[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

28 minutes ago, shiraru said:

All of these theories and analysis that you guys have come up with made me think that this drama should be at least 30 episodes long...or it should be as least as epic as the saegeuk hit drama "Dae Jang Geum" a few years back. I think "Dae Jang Geum" was 50-60 episodes? And it was really detailed, I felt very satisfied, story-wise, when I finally finished watching it. I suspected (and strangely, pretty sure) the director of the drama has shot all footage and details necessary for the plot, but can't add them all because the portion that SBS or production house that responsible for the drama gave for "Moon Lovers" is 21 episodes on the contract...

I am surprised it is only 20 eps either. I thought it should be at least 30 eps but of coz i want it to be a mega 50eps drama like 6 Flying Dragon. In 6FD the history is explained well. 

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@LyraYoo Thanks for bringing such a good news. MLSH could not bring  higher ratings make me a bit dissappointed and sad. Such a good drama but end up with low ratings. Could not tell korean taste...:(...

In order to convince myself accepting the fact of low ratings is the release date of MLSH. Moon Light is one day earlier than Moon Lovers, and people don't intend to switch over to Moon Lovers because they believed the storyline could be the same as Scarlet Heart of c-version. But what I don't like the most is people would give weighing based on ratings. 

Anyway, MLSH deserves to have higher ratings because of well done scripts writer and hard work of PD and team members. Especially, LJG oppa has portrayed the character of WS pretty well and he has a kind of charisma.... I like it....:D

It looks like the Korean viewers love both dramas. MLDC on TV and MLSHR on net.:)

• Like 16

EP 7 BTS ENG SUB is available on twitter but I don't know how embed the video...

someone has mentioned that Knetizens refer to the ship as SoHae, should we just follow that so we're one together with them or at least at that as the ship name when we tweet? we have so many ship names for our OTP xDD

• Like 15

4 hours ago, skxz said:

This scene looks so intense. I can't bear to see So hurt and the sadness in Soo's eyes is unbearable. Another scene that will cause the audience to feel a turmoil of emotions. Stay strong #SCARCOUPLE!! 

Cr: to owner

what happened to so ;O ;O

Edited by bebebisous33
quoting videos GIF or pictures
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Changing History?? I'm sorry @bebebisous33 but they're not and haven't a hope of doing so. History books are there and written for a reason.

This is just a group of fans having a laugh at the expense of how easy it is to manipulate information on Wikipedia. That's why I've always taken everything there with a pinch of salt.

But no worries, I've sent off an email to Wikipedia. It's in their hands now. (and the last I'll say on this subject)

Yes, but honestly more and more people are reading on tablets and less on books any more. Besides, I can tell you that many of my students use Wikipedia, despite my warning. That's why I am saying that they are trying to change History.

3 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

With the discussion about the scar I also remember that nobody from Wang So's brothers know about the scar except Wang Mo( wait not sure if Yo knows). That also explains why Queen SMS is very adamant in keeping So in the palace. He may use it as ace against Yoo (yet the King knows about her plot of overthrowing the Crown Prince.

Yes, nobody knows except the king and Wang Mu. Yoo considers So as a threat because he could reveal the truth. But in order to nip the real cause of the scar in the bud, she sprayed many lies. I am sure, she also brainwashed Yo in that matter too. 

• Like 11

Good eve Eclipses!

How is everyone? I hope everyone's enjoying the evening? :D I see people are having some 'passionate' discussions on several stuff on her. Let us all breathe, and stay happy it is a Friday, after Sat and Sun it is once again a Moonday!

Talking about Moonday, I remembered on the long HIGHTLIGHT Korean preview that WY was lamenting that WS was chosen by the heavens? I realized that scene may have to do with the upcoming episodes. Where WS prayed for the ritual of rain and there was a down pour of rain which we saw on that snippet "hugging" scene.

tumblr_ob96i8230l1vvy38go4_r1_250.gif

I presume that every prince was given the opportunity to do the ritual as Wang Wook talked about his desire to free Hae Soo if it rains and WY during that confrontation (slap scene- sound like a soap opera) between WS and WY in front of that imperial palaquin or something, that he would like to be a King if it rains. It looks like things will escalate by next week

• Like 24

i know Queen yoo hate king taejo, but why she hates wang so soo much?? it is hatred towards the king not wang so

even after she hurts wang so's face, she doesnt feel guilty at all

he can love wang yo, but not wang so (?)

6 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Really - answering for your post means to delete so many Pictures... Hope I did not forget any... :D

As always I love your Comment :wub:- And YES!

Extremly for Baek Ah and CP - so much YES. The Moment it became clear that So will do it - Baek Ah closed his Eyes. For me that was the best what he could do - and he even said before that So should ignore it... So I hope So did not misread his reaction wrong. It´s not that BA is not able to look at him.. but he don´t want to be part of Yos evil plat (right!) and he don´t want to step on a weakness. Somehow I thought too that he felt a bit ashamed - that he could do nothing - and So helped him before.

CP is the one Person in the Room who was there when So was hurted. He knows the real Story behind. He knows who did that and what became of So. I loved how he spoke to Yo just after So left... just - I wish So would know that.

Jung is a difficult Person --- he first looke at So than he looked at eveyone else for a moment - checking there reaction. I do think he will later join Yo but I do feel like he has some kind of hidden sympathy for So. He rescued him. And this does not fit to all what he heard. And he somehow just have to learn that he was spoiled a lot - not knowing a lot.. I can´t blame him too much for that - it is like evil Queen close his Ears and Eyes to just let him be her enterteinment. To cherish her. On his Age I guess Yo already was pushed to to a lot things to achieve Queens Dreams later. (political wedding and so on...)

Jung really don´t know what do do... he is somehow lost... what happen now and how So acts and the Picture he had in his mind is not compatible. He is like - what is going on here - and why did Yo that?

I agree completly with Eun - he is shocked - he was a little child again - curious to find out something new. But he did not wanted to do any harm. Without thinking he just follow the lead and thought that might me exciting. And yes - I think he often wonders before what So is hiding. So here was his Chance. Pulling Soo in the boat was wrong... and it hurst So just more. But this Boy just don´t know anything right now. He will learn this lesson...

Won is the Brother I don´t like. And he proved me to be right again. His Present made clear what is importend for him too. It had to be something expensive. And he lookes at So as he is some sort of exotic Animal shown to the Audience for the first time. Disgusting but interesting and somehow it is amusing to watch the animal struggle. If this Brother will die later - I will not cry a tear.

I don´t have to say anything to Yo - his reaction is so clear. Ah he won... and he hurted So so much. Grrrrr!

Wook .... hmmm... not sure... looks like he had to take the chance to see it with his own eyes too but right after that he knows that is was a mistake. He can´t look at So like nothing happend - so he too avoid his Eyes. But I can´t see much empathy with him for So. Right.

As for Yeon Hwa... yes I think she was disgusted for a moment too... It feels like she somehow try to avoid the scar and the Story. She did not touch the mask even when she clean his face - like she try to concentrate only on the other half of his Face - and seeing the So he once was for her and who he is in her imagination. Not sure how to explain what I mean - It feels like she would rather present him the best looking mask  than to think about taking it off and loving him just like he is.

But she likes him --- and she had a good reaction toward Eun. But why do I feel it was easier for her do deal with Eun in that Moment than to deal with So?

Hae Soo like I see it - is the only one looking at him - not at his Scar - but Eye to Eye - and she feels his Pain and shows it even before he did. And he follows him without thinking...

I can´t say how much I love that scene - what is strange because it hurts so much to watch it... even after watching it so often now.

agree, i think baek ah & crown prince shows respect to wang so, they don't want to join the humiliation,

not like wang yo, yeonhwa and wook

as for jisoo & baekhyun, they are too young & childish to understand about respect

as for hae soo - i have no idea

after this scene, i admire crown prince, he is really gentle and nice

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Putri Dewi said:

i know Queen yoo hate king taejo, but why she hates wang so soo much?? it is hatred towards the king not wang so

even after she hurts wang so's face, she doesnt feel guilty at all

he can love wang yo, but not wang so (?)

Sadly, what I noticed on Saeguk is that they usually use the 'prince' as a leverage to control either clans/ministers or even a King. So basically Queens use a "Prince" to stay in power or to gain power. If he doesn't have any use in the middle of power struggle, they're eliminated. I can't remember it exactly but I feel it was somehow similar to that drama Empress Ki. Like 2-3 of the Princes died, and the Queen Dowager didn't even care about Chang Ji Wook's character if you ask me, didn't she left him to die or something. Not until he became the emperor, she wouldn't blink an eye for the suffering of her child. He was only worthy when she had use for him.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, skxz said:

And whatever Hae Soo or whoever did to cover So's scar up is quite amazing. I think he looks really cool with and without it but I wanna know what they did to help him achieve the no scar look. Betting it's Hae Soo's amazing make up skills.

I'm so ready for Monday! Not something many people say. But us Eclipses LOVEEEE MONDAY'S! KEEN BEANS!!! :blush:

Since I can't quote your image lemme post is below.. 

Is it me or the scar is very lightly visible? Or my mind is playing tricks on me.

6%20copy_zpsset7ghy3.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, his sacrifice will be to marry Yeon Hwa in order to protect Hae Soo because he needs to be King. Becoming the King will be his goal in order to protect Hae Soo.

I wanted to reply to your posts about Yeon Hwa. Yes, from my point of view, Yeon Hwa has some feelings for Wang So but she is resolute enough to accept an arranged marriage, if her marriage improves her social status. She can live without love. When I said "manipulate So", I wasn't saying that So will become her puppet, but by turning him into a human, she has a certain definition how Wang So should be. She would like him to have the same goal (becoming Queen and King) and the same intention (reinforcing their position and protecting their family) and to me get her revenge to the Queen Yoo. She wants him to show interest for her, but so far, Wang So has ignored her. The reasons why Wang So is the best option (despite her feelings) are:

- His ranking, he is the 4th prince 

- His bad reputation: he can be ruthless  and he is determined

- She knows that Wang So is not accepted by his mother so that she thought, they have a common enemy 

- He is not married so that she will be his first wife

Just saw your analysis and I love the theories you have. I just have a few questions and comments to make (hope you don't mind). 

I absolutely agree that she has had her eyes set on him due to the fact he does:

- Share a common enemy (Queen Yoo)

- He isn't married and once he joins the fight for the throne she will benefit from him in every way as he hasn't married.

However I am still unsure how marrying her it will benefit or help him. How will their marriage help protect Hae Soo? We all know that Yeon Hwa hates Hae Soo's guts. That girl cannot stand the idea of Soo being around so getting rid of her would probably be the highest on her priority list.

In order to answer that question another will have to be answered first and that is, can someone be King even tho they aren't married? Is it not possible cause if this were the case then there's a chance you won't have children and thus result in no heir to the throne? Thus Yeon Hwa is the only eligible candidate. Hmmmm...

I have to say So and Yeon Hwa share a very complicated and eerie relationship. I wouldn't say he has ignored her because we have seen several instances where he has clearly shown interest even if it has been very slight. Early on in the drama after she healed his wound he said

8%20copy_zpsrbuitupk.jpg

AND he has saved her from Yo. I don't think he would if he had absolutely no interest in her. Real question is why has he done this for her?

Bottom line from me is I hate the idea of them together. Don't like it one bit. It's not even the fact that they're related. She is just no good for him because she will just cause him trouble and more harm but history has already written itself and it's inevitable for it not to happen. We already know she is taking all these steps to save her own skin and this relationship of theirs makes me very worried for So.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents to this interesting topic and also had some queries which I hope fellow Eclipses can help with.

• Like 15

@bebebisous33 we all knowing that WS and YW would get marriage if based on history but the result is not what we want. Viewers are so desperate to pair up WS and HS. Historical can not be changed, but a storyline of a  drama could be changed easily if the writer wants too.  A good drama should entertain and bring happiness to viewers. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, redfrommars said:

EP 7 BTS ENG SUB is available on twitter but I don't know how embed the video...

someone has mentioned that Knetizens refer to the ship as SoHae, should we just follow that so we're one together with them or at least at that as the ship name when we tweet? we have so many ship names for our OTP xDD

I like SoSoo better XD :) 

BTS with english subs:

So IU was asking Lee Joong Gi to beat her hahaha. Adorable! ^_^ BTS are always so cute.

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

Is it me or the scar is very lightly visible? Or my mind is playing tricks on me.

Yup, i can see it too, it's really slightly visible, maybe So doesn't know how to put enough BB Cream :D

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

Well I'm sure that his scar hasn't just magically disappeared because cosmetic surgery didn't exist back then haha. I agree that it is very lightly visible and I think it is thanks to Hae Soo. I believe she is the one that will allow him to see that he can live without hiding behind his mask. And since we all know Hae Soo/Go Ha Jin is a make-up expert, I think she will help use make up to cover his scar not because she thinks it needs covering but because it will help him be more comfortable to show his face. We have to remember that society back then didn't not accept a lot of things and if you looked different you were feared and looked down upon. And from watching the series scars are just big no nos.

Also, his scar is not just seen as a physical flaw by him but holds negative mental and emotional trauma. So I feel like these are baby steps to help him grow and realise his full potential which is what his scar hindered him from growing. 

In the long preview, the part where we see him and Soo ride the horse to the ocean, his scar is still visible and I feel like that is later on in the series. By then he may have full accepted his scar as a part of himelf and it could potentially hold a whole new meaning. I'm hoping it will be something along the lines of a reminder of how he is a fighter and survivor.

Sorry I babbled on for so long. I hope this makes sense :)

• Like 21

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, his sacrifice will be to marry Yeon Hwa in order to protect Hae Soo because he needs to be king. Becoming the king will be his goal in order to protect Hae Soo.

@ChyuuNyuu @theonlyone88 I wanted to reply to your posts about Yeon Hwa. Yes, from my point of view, Yeon Hwa has some feelings for Wang So but she is resolute enough to accept an arranged marriage, if her marriage improves her social status. She can live without love. When I said "manipulate So", I wasn't saying that So will become her puppet, but by turning him into a human, she has a certain definition how Wang So should be. She would like him to have the same goal (becoming Queen and King) and the same intention (reinforcing their position and protecting their family) and to me get her revenge to the Queen Yoo. She wants him to show interest for her, but so far, Wang So has ignored her. The reasons why Wang So is the best option (despite her feelings) are:

- His ranking, he is the 4th prince 

- His bad reputation: he can be ruthless  and he is determined

- She knows that Wang So is not accepted by his mother so that she thought, they have a common enemy 

- He is not married so that she will be his first wife

@evie7 @littleloony @Yongzura

I can fully understand where you are coming from and I also do think that he will want to become become king to protect the ones he love and value. However, I do think that  we as viewers have to completely disregard our modern sensibilities if we are to look at things objectively based on the context of the time period. Firstly, the notion of monogamy are only quite a recent concept and definitely not existing in the past especially in royal or noble families, it is only made that way in dramas to be socially acceptable. I do not think that marrying Yeon Hwa will be considered a sacrifice to Wang So if you look at scenes featuring the both of them e.g him stating he wonders how she will grow up to be and apologizing after preventing her from whipping Hae Soo in front of the others. He may not view her in a romantic light but nevertheless she is someone he values and a small part of him wanting to become king may be also to protect her.  In fact, in Asian countries, as close to 20-30 years ago, arranged marriages was the norm and love before a marriage was not a factor.

Secondly, issue of fundamental attribution error, in kdramas, there is the main leads and main cp and the second leads. We as viewers may have over analyse things and think too well of the main leads and think too badly of the second leads especially if they are tagged as the antagonists. In this instance at least up to the current episodes,  I do not think that Yeon Hwa is actually interested in taking revenge, if you look at her interactions with the Queen, she is actually fearful and putting a strong front and haughty so as to not display weaknesses. As she is in a position of weakness, her main thoughts and focus is to lever the odds, thus in front of the king, the image of the perfect daughter, in front of the queen and siblings, capable, resolute and haughty. In front of her servants, rigid and obsessed on proper rules and somewhat unemphatic. Thus, I do not think that she has actually thought that far in terms of Wang So as you mentioned above.

This character is the most intriguing to me at least probably because it does not have a equivalent in the Chinese version of the drama thus its trajectory is unknown and open to creative interpretation by the scriptwriters unlike the main leads. Anyway, this is just my honest opinion about the matters without trying to pick a fight as I fully understand where you come from even if I find your opinion ahead of the current stage (perhaps it may be true in the later episodes) which make it somewhat judgmental and over critical.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, skxz said:

Well I'm sure that his scar hasn't just magically disappeared because cosmetic surgery didn't exist back then haha. I agree that it is very lightly visible and I think it is thanks to Hae Soo. I believe she is the one that will allow him to see that he can live without hiding behind his mask. And since we all know Hae Soo/Go Ha Jin is a make-up expert, I think she will help use make up to cover his scar not because she thinks it needs covering but because it will help him be more comfortable to show his face. We have to remember that society back then didn't not accept a lot of things and if you looked different you were feared and looked down upon.

Also, his scar is not just seen as a physical flaw by him but holds negative mental and emotion trauma. So I feel like these are baby steps to help him grow and realise his full potential which is what his scar hindered him from growing. In the long preview, the part where we see him and Soo ride the horse to the ocean, his scar is still visible and I feel like that is later on in the series. By then he may have full accepted his scar as a part of himelf and it could potentially hold a whole new meaning. I'm hoping it will be something along the lines of a reminder of how he is a fighter and survivor.

Sorry I babbled on for so long. I hope this makes sense :)

yeah agree, i think in episode 8 (when haesoo takes off wang so's mask) it is when she use make up to cover his scar,

besides, when looking at preview, it seems wang so's scar soon be gone

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, skxz said:

Just saw your analysis and I love the theories you have. I just have a few questions and comments to make (hope you don't mind). 

I absolutely agree that she has had her eyes set on him due to the fact he does:

- Share a common enemy (Queen Yoo)

- He isn't married and once he joins the fight for the throne he will benefit her in every way as he hasn't married.

However I am still unsure how marrying her it will benefit or help him. How will their marriage help protect Hae Soo? We all know that Yeon Hwa hates Hae Soo's guts. That girl cannot stand the idea of Soo being around so getting rid of her would probably be the highest on her priority list.

In order to answer that question another will have to be answered first and that is, can someone be King even tho they aren't married? Is it not possible cause if this were the case then there's a chance you won't have children and thus result in no heir to the throne? Thus Yeon Hwa is the only eligible candidate. Hmmmm...

I have to say So and Yeon Hwa share a very complicated and eerie relationship. I wouldn't say he has ignored her because we have seen several instances where he has clearly shown interest even if it has been very slight. Early on in the drama after she healed his wound he said

AND he has saved her from Yo. I don't think he would if he had absolutely no interest in her. Real question is why has he done this for her?

Bottom line from me is I hate the idea of them together. Don't like it one bit. It's not even the fact that they're related. She is just no good for him because she will just cause him trouble and more harm but history has already written itself and it's inevitable for it not to happen. We already know she is taking all these steps to save her own skin and this relationship of theirs makes me very worried for So.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents to this interesting topic and also had some queries which I hope fellow Eclipses can help with.

Thanks for completing my comment.

Well, as king he needs to be married. To me, one of the conditions of becoming king is the marital status. But he can't marry Hae Soo for two reasons:

- her family has abandoned her as she has become a court lady

- her scar: a king can't marry a woman with a scar

So when you asked me, why his marriage could protect Hae Soo, it is because his chances are higher if he is married and once, he becomes the king, he can do what he wants (have Hae Soo as his second wife f. ex.). What Yeon Hwa wants is the title: be the Queen. Sure, right now she considers Hae Soo as a thread, but maybe she will realise that Hae Soo is different from her because she is not greedy and doesn't care about power and social status. She wants to live well and survive in that world. 

But there is still another possibility why Wang So might marry her: in order to protect himself from Wang Yo. We know that Wang Yo will become the king and as such, Wang So will need support.

You're right. He is not indifferent to Yeon Hwa but when I said that he ignored her, I actually meant that he showed no interest for a marriage between him and her. She tried to give him some hint, but he told her that he didn't want an arranged marriage. He said that he wanted to be accepted with everything. 

• Like 17

th?id=OIP.672b73cc5111680934da9057a61b28Image result for moon lovers: scarlet heart ryeo episode 6

I have to say from what I have experienced so far I love the casting of the princes as well as the others I just feel that each prince is different and just like that one picture of them all dressed in different colors it's kind of true in that we are introduced to each one and their story and personality.  I find it interesting that there seems to be a lighter and not so dark feeling which in a historical is kind of fresh in itself. Not to mention the youthfulness now with two more women joining I am excited to see what's in store for us...

After reading the posts here it made me so curious BIG MISTAKE!!  I decided to watch the Chinese version with tons of coffee & tea and I agree with some here if you haven't seen it wait till after this drama is over before you do.  At least for me although it was an amazing drama it just leaves so many thoughts in your head that linger.   What it did have in common was how you seem to grow close to the princes, you just can't help it.   Whether they are bad or good each having their own distinct way reasons & story.   Lets just say I used more than a few tissues and kept thinking how would the Korean version be different and play out as there are already some differences... And to be honest I am hoping there are a lot more...

As far as history goes I sometimes think about the sadness of being born into a royal family.  It sounds glorious if your on the outside looking in but if your the one living it, not so much.  It's more than just giving up your freedom or your will, it may even mean giving up who you are or were meant to be.  Where peace and harmony, trust and happiness, hope and dreams were often sought but seldom found...

Also it makes you think about the hardships women throughout history have faced and gives you a deeper feeling about how HS would feel having to live under those conditions after being so free as a women in the modern world.  Which is why I love HS's character so much she faces each obstacle with courage and always cares more about others than herself leaving them with a smile with her childlike faith.  She knows and has lived with the freedom to live as you want, love who you want, even marry who you want it's a lot to think about.  On a real life note it kind of makes me thankful for the freedoms I take for granted everyday as a woman...

What I truly love best is that HS loves each prince in her own way and spreads her magic among them all and no matter what path this drama should take I think so far that is what touches me the most.  And while watching her sing and looking at each of them what a sweet time that moment was.  Now when I look back I see so much more what a memory HS gave them, fiction or not what a memory to be given along with your brothers.  That time cannot change even if they should change for memories are forever in ones heart.  Maybe no matter what happens HS's true reward will be knowing that time & change can't erase the fact that she cared for them all and they in return cared for her as well.  But even more her character shows that one life history or fiction can remind us that we too can make a difference and that no act or word of kindness is ever to small...