[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 hours ago, chi13lou said:

Based on Wikipedia entry on Gwangjong of Goryeo, this is what was written.

Family

• Father: King Taejo (태조)
  • Mother: Queen Sinmyeongsunseong (신명순성왕후)
  • Consorts:
  1. Queen Hae Soo
  • Children:
  1. King Gyeongjong (경종), 1st Son of Queen Hae Soo
  2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd Son of Queen Hae Soo
  3. Lady Chenchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter of Queen Hae Soo
  4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter of Queen Hae Soo
  5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter of Queen Hae Soo

Wishful thinking?

Hemm I will join the wish club....

So the name Hae Soo exist in Wang So history...but her title is empress. Is the Hae will be really powerful next?? So HS will help So taking the throne from Yo? With her power??

em·press

ˈemprəs/
noun

1. a female emperor.
    synonyms: ruler, sovereign, queen, monarch, potentate; 
    historicalczarina
    "an exhibit of gowns worn by the empress"
    • the wife or widow of an emperor.

@40somethingahjumma I love the thought about the scar...poor So then. But then worry our HJ with her make up license from present time will definitely know the trick to hide the scars. And someone once mention it also in this thread that could be the root of the bb cream history kekekekekek

@mynameiswat if I can I'm willing to illiterate to have Wook teach me how to read and write...

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

No it hasn't. It still has Queen Hae Soo in the context

Family

• Consorts:
  1. Empress Hae Soo (해수)
  • Children:
  1. Emperor Gyeongjong (경종), 1st Son of Empress Hae Soo
  2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd Son of Empress Hae Soo
  3. Lady Chenchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter of Empress Hae Soo
  4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter of Empress Hae Soo
  5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter of Empress Hae Soo

Sigh ... As you can see it's Empress Hae Soo now. I admire their persistence. I'll change it back and report the user to Wikipedia. Though I can't stop a flood of fans from changing it to Hae Soo again so be prepared.

Edit: As you can see the user Milaki98 keeps changing it to Hae Soo. Just look under edit revision.

e4r8ujL.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gwangjong_of_Goryeo&type=revision&diff=739700461&oldid=739698240

• Like 16

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

LMAO

devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gifThat was brilliant. In honour of Queen Hae Soo, I've made her a page on Wikipedia. [It's very easy to edit text and create content on Wiki, so you should always consider the information very carefully.]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Hae_Soo

It'll be there til its' deleted.

Edit: Since a lot of you feel disrespected I will edit the details on the page back to Queen daemok.

Family

• Consorts:
  1. Queen Daemok
  • Children:
  1. King Gyeongjong (경종), 1st Son of Queen Hae Soo
  2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd Son of Queen Hae Soo
  3. Lady Chenchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter of Queen Hae Soo
  4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter of Queen Hae Soo
  5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter of Queen Hae Soo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo#Family

You are messing with history, please amend your page that it is fictional

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, qwenli said:

You are messing with history, please amend your page that it is fictional

Wikipedia is not nor should it be seen as a reliable source. It will be deleted soon don't worry. Anyone can see that my content page is just a bit of fun. I did not change the page for Gwangjong to Queen or Empress Hae Soo so direct your ire elsewhere please.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

What about Haesoo? T2NXaV9.gif what would he sacrifice in order to be with her? T2NXaV9.gifmy fan girl's imagination just gone wild T2NXaV9.gif

In my opinion, his sacrifice will be to marry Yeon Hwa in order to protect Hae Soo because he needs to be king. Becoming the king will be his goal in order to protect Hae Soo.

@ChyuuNyuu @theonlyone88 I wanted to reply to your posts about Yeon Hwa. Yes, from my point of view, Yeon Hwa has some feelings for Wang So but she is resolute enough to accept an arranged marriage, if her marriage improves her social status. She can live without love. When I said "manipulate So", I wasn't saying that So will become her puppet, but by turning him into a human, she has a certain definition how Wang So should be. She would like him to have the same goal (becoming Queen and King) and the same intention (reinforcing their position and protecting their family) and to me get her revenge to the Queen Yoo. She wants him to show interest for her, but so far, Wang So has ignored her. The reasons why Wang So is the best option (despite her feelings) are:

- His ranking, he is the 4th prince 

- His bad reputation: he can be ruthless  and he is determined

- She knows that Wang So is not accepted by his mother so that she thought, they have a common enemy 

- He is not married so that she will be his first wife

@evie7 @littleloony @Yongzura

• Like 17

Wikipedia is suppose to be a reliable source. I use Wikipedia a lot for so many reasons. From work to fun.  The reason they have edit button is for users to help them update about certain infos if it is not updated. They do not have many stuffs and to update such huge portal is quite a hard work. 

• Like 7

All of these theories and analysis that you guys have come up with made me think that this drama should be at least 30 episodes long...or it should be as least as epic as the saegeuk hit drama "Dae Jang Geum" a few years back. I think "Dae Jang Geum" was 50-60 episodes? And it was really detailed, I felt very satisfied, story-wise, when I finally finished watching it. I suspected (and strangely, pretty sure) the director of the drama has shot all footage and details necessary for the plot, but can't add them all because the portion that SBS or production house that responsible for the drama gave for "Moon Lovers" is 21 episodes on the contract...

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Wikipedia is suppose to be a reliable source. I use Wikipedia a lot for so many reasons. From work to fun.  The reason they have edit button is for users to help them update about certain infos if it is not updated. They do not have many stuffs and to update such huge portal is quite a hard work. 

''Suppose'' to be but it is not. You'd get laughed out of it if you referenced wikipedia in university. I'm sorry but that's just the truth.

ANYWAY, I did change the Queen back to Dae Mok but then another new user decided to change it back. I could keep at this all day, but I won't. I'll just report the page to Wikipedia and let them deal with it.

9M29pv5.png

• Like 12

@LyraYoo Thanks for bringing such a good news. MLSH could not bring  higher ratings make me a bit dissappointed and sad. Such a good drama but end up with low ratings. Could not tell korean taste...:(...

In order to convince myself accepting the fact of low ratings is the release date of MLSH. Moon Light is one day earlier than Moon Lovers, and people don't intend to switch over to Moon Lovers because they believed the storyline could be the same as Scarlet Heart of c-version. But what I don't like the most is people would give weighing based on ratings. 

Anyway, MLSH deserves to have higher ratings because of well done scripts writer and hard work of PD and team members. Especially, LJG oppa has portrayed the character of WS pretty well and he has a kind of charisma.... I like it....:D

• Like 15

54 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Family

• Consorts:
  1. Empress Hae Soo (해수)
  • Children:
  1. Emperor Gyeongjong (경종), 1st Son of Empress Hae Soo
  2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd Son of Empress Hae Soo
  3. Lady Chenchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter of Empress Hae Soo
  4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter of Empress Hae Soo
  5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter of Empress Hae Soo

Sigh ... As you can see it's Empress Hae Soo now. I admire their persistence. I'll change it back and report the user to Wikipedia. Though I can't stop a flood of fans from changing it to Hae Soo again so be prepared.

Edit: As you can see the user Milaki98 keeps changing it to Hae Soo. Just look under edit revision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gwangjong_of_Goryeo&type=revision&diff=739700461&oldid=739698240

Ah so that's why.... I remember now its should be queen Daemok, the YH character...that's why it feels odd.

oh my, I really do not expect this....

• Like 9

@MadraRua It is really crazy to see what obsession can do... changing History! milk bottleHonestly, I am shocked that people are using Wikipedia in order to turn fiction into reality as if they could influence the ending of the drama... but they can't see, since it has been preproduced.

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I have a theory about that and that is this anti-scar policy of Goryeo in ML is some kind allegory about how preoccupied SK society is with plastic surgery specifically and appearance in general. I've been graced with stories by a number of sources that nips and tucks are a way of life there to the point where kids don't really resemble their mums because of extensive work done on their faces. Seoul apparently is the plastic surgery capital of the world with more procedures per capita than any other nation. But what often disturbs me are the comments of the Knetz about young, up and coming actresses who are singled out for their looks. Aside from the fact that these comments can potentially scar people for life, they show a kind of obsession with some unspoken standard of physical beauty especially for their celebrities.

The thing that also bothers me about this anti-scar policy is that it assumes that scarring is a curse and/or disease that needs quarantining. Is it his fault that So has a scar on one side of his face? Well apparently. And the despicable thing is that the woman who gave it to him hates him the most instead of being remorseful about it. Then she poisons the well by turning her own sons against each other. Obviously it's more than just the scar that grates on this woman.

Frankly, if you ask me, I think that LJG is so much more attractive with that scar and that mask. It's nice to see him shed his flower boy looks for a more ruggedly handsome demeanour. It's undoubtedly why I've really embraced him in a new and a fresh way with ML.

It's intriguing what this drama is doing with regards to the scar not just in the storyline but as a social commentary on the kind of dynamics of power that the preoccupation with appearance leads to. In a meritocracy appearance shouldn't really matter but of course in many jobs, visuals and impressions are really key to being employed. 

I also wonder too if people become more preoccupied with their appearance when the dysfunction in their lives is much more pronounced. So the emphasis on the outside appearance is to conceal, to take attention away from the real trouble spots that are within. The royal family is a case in point. Polygamy leading to family strife to extreme sibling rivalry, power struggles and fratricide. The first family has many skeletons and this anti-scar policy is a complete joke when it's clear that there are far more serious issues at hand.

Yes, I read so many articles about it. It is really disturbing that people care more for appearances than personality or diligence. But I would like to say that from my History knowledges, in the Middle-Age kings (Jerusalem or France, the cases I remember) who had some difformity or were suffering from a disease had problems to have their authority aknowledged by the nobles.  So I do think that a scar on the face of a prince back then could have created a problem. Sure, it can be explained as bad omen or bad karma, since kings were supposed to get the support from the gods or God.

The reason why Queen Yoo can't allow herself to feel remorseful is if she did, she would lose her authority among the other Queens. Since she is very greedy, she had to cover up her mistake and create a net of lies so that she wouldn't be questioned. Queen Yoo is still acting as the highest Queen, the way she treats Hwangbo, illustrates that she feels superior to her. She is complimenting lady Hae, but also criticising her as well, although she is not the mother-in-law. 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, his sacrifice will be to marry Yeon Hwa in order to protect Hae Soo because he needs to be king. Becoming the king will be his goal in order to protect Hae Soo.

@ChyuuNyuu @theonlyone88 I wanted to reply to your posts about Yeon Hwa. Yes, from my point of view, Yeon Hwa has some feelings for Wang So but she is resolute enough to accept an arranged marriage, if her marriage improves her social status. She can live without love. When I said "manipulate So", I wasn't saying that So will become her puppet, but by turning him into a human, she has a certain definition how Wang So should be. She would like him to have the same goal (becoming Queen and King) and the same intention (reinforcing their position and protecting their family) and to me get her revenge to the Queen Yoo. She wants him to show interest for her, but so far, Wang So has ignored her. The reasons why Wang So is the best option (despite her feelings) are:

- His ranking, he is the 4th prince 

- His bad reputation: he can be ruthless  and he is determined

- She knows that Wang So is not accepted by his mother so that she thought, they have a common enemy 

- He is not married so that she will be his first wife

i don't think yeon hwa has feelings for wang so,, typical bad girls, they are curious when boys ignore them hahahha xD~

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

It is really crazy to see what obsession can do... changing History! milk bottleHonestly, I am shocked that people are using Wikipedia in order to turn fiction into reality as if they could influence the ending of the drama... but they can't see, since it has been preproduced.

Changing History?? I'm sorry @bebebisous33 but they're not and haven't a hope of doing so. History books are there and written for a reason.

This is just a group of fans having a laugh at the expense of how easy it is to manipulate information on Wikipedia. That's why I've always taken everything there with a pinch of salt.

But no worries, I've sent off an email to Wikipedia. It's in their hands now. (and the last I'll say on this subject)

• Like 19