried to avoid any physical contact with him, as long as lady Hae was alive. After her death, she is still very passive towards him. She allows him to touch her, but she is not seeking him to have some physical contact. 

On the other hand, the opposite happens with Wang So. I have noticed that she is the one initiating the contact from the episode 4 on. Since from the start, he touched her many times (saving her from falling, then pushing her down, touched her wrist in order to stop her from slapping, he took her face in his hand, when he was mad at her aso) and he was not very gentle, I believe, she got used to have physical contact with him. Therefore from the moment she stopped him from destroying the stone piles, she started touching him more often. She took his hand and touched his arms. In the latest episode, she even took his hand again in order to stop him from leaving. She never tried to pull a wall between herself and him, and that's another difference between Wang Wook and Wang So.

Like I mentioned it above, her problem was that back then Wang Wook was a married man and since she had just arrived from the 21st century, she was not used to polygamy. In my opinion, she will accept this custom, as time passes on and she will accept that Wang So makes Yeon hwa the Queen because she will have more knowledge about the implications and the political stuff. Right now, she is still that innocent and trusting woman. 

He did ask actually, but Hae soo uncle just said he is someone powerful who had help their clan. They said they are so thankful that there is a man who wants to take an orphan like soo as a bride. (Orphan girls also like a taboo back then i guess). I think he doesn't expect the person to be so old. Also during those time its prob unappropriate to ask too much. 

Regarding marrying Soo when his wife is still alive, i think it is not appropriate to do it especially when his wife is sick (tho lady Hae is the one suggesting it). He is a considerate guy so its expected from him.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, qwenli said:

As gihwayujo mentioned, So's Chinese character also has the word sun in it. The meaning overall is one of calling. However I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their names because they were real names of the princes historically.

Haesoo Chinese name is 解树。That surname ha  is highly uncommon and I wondered why they used it but now that I think about it,Hae in Korean has the meaning of Doing something.

Hence it seems to give HS an active personality of being a person who take action.

For the word Soo, they have chosen the Chinese word for tree. Again an unusual name to be used by a girl. It's interesting now that So talks about his relationship with trees. (Soo as a sound is a fav name in Korea, e.g soo hyun, soo min, soo jin)

When both hae n soo are combined, the meaning is profound, it becomes Understanding the Tree.:)

yeah those are real names of real people who existed but after looking at it very closely it looks like the writer of the tv series chose to characterise them based off their names a little bit. there's obviously some creative license here when they omit all the other princes (after all there're supposed to be 25 princes? pretty sure some are confirmed dead, 2 who is the first born son of queen yoo and therefore oldest brother of 3, 4, 14. the rest are probably stationed in military positions outside of the palace. and the youngest ones are likely still children so they hang out with their mothers/teachers. 10, 13, 14 and all in their 20s irl but i think they are meant to portray ages 15-19 in the series).

originally i could not understand how they managed to find enough parallels between korean and chinese history to properly adapt the story (they needed a time period where the 4th prince of a kingdom ascends the throne). although i'd dare to argue, historically, that gwangjong probably had a longer and more successful reign than yongzheng (who was sandwiched between kangxi and qianlong, two very very famous emperors). hae soo can't remember her history lessons perfectly and they usually just teach you about the famous kings in junior high :P so, to her knoweldge, gwangjong came after taejo even though there were two emperors in between.

also in regards to the female name name soo (tree), i'm not sure how commonly used that hanja is for girl names. but i do know someone named mi-su whose hanja is tree :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ruzikie said:

this is Wang So and Soo ? Why he suddenly wear the white color ? Isn't Wookie instead ? @violet90

Is Wang So. In episode 8 preview he is wearing white clothes so now I'm thinking that this scene maybe is going to happen on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers for that  waiting onion head

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 15

@ruzikie 

nope.. that WS and based on his cloth we will be seeing this next week.. both of them waiting for rain and in the gif its raining...

• Like 9

Help, I'm having some deep, unwise feelings for WS-HS. I need immediate therapy. My mother always told me not to fall for people that will break my heart... :bawling:

• Like 14

7 hours ago, gihwayujo said:

i decided i'd translate the names of the other princes :) i am by no means an expert but i'm trying my best here combining what i can from chinese and korean sources:

1st prince / crown prince wang mu -- 王武 -- 왕무 -- mu literally means military/war. as a name it probably means brave. interesting because taejo did mention that mu has fought alongside him for years. it's also a legit japanese name today (takeshi)

3rd prince wang yo -- 王堯 -- 왕요 -- this one is tough for me i don't know enough classical chinese to really give a good translation. i want to say it means sage / someone of high birth. which is interesting because he and his mother are all about their high birthright and are walking around thinking they're totally entitled to more power. 堯 is also the name of a very legendary emperor (this guys is from like 3000 bc...goryeo is set around 900 ad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Yao). so yeah it's nice to be named after some really legendary emperor guy right? maybe that's why yo has his eye on the throne ;) 

4th prince wang so -- 王昭 -- 왕소 -- his name means shining light / bright light. judging from how the word is used in chinese words, it does imply that it is sunlight...it is also used to describe the first light of the dawn, in fact :) 

8th prince wang wook -- 王旭 -- 왕욱 -- he has explained his name for us. it means the rising sun / radiant / brilliant :)

9th prince wang won -- 王垣 -- 왕원 -- this one is a little odd. his name literally means wall. which has the connotation of defence (in a military way, you know, protecting the city's walls?) i had to re-watch the bathhouse scene a ton of times to catch their hanja names. this guy was working out and asking 3 to check out his muscles. so maybe he's got some military prowess??? 9 is so underdeveloped right now i'm not sure if that's going to change at all. he just seems to be the guy who's always saying slightly inappropriate things. he also seems to have a slightly better relationship with 3. which makes me wonder if that scene where the brothers were play-fighting if it foreshadows the sides that they will take in the later part of the series :/???

10th prince wang eun -- 王銀 -- 왕은 -- this one made me giggle. it means silver! he's always number 2 eh??? *raises index finger* :P

13th prince baek ah -- 王郁 -- 왕욱 -- 伯牙 -- 백아 -- this one made me giggle too. it means elegant, cultured. that's why he's so into poetry and art :) it has a secondary meaning fragrant / perfumed. BUT PLOT TWIST the hanja is not "baek ah". the hanja reads as "wook" too. his real name is wang wook!!! i really don't know where baek ah comes from. on the korean wiki the hanja given was 伯牙 and all i could find was this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Ya this guy was musician from china's warring states era (basically, somewhere in the vicinity of confucius' time period which is just over 1000 years before goryeo. just like how goryeo is about 1000 years before the present timeline if it helps gives you some perspective of time) i have no idea why they named him baek ah apart from the potential reference here. i'm not sure if this is a real historical name or if the writers chose to do so because they can't have two characters named wook (it's likely it was the writer's decision). it is likely they named him baek ah to be treated as a nickname or some other formal name (men back then had multiple names/titles. confucius had a name given to him as a child, and a formal courtesy name, and later on his teacher name etc. just like how the princes have names now but should they ascend the throne they take an imperial name. spoiler: according to history: 1 becomes hyejong, 3 becomes jeongjong and 4 becomes gwangjong.) it also gives you the idea that he is the most distant from the throne as no one really uses his real, formal prince name.

14th prince wang jung -- 王貞-- 왕정 -- it means loyal / upright / virtuous / pure / righteous. and yeah when soo saves his life he pledges allegiance to her and is loyal to a fault :)

hope you guys enjoyed this!

yup Baek Ah real name is Wook too. but since he has an older brother with same name, he goes with Baek Ah. BAek Ah prob his nick name to differentiate him from Wook. 

• Like 6

@violet90 yeah we need more hugging between Sosoo to speed up the pace between these two! Next week is ep 8! The very special ep for all SBS dramas lol where a kiss or something will happen esp if the drama is 16 eps, but ours is 20 so I hope they don't make us wait till ep 10....

• Like 11

1 minute ago, qwenli said:

@violet90 yeah we need more hugging between Sosoo to speed up the pace between these two! Next week is ep 8! The very special ep for all SBS dramas lol where a kiss or something will happen esp if the drama is 16 eps, but ours is 20 so I hope they don't make us wait till ep 10....

i think usually saeguk have a little skinship but in here i doubt that the case.. WS is a possessive person and even in long preview we can see he always have skinship with HS.. i just hope when they actually in relationship they will have a bunch of skinship , kisses and hug.. lol

• Like 13

In the Chinese version, 4th Prince taught Ruoxi how to write. In this version, what will 4th Prince teach Hae Soo? Or, what if they switched it around, and made Hae Soo teach 4th Prince something. And then, at the end, Hae Soo will finally realize how much affection and love 4th Prince has for her. :huh:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

True... but look at the way she behaved towards lady Hae. She was rather cold and distant. She wanted to get rid of her, once she realised that she was so sick. She views people as disposable. On the other hand, lady Hae was not cold-hearted and didn't mistrust people like her sister-in-law. Lady Hae had a different conception of life that's why she tried to push her husband to marry someone he loves. Both come from the same social background. Lady Hae knew how life at the palace is, but she cared much more about happiness than power itself. Sure, Yeon Hwa is traumatised that's why she is so blind to others' feelings. In her head, she is trying to survive, but she is doing it at others' expense. That's why the difference between Hae Soo and Yeon Hwa can't be just explained that the one comes from 21st century and the other from the 10th century. Notice that JM is not pushing Wang So to Yeon Hwa.  

You have a point there although Lady Hae was part of a noble clan who lived away from the capital thus she had a more carefree childhood as compared to Yeon Hwa who was immediate royal family being targeted by the other queen (So, Jung, Yo's mother). I think that the remaining mysteries of the drama as according to Yeon Hwa's character synopsis will be what made her switch from Wook to So as how did they get married in the first place since her heart may sway to him but rationally he was not one of her choices due to his facial features and lack of ambition. From the character synopsis, it feels like she will be forced to marry So to marginalise her away from power but she will try to make lemonades from lemons and make him king instead although he may do it because of Hae Soo and the prodding of the General.

• Like 2